Ever wonder why Mormon houses of "worship"

So this is christianity

That clip is from a film titled The God makers; which is widely criticized even by other professional Mormon-bashers for its gross dishonesty.

My wife actually credits The God Makers for ultimately helping send her in the direction of investigating and joining the Mormon church. It's the sort of over-the-top propaganda piece that the most weak-minded might take at face value, but more intelligent people are often led to wonder what it is about the subject of such propaganda that provokes such an attack. In my wife's case, once she was led in that direction, and really looked into the church, instead of the bizarre, sinister crap depicted in The God Makers, she found the truth for which she had been searching.

My wife's story is not uncommon, and I've heard it claimed that The God makers ends up being one of the best missionary tools we have.

The video has the straight goods. It is honest, forthright, and every claim made in the movie is easily found in Mormon narrative history and in Mormon scriptures.

Those who deny need to be asked, "What are you hiding?"

Thanks, Guno.

So this is christianity

That clip is from a film titled The God makers; which is widely criticized even by other professional Mormon-bashers for its gross dishonesty.

My wife actually credits The God Makers for ultimately helping send her in the direction of investigating and joining the Mormon church. It's the sort of over-the-top propaganda piece that the most weak-minded might take at face value, but more intelligent people are often led to wonder what it is about the subject of such propaganda that provokes such an attack. In my wife's case, once she was led in that direction, and really looked into the church, instead of the bizarre, sinister crap depicted in The God Makers, she found the truth for which she had been searching.

My wife's story is not uncommon, and I've heard it claimed that The God makers ends up being one of the best missionary tools we have.

The video has the straight goods. It is honest, forthright, and every claim made in the movie is easily found in Mormon narrative history and in Mormon scriptures.

Thanks, Guno.

Interesting they have secret ceremonies that they say they cannot talk about , Why is that? you can walk into any church , mosque or synagogue and what you see is what you get , no two tier religion, one for the public meetings and one for secret stuff, just what are they trying to hide . I understand a lot of christians stayed home instead of voting for mitt because they don't consider Mormons as christians

So this is christianity

Thanks, Guno.

Interesting they have secret ceremonies that they say they cannot talk about , Why is that? you can walk into any church , mosque or synagogue and what you see is what you get , no two tier religion, one for the public meetings and one for secret stuff, just what are they trying to hide . I understand a lot of christians stayed home instead of voting for mitt because they don't consider Mormons as christians
The reply is that the ceremonies are sacred more than secret. I know honorable men and women would have nothing to do with creepy stuff, so I am sure they are not sacrificing animals or children or having orgies in them. [caveat: Warren Jeffs is pretty creepy but he is FLDS, not LDS, Mormon]

I have an acquaintance posting "When the Temple hurts" series addressing the issue of families who are split into those who attend those who don't.

When the Temple Hurts (series) | Feminist Mormon Housewives

Last edited:

Forum List

Back