Everyone is dancing around the truth in the Sandra Bland arrest. What happened is obvious.

He had every right to ask her to put out the cigarette as has been explained many times

She didn't

A cop can ask you to get out of your car at any time and by law you have to comply

She refused to get out of the car so right then and there she was in the shit

I always love how Libertarians suddenly become Law and Order fanatics when some Darkie thinks she has rights.

It is hilarious to watch.

He asked her, she refused and that is when he ordered her out. That is why I said the court would decide. Face it you ask her to put it out, she questions him on it and then he orders her out it is no longer a request but an order.

Except when he threatened her with a taser, filed a false police report that she had assaulted him, and twisted her arm during the arrest, he committed several violations of her civil rights.

Which, yes, we would not be talking about if the girl hadn't been so traumatized by the incident she took her own life.

The Supreme Court didn't give the IRS the right to divulge private tax payer information to one side of a political campaign! They didn't give the IRS the "right" to target one political group at the behest of another who controls power in Washington! There is no excuse for what you Progressives did at the IRS, Joe! It was sleazy and against the law when Nixon tried and failed to do it back in the 70's and it was even more sleazy and more against the law when the Obama Administration SUCCEEDED in doing it now!

Uh, yeah, it did. It determined in Citizen's United that the IRS had to make the determination which groups were 'Social welfare organizations" which don't have to disclose their donors and which ones were "Political Action Committees' that do.

So pretty much, what the IRS did was conclude that anyone who called themselves "TEA PARTY" weren't rally social welfare agencies but political action committees until they proved otherwise.

Unlike, let's say, a cop pulling a person over for "Driving while black". Which is actually illegal and wrong, but still happens all the time and is what happened here.

He had every right to ask her to put out the cigarette as has been explained many times

She didn't

A cop can ask you to get out of your car at any time and by law you have to comply

She refused to get out of the car so right then and there she was in the shit

I always love how Libertarians suddenly become Law and Order fanatics when some Darkie thinks she has rights.

It is hilarious to watch.

We are not talking about the validity of the laws right now but the laws as they exist.

Just because one doesn't agree with a law does not mean one does not have to comply does it?

What a dumbass..
No body killed her,and had she just acted civilized she wouldnt have been arrested in the first place.
Stop defending people who behave badly.
I'm rather confused at the way you're so quick to surrender someone else's rights.

He probably operates under the theory, "Silly Negro, Rights are for White People!"

We are not talking about the validity of the laws right now but the laws as they exist.

Just because one doesn't agree with a law does not mean one does not have to comply does it?

So if the government passes a comprehensive gun ban, you are going to totally comply, right?

So if the government passes a comprehensive gun ban, you are going to totally comply, right?

The day the second amendment is repealed I will comply but I'm not worried about it in my lifetime

Your bad attitude is evident just when you ask, "what rule says one cannot smoke..."

When I get pulled over by a cop I look for where I can put my cig out before the cop even comes to the door. And I don't dare throw it out the window so I look for a cup since we dont' have ash trays in cars anymore. I don't want him to think I'm disrespecting him. I also don't want him to think, "if you can afford a pack a day, you can afford a ticket".

I've actually gone through this so I can actually put myself in her shoes. If she lit up after he pulled her over, she was already being a disrespectful stupid bitch, no offense. And if she was arguing with him when he asked her to put it out, she's a stupid bitch too.

So what you are saying it was okay for him to violate her rights because she was "uppity"?

Your bad attitude is evident just when you ask, "what rule says one cannot smoke..."

When I get pulled over by a cop I look for where I can put my cig out before the cop even comes to the door. And I don't dare throw it out the window so I look for a cup since we dont' have ash trays in cars anymore. I don't want him to think I'm disrespecting him. I also don't want him to think, "if you can afford a pack a day, you can afford a ticket".

I've actually gone through this so I can actually put myself in her shoes. If she lit up after he pulled her over, she was already being a disrespectful stupid bitch, no offense. And if she was arguing with him when he asked her to put it out, she's a stupid bitch too.

So what you are saying it was okay for him to violate her rights because she was "uppity"?

If "uppity" means refusing 2 lawful orders from a cop then yes

The day the second amendment is repealed I will comply but I'm not worried about it in my lifetime

This woman probably thought she had rights under the Fourth and Fifth Amendments... that were a lot more clear than your right to belong to a militia that you are never going to join.

This woman probably thought she had rights under the Fourth and Fifth Amendments... that were a lot more clear than your right to belong to a militia that you are never going to join.

There was no 4th amendment violation and the fifth refers to capital or infamous crimes not traffic stops

She was acting like a bitch and failed to follow instructions.
For a cop to tell an agitated person to put out a cigarette is just common sense,she took it as some kind of personal attack against her because she's black.
The chip on her shoulder is what got her in trouble.

Last time I checked, we didn't live in a police state where we have to worship the police.

