Even more left lunacy

Do you enjoy spreading misinformation?

Did Margaret Sanger believe African-Americans

Are you suggesting that Sanger was not a racist? They all were at that time, even Darwin thought Blacks were racially inferior dolt.

As for abortion, it is playing eugenics. In fact, eugenics was the on the cutting edge of science until Hitler gave it a bad flavor

How many quotes would you like me to provide? You did nothing to debunk the quote I gave nor its source.

You somehow miss out on abortion being a woman's choice

A choice? So is trying to shoot down the entire GOP Congerss.

So what is your point?
Wow, that went right over your head... Your post is trying to attack the left and planned parenthood for promoting abortions for racial cleansing, which is plain silly when in fact they are simply promoting easier/affordable access and a womens right to choose for herself. But now you pivot to attack the women who choose to abort? Come on man, get it straight.

From wiki, who also lists Sanger as a eugenicist.

Margaret Sanger - Wikiquote

Here are some Sanger quotes

• It seems to me from my experience where I have been in North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Texas, that while the colored Negroes have great respect for white doctors they can get closer to their own members and more or less lay their cards on the table which means their ignorance, superstitions and doubts. They do not do this with the white people and if we can train the Negro doctor at the Clinic he can go among them with enthusiasm and with knowledge, which, I believe, will have far-reaching results among the colored people. His work in my opinion should be entirely with the Negro profession and the nurses, hospital, social workers, as well as the County’s white doctors. His success will depend upon his personality and his training by us.
  • The ministers work is also important and he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.
    • Commenting on the 'Negro Project' in a letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble, December 10, 1939. - Sanger manuscripts, Sophia Smith Collection, Smith College, Northampton, Massachusetts. Also described in Linda Gordon's Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America. New York: Grossman Publishers, 1976.
    • (Note: There is a different date circulated, e.g. Oct. 19, 1939; but Dec. 10 is the correct date of Mrs. Sanger's letter to Mr. Gamble.)
  • The third group [of society] are those irresponsible and reckless ones having little regard for the consequences of their acts, or whose religious scruples prevent their exercising control over their numbers. Many of this group are diseased, feeble-minded, and are of the pauper element dependent upon the normal and fit members of society for their support. There is no doubt in the minds of all thinking people that the procreation of this group should be stopped.
Sanger was trying to create a master race long before Hitler. And if you don't think Sanger had racist leanings, as everyone did in the scientific community at that time, they you simply are ignorant of history. Therefore, the "negro", as Sanger called them, were targets

For some reason....conservatives keep posting those Sanger quotes thinking they help make their case
In the first one, Sanger points out that blacks are more comfortable discussing their ailments with a black doctor
In the second quote, Sanger is attempting to stop the false rumors that contraception is a plan to keep blacks from breeding
In the third, Sanger voices the same position that conservatives keep telling us....those who can't afford more children should not be having them

Margaret Sanger was a pioneer discussing the merits of birth control at a time when it could get you arrested

Canadian government official says abortion is ‘only a tool to end poverty’

A member of the Canadian government has come out and said a good way to end poverty is through abortion. I think the left wingers are on to something here. If you kill off all the poor folk, then you end poverty.

Pure genius. I guess I can no longer use the term "Dim".

Well, I guess you've never heard of a cycle of poverty.

It's funny how

abortion-distribution-map.jpg

Mississippi is number one for poverty related to household income. 44th for abortion
New Mexico next, 28th
Louisiana next, 44th
Alabama next 23rd
Kentucky net 48th
Arkansas next at 32nd

You're basically look at abortion lower in many states which have a lot of poverty. Hmmm.

You've got it all wrong. For the most part, the poor don't have the abortions, abortions cost money, the poor benefit by having babies because it gets them more government money! Look at California with all those illegals. Only one had an abortion? Most abortions are by young girls with unwanted pregnancies and working people who get pregnant and can't afford to have the kid because they are too busy working to pay taxes to support the poor. The one thing your map shows is that the liberals aren't having any kids!

Lies.

A survey showed that about 74% of women who have abortions, their main reason was money.

