Exactly Why the Democrats Go Down in Flames in 2014

[

I see you keep evading the part where you should have read your policy. If you had any questions, you should have consulted with your company HR dept.
Instead, you just assumed you had unlimited coverage for every unimaginable injury or illness. Newsflash, such policies are very rare. These are catastrophic care coverage.
The mandates are not unlimited either.
As a matter of fact, one of the ideas the GOP presented during the Obamacare negotiations was for this type coverage. The democrats refused to even consider it.

It shouldn't be my job to ready my policy.

If we aren't going to have universal health care like every other civilized country, then the onus is on the insurance companies to do what they say, not on the rest of us to be on the lookout for how they are going to cheat us.

[

I see you keep evading the part where you should have read your policy. If you had any questions, you should have consulted with your company HR dept.
Instead, you just assumed you had unlimited coverage for every unimaginable injury or illness. Newsflash, such policies are very rare. These are catastrophic care coverage.
As a matter of fact, one of the ideas the GOP presented during the Obamacare negotiations was for this type coverage. The democrats refused to even consider it.

If we aren't going to have universal health care like every other civilized country, then the onus is on the insurance companies to do what they say, not on the rest of us to be on the lookout for how they are going to cheat us.

read this: Obamacare only covers 60%.......

how 'civilized' is that....? when they send you the bill for the 40% remaining who are you going to blame then....?

[

how 'civilized' is that....? when they send you the bill for the 40% remaining who are you going to blame then....?

I think you are confused if you think there's a policy called "ObamaCare", but I don't have time to re-educate you.

I think you are confused if you think there's a policy called "ObamaCare", but I don't have time to re-educate you.

of course there's a policy called Obamacare......and you get to choose between the Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum plans....

The Dems are pulling away on ACA, foreign policy, nominations, immigration, you name it.

By the end of January, the GOP will realize the USS TeaPot has sailed and sunk.

About damn time.

The Dems are pulling away on ACA, foreign policy, nominations, immigration, you name it.

About damn time.

Dems are pulling away?

Last time I heard subject-specific numbers the news was about how the Dem advantage had disappeared in most areas and had shrunk where it still existed.

About damn time.

Dems are pulling away?

Last time I heard subject-specific numbers the news was about how the Dem advantage had disappeared in most areas and had shrunk where it still existed.

by 'pulling away' he really means they're letting go and running away.....from the sinking ship they put the big hole in...:lol:

About damn time.

Why is everything you say like this? Completely factually wrong and almost the exact opposite of the actual reality. You have an amazing gift. :eusa_shifty:

About damn time.

Pulling away. As in running away from, not running away with. It's all hands to battle stations, time for the USS Tea Pot to go on the offensive.

Wow, you guys are delusional.

Most employer programs ALREADY meet the mandate. This is kind of what you don't get, is that unilke individual plans, the pools for employers are large enough to spread the risk around.

Now, yeah, here's the number you keep taking out of context that every year, the old plans are cancelled and they have to come up with new plans that are usually 90% the same as the old one.

I think what you guys are a bit confused about is that there is a plan called "ObamaCare" that is actually paying out money. There really isn't. It's just an expansion and mandates on existing plans.

Most employer policies already meet the requirements? Ok prove it. Second, it doesn't matter. Because once the employer mandate becomes effective, employers will begin dumping their employees insurance altogether because the fine is cheaper than insuring their employees. That is how this thing was set up. The deliberate scuttling of employer provided health insurance was the target of PPACA.
To address your last point, let's say for a moment you are correct. There is no such thing as obamacare.
I have two questions..
1. What is the $900 billion( estimated before passage then recalculated to cost three times that) for?
2.If Obamacare really is just mandates, then why is there a need for a 950 page law, 16,000 new IRS employees and a host of other new regulations and rules?

Dumbass- if that where the case, why didn't they dump their employees YEARS ago?

I mean, there's no fine now, and dumping them into nothing would be cheaper than paying the fine or insuring them. So why do they offer health care?

Well, unfortunately, because it is expected for any job that doesn't require you to ask if they want fries with that. You want to attract employees with any kind of skill, you are pretty much expected to offer health insurance. And because unlike individual market plans, they are group plans, they are more comprehensive because it is unlikely more than one person might develop a catastrophic illness.

Now, you do have a few unethical companies that found it easier to fire employees when they get sick, injured or pregnant, like the last bunch of jokers who cured my Republicanism. But really, in most of the world, companies are going to offer good insurance.

Some little fly by night company won't, but they wont be in business long, anyway.
Employer provided insurance coverage is a "fringe benefit"...Meant to attract workers to an employer. Based on that, there is no incentive to not provide it. However, it is not an entitlement. Nor is it proper to "expect" it.
Expectations are a problem you libs have. You don't believe in earning anything. You merely expect things.
I am going to ignore the insult. I refuse to lower myself to your level.
Now, go ahead and respond with something clever.
You cannot win this argument. You've brought nothing to the table except angry nonsensical rhetoric.

Last edited:
Here's the thing, Cleetus.

They are promising a service. If they can't provide the service, they shouldn't be in business.

Period.

And when the CEO of Cigna gets an 83 Million Dollar retirement bonus, but Cigna denies a 17 year old girl a liver transplant because it costs too much, then there's some serious problems with priorities.

This is where your argument dies. This government promised a service, and has so far not been able to provide it. Therefore the logical conclusion here is... wait for it... for them not to be in business within the healthcare insurance industry. The government lied to the people about this service, and if they were any other insurance company, they would be shut down and fined, not to mention the people running the outfit would be sent to jail for fraud.

