Every one of you likely did something outrageous at the age of 16 or 17.

I assume this is about the SC nominee?

Is there a police report? Was there a LEO investigating it?

If not, I say there is no “there” there and acquiesce to the OP’s general point of it being a youthful indiscretion.

I’m much more troubled by the embargo on his record with the Bush administration than I am by this (at this time).

So you want to expose every communication that went on in the white house during the Bush years?
And here's the thing.
This info has nothing to do with Kavanaugh.
They werent his words or rulings.

"I worked in President Bush’s White House with three staff secretaries: Harriet Miers, Mr. Kavanaugh and Raul Yanes. In that position, they reviewed virtually every document the president saw and kept copies as required by the Presidential Records Act of 1978.

More important, the staff secretary was responsible for circulating documents to as many as a score of administration officials—drafts of memos, statements, speeches, schedules, briefing books, proclamations and scripts. The staff secretary would then serve as an impartial judge by reviewing and reconciling the comments on the documents. He would ensure that they were accurate, concise, clear, thorough and timely, giving the best possible expression to the views of the president’s advisers."

The entire professional record should be scrutinized. Embargoing portions of the record is done for one of two reasons; it’s either embarrassing or it’s national security. It certainly isn’t the latter.

Oh bullshit!
They have nothing to do with Kavanaugh.
Can you not read? He didnt write any of the info you clowns want during his tenure at the white house. It was all incoming and outgoing correspondence with the white house.

The entire professional record should be scrutinized. If there is nothing to hide…hide nothing.

None of it has anything to do with Kavanaugh.
They aren't his words or writings so why would you need to see them?
The stuff is confidential correspondence that went in and out of the white and will never be revealed and dems know it.
Nothing more than another stall tactic that will fail.

I assume this is about the SC nominee?

Is there a police report? Was there a LEO investigating it?

If not, I say there is no “there” there and acquiesce to the OP’s general point of it being a youthful indiscretion.

I’m much more troubled by the embargo on his record with the Bush administration than I am by this (at this time).

So you want to expose every communication that went on in the white house during the Bush years?
And here's the thing.

"I worked in President Bush’s White House with three staff secretaries: Harriet Miers, Mr. Kavanaugh and Raul Yanes. In that position, they reviewed virtually every document the president saw and kept copies as required by the Presidential Records Act of 1978.

More important, the staff secretary was responsible for circulating documents to as many as a score of administration officials—drafts of memos, statements, speeches, schedules, briefing books, proclamations and scripts. The staff secretary would then serve as an impartial judge by reviewing and reconciling the comments on the documents. He would ensure that they were accurate, concise, clear, thorough and timely, giving the best possible expression to the views of the president’s advisers."

The entire professional record should be scrutinized. Embargoing portions of the record is done for one of two reasons; it’s either embarrassing or it’s national security. It certainly isn’t the latter.

Oh bullshit!
Can you not read? He didnt write any of the info you clowns want during his tenure at the white house. It was all incoming and outgoing correspondence with the white house.

The entire professional record should be scrutinized. If there is nothing to hide…hide nothing.

The stuff is confidential correspondence that went in and out of the white and will never be revealed and dems know it.

The entire professional record should be scrutinized.

And here's the thing.

Oh bullshit!

The entire professional record should be scrutinized.

Another failed stall tactic.

She recounted the experience in couples therapy in 2012 in which she cites a 'prominant federal judge. She has the notes from that therapy session. She also has witnesses that she cited Kavanaugh specifically. Years before these hearings.
So what. If it wasn’t traumatic enough to warrant police involvement in 1983, I don’t think it is traumatic enough to warrant Senatorial consideration in 2018.

This wasn't something that was made up for the hearings. And 'its all political' doesn't work in 2012 when Kavanaugh was already a federal judge and there were no hearings.
Fair point.

Most sexual assaults go unreported. That hers was unreported is unremarkable.

It also makes the so-called assault unremarkable. Again whatever happened wasn’t serious enough to warrant involvement by the po po in 1983. Sorry but that is the litmus test.

That assumes that seriousness is what defines whether or not a woman contacts the police after a sexual assault. As many survivors of rape will tell you, its fear and shame that largely define that choice. Fear of not being believed or being attacked. And as this thread demonstrates elegantly, that's a well founded fear.

And the event was clearly serious enough for her that she was bringing it up in therapy decades after it occurred. Here's her account:

"While his friend watched, she said, Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed on her back and groped her over her clothes, grinding his body against hers and clumsily attempting to pull off her one-piece bathing suit and the clothing she wore over it. When she tried to scream, she said, he put his hand over her mouth.