Reasons U.S. Women Have Abortions: Quantitative and Qualitative Perspectives

So you agree with me.

Are you suggesting that Sanger was not a racist? They all were at that time, even Darwin thought Blacks were racially inferior dolt.

As for abortion, it is playing eugenics. In fact, eugenics was the on the cutting edge of science until Hitler gave it a bad flavor

How many quotes would you like me to provide? You did nothing to debunk the quote I gave nor its source.

So what is your point?
Wow, that went right over your head... Your post is trying to attack the left and planned parenthood for promoting abortions for racial cleansing, which is plain silly when in fact they are simply promoting easier/affordable access and a womens right to choose for herself. But now you pivot to attack the women who choose to abort? Come on man, get it straight.

• It seems to me from my experience where I have been in North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Texas, that while the colored Negroes have great respect for white doctors they can get closer to their own members and more or less lay their cards on the table which means their ignorance, superstitions and doubts. They do not do this with the white people and if we can train the Negro doctor at the Clinic he can go among them with enthusiasm and with knowledge, which, I believe, will have far-reaching results among the colored people. His work in my opinion should be entirely with the Negro profession and the nurses, hospital, social workers, as well as the County’s white doctors. His success will depend upon his personality and his training by us.
  • The ministers work is also important and he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.
    • Commenting on the 'Negro Project' in a letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble, December 10, 1939. - Sanger manuscripts, Sophia Smith Collection, Smith College, Northampton, Massachusetts. Also described in Linda Gordon's Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America. New York: Grossman Publishers, 1976.
    • (Note: There is a different date circulated, e.g. Oct. 19, 1939; but Dec. 10 is the correct date of Mrs. Sanger's letter to Mr. Gamble.)
  • The third group [of society] are those irresponsible and reckless ones having little regard for the consequences of their acts, or whose religious scruples prevent their exercising control over their numbers. Many of this group are diseased, feeble-minded, and are of the pauper element dependent upon the normal and fit members of society for their support. There is no doubt in the minds of all thinking people that the procreation of this group should be stopped.
Sanger was trying to create a master race long before Hitler. And if you don't think Sanger had racist leanings, as everyone did in the scientific community at that time, they you simply are ignorant of history. Therefore, the "negro", as Sanger called them, were targets

For some reason....conservatives keep posting those Sanger quotes thinking they help make their case
In the first one, Sanger points out that blacks are more comfortable discussing their ailments with a black doctor
In the second quote, Sanger is attempting to stop the false rumors that contraception is a plan to keep blacks from breeding
In the third, Sanger voices the same position that conservatives keep telling us....those who can't afford more children should not be having them

Margaret Sanger was a pioneer discussing the merits of birth control at a time when it could get you arrested

I suppose that is one way to interpret the quote, but what about Sanger saying she wants to rid society of the "feeble"?

Darwin also had such leanings as he wrote this in one of his books.

With savages, the weak in body or mind are soon eliminated; and those that survive commonly exhibit a vigorous state of health. We civilised men, on the other hand, do our utmost to check the process of elimination; we build asylums for the imbecile, the maimed, and the sick; we institute poor-laws; and our medical men exert their utmost skill to save the life of every one to the last moment. There is reason to believe that vaccination has preserved thousands, who from a weak constitution would formerly have succumbed to small-pox. Thus the weak members of civilised societies propagate their kind. No one who has attended to the breeding of domestic animals will doubt that this must be highly injurious to the race of man. It is surprising how soon a want of care, or care wrongly directed, leads to the degeneration of a domestic race; but excepting in the case of man himself, hardly any one is so ignorant as to allow his worst animals to breed.

The aid which we feel impelled to give to the helpless is mainly an incidental result of the instinct of sympathy, which was originally acquired as part of the social instincts, but subsequently rendered, in the manner previously indicated, more tender and more widely diffused. Nor could we check our sympathy, if so urged by hard reason, without deterioration in the noblest part of our nature. The surgeon may harden himself whilst performing an operation, for he knows that he is acting for the good of his patient; but if we were intentionally to neglect the weak and helpless, it could only be for a contingent benefit, with a certain and great present evil.

