Evolution is a False Religion not Proven Science.

there are no transitional forms absent the imagination of the evolutionist.....in reality, you only have creatures.......

Then God is a trickster because creatures like archeopteryx certainly look that way. Actually he is a lover of deceits and tricks.

there are no tricks.....unless your imagination is playing tricks on you.......

It must be my eyes are playing tricks. I look around and find abundant evidence that the universe is VERY, VERY old. I see evidence that all life evolved from a common ancestor. These are obvious contradictions of Genesis. If that is allegory what part, if any, of the Bible is literally true?

and you are raising this to convince me I am wrong about the process being random?....if the process must be either random or directed and you say it is not directed, why argue when I say you believe it's random?......

I never said it wasn't directed. How would I know that?

???....sorry, I guess I assumed it because I was arguing with people who said it wasn't and you jumped into the argument on their side.......why are you here, then?.....

The same reason you are here. In fact, I did not jump into an argument on anyone's side. I can't help what you assume.

Then God is a trickster because creatures like archeopteryx certainly look that way. Actually he is a lover of deceits and tricks.

It must be my eyes are playing tricks. I look around and find abundant evidence that the universe is VERY, VERY old. I see evidence that all life evolved from a common ancestor. These are obvious contradictions of Genesis. If that is allegory what part, if any, of the Bible is literally true?

And if God created the universe in process, what does that do to your theory?

And if God created the universe in process, what does that do to your theory?

Interesting theory but what would it mean?

God created a really vast universe and then put galaxies in every distant corner, there are billions of galaxies and each has billions of stars. Then God created beams of light from every star in every direction and stretched each of them out for billions of years so they would reach to earth. And did the same for every star in every galaxy. The galaxies close to us he turned the light a little bit red while for those far away he made their light much redder. He also made it look as if the galaxies were orbiting each other, a process that could take a billion years.

Sure God could do that but what would be the point? Most of those galaxies were too faint to be seen until 100 or so years ago.

Why create fossils of creatures that never lived and then bury them for us to find? Why go to all that trouble just to make it look like the universe is old only to tell us in Genesis that it is not?

There are few contradictions in Genesis , just misunderstandings and poor interpretations. Genesis was written for a society much more primitive than we are now. It's basically like trying to explain advanced calculus to a chimpanzee or logic to a liberal. You have to speak down to them - reach them on their level .. God created the Heavens and Earth in Six Days and rested n the Seventh - how long were those days if there was no sunrise and sunset - they weren't 24 hours - they were a indefinite time period.

so you were nervous about discussing transitional fossils and felt the need to divert?.......I understand......oh look....butterflies have wings.....bats have wings......robins have wings......one of them must be a transitional creature!........

Yes, just like gravity. Everything we see is subject to the forces of nature. Drop something and it falls to the earth. No other direction. Measure its speed and (ignoring things like air resistance) it falls at the same speed as every other object.

Great. So we should see monkeys turning into human beings every day. There should be a field of transitional life forms. Funny thing how not ONE has been found. :eusa_shifty:

Maybe you can tell us what a transitional form would look like so we'd know it when we saw it? You can describe a fossil (e.g., say a feathered animal that is clearly not a bird) or a living creature (e.g., two species that can mate but won't have viable offspring). Good luck.

This is a common complaint of those who don't understand how evolution works. The answer is that EVERY living thing is a transitional life form. I am a transitional form between my parents and my children.

Your children are still human beings. Facial features, height, weight, color of hair, color of eyes, etc. may change but they are still fully human (I would hope).

But let's take a look at your analogy for a second. You believe that humans are changing and are transitional life forms so which ones are more evolved: Jews, Blacks, Whites or Hispanics?

BINGO. The reason you hope that evolutionism is true is so you can prove that nothing in the Bible is true. Thus we can see that GISMYS has hit the nail on the head.

EVOLUTION is loved by little sin loving GOD rejecting man, it is their hope that maybe GOD is not real and they can live in their pet sins and maybe avoid final judgment day!!! DREAM ON SILLY FOOLS,DREAM ON TILL YOU FEEL THE FLAMES OF HELL, FAR,FAR TOO LATE THEN.

It really isn't any surprise because the Bible tells us that this is the case:

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
(Romans 1:19-25)

You couldn't write a more accurate script for what is taking place in the evolution movement today if you tried.

Last edited:
For the life of me, I will never understand why some Believers have such a hard time with the abandoning of Creationism in favor of Evolution.

