Even MSNBC now admitting Prosecution case against KYLE RITTENHOUSE is "FALLING APART" (video)

The standard that has been taught to me by every self-defense, martial arts and personal protection instructor, proponent and adherent I’ve met over the last 30 years.

The first tenant is that it’s always best to avoid a fight. Never start one or go looking for one. Never place yourself unnecessarily in a place where there is likely to be an outbreak of violence.

The second is to use common sense BEFORE (and during) self-defense.

Those are just the beginning , but they’re enough for now. Kyle violated both of those very simple and basic tenants for self-defense. So did many others that evening, but Jyle is the only one who shot anyone in Kenosha, WI that night.
So what's the "common sense" approach when someone is about to beat you with their skateboard?

The police refused to enforce the law, so that excuse doesn't pass muster. When government doesn't do its job, then citizens have to do it.

The United States of American came from a violent conflict. Nazism was ended by a violent conflict, so that theory is obviously wrong.

A true warrior defends himself. That's what Rittenhouse did. Your post isn't "common sense."
Apparently we have no basis for continued discussion on this topic. In almost 30 years carrying a weapon of one type or another I’ve only had two moments where I thought I might seriously need to use it. Thankfully in both situations, calmer and smarter heads prevailed. I’m not looking to ever find myself in a third such situation.

On the other hand it would seem that you are itching for a fight. I avoid people like that; so I will be ignoring you going forward.

So what's the "common sense" approach when someone is about to beat you with their skateboard?
How about… Not being somewhere that you didn’t need to be; especially if there are people there going around swinging skateboards at other people. AVOIDANCE is always the first (and best) way to handle these situations.

Apparently we have no basis for continued discussion on this topic. In almost 30 years carrying a weapon of one type or another I’ve only had two moments where I thought I might seriously need to use it. Thankfully in both situations, calmer and smarter heads prevailed. I’m not looking to ever find myself in a third such situation.

On the other hand it would seem that you are itching for a fight. I avoid people like that; so I will be ignoring you going forward.
I have no problem with people killing thugs who are trying to kill them. You're experience doesn't prove a thing,

How about… Not being somewhere that you didn’t need to be; especially if there are people there going around swinging skateboards at other people. AVOIDANCE is always the first (and best) way to handle these situations.
That's good advice for the thugs who tried to kill Rittenhouse, not for law abiding citizens. The Jews who were shipped off to Auschwitz followed your advice,

I don’t qualify as a hyperventilating Liveral, but I’ve been very vocal that I don’t believe Kyle acted appropriately that night. I’m not talking from a LEGAL but from a MORAL standard. Legally, he probably meets the standard for self-defense. Morally and ethically I do not believe he does. Definitely not by the standards that I have been taught and come to embrace over the last three decades
If going from a "Moral Standard" then you have to apply the standard evenly and across the board.
If it's better to lie than to tell the truth and cause the death of people...then there's a problem with the logic you are using.

The same moral standard must be applied to those who incited the riots and the political leaders who allowed the incitement and encouraged the rioting.

So when ordinary citizens (who are the ones who set up leaders) are forced to behave in the fashion they feel they must to have a continuation of their communities and for people not to lose their entire life's work...

Kyle's actions are much more reasonable and understandable. He was forced into using the tools he had available to him which are remarkably more crude than the ones available to the government.

No it's not going to provide a better outcome...but Kyle's actions are a lot more moral than the Government's in this instance.

Kyle's actions are much more reasonable and understandable. He was forced into using the tools he had available to him which are remarkably more crude than the ones available to the government.
You MIGHT have an argument if Kyle was a Kenosha resident. More so if he was a property owner and tax payer.

You MIGHT have an argument IF Kyle was of legal age to possess, and more so if he was the owner of the gun he used. Even more so if he wasn’t openly carrying (something I consider to be a provocative act).

Jyle Rittenhouse was neither. He’s a resident of an adjacent state. He came without training or certification to do “security” work. He illegally possessed a semi-automatic rifle and openly carried it. At one point he was apparently in possession of body armor. He moved beyond the area he was supposedly working “Security” for.

Pretty much everything he did, from leaving his hone to the moment he pulled the trigger is antithetical to what I have been taught and come to believe to be proper self-defense philosophy.

You MIGHT have an argument if Kyle was a Kenosha resident. More so if he was a property owner and tax payer.

You MIGHT have an argument IF Kyle was of legal age to possess, and more so if he was the owner of the gun he used. Even more so if he wasn’t openly carrying (something I consider to be a provocative act).

Jyle Rittenhouse was neither. He’s a resident of an adjacent state. He came without training or certification to do “security” work. He illegally possessed a semi-automatic rifle and openly carried it. At one point he was apparently in possession of body armor. He moved beyond the area he was supposedly working “Security” for.

Pretty much everything he did, from leaving his hone to the moment he pulled the trigger is antithetical to what I have been taught and come to believe to be proper self-defense philosophy.
Many people did significantly worse during the BLM riots all summer long, behaving like savages and killing in cold blood. Yet for some reason, the country is more alarmed at a white teenager defending himself from a felon ready to kill him.

I wasn't able to watch the trial Thursday or Friday.

Has the judge made a call on the mistrial request? Or has he said when he will make a decision?

Let's not forget that cult leader, then DNC nominee for President, Joey Xiden, couldn't help but jump into the case, and fan the flames of division, and lies, but calling this kid a white supremacist....

If Flatulent *Joe had a son he would look like skateboard kid.

His sleeping residence might have been across state lines but his job and friends and father were all Kenosha residents...Kyle was very much a part of this community....he was there every single day. His mother likely lived in Illinois just for financial reasons.

And finally...the judge has ruled that Kyle WAS LEGALLY in possession of the firearm...he is using the Defense team's explanation of the laws in Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Leftists think that a ring tone and Chinese food can get the judge removed and a new trial. Sadly they demanded it of the Illinois legislature when the trial is in Wisconsin.

Now that the trial is over the best part is ahead. The prosecution loses and the net pundits run around explaining how the judge was wrong.

The leftists want judges that hate America. Like Garland.

His sleeping residence might have been across state lines
That’s the only thing that matters. What’s the address on your State issued ID/License. Where you hang out is your own business.

I spent 2 years at a college in Rhode Island. My residence never changed from my parent’s home In Connecticut.

That’s the only thing that matters. What’s the address on your State issued ID/License. Where you hang out is your own business.

I spent 2 years at a college in Rhode Island. My residence never changed from my parent’s home In Connecticut.
Now you are shifting subjects and perspectives...

We were speaking about morals.
Not legalities.

But the Father of Kyle was in Kenosha...less than 15 minutes away from his mother's house. Probably joint custody like most 17 year olds in divorced households.

So this argument of yours is not sustainable or even reasonable. Try again.

And college is a unique period for students...and has no bearing on this as school during this pandemic is all remote...just like Kyle was doing remote learning from his school.

If going from a "Moral Standard" then you have to apply the standard evenly and across the board.
If it's better to lie than to tell the truth and cause the death of people...then there's a problem with the logic you are using.

The same moral standard must be applied to those who incited the riots and the political leaders who allowed the incitement and encouraged the rioting.

So when ordinary citizens (who are the ones who set up leaders) are forced to behave in the fashion they feel they must to have a continuation of their communities and for people not to lose their entire life's work...

No it's not going to provide a better outcome...but Kyle's actions are a lot more moral than the Government's in this instance.
Kyle did nothing but put out fires and give aid to people. Of course, that's exactly what pissed off those thugs.

Forum List

Back