Every president says a nuclear NK is not an option yet none of them stopped NK from obtaining them.

Will Trump put an end to this supposed horrible threat or is he, like every president before him, just going to give Americans lip service?

I don't see any differences other than harsher rhetoric. What's the end game here?
Ok yes, every president has failed in keeping NK from getting nuclear weapons. When people complain about this, they never say what Presidents SHOULD have done. What should Bush and Obama have done short of declaring war? Be specific. I also don’t expect Trump to be able to do anything about it either.

Yep, spot on, and it seems odd to blame our own leaders for the actions of crazy foreign governments. Another level of irony is that many of the people (on both sides of the aisle) trying to look back and blame past officials for this were the ones screaming "we're not the world police!" for the last ten years (again, on both sides of the aisle).

Will Trump put an end to this supposed horrible threat or is he, like every president before him, just going to give Americans lip service?

I don't see any differences other than harsher rhetoric. What's the end game here?
Ok yes, every president has failed in keeping NK from getting nuclear weapons. When people complain about this, they never say what Presidents SHOULD have done. What should Bush and Obama have done short of declaring war? Be specific. I also don’t expect Trump to be able to do anything about it either.
What do you mean short of declaring war? War was already declared. Now it's time to finish it. The predecessors should've bombed the hell out of NK.

What do you mean short of declaring war? War was already declared. Now it's time to finish it. The predecessors should've bombed the hell out of NK.
Bomb the hell out of NK? Does that mean just nuke it? Like as in kill 10s of million Korean civilians on the entire peninsula? Or perhaps you are actually naive to think bombing from the air with lesser weapons in a conventional war will solve everything.

It wouldn’t.

There is no way the US would have the strategic luxury of ending the regime with a series of air raids. To end the NK’s regime would require a ground assault. American troops would have to be deployed. In that scenario, the US military would be going up against a massive NK army that is highly trained for such a defensive scenario. This isn’t Iraq or Afghanistan, chief. Despite NK being an economic shithole, their military might cannot be underestimated. They would have a home field advantage that would make the war a living hell for the US military. Sure, we might win it in the end, but the cost of doing so would be astronomical.

Bomb the hell out of NK? Does that mean just nuke it? Like as in kill 10s of million Korean civilians on the entire peninsula? Or perhaps you are actually naive to think bombing from the air with lesser weapons in a conventional war will solve everything.

It wouldn’t.

There is no way the US would have the strategic luxury of ending the regime with a series of air raids. To end the NK’s regime would require a ground assault. American troops would have to be deployed. In that scenario, the US military would be going up against a massive NK army that is highly trained for such a defensive scenario. This isn’t Iraq or Afghanistan, chief. Despite NK being an economic shithole, their military might cannot be underestimated. They would have a home field advantage that would make the war a living hell for the US military. Sure, we might win it in the end, but the cost of doing so would be astronomical.
Armies can be neutralized with Napalm.
Missile sites can be removed with missiles.
Capitals can be raised to the ground by precision bomb strikes.
And dictators can be executed by drones.
This is a new millenia. Get up with the times.

It wouldn’t.

Lol I’m sure all that sounds good to you. I’m sure you like to think the US military can do no wrong when it comes to civilian casualties. You are very much wrong. That is a fairy tale. The US military is obligated to minimize civilian casualties in any war. That is why a series of air bombing isn’t an option.

Also, even if an air raid was carried out without any consideration of civilian life, it wouldn’t even be effective enough to wipe out their nuclear arsenal. It wouldn’t be hard for the regime to make their nuclear might undetectable from above.

It wouldn’t.

Lol I’m sure all that sounds good to you. I’m sure you like to think the US military can do no wrong when it comes to civilian casualties. You are very much wrong. That is a fairy tale. The US military is obligated to minimize civilian casualties in any war. That is why a series of air bombing isn’t an option.

Also, even if an air raid was carried out without any consideration of civilian life, it wouldn’t even be effective enough to wipe out their nuclear arsenal. It wouldn’t be hard for the regime to make their nuclear might undetectable from above.
If given time, sure. Don't give them time, take him out now. Or, regret it later.

It wouldn’t.