“I thought he might inadvertently kill me,” said Ford, now a 51-year-old research psychologist in northern California. “He was trying to attack me and remove my clothing.”

Ford said she was able to escape when Kavanaugh’s friend and classmate at Georgetown Preparatory School, Mark Judge, jumped on top of them, sending all three tumbling. She said she ran from the room, briefly locked herself in a bathroom and then fled the house."

That sounds very serious. And she should have the opportunity to share her experience with Congress publicly. I also believe that both Kavanaugh and Judge should have the opportunity to share their version of events with Congress publicly.

It does not seem ALL THAT SERIOUS to me-------I do not believe that
her life was in danger.......two men against a girl--------if they WANTED TO
RAPE HER------they would have. The "mark judge jumped on them---
sending ALL THREE TUMBLING....." does not quite make sense to me----
she was "pinned on the bed and a ANOTHER GUY JUMPED ---on them ---
and AT THAT POINT she "got away" ----I would like to know what Mark Judge
has to say about it-------was he saving her or participating? He just "watched"
for a while and then decided to "JOIN" ? or "SAVE"? The story does not
make a whole lot of sense. ---------anyone have an erection?----exposed?
The whole thing could have been play (sorta) Who is Mark Judge?

The boys were stumbling drunk in account. And she managed to briefly escape to lock herself in a bathroom when the second boy jumped on top of both of them.

That account sounds plausible. And given that she shared it with her therapist in 2012, there's no plausible political motivation for her account.

Discounting that Kav's (1.) mother was the Judge in her parents bankruptcy. (2) Judge wrote a book about being a recovering drunk in 1997, easy to involve reverse engineering (3.) She can't even remember where the assault even happened.

Naive or incredible gullible?

She recounted the experience in couples therapy in 2012 in which she cites a 'prominant federal judge. She has the notes from that therapy session. She also has witnesses that she cited Kavanaugh specifically. Years before these hearings.
So what. If it wasn’t traumatic enough to warrant police involvement in 1983, I don’t think it is traumatic enough to warrant Senatorial consideration in 2018.

This wasn't something that was made up for the hearings. And 'its all political' doesn't work in 2012 when Kavanaugh was already a federal judge and there were no hearings.
Fair point.

It also makes the so-called assault unremarkable. Again whatever happened wasn’t serious enough to warrant involvement by the po po in 1983. Sorry but that is the litmus test.

That assumes that seriousness is what defines whether or not a woman contacts the police after a sexual assault. As many survivors of rape will tell you, its fear and shame that largely define that choice. Fear of not being believed or being attacked. And as this thread demonstrates elegantly, that's a well founded fear.

And the event was clearly serious enough for her that she was bringing it up in therapy decades after it occurred. Here's her account:

"While his friend watched, she said, Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed on her back and groped her over her clothes, grinding his body against hers and clumsily attempting to pull off her one-piece bathing suit and the clothing she wore over it. When she tried to scream, she said, he put his hand over her mouth.

“I thought he might inadvertently kill me,” said Ford, now a 51-year-old research psychologist in northern California. “He was trying to attack me and remove my clothing.”

Ford said she was able to escape when Kavanaugh’s friend and classmate at Georgetown Preparatory School, Mark Judge, jumped on top of them, sending all three tumbling. She said she ran from the room, briefly locked herself in a bathroom and then fled the house."

That sounds very serious. And she should have the opportunity to share her experience with Congress publicly. I also believe that both Kavanaugh and Judge should have the opportunity to share their version of events with Congress publicly.

The boys were stumbling drunk in account. And she managed to briefly escape to lock herself in a bathroom when the second boy jumped on top of both of them.

That account sounds plausible. And given that she shared it with her therapist in 2012, there's no plausible political motivation for her account.

Discounting that Kav's (1.) mother was the Judge in her parents bankruptcy. (2) Judge wrote a book about being a recovering drunk in 1997, easy to involve reverse engineering (3.) She can't even remember where the assault even happened.

the part of the whole story that is SERIOUS----is the fact that a professional
psychologist has decided NOW-----to "share" this silly non-incident with
the WORLD. I am fascinated about the bankruptcy------did the judge hand out
some sort of ADVERSE decision???????? is it revenge?

Fair point.

yeah------the account does seem sorta plausible--------there is "NO POLITICAL
MOTIVATION" for making it an issue NOW? c'mon.....

Making out at the Drive In. Age 16. She gets hot and pulls me on top of her. As things progress, she says no. I get up. Attempted rape?

40 years later after my Mother gave a less than a pleasant Judgment against her parents and I am going for a Big Job that the girl could get some revenge for her parents?

Judge: Which Drive In was it in?

