Eric Adams says shoplifting is costing low-income workers their jobs as big chains start closing

"Equity".

At least he's absolutely correct about something. Shoplifting got so bad here all the major stores closed down. The only one our suburb has is Home Depot and I don't know how they stay open. Police got tired of making arrest reports of shoplifters many times they tell the criminals to go home or at best write them a summons for court. So of course they're going to shoplift.

Now when I want to do shopping other than online, I have to drive to the other side of town.

So why don't you post one story about anybody working for free yet alone 112 hours. Thanks to the Biden created labor shortage most places can't find employees to for for $18.00 to $20.00 an hour.
Hogwash. There is no shortage of highly motivated incredibly hard working people.

So why don't you post one story about anybody working for free yet alone 112 hours. Thanks to the Biden created labor shortage most places can't find employees to for for $18.00 to $20.00 an hour.

I said that is what they want, and they get it overseas, complete with tax breaks and subsidies from the U.S. govt. And there is no labor shortage; name one industry that is shut down in the U.S. because there are no workers. Companies are laying off by the thousands here. $18-$20 an hour doesn't pay the bills in the boom towns where they might pay that, Most ads here offer $11 an hour starting pay, meanwhile house buying cartels are charging high rents in the $800/mth range for one room apts. in ghettos, and utilities are gouging everyone same as every other industry. $18-$20 an hour is less than minimum wage adjusted for real inflation.

Don't worry, Biden is importing millions of criminal illegal aliens and businesses will flock to all the programs that will subsidize hiring them and the GOP will make sure those bills pass. We will be subsidizing moving chip plant to Mexico and all manner of other subsidies for foreign jobs as well. You can still gamble on stock market games and try to get lucky.

Gold in 1972: ave $38 an oz.
Gold in 2023: $2,600+oz.

Last edited:
I said that is what they want, and they get it overseas, complete with tax breaks and subsidies from the U.S. govt. And there is no labor shortage; name one industry that is shut down in the U.S. because there are no workers. Companies are laying off by the thousands here. $18-$20 an hour doesn't pay the bills in the boom towns where they might pay that, Most ads here offer $11 an hour starting pay, meanwhile house buying cartels are charging high rents in the $800/mth range for one room apts. in ghettos, and utilities are gouging everyone same as every other industry. $18-$20 an hour is less than minimum wage adjusted for real inflation.

Don't worry, Biden is importing millions of criminal illegal aliens and businesses will flock to all the programs that will subsidize hiring them and the GOP will make sure those bills pass. We will be subsidizing moving chip plant to Mexico and all manner of other subsidies for foreign jobs as well. You can still gamble on stock market games and try to get lucky.

Gold in 1972: ave $38 an oz.
Gold in 2023: $2,600+oz.

Nobody is subsidizing jobs moving anywhere. That's pure commie propaganda. Companies are allowed to write off moving expenses, and that's it. it doesn't matter if they're moving from San Francisco to Houston or from Detroit to China. They all get the same tax breaks.

A company doesn't have to shutdown to suffer a labor shortage. Being short of help and not being able to find workers defines what a labor shortage is, and there are plenty of companies particularly in the service industry that will tell you that. Go to any industrial complex today. They are littered with HELP WANTED signs. I'm a retired truck driver. Our industry is currently short 50,000 drivers companies can't find. Many are good to great paying jobs too.

If you live in a commie state, you may not be able to make it on $18.00 to $20.00 an hour, but here and in real American states, you will do just fine, especially if you're willing to work a little overtime.

Nobody is subsidizing jobs moving anywhere. That's pure commie propaganda. Companies are allowed to write off moving expenses, and that's it. it doesn't matter if they're moving from San Francisco to Houston or from Detroit to China. They all get the same tax breaks.

A company doesn't have to shutdown to suffer a labor shortage. Being short of help and not being able to find workers defines what a labor shortage is, and there are plenty of companies particularly in the service industry that will tell you that. Go to any industrial complex today. They are littered with HELP WANTED signs. I'm a retired truck driver. Our industry is currently short 50,000 drivers companies can't find. Many are good to great paying jobs too.

If you live in a commie state, you may not be able to make it on $18.00 to $20.00 an hour, but here and in real American states, you will do just fine, especially if you're willing to work a little overtime.