If given time, sure. Don't give them time, take him out now. Or, regret it later.
It so easy to say that isn’t? You’re safely secured in the USA while not having any consideration for the 10s of millions of Koreans and likely Japanese civilians that would be killed in a full scale war. It is such cowardly thinking.

And no, these people aren’t idiots. I guess maybe you think Asians are inferior or something but that’s bullshit. They have had decades to prepare for a possible war. They know how to secure their nuclear weapons. A US ground assault would be absolutely critical if we want to win the war.

Finally, I think you cons really don’t understand this regime. They don’t want a war. They just want to be a nuclear power to give them global leverage. They know attacking the US with any military strike would effectively end their regime. It’s all an ego trip with this country. Having nukes just makes their collective dicks bigger.

Last edited:
There is no way the US would have the strategic luxury of ending the regime with a series of air raids.

Spot on. In fact, the military came out and told us all EXACTLY THIS about three weeks ago. Come on people, pay attention.

There is no way the US would have the strategic luxury of ending the regime with a series of air raids.

Spot on. In fact, the military came out and told us all EXACTLY THIS about three weeks ago. Come on people, pay attention.
Yep, that’s exactly what I was referring to.

Something to consider...there is the issue of an irresponsible, potentially unstable regime having nuclear warheads and fissile material lying around. We are , ironically, betting on the fact that the authoritarian regime will maintain itself via the "virtue" of its own authoritarianism; and thus we are counting on the fact that the North Korean hostage state will not fail and expose this nuclear material to anyone who wins the foot race to grab it. We count on the very thing we decry (the NoKo hostage state) and which makes NoKo our fundamentally ideological, and then all otherwise enemy. And that stings. That fucking sucks. But it is so.

Clearly no state is convinced that North Korea is about to nuke anyone any time soon, else the war would have already started. So the world is forced not only to abide but coddle this disgusting, aberrative hostage state.

And, here we are. You can't make this shit up.

Last edited:

Yep, that’s exactly what I was referring to.

Something to consider...there is the issue of an irresponsible, potentially unstable regime having nuclear warheads and fissile material lying around. We are , ironically, betting on the fact that the authoritarian regime will maintain itself via the "virtue" of its own authoritarianism and thus we are counting on the fact that the North Korean hostage state will not fail and expose this nuclear material to anyone who wins the foot race to grab it.. We count on the very thing we decry (the NoKo hostage state) and which makes NoKo our fundamentally ideological, and then all otherwise enemy. And that stings. That fucking sucks. But it is so.
I think it’s important to realize, though, that NK does not want war. They know they would fight a losing battle and risk losing all that they built in their massive military. They just want to be a symbol. They want to gain leverage in geopolitics by amassing a nuclear arsenal.

I think it’s important to realize, though, that NK does not want war.

Agreed, and i will always acknowledge that to the extent of the survival of the NoKo regime, bit I will stop short of granting them any noble desire for the survival of North Korea after they are gone. And saying so does sort of color them as the hostage taker in the kindergarten class with a bomb vest. Sure, he doesn't want to die, but he'll burn the place down if he thinks he's about to die. So, we let him stay in the kindergarten class. Indefinitely.

So, while their desire for self-preservation can be useful to us, it can also be the very reason they cannot ultimately be trusted.

Agreed, and i will always acknowledge that to the extent of the survival of the NoKo regime, bit I will stop short of granting them any noble desire for the survival of North Korea after they are gone. And saying so does sort of color them as the hostage taker in the kindergarten class with a bomb vest. Sure, he doesn't want to die, but he'll burn the place down if he thinks he's about to die. So, we let him stay in the kindergarten class. Indefinitely.

So, while their desire for self-preservation can be useful to us, it can also be the very reason they cannot ultimately be trusted.
Very true. in the event of a war, they would cause massive carnage once they realized they were really losing. No civilian in the south, Japan, and even the US wouid be safe from their wrath.

Very true. in the event of a war, they would cause massive carnage once they realized they were really losing. No civilian in the south, Japan, and even the US wouid be safe from their wrath.

The solution of this problem going to be a pivotal point in the history of our species so far. Let's hope Trump is not in charge of it.

Forum List

Back