Europe as a whole is more violent than U.S. As a whole....even with gun restrictions....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Interesting compilation of numbers from the Ally...so if you have a problem...take your outrage over there....

Europe Vs. United States Crime Rates Extrano s Alley a gun blog

"Well, I am always pleased to be of assistance. Before I begin let me “st the stage,” starting with the fact that Europe consists of 50 countries. The following table provides the averaged crime rate for the 47 “continental” European countries, omitting Iceland, Ireland, and the United Kingdom.

The United States numbers are taken from the FBI’s 2013 Uniform Crime Report, primarly tables 1 and 1a at this link.

European numbers are taken from the 47 countries included’s official reports, and I have, or will, list post each of the major counties crime rates as I get time.

The starred (*) numbers generally do not include crimes in which a Roma or other immigrant is the victim, so the actual rate is certainly somewhat higher than those indicated.

And with the preliminaries taken care of, let’s look at the crime rates, in crimes per 100,000 population:"

And with the preliminaries taken care of, let’s look at the crime rates, in crimes per 100,000 population:

Obviously, Europe generally has higher violent and other crime rates than the United States. And, while the United States continues its 21 year decline in both violent and property crime rates:"

Europe’s numbers are grinding slowly and inexorably up.

But if belief made it so, these numbers could not be true. Because there are still those who believe “no guns makes safe.” Which is an even bigger lie than “the check is in the mail.”

Interesting compilation of numbers from the Ally...so if you have a problem...take your outrage over there....

"Well, I am always pleased to be of assistance. Before I begin let me “st the stage,” starting with the fact that Europe consists of 50 countries. The following table provides the averaged crime rate for the 47 “continental” European countries, omitting Iceland, Ireland, and the United Kingdom.

The United States numbers are taken from the FBI’s 2013 Uniform Crime Report, primarly tables 1 and 1a at this link.

European numbers are taken from the 47 countries included’s official reports, and I have, or will, list post each of the major counties crime rates as I get time.

The starred (*) numbers generally do not include crimes in which a Roma or other immigrant is the victim, so the actual rate is certainly somewhat higher than those indicated.

And with the preliminaries taken care of, let’s look at the crime rates, in crimes per 100,000 population:"

And with the preliminaries taken care of, let’s look at the crime rates, in crimes per 100,000 population:

Obviously, Europe generally has higher violent and other crime rates than the United States. And, while the United States continues its 21 year decline in both violent and property crime rates:"

But if belief made it so, these numbers could not be true. Because there are still those who believe “no guns makes safe.” Which is an even bigger lie than “the check is in the mail.”

This won't sit well with the racist.
Remember, their mantra is that all crime in the world would magically disappear if there were only white folk..

Too late, the racists have found it...smh.

This won't sit well with the racist.
Remember, their mantra is that all crime in the world would magically disappear if there were only white folk..

Too late, the racists have found it...smh.
And of course you can prove anyone on this board ever said with only whites there would be no crime, right?

If you combine the homicide rates of Europe and Africa then you'll REALLY be blown away!!!

Statistics can be used to prove anything numskulls.

What are the homicide rates compared to France? Germany? Norway? The UK?

Cherry picking statistics works both ways ... Compare Germany, France and the UK to Alabama, Vermont and Hawaii (they had the lowest murder rates in the United States in 2013).

You could also segregate the data in regards to highest murder rates and strict gun laws ... Where California and New York finish in the top three. Texas is also in the top three, but their gun laws aren't strict.

Since gun laws vary by states in the United States like with countries in Europe ... The same comparison can be made.

Edit:
Did you ever figure that the United Kingdom's murder rate (0.000152%) would be more than three times higher than Alabama's murder rate (0.000042%) in 2013?

Last edited:
If you combine the homicide rates of Europe and Africa then you'll REALLY be blown away!!!

Cherry picking statistics works both ways ... Compare Germany, France and the UK to Alabama, Vermont and Hawaii (they had the lowest murder rates in the United States in 2013).

You could also segregate the data in regards to highest murder rates and strict gun laws ... Where California and New York finish in the top three. Texas is also in the top three, but their gun laws aren't strict.

Since gun laws vary by states in the United States like with countries in Europe ... The same comparison can be made.

Edit:
Did you ever figure that the United Kingdom's murder rate (0.000152%) would be more than three times higher than Alabama's murder rate (0.000042%) in 2013?

Where are your statistics from? Because here's a site showing that Alabama has the second highest murder rate per 100,000 people in all of the U.S.

Murder Rates Nationally and By State Death Penalty Information Center

Edit:

Where are your statistics from? Because here's a site showing that Alabama has the second highest murder rate per 100,000 people in all of the U.S.

Murder Rates Nationally and By State Death Penalty Information Center

Alabama reported 2 murders in 2013 ... And has a population over 4 million.

bull U.S. homicide number of murders by state 2013 Statistic

But hey ... If we go by your data, just replace Alabama with Oregon ... And my point remains the same.

Last edited:

Like I mentioned above ... You can still compare the data you provided for three states (replace Alabama with Oregon using your data) ... And my point remains the same.

Gun laws vary by state in the United States as do gun laws in European countries. If you are going to include them all in your your comparison then all European countries can be included.

If you want to make the point more strict gun laws are a determining factor ... Then you have to address the fact states with strict gun laws often have higher murder rates than some states that don't have strict laws.

Like I mentioned above ... You can still compare the data you provided for three states (replace Alabama with Oregon using your data) ... And my point remains the same.

Gun laws vary by state in the United States as do gun laws in European countries. If you are going to include them all in your your comparison then all European countries can be included.

If you want to make the point more strict gun laws are a determining factor ... Then you have to address the fact states with strict gun laws often have higher murder rates than some states that don't have strict laws.

I just proved to you that wasn't the case. Why does Alabama have the 2nd highest murder rate? Why does the U.S. Have a higher murder rate than almost every, and possibly actually every, country in Europe?

I just proved to you that wasn't the case. Why does Alabama have the 2nd highest murder rate? Why does the U.S. Have a higher murder rate than almost every, and possibly actually every, country in Europe?

That was never the original idea behind my point and I agreed to accept your data to move forward. I understand you are more interested in Alabama than addressing the overall point.

My point was that you can cherry pick data that represents your conclusion ... You chose to reduce the data to three countries ... Not the way it was expressed in the OP. If you are going to segregate the data in regards to just the favorable comparisons (for your side of the argument) ... Then you are cherry picking.

Gun laws vary by state in the United States ... As they do by country in Europe. If you include the bad states in the US ... Then you have to include the bad countries in Europe. If you are going to suggest that strict gun laws make the difference ... Then you have to address states with strict gun laws and high murder rates.

Lol what? You can't seriously believe this.

Uh ... I already agreed the data was wrong.
Do you have any reason to believe the OP should have disregarded data from European countries other than Germany, France and the United Kingdom?

Forum List

Back