Evangelical Christians Must Pay For Trading Faith For Power, Morality Lost Forever

Republicans like to pretend they are the moral authority but the evidence shows they are the worst of two evils. Justice democrats are at least trying to salvage the democratic party from ruin.

Christians, especially evangelical christians will continue to believe their own lies long after they get their heads handed to them in the upcoming civil war.

Most people reasonable vote for the lessor of two evils (God help the shitheads who vote for a major party presidential candidate and doesn't think that person is evil). Moore was easily the lessor of two evils, therefor Christians do nothing wrong in voting for him. However, supposed Christians intimidated into letting the Democrat win, they'll answer for it in Hell.

Most people reasonable vote for the lessor of two evils (God help the shitheads who vote for a major party presidential candidate and doesn't think that person is evil). Moore was easily the lessor of two evils, therefor Christians do nothing wrong in voting for him. However, supposed Christians intimidated into letting the Democrat win, they'll answer for it in Hell.
So says your totally insane version of the Christian faith. What is so "evil" about Doug Jones? moore stalked teenage girls, disobeyed the Supreme Court, declared that female citizens should not run for public office, or, perhaps, even vote. Does Doug Jones have this sort of baggage in his background? Jones is squeaky clean in comparison.

I truly believe that evangelicals have lost sight of their mission. According to the N.T., their mission is to spread the gospel and make as many converts as they can. Their mission is NOT to try to legislate their beliefs via political activity. Consider what their misguided efforts politically has already done and will continue to do in regards to their TRUE mission:

1) In conflating their religion with far-right politics, they have alienated at least half of the population. That's 50% of potential converts lost.

2) In supporting Trump, who is the polar opposite of everything Jesus stands for, they have alienated EVERYBODY outside of their evangelical bubble. There go countless other potential converts!

3) The more political power they acquire, the more we will see that, once in power, they will prove to be every bit as corrupt as any non-Christian politician. Consider Mike Pence, who lies constantly to excuse, deny, or cover-up Trump's insane behavior. He acts like a total groveling sycophant and treats Trump as one would treat a king. Believe me, potential converts notice this kind of thing.

I am hopeful that, years from now, evangelicals will finally realize the error of their decades-long push for political power, at the expense of the Great Commission, and they will finally hit their knees in sackcloth and ashes. Too bad they are too short-sighted to see this now. I mean, the signs are all there, and everybody else sees it, but they are too consumed with their lust for power to notice the obvious.

But then again, evangelicals love to believe that they are being persecuted, and any backlash that results from their own misguided values will probably be dismissed with their typical whiny "we're being persecuted" bullshit. They are making themselves pariahs, but they are too busy pointing the finger at others to recognize that they did to themselves.

Republicans like to pretend they are the moral authority but the evidence shows they are the worst of two evils. Justice democrats are at least trying to salvage the democratic party from ruin.

Christians, especially evangelical christians will continue to believe their own lies long after they get their heads handed to them in the upcoming civil war.
We can't hold a candle to your righteous indignation. You are the new relative moral majority.

I truly believe that evangelicals have lost sight of their mission. According to the N.T., their mission is to spread the gospel and make as many converts as they can. Their mission is NOT to try to legislate their beliefs via political activity. Consider what their misguided efforts politically has already done and will continue to do in regards to their TRUE mission:

1) In conflating their religion with far-right politics, they have alienated at least half of the population. That's 50% of potential converts lost.

2) In supporting Trump, who is the polar opposite of everything Jesus stands for, they have alienated EVERYBODY outside of their evangelical bubble. There go countless other potential converts!

3) The more political power they acquire, the more we will see that, once in power, they will prove to be every bit as corrupt as any non-Christian politician. Consider Mike Pence, who lies constantly to excuse, deny, or cover-up Trump's insane behavior. He acts like a total groveling sycophant and treats Trump as one would treat a king. Believe me, potential converts notice this kind of thing.

I am hopeful that, years from now, evangelicals will finally realize the error of their decades-long push for political power, at the expense of the Great Commission, and they will finally hit their knees in sackcloth and ashes. Too bad they are too short-sighted to see this now. I mean, the signs are all there, and everybody else sees it, but they are too consumed with their lust for power to notice the obvious.

But then again, evangelicals love to believe that they are being persecuted, and any backlash that results from their own misguided values will probably be dismissed with their typical whiny "we're being persecuted" bullshit. They are making themselves pariahs, but they are too busy pointing the finger at others to recognize that they did to themselves.
Far right politics? You mean like sanctity of life? Or the concept of subsidiarity? Which far right politics are you talking about?

But putting that aside for a moment, if it is as you say it is, how come the Democrats are the ones losing ground? Seems to me the majority of people are tired of THEIR far left politics.

Churches played a significant role in politics from time of our founding through the civil war.

Who said, we have to check our values at the door when we exercise our secular rights?

If my values are sanctity of life, subsidiarity, fiscal accountability and sanctity of marriage why shouldn't they inform my vote?

Daily Kos! Next time say so that way I don't have to waste time clicking on a brain dead link.

Far right politics? You mean like sanctity of life? Or the concept of subsidiarity? Which far right politics are you talking about?

But putting that aside for a moment, if it is as you say it is, how come the Democrats are the ones losing ground? Seems to me the majority of people are tired of THEIR far left politics.

Too bad Christians don't value the great commission as much as they value the 'sanctity of life'. They've lost their first love. They've abandoned their mission in favor of worldly power. It WILL backfire.

Too bad Christians don't value the great commission as much as they value the 'sanctity of life'. They've lost their first love. They've abandoned their mission in favor of worldly power. It WILL backfire.
We are each called in our own way.

I always found the best way to be concentric circles and an obvious joy for life. Actions speak louder than words.

The evangelicals never held the position of actual moralist being that they are not totally moral in deed and spirit, thus the need for forgiveness....

I prefer the great commission of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich....Easier than living up to tenants that are impossible to keep....

Interesting profile picture there..I've seen it before being displayed by murderous, anti-christian communist thugs. Communist Party of Germany - Wikipedia

communists.jpg

"the KPD's headquarters from 1926 to 1933. The Antifaschistische Aktion (a.k.a. "Antifa") logo can be seen prominently displayed on the front of the building."

By Bundesarchiv, B 145 Bild-P046279 / Weinrother, Carl / CC-BY-SA 3.0, CC BY-SA 3.0 de, File:Bundesarchiv B 145 Bild-P046279, Berlin, Liebknecht-Haus am Bülowplatz.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

Forum List

Back