🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Episcopal church embracing HERESY flies in the face of GOD OUR FATHER!

You guys cannot rob the rest of the world of what is sacred, no matter how hard you try. Again, you guys stick to your churches. I will stick to mine.
I don't 'stick' to any church. I stick to the word of God. You should try it sometime.

Jesus made provision for the New Testament (B’rit Hadashah) by sending the Holy Spirit (the Ruach HaKodesh). We must note that Jesus Himself never wrote one word of Scripture although He is the Word of God Himself (the living Torah in flesh and blood, see John, chapter 1). He committed the task of all writing of the Word of God to fallible men—guided by the infallible Holy Spirit. The apostles’ words had the same authority as Christ’s: Matthew 10:14, 15; Luke 10:16; John 13:20; 14:22; 15:26, 27; 16:12–14.

Why do you use word B’rit Hadashah the Ruach HaKodesh? Why do you say you serve Christ, yet you choose words that honor Antichrist?

1. Jesus believed the Old Testament was historical fact. This is very clear, even though from the Creation (cf. Genesis 2:24 and Matthew 19:4, 5) onward, much of what Jesus believed has long been under fire by critics, as being mere fiction. Some examples of historical facts:
  2. Jesus believed the books were written by the men whose names they bear:
    • Moses wrote the Pentateuch (Torah): Matthew 19:7, 8; Mark 7:10, 12:26 (‘Book of Moses’—the Torah); Luke 5:14; 16:29,31;24:27, 44 (‘Christ’s Canon’); John 1:17; 5:45, 46; 7:19; (‘The Law [Torah] was given by Moses; Grace and Truth came by Jesus Christ.’)5

• Isaiah wrote ‘both’ Isaiah’s: Mark 7:6–13; John 12:37–41 [Ed. note: Liberals claim that Isaiah 40-66 was composed after the fall of Jerusalem by another writer they call ‘Deutero-Isaiah’. The only real ‘reason’ for their claim is that a straightforward dating would mean that predictive prophecy was possible, and liberals have decreed a priori that knowledge of the future is impossible (like miracles in general). Thus these portions must have been written after the events. However, there is nothing in the text itself to hint of a different author. In fact, even the Dead Sea Isaiah Scroll was a seamless unity. But as Dr Livingston said, since Jesus affirmed the unity of Isaiah, the deutero-Isaiah theory is just not an option for anyone calling himself a follower of Christ.]

• Jonah wrote Jonah: Matthew 12:39–41

• Daniel wrote Daniel: Matthew 24:15
  3. Jesus believed the Old Testament was spoken by God Himself, or written by the Holy Spirit’s inspiration, even though the pen was held by men: Matthew 19:4, 5; 22:31, 32, 43; Mark 12:26; Luke 20:37.

4. Jesus believed Scripture was more powerful than His miracles: Luke 16:29, 31.

5. Jesus actually quoted it in overthrowing Satan! The O.T. Scriptures were the arbiter in every dispute: Matthew 4; Luke 16:29, 31.

6. Jesus quoted Scripture as the basis for his own teaching. His ethics were the same as what we find already written in Scripture: Matthew 7:12; 19:18, 19; 22:40; Mark 7:9, 13; 10:19; 12:24, 29–31; Luke 18:20.

7. Jesus warned against replacing it with something else, or adding or subtracting from it. The Jewish leaders in His day had added to it with their Oral Traditions: Matthew 5:17; 15:1–9; 22:29; (cf. 5:43, 44); Mark. 7:1–12. (Destroying faith in the Bible as God’s Word will open the door today to a ‘new’ Tradition.)

8. Jesus will judge all men in the last day, as Messiah and King, on the basis of His infallible Word committed to writing by fallible men, guided by the infallible Holy Spirit: Matthew 25:31; John 5:22, 27; 12:48; Romans 2:16.

9. Jesus made provision for the New Testament (B’rit Hadashah) by sending the Holy Spirit (the Ruach HaKodesh). We must note that Jesus Himself never wrote one word of Scripture although He is the Word of God Himself (the living Torah in flesh and blood, see John, chapter 1). He committed the task of all writing of the Word of God to fallible men—guided by the infallible Holy Spirit. The apostles’ words had the same authority as Christ’s: Matthew 10:14, 15; Luke 10:16; John 13:20; 14:22; 15:26, 27; 16:12–14.

10. Jesus not only was not jealous of the attention men paid to the Bible (denounced as ‘bibliolatry’ by some), He reviled them for their ignorance of it: Matthew 22:29; Mark 12:24.

11. Nor did Jesus worship Scripture. He honored it—even though written by men.
Good grief. I can't believe that you are still at it. You boys are ridiculous and total drama queens. Believe what you wish. Everyone else will do the same.
You tell us to believe what we wish, then you get on here and try to tell everyone what we believe is a bunch myths and fables. You have been shown the truth. You will have no excuse when you stand before God, on Judgement Day. I pity you.

