🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Evangelicals explain their support for Trump. It's the racism that stands out.

This is a really good read for all those of us who absolutely cannot grasp how people who call themselves people of faith have embraced an obviously unchristian man.
Most of it seems to be a reaction to Obama, and the lies they chose to believe about him. Which - I mean, that's not really any surprise.
What is going to be a surprise is when they get turned away at the pearly gates.
Always quite humorous when atheist liberals like you try to lecture Christian people about their faith and how they should practice it. ... :cuckoo: ... :lol: :lol:
-------------------------------------------- that is the funniest thing about these lefties and then the simple fact that they think of themselves as Christian Sunni .

The Christian faith is not aligned with politics. People who follow the religions that make up what is known as "Christianity" hold views that are all over the political spectrum. Being a Christian is by no means synonymous with being a "conservative" or a right-winger. Apples and oranges. There is no equation there. In fact, all of our presidential candidates have been Christian in every election in my lifetime. Last time around, I voted for the Methodist.
--------------------------------------------------------- and by the way but i think that it is the ONE Christian Religion that is made up of Many Denominations within the ONE Religion of Christianity . If i am correct its just a small point but i just wanted to CORRECT you and to get yer feedback Lysis . :afro:

There is no "one religion" of Christianity. "Christianity" is made up of a variety of different religions. A southern baptist is NOT an Episcopalian, a Methodist, a Lutheran, a Quaker. Southern baptists have their own religion. Like I said before, I voted for the Methodist. I am not Methodist, BTW.

This is a really good read for all those of us who absolutely cannot grasp how people who call themselves people of faith have embraced an obviously unchristian man.
Most of it seems to be a reaction to Obama, and the lies they chose to believe about him. Which - I mean, that's not really any surprise.
What is going to be a surprise is when they get turned away at the pearly gates.
Always quite humorous when atheist liberals like you try to lecture Christian people about their faith and how they should practice it. ... :cuckoo: ... :lol: :lol:
-------------------------------------------- that is the funniest thing about these lefties and then the simple fact that they think of themselves as Christian Sunni .

The Christian faith is not aligned with politics. People who follow the religions that make up what is known as "Christianity" hold views that are all over the political spectrum. Being a Christian is by no means synonymous with being a "conservative" or a right-winger. Apples and oranges. There is no equation there. In fact, all of our presidential candidates have been Christian in every election in my lifetime. Last time around, I voted for the Methodist.
--------------------------------------------------------- and by the way but i think that it is the ONE Christian Religion that is made up of Many Denominations within the ONE Religion of Christianity . If i am correct its just a small point but i just wanted to CORRECT you and to get yer feedback Lysis . :afro:

There is no "one religion" of Christianity. "Christianity" is made up of a variety of different religions. A southern baptist is NOT an Episcopalian, a Methodist, a Lutheran, a Quaker. Southern baptists have their own religion. Like I said before, I voted for the Methodist. I am not Methodist, BTW.

i find it amusing when one sect says another sect aren't true christians. some think roman catholics are a cult who think the mormons are a cult & they all think the church of scientology are freaks...

Denominations are not religions and you are talking about DENOMINATIONS as far as i am aware . Christian Denominations are all under the Christin religion as far as i am aware Lysis . Baptists are a Denomination within Christianity same as Lutherans and Methodist as far as i am aware Lysis .

and many of the things that YOU modern so called or claimed 'kristians' or lefty 'kristians' advocate are not legitimate Christian practices or lifestyles except in your own minds Lysis .
Several of our Presidents have been atheists including our current one
--------------------------------------- yeah , maybe , course i was just responding to Lysis posted claim in post 440 that all Presidents were Christian and i didn't think of that athiest possibility RWinger . All Presidents were perceived to be Christian or were at least Westerners except for one 'prezident' so thanks for the mention of possible 'athiests' in the Presidential woodpile RWinger .
Anyone running for President has to at least pretend to be Christian

We are not prepared to elect a non-Christian or atheist at this time

Recent Presidents who have been atheists include Trump, Obama, Clinton, Reagan and Nixon

i find it amusing when one sect says another sect aren't true christians. some think roman catholics are a cult who think the mormons are a cult & they all think the church of scientology are freaks...