The government is providing the service it promised.

The failure is on the part of the private insurers, who insisted they could comply and haven't.

Please don't try to make more out of the website than you are, because you are just going to look silly in a couple of months.
A couple of months?....You're joking ,right?
The site is only 60% complete. 3 years and $700 billion and they STILL have not completed the job.
Now, the other issue is security. The website is wide open to breach. ID theft is the next issue the Obamacare website developers face.
This whole ACA law is a big dog pile. It will not survive.
Case closed.

Last edited:
[

No Joe,

The website will not be working in a couple of months. It is now 5 days and counting. Remember? Obama said it would be working smoothly by November 30th.

If it is not working smoothly....I pretty sure Obama will have lied again. Don't ya think?

Well, you and the rest of the Big Insurance shills will claim it isn't even if it is.

But poor people are going to have access to the system, and I know this horrifies you.
Let me see if I understand your point of view.
Those that oppose central planning( Obamacare or socialized medicine) are in your opinion shills for large insurance companies?

[

Oh yes it most certainly IS...That is defined as 'personal responsibility'...
How can you live with yourself knowing you bought something about which you knew nothing?
There is no cheating. Every insurance policy whether for life, health, home, auto or financial has rules and language for the consumer to read and understand.
Not doing your due diligence is no one's fault but your own.
What makes you believe single payer is unlimited coverage?
You are nothing but a cry baby. "Woe is me", you say.
Ya know what? Nobody cares about your fucking self created problems.
All you know to do is complain.

[

Oh yes it most certainly IS...That is defined as 'personal responsibility'...
How can you live with yourself knowing you bought something about which you knew nothing?
There is no cheating. Every insurance policy whether for life, health, home, auto or financial has rules and language for the consumer to read and understand.
Not doing your due diligence is no one's fault but your own.
What makes you believe single payer is unlimited coverage?
You are nothing but a cry baby. "Woe is me", you say.
Ya know what? Nobody cares about your fucking self created problems.
All you know to do is complain.

he thinks obamacare will pay for everything......that's what he considers "civilized" as opposed to private insurance.....

he's in lala land....it's actually one step up from Medicaid which is like having no insurance...single payer would be just as shitty....

Guy, I understand you don't have God's first fucking clue as to how group plans work.

I know you DESPERATELY need people to be in a panic about this, because, honestly, panic is all you guys have.

Joe, why don't you provide a link that disproves her statement? Obviously people are having trouble simply taking your word on this, just like Obama when he said "If you like your healthcare plan you can keep it, period." It would appear the democrats can not be trusted in providing a health care option the people want.

43% Trust GOP More on Health Care, 39% Democrats - Rasmussen Reports?

Didn't Ratmuffin have Romney winning by 7 points?

There are actually several sources which reflects the same distrust in Democrats and Obama. A Quinnipiac poll, one also cited by CNN regarding Heath care.

Among young people, they now trust congressional Republicans more on health care (41-46)

SOURCE: Poll: Obama Loses Young People, Now Trust GOP More on Healthcare

In an especially troubling turn, that same survey found -- even though congressional approval ratings are at an all time low -- voters trust Republicans in Congress as much or more than the President on big issues like health care and the economy.

SOURCE: John King: For Obama, a bad turn or a tipping point? - CNN.com

Of course you are welcome to try and call CNN a biased right wing media network, if you wish.

"As in running away from, not running away with. It's all hands to battle stations, time for the USS Tea Pot to go on the offensive" means the TeaPot is sinking and all hands are expected to go down with the ship. OK. The TeaPs can all be primaried out next year. Be better for America and certainly for GOP.

Not the 8,000,000th Bush lied crap. More bullshit straight from the Libtard liar playbook. Let's review what key Dems said...shall we? :)

Democrat Quotes on Iraq Weapons of Mass Destruction

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

"As in running away from, not running away with. It's all hands to battle stations, time for the USS Tea Pot to go on the offensive" means the TeaPot is sinking and all hands are expected to go down with the ship. OK. The TeaPs can all be primaried out next year. Be better for America and certainly for GOP.

So says the Fake Republican.............Desperate to attack a group to challenge the Status Quo.............A status Quo that is on both sides of the equation............The Fake Republican is really a Statist as are the Rhino's of the Republican Party, which is why true conservatives are now going after the Rhino's...........Challenging the Status Quo............

And they have beaten them, with little funding while being attacked by both sides....................Career politicians have ditched the opinion of We the People to court their favorite funders.................

Obamacare was never about HEALTH CARE............It was and still is about POWER and CONTROL............It is a WEALTH REDISTRIBUTION PLAN and in NO WAY LOWERS THE COST OF REAL HEALTH CARE..................It was NEVER intended to do so..............

The Left claims how it lowers cost while ignoring the costs to the middle class who are outside the poverty levels...............While Subsidizing the poverty levels..............

Millions are losing their coverage by design, and millions more will lose their insurance by design. The other millions are on hold until after the elections as the KING HAS DECREED TO NOT ENFORCE HIS OWN LAW ON THE MANDATE..............Once the Mandate is enforced these Millions will be dropped as business makes financial decisions, which will also include HIGHER PRICES ON PRODUCTS to make up for the new TAXES................

And so the DOG AND PONY SHOW GOES ON, as the Liberal Horde praises the SCUM BAG TACTICS OF THE STATIST..............

Forum List

Back