If he can't deal with a motorist being upset about a bogus "Driving While Black" ticket, he probably shouldn't be a cop.

And he won't be... much longer. He'll be exploring new career opportunities as "Inmate #45829"

There was no 4th amendment violation and the fifth refers to capital or infamous crimes not traffic stops

The Second Amendment only refers to Militias.

See how easy that is. Rights are totally subject to "interpretation".

But he wasn't being an asshole up until the time he lost his cool.

It was a legit traffic stop up until he fucked it up

Now granted miss snarky wise ass didn't do herself any favors either

If she had just shut the fuck up and taken her ticket like a big girl she would have been allowed to drive off into the sunset

Right.

And if she hadn't been black, she wouldn't have been pulled over to start with.

Silly Darkie. Rights are for White people.

It's been noted at least a half dozen times in this thread as to why cops ask you to extinguish cigarettes.

Stop playing stupid.
Have you ever heard of a cop being assaulted with or harmed in any way by a lit cigarette? Ever? Just be sensible and adult for a moment and think about that.

If a cop has cause to arrest someone who is smoking, then there is cause to have that person put out the cigarette. Otherwise, what does a cop who is standing outside a car in which the driver (or passenger) is smoking have to fear from the cigarette? In the worst possible scenario a cigarette could be used to effect minor level of pain, but so could a kick in the groin, a gouge with fingernails, a straight punch in the nose, a thumb in the eye, a bite, or a diversionary mouthful of spit right in the face. Encinio had no cause to expect anything like that from Bland.

There is no acceptable reason for Encinio to tell Bland to put out her cigarette. Bland was intelligent enough to be well aware of why he did it and it understandably offended and angered her.
Dear God you are a fucking idiot.
Before I put you on PI the reason no one hears about cops getting burned by lite cigarettes is b/c every fucking cop in the country tells everyone they stop to immediately put out the cigarette. It's standard police practice in every police department in the country.
Now I'll take out the fucking garbage AKA you're on PI.

I don't see how you can believe that the 5th amendment requires grand juries for traffic stops

And the second amendment clearly states "The right of the people to keep and bear arms " not the right of militias

But he wasn't being an asshole up until the time he lost his cool.

It was a legit traffic stop up until he fucked it up

Now granted miss snarky wise ass didn't do herself any favors either

If she had just shut the fuck up and taken her ticket like a big girl she would have been allowed to drive off into the sunset

Right.

And if she hadn't been black, she wouldn't have been pulled over to start with.

Silly Darkie. Rights are for White people.

If she hadn't refused to comply with not one but twp lawful orders
she would have been left to drive away with a ticket

IDGAF about race and just because this particular idiot was black is naught but coincidence

Wrong. It was quite clear to anyone who cares about the truth, that Bland escalated the incident, that the cop was courteous until she became obstinate, and he responded in kind.

He did not lie about the incident. He may have lied about one aspect of it, but the whole incident is right there on the tape. What is on the tape is enough to prove that he was within proper police procedure and that what happened to her was her fault.

Guarantee you that the cop will be almost completely exonerated. Of course YOU and other left wing nutters will claim it was a farce and racially motivated. Pretty typical M.O.

No, this cop isn't going to get away with it. His own department is already throwing him under the bus.

You are right. This whole incident is on tape.

He claimed he tried to deescalate the situation- IN fact he escalated it by threatening "to pull her ass out of the car" and "I will light you up".

He claimed that she assaulted him when in fact the tape from the dashboard and the tape taken by the civilian show no such assault taking place.

He MIGHT be able to avoid criminal prosecution, but his career as a cop is done.

Sit back and watch. Get ready to weep, and practice your outrage. He will be nearly exonerated. I guarantee it.

Of course he will. There is a false wall in the garage of every police station. Behind it is a large tank and a pump...the tank contains plenty of WHITEWASH for internal "investigations"!

He's a thug and a bully, and needs to die.

High level of resistance to stress? Holy shit if being pulled over by a cop made her that angry she should have been in an institution.
Why? She wasn't dysfunctional. Just pissed off, which is not an abnormal reaction to being stopped when one is in a hurry.

And as an adult if she hasnt mastered the art of self control by now it wasnt going to happen anyway.
Everyone does not respond submissively to the imposition of authority, regardless of how justified the imposition may be. Sometimes you can be pissed off at yourself for doing what you've been stopped for, but when you're mad you're mad and everyone around you will feel the heat.

Where was she in a hurry to get to?

Only idiots antagonize cops.

When the cop says to start sucking, which knee touches the ground first?

I don't see how you can believe that the 5th amendment requires grand juries for traffic stops

And the second amendment clearly states "The right of the people to keep and bear arms " not the right of militias

It's simple: Joey is really stupid (and dishonest, and an example of absolutely pure evil), that's all.

Forum List

Back