Did not the Good Lord give us the ability to reason and to employ logic as part of our growth?

Why would He not wish us to discern for ourselves which parts of our Ancient Sacred Texts are believable and which are not?

Why would He not wish His children to question everything, in pursuit of a more perfect Knowledge, which brings us closer to Him?

Why must there be a conflict between Creationism and Evolution?

If The Deity created the Universe, then He surely created the Laws of Physics by which the Universe operates, as well as creating Time itself, and He surely set all into motion, to bring us to this state, including the process of biological evolution.

With an Eternal Spirit, what difference does a few billion years make? To such a Being, 10 or 15 billion years ago is the day before yesterday, metaphorically speaking.

What difference if that Eternal Spirit created the world in 7 days, or 4 billion years?

Time would be meaningless to such an omnipotent creative force.

So, the nomads and early civilized folk who wrote down such things got the Creation Story and that 7 Days business all wrong... so what?

What matter, if The Deity itself is held to exist, and is held in reverence, regardless of the timetable that It kept during the course of Creation.

From a certain angle, and metaphorically and philosophically speaking, there is no conflict between Creationism and Evolution... just differences of opinion on timetables and sequencing.

Or so it seems to this amateur contemplator of such things.
regular_smile.gif

Last edited:
For the life of me, I will never understand why some Believers have such a hard time with the abandoning of Creationism in favor of Evolution.

Did not the Good Lord give us the ability to reason and to employ logic as part of our growth?

Why would He not wish us to discern for ourselves which parts of our Ancient Sacred Texts are believable and which are not?

Why would He not wish His children to question everything, in pursuit of a more perfect Knowledge, which brings us closer to Him?

Why must there be a conflict between Creationism and Evolution?

If The Deity created the Universe, then He surely created the Laws of Physics by which the Universe operates, as well as creating Time itself, and He surely set all into motion, to bring us to this state, including the process of biological evolution.

With an Eternal Spirit, what difference does a few billion years make? To such a Being, 10 or 15 billion years ago is the day before yesterday, metaphorically speaking.

What difference if that Eternal Spirit created the world in 7 days, or 4 billion years?

Time would be meaningless to such an omnipotent creative force.

So, the nomads and early civilized folk who wrote down such things got the Creation Story and that 7 Days business all wrong... so what?

What matter, if The Deity itself is held to exist, and is held in reverence, regardless of the timetable that It kept during the course of Creation.

From a certain angle, and metaphorically and philosophically speaking, there is no conflict between Creationism and Evolution... just differences of opinion on timetables and sequencing.

Or so it seems to this amateur contemplator of such things.
regular_smile.gif

Because you must not have read the post I made right before yours which explains exactly why.

Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
(Genesis 3:1)

Why does the Religious Right continue to drag their knuckles through the argument over evolution? I have a theory: arrogance.

Arrogance concerning the human being as animal. We humans are mammals. We are subject to the same evolutionary forces as every other life form of our planet. The Religious Right cannot accept the fact that they themselves are animals. they cling to the myth of Genesis that tells them that humans were created separately from animals.

This myth not only assures the believers that humans are distinctly NOT animals, but appeared full formed as we are today.

My question is, if we accept science as a means to understand the natural world, and we have been successful at that understanding, why would we want to revert to the mythology of the Genesis tale? To put it another way, who are you going to believe: 21 century scientific method or the musings of a Bronze Age philosopher?

Incidentally, evolution does not, nor does it seek to refute God. It does, however, refute the mythology of Genesis. All cultures have developed some form of mythology about the origins of mankind. Why would Genesis be the only credible myth?

The Bible is a book of beautiful poetry, soul soothing spirituality, history, war, sex violence, parable and divinity. What the Bible is not is a science textbook.

We classify mankind as an animal, train up little children in schools to believe that they are no different from animals and then wonder "why are they acting like animals?"

New school prayer

Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.
If Scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.
Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.
For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all
In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.
We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.
We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
It's 'inappropriate' to teach right from wrong,
We're taught that such 'judgments' do not belong.
We can act like monkeys out of control,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd.
It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot;
My soul please take!
~ Amen
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Evolution is a scientifically established fact. No scientist is questioning that it is real. The various arguments are not about if it is happening but how it is happening. You may as well deny the existence of gravity because no one can say for sure how it works.

Unfortunately, it's a theory - not a fact - It's the Theory of Evolution - untill someonme invents a Time Machine it will remain a theory. It's a theory that I somewhat agree with - however it has alot of holes in it .

