Eric holder: Obama decides who's 'entitled' to second amendment rights

I hope they start looking into expanding on when a woman needs a abortion next

seems only right doesn't it? Since they are the judges and jury of us all and know what we should or shouldn't have

You haven't been paying any attention to the bills the GOP has tried to pass have you?

I'm talking about OBAMA dear...try and keep up

Why? Would you expect a conservative president to look at gun reform in the same way the President is? Why would you expect a Democratic President to approach abortion the same way a Republican President would?

Eric The Weasel stated that mentally ill people and convicted felons are among those people who are not permitted to purchase/own firearms.

Eric The Weasel stated that Obama has tasked him with the need to "expand" the list of people who should NOT be permitted to purchase/own firearms.

Sounds to ME like Obama believes he has the power to decide who should and should not be allowed to purchase/own firearms.

I agree. Other than mentally ill and convicted criminals, who else should be added to the list? I think Obama does believe that he has authority to remove 2nd amendment rights from anyone he wants.

The clinically depressed? Suicidal people? Just spit balling.

There is no way to make that legal nor is it a reason to deny a person their Constitutional right.

yep what part of the video do you think was edited? or twisting what Holder said?

What was going on before the clip starts. Holder starts in mid sentence.

Of course there was conversation before and after the clip,thats why they call them clips they are short,my concern is what came out of Holders mouth that I heard and that was claer and easy to understand.

How can you put his word into context without knowing the question he was answering?

"The presdient has asked me to look at those catogories of people and see if they need to be expanded"

I suppose you could take that as making new catagories, perhaps including more people in the ones we have...

Those are the ones
I believe the wrong people are those that "cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

So those "wrong" people should lose their rights? are those the ones that should be added to the excluded.the ones not like you?

Huh? I thought the sarcasm was laid on thick enough. Maybe not?

I knew what you were talking about
[ame=http://youtu.be/xNoJ0q6HrK8]Obama: "Small towns cling to guns or religion" - YouTube[/ame]

I agree. Other than mentally ill and convicted criminals, who else should be added to the list? I think Obama does believe that he has authority to remove 2nd amendment rights from anyone he wants.

There is no way to make that legal nor is it a reason to deny a person their Constitutional right.

Suicidal tendencies? Sorry, disagree.

Eric The Weasel stated that mentally ill people and convicted felons are among those people who are not permitted to purchase/own firearms.

Eric The Weasel stated that Obama has tasked him with the need to "expand" the list of people who should NOT be permitted to purchase/own firearms.

Sounds to ME like Obama believes he has the power to decide who should and should not be allowed to purchase/own firearms.

You support the right of a woman to kill her unwanted baby but are against suicide? That figures. Babies don't pay taxes so are of no use to your Utopia.

So you want any administration the power to just declare anyone they want as unstable and then deny them their rights? You are beyond stupid. As it stands now there IS a process for that, it requires a Judge and a legal hearing. But you would rather just let some Bureaucrat for some politician decide who does and does not get legal protection and Constitutional rights.

He said clearly that the President asked him to look at all the categories, then he said to make sure the "wrong people"... Who are the wrong people if not the mentally ill, and felons? That is where he opened up a pretty grey area. What's to prevent me from being a "wrong person" because I'm a Conservative. I have no problem with the title after hearing what was said. It's very clear that there should not be any other categories but the two that he referenced, unless someone can think of one that doesn't violate the Constitution... Good luck.

I believe the wrong people are those that "cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

As long as people aren't breaking any Laws I suspect that is their choice, where Freedom is concerned.

So you want any administration the power to just declare anyone they want as unstable and then deny them their rights? You are beyond stupid. As it stands now there IS a process for that, it requires a Judge and a legal hearing. But you would rather just let some Bureaucrat for some politician decide who does and does not get legal protection and Constitutional rights.

It would not be the Admin making the determination, it would be a doctor reporting the individual. If you've attempted suicide, you shouldn't be able to get a gun.

"The presdient has asked me to look at those catogories of people and see if they need to be expanded"

I suppose you could take that as making new catagories, perhaps including more people in the ones we have...

I'll ask again: If those categories already include felons, and the mentally ill... What other possible new categories could there be that didn't Violate the Constitution? I mean we can't tell some guy who worships snakes and has committed no crime that he has to surrender his weapons because someone else thinks it's strange, because if we start down that road, where exactly does it end?

You support the right of a woman to kill her unwanted baby but are against suicide? That figures. Babies don't pay taxes so are of no use to your Utopia.

I'm not completely against suicide. I'm for doctor assisted suicide.

I support a woman's right to choose. Don't confuse that with supporting abortion.

1ObamaFatherKnowsBest.jpg

It's not "for real" the quote in the title is an out and out lie.

I find it interesting that Obama asked Holder to expand the list of people who legally forbidden from owning a firearm.

1 - The DOJ ran the largest illegal gun running operation of the past 100 years with their Fast and Furious.

2 - This administration has used some derogatory terms to describe those who oppose their policies that are also used to describe those who are forbidden to own firearms.

Those are the ones
So those "wrong" people should lose their rights? are those the ones that should be added to the excluded.the ones not like you?

Huh? I thought the sarcasm was laid on thick enough. Maybe not?

I knew what you were talking about
[ame=http://youtu.be/xNoJ0q6HrK8]Obama: "Small towns cling to guns or religion" - YouTube[/ame]

Duh Hey in my defense you can expect anything ,thought you were taking the Obamma walk my bad.

Last edited:
I support a woman's right to choose. Don't confuse that with supporting abortion.

How can you do both? off topic but how can you support one that will result in the other??

How can you do both? off topic but how can you support one that will result in the other??

Having the right to choose does not mean you will choose. I personally do not support abortion and do not believe I would choose it for myself, but believe every woman has the right to make that choice herself.

I would rather reduce abortions through science and education. We don't have an abortion problem, we have an unwanted pregnancy problem with an abortion symptom.

Safe, legal, rare.

Forum List

Back