Her: I don't remember

ummmmmmmm

Did you use your caveman club or not?

Fair point.

Her account was shared with her therapist in 2012. With witnesses affirming that she cited Kavanaugh as her attacker years before Kavanaugh's hearing.

What would be her political motivation in 2012 when Kavanaugh was already a federal judge.....and then only shared with her therapist?

Except no evidence shows anyone tried to forcibly rape anyone.

Even if he testimony is true, the best you have is he, while drunk, tried to hook up with a girl and got rejected and so stopped trying
Thats not what the accusation is, Mormon.

No. It’s what the evidence shows if you believe her.

Which we have no reason to since all the other parties involved denied this ever happened, she can’t name a time or the place it allegedly occurred. And she claims she was drinking so forgive us for using our brains, bigot

We have an eye witness that claims that Kavanaugh attempted to rape her as a teenager.

Kavanaugh denies it.

Claiming there is no evidence ignores eye witness testimony of the woman who alleges the rape. Which is absolutely evidence.

Obviously you have no idea what "eye witness" means.

Then explain why women testify in their own rape trials? An eye witness is merely anyone giving a first person account.

With Ford sharing her own experiences, first hand.

"eye witness" is one who saw or observed an event.

This woman giving an account of what happened experienced, not saw or observed the event.

Witness yes, eye witness no.

Fair point.

Her account was shared with her therapist in 2012. With witnesses affirming that she cited Kavanaugh as her attacker years before Kavanaugh's hearing.

What would be her political motivation in 2012 when Kavanaugh was already a federal judge.....and then only shared with her therapist?

No one cares except radical leftist loonbat libs.

Making out at the Drive In. Age 16. She gets hot and pulls me on top of her. As things progress, she says no. I get up. Attempted rape?

40 years later after my Mother gave a less than a pleasant Judgment against her parents and I am going for a Big Job that the girl could get some revenge for her parents?

Judge: Which Drive In was it in?

Her: I don't remember

ummmmmmmm

Did you use your caveman club or not?

I never needed one. The cavewomen dug me. But if you needed one? Your problem, not mine.

Fair point.

Hey, judge roy moore didn't remember which malls he trolled.

Fair point.

Is that why you need a cave man club to get chicks?

Fair point.

Uhhh...they talked to the manager of the mall.

Fair point.

Did her therapy also bring out anal probes by Aliens?

Is that why you need a cave man club to get chicks?

You can bet he wasnt smart enough to drag em by the hair so they wouldnt fill up with dirt......:eusa_whistle:

Every one of you likely did something outrageous at the age of 16 or 17.

Did everyone of us also lie to Congress about it?

You can't lie about something that did not happen.

And how do you know it didn't happen?

Again, let her testify publicly before congress and present her evidence: her first hand, eye witness account.

Kavanaugh and Judge should absolutely have an opportunity to present their side, just as publicly, before Congress.

Im willing to believe her if her therapist testifies that she talked about it years ago.

She has the therapist notes in which she recounts the experience, citing her attacker as a prominant federal judge now. And testimony of her husband that she cited Kavanaugh specifically as her attacker.

Both years before the hearings. With the notes being from 2012.

The idea that she accused Kavanaugh for political reasons makes no sense. As when she shared the experience in couples therapy in 2012, there were no political implications. Its only now that there are.

From a women who said she can't hold a relationship with men, about a high school chum who's Mother was the Judge in her parents Bankruptcy. Oh, man, that's reliable. (again, you simply can't make this shit up)

A bankruptcy judge is not an adversarial position against one filing bankruptcy. Hell, it is the judge that is actually releasing you from your obligations. Your attempt at making it contentious is laughable. It might be believable if the parent was holding the debt of someone declaring bankruptcy in the judge's court.

According to her he did get off her and leave.
wrong. according to her, she ESCAPED

From where?
She wont name a specific location because that could actually be corroborated and thus would bust her lie.

Says you, citing you. And you're nobody.

Meanwhile, she's willing to testify before congress on the matter.

She should be heard.
She should be heard. Then promptly charged with perjury

BINGO. Yes, perjury, charged against Kavanaugh, who has now claimed twice, under oath, that this did not happen. Furthermore, he has also committed perjury concerning stolen democratic memos that he used while working in the Bush administration, the real reason those documents have been withheld. He is a LIAR, and call it Karma that his nomination gets dumped because of sexual allegations considering the questions he suggested be asked of Clinton read like a cheap pornographic novel.

Kavanaugh is a party operator, period. And there is no place on the SCOTUS for someone that puts party above principal, time and time again. It is that party faithfulness that was the reason for his nomination and it should be that party faithfulness that costs him the nomination.

Forum List

Back