Scientology has nothing to do with Christianity, it's more a hippy dippy new wave thing with Sci fi stuff added.

Judgment Days

In a small Alabama town, an evangelical congregation reckons with God, President Trump and the meaning of morality

A few leaders have publicly dissented from such views, aware of the Southern Baptist history of whiffing on the big moral questions of the day — such as during the civil rights era, when most pastors either defended segregation or remained silent. The president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s ethics commission, Russell Moore, asked whether Christians were “really ready to trade unity with our black and brown brothers and sisters for this angry politician?” One prominent black pastor, Lawrence Ware, left the denomination altogether, writing that the widespread reluctance to criticize Trump on racial issues revealed a “deep commitment to white supremacy.” The new president of the Southern Baptist Convention, J.D. Greear, said church culture had “grown too comfortable with power and the dangers that power brings.”

But all those discussions were taking place far from the rank-and-file. The Southern Baptists who filled the pews every Sunday were making their own moral calculations about Trump in the privacy of a thousand church sanctuaries in cities and towns such as Luverne, population 2,700, an hour south of the state capital of Montgomery.

It was a place where it was hard to drive a mile in any direction without passing some church or sign about the wages of sin, where conversations about politics happened in nodding circles before Sunday school, or at the Chicken Shack after, and few people paid attention to some national Southern Baptist leader.

You should run with this through field and over hill and across vale, and see how effective an armor it proves against the wearer's own internalized sea of thorns. Upon arrival at those empyreal gates, the shame for being human might instead consume the accuser, who in rushing across the terrain of life, arrived tattersall welted and unclothed, unlike the believer who chose to walk the journey, and arrived there with every stitch of his burnoose in place.

Scientology has nothing to do with Christianity, it's more a hippy dippy new wave thing with Sci fi stuff added.

they actually mix jesus in there somewhere. & so do the mormons... who believe in getting their own planet..

Don't even know (or care) who "the Methodist" was. :dunno:

It continues to baffle me that Wikipedia commonly (though with rare notable exceptions) for some reason lists "religion" under vital facts of politicians. It has no bearing on anything, yet there's Wiki pretending it does. It seems more like an imprimatur saying "it's OK, this one follows the approved Abrahamic path".

I can recall the big deal being made about JFK being Catholic -- which I never would have known (or cared) had the fake issue not been raised, and the purported reasoning behind it was just bizzaro.

they actually mix jesus in there somewhere. & so do the mormons... who believe in getting their own planet..

Barely.

"Scientology's upper-level materials tout the concept of Jesus as God as being a fiction that ought to be removed by 'auditing'".[6]

Judgment Days

In a small Alabama town, an evangelical congregation reckons with God, President Trump and the meaning of morality

Donald Trump seems the farthest any person with Christian values would support

Yup! A big part of why I left the church was hateful people such as these (both in the article, and on this board). The fact that they can make excuses for all the hatred and ugliness just helps me to understand - there is no God. He's just a bludgeon they use to try to get their way.

Disgusting gits.
So good to know I'm an Agnostic so I can associate you with a multitude of hypocrites who bludgeon those you despise with your sanctimonious providence.

30 years with the Assembly of a God you reject...

Tell me, hypocrite...

When were you taught in this "Assembly of God" to despise those you disagree with?

When were you taught to ridicule and insult those who have a different view that fails to align with your ideology?

Did you just go to this "Assembly of God" to wear those fine clothes you purchased to "Proove" your superiority, then go home and reject you Religion, and live a different life?

Regale me with your "Superiority!"
Uh Oh....someone's feeling a little persecuted.
Persecuted?