So here we see Darwin admit that humans will benefit if we selectively breed animals. That way we will only have the strong ones to be used for our benefit as well as their own benefit. But then he gets squeamish over the final solution as to how to get rid of the feeble in humanity, who according to his world view, is simply a glorified ape. So instead of saying we should kill them all or prevent them from breeding, he mentions that we have sympathy and that not having sympathy for the rights of those who impair our gene pool is "evil". That's right everyone, the secular humanist scientist that is praised by secular humanists around the world say not pursing human eugenic policies based upon science by killing them or preventing them from breeding is "evil".

Of course, Hitler thought such sympathy and talk of good and bad was stupid as he simply based his actions on the science of the day, cuz we all know that science always supersedes all else and never lies.

Last edited:

A member of the Canadian government has come out and said a good way to end poverty is through abortion. I think the left wingers are on to something here. If you kill off all the poor folk, then you end poverty.

Well, I guess you've never heard of a cycle of poverty.

It's funny how

abortion-distribution-map.jpg

Mississippi is number one for poverty related to household income. 44th for abortion
New Mexico next, 28th
Louisiana next, 44th
Alabama next 23rd
Kentucky net 48th
Arkansas next at 32nd

You're basically look at abortion lower in many states which have a lot of poverty. Hmmm.

You've got it all wrong. For the most part, the poor don't have the abortions, abortions cost money, the poor benefit by having babies because it gets them more government money! Look at California with all those illegals. Only one had an abortion? Most abortions are by young girls with unwanted pregnancies and working people who get pregnant and can't afford to have the kid because they are too busy working to pay taxes to support the poor. The one thing your map shows is that the liberals aren't having any kids!

Lies.

A survey showed that about 74% of women who have abortions, their main reason was money.

Reasons U.S. Women Have Abortions: Quantitative and Qualitative Perspectives

So you agree with me.

The poor far outweigh the rich in terms of abortion numbers.

Also, most minorities are poor.

Was this the intent the whole time? If so, do you think Sanger has improved our gene pool?

Who here thinks Sanger held Darwin in high esteem? I think most would say she did.

Here is what Darwin thought of blacks.

At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace the savage races throughout the world. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes... will no doubt be exterminated. The break between man and his nearest allies will then be wider, for it will intervene in a more civilised state, as we may hope, even than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as baboon, instead of as now between the negro or Australian and the gorilla

So what is your point?

I suppose that is one way to interpret the quote, but what about Sanger saying she wants to rid society of the "feeble"?

With savages, the weak in body or mind are soon eliminated; and those that survive commonly exhibit a vigorous state of health. We civilised men, on the other hand, do our utmost to check the process of elimination; we build asylums for the imbecile, the maimed, and the sick; we institute poor-laws; and our medical men exert their utmost skill to save the life of every one to the last moment. There is reason to believe that vaccination has preserved thousands, who from a weak constitution would formerly have succumbed to small-pox. Thus the weak members of civilised societies propagate their kind. No one who has attended to the breeding of domestic animals will doubt that this must be highly injurious to the race of man. It is surprising how soon a want of care, or care wrongly directed, leads to the degeneration of a domestic race; but excepting in the case of man himself, hardly any one is so ignorant as to allow his worst animals to breed.

The aid which we feel impelled to give to the helpless is mainly an incidental result of the instinct of sympathy, which was originally acquired as part of the social instincts, but subsequently rendered, in the manner previously indicated, more tender and more widely diffused. Nor could we check our sympathy, if so urged by hard reason, without deterioration in the noblest part of our nature. The surgeon may harden himself whilst performing an operation, for he knows that he is acting for the good of his patient; but if we were intentionally to neglect the weak and helpless, it could only be for a contingent benefit, with a certain and great present evil.