Pity me all you want. All I learned from this is that you boys don't like Episcopalians and you don't like women. I can't help you. Your "religion" is up to you. This thread was begun by Little Nipper. He was the one who chose to bring his "myths and fables" to the fore or he would not have posted an attack on Episcopalians. This little munchkin thinks that he is the thought police.
Christians should love people. What they shouldn't abide are LIES and personal ideologies dependent on personal tastes and feelings. Bible values are quite specific if one studies and prays for guidance. Episcopalians have always been a rather elitist crowd of the rich. This is why their church structures tend to be grandiose and showy. That is not a reason to shun them! However, when they tend to set the trends and influence because of their social standing, any ignorance of correct Bible teaching is dangerous!

As for women, I believe that their abilities shine bright when they assist men and not strive to compete against them. Women generally are smarter and have an innate ability for organization. Men tend to fall apart organizationally and are socially inept. Women tend to underestimate necessity and lack outward brute force. And this is where men generally are very capable and persistent.
Nailed it.

Yet they have lots of evangelical female preachers prancing around on the stage, Ie Joyce Meyers.

You guys cannot rob the rest of the world of what is sacred, no matter how hard you try. Again, you guys stick to your churches. I will stick to mine.
What is Sacred to you? Sacred to me is a state of perfection, unchangeable, precious, godly, eternal. Jesus the Messiah is very sacred to me. The holy scripture is sacred to me. I take it your Episcopalian...

Libtards are fascists and liars. It's no in their nature to leave others alone. Lysistrata, you're worm who wants to dig your way into my church, and my everything.

They also seem to fret over losing their salvation. Cannot imagine that they'd revamp the Bible though! They would go on a guilt trip!

Yep, another trait of Pentecostal clowns is hyper-arminianism. Traditionally, this had contributed the Pentecostals being very legalistic. But, in recent times, they've managed to shed legalism and embrace lawlessness.

The central heresy of The Episcopal Church

By John Becker
Special to VirtueOnline
www.virtueonline.org
Sept. 1, 2007

The central heresy of the Episcopal Church has been the idea first put forward by Jack Spong, and apparently accepted by the Episcopal establishment, that all the traditional truths of the Christian faith are negotiable. There are no doctrines governing personal behavior, or articles of religion which are applicable at all times, in all eras, for all peoples.

The revisionists believe that because of Man's supposed increase in knowledge and wisdom, we should adapt our faith to the times in which we live; and since the times in which we live are decadent times, we should accept and assist in the process of decadence. This is precisely what we are doing.

TEC has resoundingly declared its intention to stay on its revisionist course, and damn the torpedoes. It has now officially given its approval and encouragement to men who have an irresistible urge to have sex with men, and women with women. It is only a very short step away from giving the same approval to men who want to have sex with boys, and women with girls. If man/man sex is good and to be encouraged, what's wrong with man/boy sex? Or man/child sex? Or man/beast sex? Essentially anything goes in the sex department, and the prime responsibility of the church is to make sure that everyone is happy and comfortable with their sexuality.

This has all come about because Jack Spong and Louie Crew have jointly made a full frontal attack on the rudiments of the Christian faith which the House of Bishops was too weak-kneed to denounce for what it was, or to apply appropriate disciplinary action. The new religion they espoused is a perfect match for the prevailing decadence of our culture. As the revisionists boast, we have changed our faith to adapt to a new era - the era of Western decadence. The new TEC and a decadent culture fit together like hand and glove.

We are merrily slithering down a long slippery slope at the bottom of which we will be greeted by the complete collapse of our Western way of life, just in time to submit to the gathering energy and suicidal passion of the radical Muslim alternative. Like the ancient Romans, we are sitting ducks for a new generation of Barbarians.

The Africans have had the guts to call a spade a spade. They are in the frontline trenches of the great Christian/Muslim divide, while we sit in our comfortable living rooms watching a daily torrent of news stories of men abusing and murdering women and children, and the filth glorifying sex and violence billed as entertainment by Hollywood and the media. We pretend to be horrified by the Muslim mistreatment of women, and soak up a daily dose of American-style abuse of women. Sooner or later we will get what we deserve - probably sooner.

We are at a hinge point in history, and vast wheels are turning slowly. The overriding question of the century will be how do we deal with the Muslim/Christian confrontation, and we need to reexamine all our priorities, "family values" and philosophical positions in that context.

---John Becker is an Episcopalian, a parishioner and former vestryman in the Diocese of East Carolina. He was a Deputy to the 2003 General Convention in Minneapolis. He was born and educated in England, but is a U.S. citizen. He is a professional portrait painter.

By John Becker
Special to VirtueOnline
www.virtueonline.org
Sept. 1, 2007

The central heresy of the Episcopal Church has been the idea first put forward by Jack Spong, and apparently accepted by the Episcopal establishment, that all the traditional truths of the Christian faith are negotiable. There are no doctrines governing personal behavior, or articles of religion which are applicable at all times, in all eras, for all peoples.