One primary hole being the absense of intermediate species or transitional fossils with the geological evidence.

Transitional fossils are the remains of those creatures which should be found ‘in-between’ one kind of creature and another kind. For example, evolutionists have long sought the ‘missing link’ between ape and human—some sort of half human/half ape intermediate form. None has ever been found, though many candidates have come and gone. Amplified, no doubt, by the lure of prestige, fame and fortune, the desire to discover such a fossil has led some even to fabricate evidence, such as with the famous Piltdown Man hoax. In that case, though the perpetrator has never been definitively identified, a human skull was ‘planted’ with an ape’s jaw which was crudely ‘doctored’. The result fooled the world for decades into thinking this was proof of human evolution.

And your comment re:Gravity - uh sorry to burst your bubble - but Gravity is a fact , and uh yes but I'm sorry they do understand how it works......You must be a Liberal - Right ?

I urge you to publish...a Nobel Prize awaits.

...Because you must not have read the post I made right before yours which explains exactly why...
So, it's an all-or-nothing sort of deal with you?

Either ALL of The Bible is true, or we start down a slippery slope where even more of it may be proven to be untrue?

Did I interpret that correctly?

Maybe you can tell us what a transitional form would look like so we'd know it when we saw it? You can describe a fossil (e.g., say a feathered animal that is clearly not a bird) or a living creature (e.g., two species that can mate but won't have viable offspring). Good luck.

Maybe you can explain the transitional steps between a monkey and a man?

No hoaxes please.:eusa_hand:

And while you are at it, perhaps you can explain how the giraffe evolved.

Evolution is a scientifically established fact. No scientist is questioning that it is real. The various arguments are not about if it is happening but how it is happening. You may as well deny the existence of gravity because no one can say for sure how it works.

Unfortunately, it's a theory - not a fact - It's the Theory of Evolution - untill someonme invents a Time Machine it will remain a theory. It's a theory that I somewhat agree with - however it has alot of holes in it .

One primary hole being the absense of intermediate species or transitional fossils with the geological evidence.

Transitional fossils are the remains of those creatures which should be found ‘in-between’ one kind of creature and another kind. For example, evolutionists have long sought the ‘missing link’ between ape and human—some sort of half human/half ape intermediate form. None has ever been found, though many candidates have come and gone. Amplified, no doubt, by the lure of prestige, fame and fortune, the desire to discover such a fossil has led some even to fabricate evidence, such as with the famous Piltdown Man hoax. In that case, though the perpetrator has never been definitively identified, a human skull was ‘planted’ with an ape’s jaw which was crudely ‘doctored’. The result fooled the world for decades into thinking this was proof of human evolution.

And your comment re:Gravity - uh sorry to burst your bubble - but Gravity is a fact , and uh yes but I'm sorry they do understand how it works......You must be a Liberal - Right ?

I urge you to publish...a Nobel Prize awaits.

Ya Think ?? - well if Al Gore can get a Nobel - for that half baked BS power point presentation on climate change ......

Why does the Religious Right continue to drag their knuckles through the argument over evolution? I have a theory: arrogance.

Arrogance concerning the human being as animal. We humans are mammals. We are subject to the same evolutionary forces as every other life form of our planet. The Religious Right cannot accept the fact that they themselves are animals. they cling to the myth of Genesis that tells them that humans were created separately from animals.

This myth not only assures the believers that humans are distinctly NOT animals, but appeared full formed as we are today.

My question is, if we accept science as a means to understand the natural world, and we have been successful at that understanding, why would we want to revert to the mythology of the Genesis tale? To put it another way, who are you going to believe: 21 century scientific method or the musings of a Bronze Age philosopher?

Incidentally, evolution does not, nor does it seek to refute God. It does, however, refute the mythology of Genesis. All cultures have developed some form of mythology about the origins of mankind. Why would Genesis be the only credible myth?

The Bible is a book of beautiful poetry, soul soothing spirituality, history, war, sex violence, parable and divinity. What the Bible is not is a science textbook.

We classify mankind as an animal, train up little children in schools to believe that they are no different from animals and then wonder "why are they acting like animals?"

New school prayer

Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.
If Scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.
Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.
For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all
In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.
We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.
We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
It's 'inappropriate' to teach right from wrong,
We're taught that such 'judgments' do not belong.
We can act like monkeys out of control,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd.
It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot;
My soul please take!
~ Amen
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Okay. No argument from you. That's okay. Stop praying in my school and I'll stop thinking in your church.

Forum List

Back