As long as overtime pay is included. Want extra time then at least time and a half is required.

A company doesn't have to shutdown to suffer a labor shortage. Being short of help and not being able to find workers defines what a labor shortage is, and there are plenty of companies particularly in the service industry that will tell you that. Go to any

lol rubbish. They just don't want to pay enough to attract employees, so they are going to lie and scream labor shortage; then they will get green cards and govt subsidies to pay salaries and for 'training' immigrant and illegals, and then will still claim they have a 'shortage' every year, same as they always have. There are plenty of service industry companies who so thoroughly suck to work for they have run through all the locals desperate enough to apply is more like it, and nobody can afford to move from someplace like New Orleans to work part time at some pizza joint in Manhattan for chump change. That isn't a labor shortage, that's just some dickheads who aren't really doing enough business to justify competing with companies who do on wages.

Feds have been training truck drivers for decades for trucking companies, yet they still snivel about 'driver shortages'; we all know why they can't keep drivers, even with 10 cdls for every truck in the country. What there short of is people stupid enough to live in a sleeper 365 days a year and sit around for free waiting on loads, then doing endless local trailer moves between loads for less than $5 an hour on average. Some ass clown who needs dumbasses to deliver burgers in their own vehicles for less than the cost to operate one isn't suffering a 'labor shortage' because there aren't enough morons he can sucker into those scams, same with 'subcontractors' in cleaning company scams and the rest.

There are no 'labor shortages' anywhere, never has been. Some rich guy who wants to get rich a lot faster with 10 employees instead of the 5 he has currently isn't a 'labor shortage' either. It's just some greedy whiner who doesn't want to wait for his money; if he did have them he would toss them out the door a month later when business slacked off, then cry 'shortage' again when it picked up again and they had all moved on somewhere else and won't come back. They do this idiot crap at tech companies all the time. Throw in age discrimination and other fun things corporations do to justify claims for green cards and soon yeah, you have industries that nobody will waste their own money training and educating themselves for. It's self-inflicted bullshit.

Here if you want workers to travel from west side of the metroplex where unemployment is relatively high across two counties and heavy traffic to flip burgers for 20 hours a week in low unemployment Dallas, you will have to pay a lot more than $20 an hour to attract them. That won't even cover gas and car expenses.

Last edited:
lol rubbish. They just don't want to pay enough to attract employees, so they are going to lie and scream labor shortage; then they will get green cards and govt subsidies to pay salaries and for 'training' immigrant and illegals, and then will still claim they have a 'shortage' every year, same as they always have. There are plenty of service industry companies who so thoroughly suck to work for they have run through all the locals desperate enough to apply is more like it, and nobody can afford to move from someplace like New Orleans to work part time at some pizza joint in Manhattan for chump change. That isn't a labor shortage, that's just some dickheads who aren't really doing enough business to justify competing with companies who do on wages.

Feds have been training truck drivers for decades for trucking companies, yet they still snivel about 'driver shortages'; we all know why they can't keep drivers, even with 10 cdls for every truck in the country. What there short of is people stupid enough to live in a sleeper 365 days a year and sit around for free waiting on loads, then doing endless local trailer moves between loads for less than $5 an hour on average. Some ass clown who needs dumbasses to deliver burgers in their own vehicles for less than the cost to operate one isn't suffering a 'labor shortage' because there aren't enough morons he can sucker into those scams, same with 'subcontractors' in cleaning company scams and the rest.

There are no 'labor shortages' anywhere, never has been. Some rich guy who wants to get rich a lot faster with 10 employees instead of the 5 he has currently isn't a 'labor shortage' either. It's just some greedy whiner who doesn't want to wait for his money; if he did have them he would toss them out the door a month later when business slacked off, then cry 'shortage' again when it picked up again and they had all moved on somewhere else and won't come back. They do this idiot crap at tech companies all the time. Throw in age discrimination and other fun things corporations do to justify claims for green cards and soon yeah, you have industries that nobody will waste their own money training and educating themselves for. It's self-inflicted bullshit.

Here if you want workers to travel from west side of the metroplex where unemployment is relatively high across two counties and heavy traffic to flip burgers for 20 hours a week in low unemployment Dallas, you will have to pay a lot more than $20 an hour to attract them. That won't even cover gas and car expenses.