The revisionists believe that because of Man's supposed increase in knowledge and wisdom, we should adapt our faith to the times in which we live; and since the times in which we live are decadent times, we should accept and assist in the process of decadence. This is precisely what we are doing.

TEC has resoundingly declared its intention to stay on its revisionist course, and damn the torpedoes. It has now officially given its approval and encouragement to men who have an irresistible urge to have sex with men, and women with women. It is only a very short step away from giving the same approval to men who want to have sex with boys, and women with girls. If man/man sex is good and to be encouraged, what's wrong with man/boy sex? Or man/child sex? Or man/beast sex? Essentially anything goes in the sex department, and the prime responsibility of the church is to make sure that everyone is happy and comfortable with their sexuality.

This has all come about because Jack Spong and Louie Crew have jointly made a full frontal attack on the rudiments of the Christian faith which the House of Bishops was too weak-kneed to denounce for what it was, or to apply appropriate disciplinary action. The new religion they espoused is a perfect match for the prevailing decadence of our culture. As the revisionists boast, we have changed our faith to adapt to a new era - the era of Western decadence. The new TEC and a decadent culture fit together like hand and glove.

We are merrily slithering down a long slippery slope at the bottom of which we will be greeted by the complete collapse of our Western way of life, just in time to submit to the gathering energy and suicidal passion of the radical Muslim alternative. Like the ancient Romans, we are sitting ducks for a new generation of Barbarians.

The Africans have had the guts to call a spade a spade. They are in the frontline trenches of the great Christian/Muslim divide, while we sit in our comfortable living rooms watching a daily torrent of news stories of men abusing and murdering women and children, and the filth glorifying sex and violence billed as entertainment by Hollywood and the media. We pretend to be horrified by the Muslim mistreatment of women, and soak up a daily dose of American-style abuse of women. Sooner or later we will get what we deserve - probably sooner.

We are at a hinge point in history, and vast wheels are turning slowly. The overriding question of the century will be how do we deal with the Muslim/Christian confrontation, and we need to reexamine all our priorities, "family values" and philosophical positions in that context.

---John Becker is an Episcopalian, a parishioner and former vestryman in the Diocese of East Carolina. He was a Deputy to the 2003 General Convention in Minneapolis. He was born and educated in England, but is a U.S. citizen. He is a professional portrait painter.
A perfect example of the seventh Church age. Compare the world, today, with the Church and city of Laodicea.

The Seventh Church Age

A perfect example of the seventh Church age. Compare the world, today, with the Church and city of Laodicea.

The Seventh Church Age

Liberals attack the Church from without, such as influencing the Episcopal church to refuse to use biblical language to refer to God. Satan's other helpers -- you -- attack the Church from within. As Satan's little bitch, you... wait....

Are you a Branhamite cultist, or did you just post a random article that shared your unchristian and insane eschatology, without know anything about the author? I mean shit, you're really Jim Jones f-ked up.

Libtards are fascists and liars. It's no in their nature to leave others alone. Lysistrata, you're worm who wants to dig your way into my church, and my everything.

Re-read the OP, which I did not write, and find out just who won't "leave others alone."
What gave you the idea that I would ever want to go to your church?

By John Becker
Special to VirtueOnline
www.virtueonline.org
Sept. 1, 2007

I've always loved John Shelby Spong. I once had the opportunity to thank him in person for saving Christianity for me just when I was having real misgivings about how this faith was being conducted and who its leaders were, and thought that it was moribund, dead in the water. He showed me in his writings that it was a living faith that has a future if we use our brains, and not just a game of telephone in which one parrots what some other guy in the past said it was.

By John Becker
Special to VirtueOnline
www.virtueonline.org
Sept. 1, 2007

I've always loved John Shelby Spong. I once had the opportunity to thank him in person for saving Christianity for me just when I was having real misgivings about how this faith was being conducted and who its leaders were, and thought that it was moribund, dead in the water. He showed me in his writings that it was a living faith that has a future if we use our brains, and not just a game of telephone in which one parrots what some other guy in the past said it was.
John Shelby Spong believes in absolutes.

By John Becker
Special to VirtueOnline
www.virtueonline.org
Sept. 1, 2007

John Shelby Spong believes in absolutes.

Actually. He doesn't. But what is your interest in the Episcopalian faith, anyway. Don't you have your own? What is your interest in someone else's faith?

They also seem to fret over losing their salvation. Cannot imagine that they'd revamp the Bible though! They would go on a guilt trip!

Yep, another trait of Pentecostal clowns is hyper-arminianism. Traditionally, this had contributed the Pentecostals being very legalistic. But, in recent times, they've managed to shed legalism and embrace lawlessness.

huh?

I find it bizarre that so-called Christians spend so much time criticizing each other's sects.

bizarre.

By John Becker
Special to VirtueOnline
www.virtueonline.org
Sept. 1, 2007

you have a different means of expressing your beliefs.

bizarre that you give a flying what anyone else believes. the arrogance is astounding.

Forum List

Back