Evolution is a False Religion not Proven Science.

Can you eliminate the possibility/probability that the Bible was simply a set of stories that were made up by human storytellers?

to the extent to which I am prepared to believe it true?.....of course......its called a faith choice....

So you can eliminate that possibility by a leap of faith, but not by rational argument.

as you have....the difference is you pretend your leap is based on a rational argument, even though you cannot state it or demonstrate it.....

are you going on record as claiming the reproductive system is evidence of evolution?.....please bear in mind that argument has been raised before on this forum (actually, within the last few weeks)......if so, and assuming the adult is a homo sapiens, what is the species of the zygote it "evolved" from......and how long is the period of evolution in that instance.....is it all of the nine months, or is it just the first 48 hours?......

You wanted a fact from which you could deduce that evolution involved single cells becoming more complex to eventually become humans.

yes....I did.....and you gave me reproduction instead of evolution......now do you have something that proves what I asked for.....

Ok, so you're against evolution, so did all the animals... and humans just pop into being fully formed? Or another way? :dunno:

????.....from the existence of DNA you conclude that single celled organisms are proven to have evolved into human beings?.....how so?.....do you believe there had to be a change in the DNA between the first single celled creature and a creature capable of reproduction on a multicellular level (hint: such a change was in fact necessary).......how many levels of complexity were necessary to result in that change?........could that many levels of complexity have ever occurred in a single generation......if they could not, how did a third generation ever occur?.....

We're talking billions of years. A lot of things can happen and we're just beginning to piece together the whole story.

odd....someone was just telling us it was the culmination of 200 years of accumulated wisdom.....and someone else just told me the proof was simple.....wait, that was you!........

The story may not be complete, but the 200 years of wisdom points in one direction and it isn't towards creationism. How about giving us some irrefutable evidence that it's true instead confirming my contention once again that you'll only denigrate my position because you have no real evidence of your own?

You wanted a fact from which you could deduce that evolution involved single cells becoming more complex to eventually become humans.

yes....I did.....and you gave me reproduction instead of evolution......now do you have something that proves what I asked for.....

Ok, so you're against evolution, so did all the animals... and humans just pop into being fully formed? Or another way? :dunno:
I'm not against evolution....I am against ignorance.....that is why I'm arguing with people here about evolution instead of arguing with evolution.....

We're talking billions of years. A lot of things can happen and we're just beginning to piece together the whole story.

odd....someone was just telling us it was the culmination of 200 years of accumulated wisdom.....and someone else just told me the proof was simple.....wait, that was you!........

The story may not be complete, but the 200 years of wisdom points in one direction

you see, the unavoidable problem is that 200 years of ignorance is not 200 years of wisdom.....I admit my position is a faith choice.....why won't you?......

I'm not against evolution....I am against ignorance.....that is why I'm arguing with people here about evolution instead of arguing with evolution.....

So you agree actually about the single cell evolving to a multi-cell organism? if not, how then did multis come about?

to the extent to which I am prepared to believe it true?.....of course......its called a faith choice....

So you can eliminate that possibility by a leap of faith, but not by rational argument.

as you have....the difference is you pretend your leap is based on a rational argument, even though you cannot state it or demonstrate it.....

It's been stated and demonstrated repeatedly. Your contention is a lie to cover up the fact that you have not and cannot show that creationism is true.

The story may not be complete, but the 200 years of wisdom points in one direction

you see, the unavoidable problem is that 200 years of ignorance is not 200 years of wisdom.....I admit my position is a faith choice.....why won't you?......

Science by definition cannot be based on faith.

So you agree actually about the single cell evolving to a multi-cell organism? if not, how then did multis come about?

no, I do not believe multicelled organisms evolved from single celled organisms.....I believe multicelled organisms were caused.....

It's been stated and demonstrated repeatedly. Your contention is a lie to cover up the fact that you have not and cannot show that creationism is true.

do you believe the existence of an amphibious creature PROVES that a whale used to be a creature similar to an alligator?......

???...no one has said it was.....science is the observation, organization, and testing of physical data......what you believe about the origins of human beings is your faith choice.....

???...no one has said it was.....science is the observation, organization, and testing of physical data......what you believe about the origins of human beings is your faith choice.....

Like I just said, I believe what science has to say because science can't be based on faith, only facts.

The is no dogmatic, religious faith required to study the biology of life on the planet. Human ancestry is a rather complete history. Here's a hint: it goes back much further than 6,000 years.

“Science adjusts it’s understanding based on what’s observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.” – Tim Minchin

There is a truth and reality independent of our desires. Faith simply reinforces your belief in what you would like to be true, rather than what really is.

Faith isn’t a virtue; it is the glorification of voluntary ignorance.

The notion that you think there's ignorance on my part is offensive. You're just employing rhetorical double-talk. You take it as a given that you aren't the ignorant one when, like you say about evolution, "that hasn't been determined yet".

The notion that you think there's ignorance on my part is offensive. You're just employing rhetorical double-talk. You take it as a given that you aren't the ignorant one when, like you say about evolution, "that hasn't been determined yet".

From the looks of things, the scientists are probably the ones I would go with. The truth is atheists intelligence is off the charts. We are more evolved than they are. Think about it. Two brains. One can be fooled into believing a fairy tale and the other can not.

Imagine what the rich politicians, corporations and churches do with people that easily manipulated.

Sure religion does some good but not nearly enough. God is a complete failure. Failed with adam, failed with mosus, failed with Noah, we failed with Jesus and we're failing according to scripture because he's coming back again for sure. The Jews fight the Arabs and we fight the arabs and Russians. All you can do is SAVE YOURSELF and others. Get others to convert. And we need money. God needs money bad. Please send more money so we can spread the word amen. God it is so easy when you control the media too.

The story may not be complete, but the 200 years of wisdom points in one direction and it isn't towards creationism. How about giving us some irrefutable evidence that it's true instead confirming my contention once again that you'll only denigrate my position because you have no real evidence of your own?

I think it's pretty well understood at this point that every society has their "creation" stories and that those stories are not to be taken literally. We have science that tells us a much better more factual history of man and religion we can already see is evolving/preparing itself for the day its going to have to change its stories. In the future Jesus and Ghandi will be taught as equals. Both great men but nothing more.

God knows if/when the middle east will ever give up Mohammad. That'll be 1000 years after we wake up. We may have to fight a wholly war with them someday whether we believe or not.

You asked for a starting point of fact as to how single celled organisms could evolve into multi-celled organisms.

The starting point for that is to prove that single cells are capable of becoming multi-celled. Reproduction is one example that proves it.

So what is your next requirement for proof that evolution is possible? Proof of mutation?

Forum List

Back