Examining Black Loyalty to Democrats

and yet, somehow, the VAST majority of black americans see it differently. Care to explain why?
Because Democrats lie.

and somehow, only smart white republican guys like you know that? Is that your point? Are you suggesting that, if democrats DO lie, that, for some reason, all blacks are just too shiftless and stupid and lazy to figure that out???? WHy not quit talking in code?
Hypocrite. Why should blacks vote Dem?

Wow. You're a loon. :lol:

Hey, are you taking advantage of tax law to pay less than your "fair share"? What a greedy bastard you are!

so my belief in a progressive income tax makes me a loon?

you need to get off the Limbaugh koolaid and get sober.

And here's a clue: my "fair share" is what the law says it is. I pay not one penny less than I am required to pay by law, and I do so gladly, and willingly. I do not begrudge the fact that I am required to do my part to support the operation of the society of which I am a part. And what that society and that government decides to DO with its tax revenues is something that is decided by our democratic political process. Again... don't like it? either get involved and CHANGE it or get the fuck out... but telling the guys who are in the minority that they are loons probably won't get you very far. I'm just sayin'.
If you weren't such a greedy bastard, you'd pay MORE than your fair share. Why do you hate poor people? :(

I DO pay more than my fair share. I tithe at my church and my wife and I give generously to several charities. try again.

Because Democrats lie.

and somehow, only smart white republican guys like you know that? Is that your point? Are you suggesting that, if democrats DO lie, that, for some reason, all blacks are just too shiftless and stupid and lazy to figure that out???? WHy not quit talking in code?

ask them why they DO. Why are you so afraid to do that? do blacks people scare you?

Why do you think they should vote Democrat?

again... that is a nonsensical question to ask ME. I would suggest - again - that you ask them, not why they SHOULD vote democratic, but rather why they DO.

Oh, horseshit. You think blacks should pull the D lever. Why? You used the phrase "their self interest". So obviously you know.

You are asking me why I think people should vote for the party that I have belonged to all my life? Because I happen to believe that it has the best platform. Again... grow a set of balls and work up the courage to approach a scary black person and ask them why they DO vote for democrats if you really are all that interested in knowing why.

How the voting broke down on the 1968 Civil Rights Bill

By party and region

Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.
The original House version:

..............................................Yeah- nay
  • Southern Democrats: 7-87 (7%-93%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0-10 (0%-100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%-6%)
  • Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%-15%)
The Senate version:
  • Southern Democrats: 1-20 (5%-95%)
  • Southern Republicans: 0-1 (0%-100%)
  • Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%-2%)
  • Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%-16%)
Nuff said?

Black voters have traditionally supported DEMS in our lifetimes because of how Republicans and Democratic officials and elected leaders have acted toward Blacks in our lifetimes.

What puzzles me is why ANYBODY (regardless of race) in the working classes has voted for EITHER party in the last couple decades.

The exceptions within the working classes whose continued support of the duelopoly does not puzzle me are those among us who are tools of either party.

For example, those 870,000 or so people who are now holding TOP SECRET security status.

Their continued support of the system at least does make sense to me.

They definitely do understand what hand is feeding them.

As to the rest of you partisans?

You guys I don't get.

1 Southern Republican in the senate as opposed to 32 Northern Republicans. And in the House you had 10 Republicans from the south and 162 From the North. So out of 195 Republicans, 40 opposed the bill while 117 out of 269 democrats opposed it.

again...is the topic current day politics or is it history?

how many black americans do you think voted for democrats in 1964 versus how many of them vote for democrats today? what do you think changed?

Blacks vote for Democrats because they're promised entitlements. And I don't see that changing.

1 Southern Republican in the senate as opposed to 32 Northern Republicans. And in the House you had 10 Republicans from the south and 162 From the North. So out of 195 Republicans, 40 opposed the bill while 117 out of 269 democrats opposed it.

how many black americans do you think voted for democrats in 1964 versus how many of them vote for democrats today? what do you think changed?

Blacks vote for Democrats because they're promised entitlements. And I don't see that changing.

that is incorrect, but why do middle and upper class blacks also vote for democrats?

that is incorrect, but why do middle and upper class blacks also vote for democrats?

I doubt that they do. Every successful black I know votes Republican.

you need to get off the Limbaugh koolaid and get sober.

And here's a clue: my "fair share" is what the law says it is. I pay not one penny less than I am required to pay by law, and I do so gladly, and willingly. I do not begrudge the fact that I am required to do my part to support the operation of the society of which I am a part. And what that society and that government decides to DO with its tax revenues is something that is decided by our democratic political process. Again... don't like it? either get involved and CHANGE it or get the fuck out... but telling the guys who are in the minority that they are loons probably won't get you very far. I'm just sayin'.
If you weren't such a greedy bastard, you'd pay MORE than your fair share. Why do you hate poor people? :(

I DO pay more than my fair share. I tithe at my church and my wife and I give generously to several charities. try again.
I've been told by several leftists that donations to church don't count. Of course, they say that when I point out that conservatives give more to charity than liberals do. :lol:

ask them why they DO. Why are you so afraid to do that? do blacks people scare you?
You made a claim, that you know what blacks' self interests are. Let's hear them. Don't try to deflect with ridiculous charges of racism. Take responsibility for your words.

You are asking me why I think people should vote for the party that I have belonged to all my life? Because I happen to believe that it has the best platform.
What about it specifically benefits black people?
Again... grow a set of balls and work up the courage to approach a scary black person and ask them why they DO vote for democrats if you really are all that interested in knowing why.
I expect they vote Dem because they want to. But that's not what we're discussing. We're discussing why YOU think voting Democrat is in blacks' self-interest.

So far, you have not done so.

No, but I think it makes you incredibly jealous, envious, and greedy.

:lol:

I am a Democrat because I detest greed. Especially the sickening greed of those who struck it rich in the 1980s, and greedily refuse to give me any of their stuff.

I am a Democrat because I believe in helping those in need. All of us, you and I, have an obligation to those less fortunate. You go first, okay? I'm a little short this week.

The US has had a progressive income tax rate for almost 100 years. During that time we have risen from one of the top five economies in the world to the wealthiest nation on earth

There are no successful nations on earth that do dot have a progressive tax rate

What do you base your model on?

dnc-slavery.jpg

The US has had a progressive income tax rate for almost 100 years. During that time we have risen from one of the top five economies in the world to the wealthiest nation on earth

There are no successful nations on earth that do dot have a progressive tax rate

That is true, but correlation is not causation. There are many factors as to why the Western world has been at the top of civilized societies for centuries now and I would be careful to assign a successful label to some of those nations. Greece, for instance, comes to mind right away.

That is true, but correlation is not causation. There are many factors as to why the Western world has been at the top of civilized societies for centuries now and I would be careful to assign a successful label to some of those nations. Greece, for instance, comes to mind right away.

Greece has not been an economic power in over 2000 years

There is no successful nation on earth that does not use a progressive rate. What makes you think a flat rate for all taxpayers would not demolish the middle class and lead us to third world status?

you are of course ignoring military might, which give great power to the US economy....the dollar

Forum List

Back