So here we see Darwin admit that humans will benefit if we selectively breed animals. That way we will only have the strong ones to be used for our benefit as well as their own benefit. But then he gets squeamish over the final solution as to how to get rid of the feeble in humanity, who according to his world view, is simply a glorified ape. So instead of saying we should kill them all or prevent them from breeding, he mentions that we have sympathy and that not having sympathy for the rights of those who impair our gene pool is "evil". That's right everyone, the secular humanist scientist that is praised by secular humanists around the world say not pursing human eugenic policies based upon science by killing them or preventing them from breeding is "evil".

Of course, Hitler thought such sympathy and talk of good and bad was stupid as he simply based his actions on the science of the day, cuz we all know that science always supersedes all else and never lies.

I fail to see where she says she wants to get rid of those who she considers "feeble"

What she is proposing is providing a means (contraception) that will help them to voluntarily not have children that they can't support

Today considered a conservative value

Who here thinks Sanger held Darwin in high esteem? I think most would say she did.

At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace the savage races throughout the world. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes... will no doubt be exterminated. The break between man and his nearest allies will then be wider, for it will intervene in a more civilised state, as we may hope, even than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as baboon, instead of as now between the negro or Australian and the gorilla

People had odd ideas about race in the 1800s. Some countries even allowed slavery
Imagine that

People had odd ideas about race in the 1800s. Some countries even allowed slavery
Imagine that

Here is what your Prog god Woodrow Wilson had to say during Sangers life time

1. “The white men were roused by a mere instinct of self-preservation—until at last there had sprung into existence a great Ku Klux Klan, a veritable empire of the South, to protect the Southern country.”

Hell, blacks could not even play with whites in baseball, and you expect me to believe that Sanger rose above it all?

LMAO!

So what is your point?

I fail to see where she says she wants to get rid of those who she considers "feeble"

What she is proposing is providing a means (contraception) that will help them to voluntarily not have children that they can't support

Can't you read?

The third group [of society] are those irresponsible and reckless ones having little regard for the consequences of their acts, or whose religious scruples prevent their exercising control over their numbers. Many of this group are diseased, feeble-minded, and are of the pauper element dependent upon the normal and fit members of society for their support. There is no doubt in the minds of all thinking people that the procreation of this group should be stopped.

So The Left is saying Jesus was wrong?

"The Poor You will have with you, ALWAYS"!

No, no, Jesus was really a socialist don't ya know.

Just listen to the Pope condemn Trump for building a wall and give sermons about the evils of global warming while ignoring the millions of unborn children being slaughtered around the world, especially when it is Catholic doctrine that such killing is murder.

Shrug, I reckon that is why they also stayed largely silent during the Holocaust. It's all about self preservation in an evil world.

Imagine that

1. “The white men were roused by a mere instinct of self-preservation—until at last there had sprung into existence a great Ku Klux Klan, a veritable empire of the South, to protect the Southern country.”

Hell, blacks could not even play with whites in baseball, and you expect me to believe that Sanger rose above it all?

LMAO!

Damn...we were a racist society back then
Jim Crow would go on for another fifty years

Didn't see many conservatives of the day protesting it

Can't you read?

The third group [of society] are those irresponsible and reckless ones having little regard for the consequences of their acts, or whose religious scruples prevent their exercising control over their numbers. Many of this group are diseased, feeble-minded, and are of the pauper element dependent upon the normal and fit members of society for their support. There is no doubt in the minds of all thinking people that the procreation of this group should be stopped.

Shit...I hear the same crap coming from USMB conservatives every day
Gotta do something about the poor people and all the children they keep having
Sanger would have made a great conservative wouldn't she?

Imagine that

LMAO!

The country was divided over slavery. I'm sorry, who fought to free the slaves again?

Imagine that

LMAO!

The country was divided over slavery. I'm sorry, who fought to free the slaves again?
The north

Do you believe that the poor aren't having enough children?
Do you believe killing those children is the solution?

i see we have a supporter here

--LOL

I believe in responsible family planning which for the last 45 years has included abortion

But it is a solution, the final solution.

I believe in responsible family planning which for the last 45 years has included abortion

To be fair, you also believe in the birth fairy who waves her magic wand over the unborn child as it exits the womb, thus turning it into a human being.

1280px-Fairy_With_Wand.svg.png

Forum List

Back