The problem with your flawed theory is that even good paying jobs can't find workers. It's not just the burger flipping jobs.

Outside of government jobs, when has government been providing training for truck drivers? I'm a retired truck driver of 30 years in service and it's the first I ever heard of it. I've heard of student loans but I don't know if the government sponsors that or not.

Nobody is working for $5.00 an hour in any trucking job, you just make this crap up as you go along. Most companies and independents charge detent time for any load that takes over an hour to load or unload. It's not just a shortage of OTR drivers. Companies can't find drivers for local work either. UPS, FedEx, Ward, they're all looking for drivers, and the pay is in the $27.00 an hour range plus OT and good benefits.

The real problem in our country are social programs; people living off of working taxpayers instead of themselves. That's why we have a labor shortage.

The problem with your flawed theory is that even good paying jobs can't find workers. It's not just the burger flipping jobs.

Outside of government jobs, when has government been providing training for truck drivers? I'm a retired truck driver of 30 years in service and it's the first I ever heard of it. I've heard of student loans but I don't know if the government sponsors that or not.

Nobody is working for $5.00 an hour in any trucking job, you just make this crap up as you go along. Most companies and independents charge detent time for any load that takes over an hour to load or unload. It's not just a shortage of OTR drivers. Companies can't find drivers for local work either. UPS, FedEx, Ward, they're all looking for drivers, and the pay is in the $27.00 an hour range plus OT and good benefits.

The real problem in our country are social programs; people living off of working taxpayers instead of themselves. That's why we have a labor shortage.

If a young man is living at home with his parents in his 30s and working a job from home, not getting benefits, do you still have an issue with that? Nobody loses in that scenario.

If a young man is living at home with his parents in his 30s and working a job from home, not getting benefits, do you still have an issue with that? Nobody loses in that scenario.

You touched on another problem, and that is parents allowing their adult children to live at home into their 30s, 40s and beyond. In fact statistics show that more adults are living with their parents today than at any time in our history. So why work? Get a part-time job, give the parents a few hundred a month, and spend the rest of your time playing video games in the living room.

You touched on another problem, and that is parents allowing their adult children to live at home into their 30s, 40s and beyond. In fact statistics show that more adults are living with their parents today than at any time in our history. So why work? Get a part-time job, give the parents a few hundred a month, and spend the rest of your time playing video games in the living room.
You assume every young person living at home with parents isn't working full time. What about caretakers? Taking care of elderly? What is wrong with that? I know of a young man who works from his parents home where he lives. He's 35, works full time, makes good money, helps take care of his dad who has had a long term illness. You have any problems with this scenario? He's one of the best givers of our church.

It is not the job of the police to protect the capitalist and their property.
Stop taxing the business then. We all win with lower costs, and they will move on from areas that do not appreciate them. They can hire their own armed security that has a spoilage date on tolerance.

You assume every young person living at home with parents isn't working full time. What about caretakers? Taking care of elderly? What is wrong with that? I know of a young man who works from his parents home where he lives. He's 35, works full time, makes good money, helps take care of his dad who has had a long term illness. You have any problems with this scenario? He's one of the best givers of our church.

Like this is something new? Parents just started getting sick and elderly?

You can't make excuses for the obvious in what's going on. We have 10 million jobs in this country to fill and this never happened before in our history. Covid was one thing but that's far behind us now.

I never said that all people living with their parents didn't work, but I'm sure that's the case in many households. I've lived here almost 40 years, and my neighbor (around my age) hasn't had a full time job for a month straight as long as I've been here. He'd find a job now and then for a few days or weeks and then quit when he got enough drinking or dope money. His mother basically supported him until she passed away a few years ago.

So that's one problem with our labor, the other is our over generous social programs, and the biggest problem are drugs.

Let’s not forget that over 30 people were murdered in the ANTIFA BLM RIOTS after Floyd died…nearly all minorities.

These cult fucks have no sense of irony.

One criminal black guy is killed by a cop, so let’s kill 30 more!!!

Fucking scum.

"Equity".
eric-adams-says-shoplifting-is-costing-low-income-workers-their-jobs-as-big-chains-start-closing
Good --- maybe there will be more waitstaff and cooks available for restaurants. They sure have not recovered here --- big staff shortage problems everywhere except where they use illegals, the Chinese and Mexican restaurants.

Forum List

Back