I have no Cross to bear...

No guilt...

No animosity...

You...

Like Witchit...

Are pulling a ball and chain and fail to realize this burden is of your own design.
Sure....as you carry on as if you believe you are persecuted. Be the Martyr then.

and many of the things that YOU modern so called or claimed 'kristians' or lefty 'kristians' advocate are not legitimate Christian practices or lifestyles except in your own minds Lysis .
--------------------------------------- yeah , maybe , course i was just responding to Lysis posted claim in post 440 that all Presidents were Christian and i didn't think of that athiest possibility RWinger . All Presidents were perceived to be Christian or were at least Westerners except for one 'prezident' so thanks for the mention of possible 'athiests' in the Presidential woodpile RWinger .

Recent Presidents who have been atheists include Trump, Obama, Clinton, Reagan and Nixon
------------------------------------------------- Americans are not prepared to elect a non Christian knowingly and thats a good thing at least in my opinion so Thank GOD . Course one nonChristian did sneak through fairly recently because of the votes of dummies , dems , liberals and inclusive type dummies and 'rinos' RWinger .

It continues to baffle me that Wikipedia commonly (though with rare notable exceptions) for some reason lists "religion" under vital facts of politicians. It has no bearing on anything, yet there's Wiki pretending it does. It seems more like an imprimatur saying "it's OK, this one follows the approved Abrahamic path".

I can recall the big deal being made about JFK being Catholic -- which I never would have known (or cared) had the fake issue not been raised, and the purported reasoning behind it was just bizzaro.
-------------------------------------- 'jfk' in the 1960s was a 'papist' simply by being a devout Catholic . Heck in 1960 even i at 9 years of age knew that Catholics hold the 'pope' in high regard and are probably influenced by the 'popes' reasoning and Commands . Heck , i think that the 'pope' is Gods voice on earth as far as devout Catholic are concerned . I think that the 'pope' is known as 'the vicar of Christ' Pogo .

-------------------------------------- 'jfk' in the 1960s was a 'papist' simply by being a devout Catholic . Heck in 1960 even i at 9 years of age knew that Catholics hold the 'pope' in high regard and are probably influenced by the 'popes' reasoning and Commands . Heck , i think that the 'pope' is Gods voice on earth as far as devout Catholic are concerned . I think that the 'pope' is known as 'the vicar of Christ' Pogo .

Thank you for illustrating exactly what I meant by "bizzaro". Saves me the work.

I suppose this wackadoodle shit comes from the same ignorance about Mormons or Muslims or whoever. We were Catholic and knew this base of reasoning was bizzaro even in 1960.

That was the first time I ever heard of that wacko shit. Came to learn later that it had been going on over a hundred years, championed by the Klan and the Know Nothing Party.

Bigotry is some weird-ass shit. It's like the bigot doesn't even WANT to know any better.

Last edited:

------------------------------------------------- Americans are not prepared to elect a non Christian knowingly and thats a good thing at least in my opinion so Thank GOD . Course one nonChristian did sneak through fairly recently because of the votes of dummies , dems , liberals and inclusive type dummies and 'rinos' RWinger .
No President who professed to be anything else but Christian has ever been elected

Yet, JFK never pushed catholic doctrine while he was Senator or President

Proved his critics wrong

Denominations are not religions and you are talking about DENOMINATIONS as far as i am aware . Christian Denominations are all under the Christin religion as far as i am aware Lysis . Baptists are a Denomination within Christianity same as Lutherans and Methodist as far as i am aware Lysis .

Denominations ARE different religions.This is why the different groups within Christianity need to differentiate themselves. No more "I'm Christian" because this is meaningless;

Yet, JFK never pushed catholic doctrine while he was Senator or President

Proved his critics wrong
------------------------------------------ He was a 'papist' , you never know when he'll start listening to the 'pope' if he had lived RWinger and Pogo .

crying gif.gif

Forum List

Back