Excellent Pot / Kettle

Herman is not a stupid person. He's right.

The evidence: This September, our national debt will hit $15 trillion. For the educationally challenged, that is 102% of our GDP. We will owe more than we have. Any citizen who's debt exceeds their assets is an idiot. Therefore, our government are idiots. Therefore, Cain is right. Our country is being destroyed by stupid people.

Where is the evidence that Cain is stupid?

america's assets are greater than the gdp...so even if we are at 102% debt to gdp ratio, we have not exceeded debt to asset ratio...thats like saying someone income equals all their assets

We cannot sell our assets. That's why the internationally accepted measure is GDP. Please review Economics 101. Thanks.

that is simply not true, i would sue whoever taught you that. government auctions, federal land....are sellable. another example...GM government owned stock, that is a US asset and has in fact sold.

america's assets are greater than the gdp...so even if we are at 102% debt to gdp ratio, we have not exceeded debt to asset ratio...thats like saying someone income equals all their assets

We cannot sell our assets. That's why the internationally accepted measure is GDP. Please review Economics 101. Thanks.

that is simply not true, i would sue whoever taught you that. government auctions, federal land....are sellable. another example...GM government owned stock, that is a US asset and has in fact sold.

If it's all the same to you, I'll take the word of Economists over a poster on a message board. If, however, you think that owing 102.6% of our GDP is no problem, please do vote for Obama. :lol:

The evidence: This September, our national debt will hit $15 trillion. For the educationally challenged, that is 102% of our GDP. We will owe more than we have. Any citizen who's debt exceeds their assets is an idiot. Therefore, our government are idiots. Therefore, Cain is right. Our country is being destroyed by stupid people.

Where is the evidence that Cain is stupid?

Of course we can sell our assets. The US Govt owns millions of acres of land that could be disposed of

We sell military equipment all the time. How much you want for a carrier task force

US highway system can be sold to private entities. Ready to pay some tolls?

If it's all the same to you, I'll take the word of Economists over a poster on a message board. If, however, you think that owing 102.6% of our GDP is no problem, please do vote for Obama. :lol:

Your Economist told you the Govt cannot auction it's assets? :lol:

You need to find a new Economist

No, I mean Americans. Wall Street didn't drag us down into this mess. We did. Stop 'blaming' others and own the responsibility.

But da gub'mit says so CG>

“The captains of finance and the public stewards of our financial system ignored warnings and failed to question, understand and manage evolving risks within a system essential to the well-being of the American public,” the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission wrote in a 545-page book outlining its conclusions. “Theirs was a big miss, not a stumble.”

Crisis Panel Report Blames Wall Street, Washington - Bloomberg

Call me skeptical, but if gub'mit tells me the time, I'll check my watch before I believe it. The problem with Americans is that we prefer simple answers... I don't do simple answers. I prefer the truth.

Do you check your food and drugs? How do you trust in their safety?
Do you check the bridges you drive across? How do you trust in their strength?
Do you check your air quality? How do trust in its purity?

'Government' as a concept is not the problem.

could we interest you in a bridge rightwinger?

I was in a meeting where a bunch of American investment bankers were trying to sell us the Pennsylvania Turnpike,” he said. “They even had a slide show. They were showing these Arabs what a nice highway we had for sale, what the toll booths looked like . . .”

I dropped my fork. “The Pennsylvania Turnpike is for sale?”

He nodded. “Yeah,” he said. “We didn’t do the deal, though. But, you know, there are some other deals that have gotten done. Or didn’t you know about this?”

As it turns out, the Pennsylvania Turnpike deal almost went through, only to be killed by the state legislature, but there were others just like it that did go through, most notably the sale of all the parking meters in Chicago to a consortium that included the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, from the United Arab Emirates.

There were others: A toll highway in Indiana. The Chicago Skyway. A stretch of highway in Florida. Parking meters in Nashville, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, and other cities. A port in Virginia. And a whole bevy of Californian public infrastructure projects, all either already leased or set to be leased for fifty or seventy-five years or more in exchange for one-off lump sum payments of a few billion bucks at best, usually just to help patch a hole or two in a single budget year.

America is quite literally for sale, at rock-bottom prices, and the buyers increasingly are the very people who scored big in the oil bubble. Thanks to Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley and the other investment banks that artificially jacked up the price of gasoline over the course of the last decade, Americans delivered a lot of their excess cash into the coffers of sovereign wealth funds like the Qatar Investment Authority, the Libyan Investment Authority, Saudi Arabia’s SAMA Foreign Holdings, and the UAE’s Abu Dhabi Investment Authority.

GRIFTOPIA BY MATT TAIBBI | Foreclosureblues

But da gub'mit says so CG>

“The captains of finance and the public stewards of our financial system ignored warnings and failed to question, understand and manage evolving risks within a system essential to the well-being of the American public,” the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission wrote in a 545-page book outlining its conclusions. “Theirs was a big miss, not a stumble.”

Crisis Panel Report Blames Wall Street, Washington - Bloomberg

Call me skeptical, but if gub'mit tells me the time, I'll check my watch before I believe it. The problem with Americans is that we prefer simple answers... I don't do simple answers. I prefer the truth.

Do you check your air quality? How do trust in its purity?

As a concept, no.... in reality.... yea.... they're on a life long spending spree... it's like giving a shop-aholic access to a credit card with no limit.... not wise!!!

Not 'an Economist'.... I work with lots of them. I will accept their judgements on our debt far more than I will any idiot on a board... or anyone with a political agenda. It's no wonder the country is in such a mess.... Cain was right.... 'stupid people'.

Not 'an Economist'.... I work with lots of them. I will accept their judgements on our debt far more than I will any idiot on a board... or anyone with a political agenda. It's no wonder the country is in such a mess.... Cain was right.... 'stupid people'.

Then maybe they can tell you that a nations economic viability is more than just debt and GDP

oh really....do link to this mysterious economist, because i don't believe such person exists.....

and i do think its a problem, i'm just pointing out that your analysis of the matter is factually wrong, and i noticed you completely ignored my examples...

you should really go to this website...i can't wait to see your reaction after you do so:

GovSales - Home Page

GovSales is a consolidated, citizen friendly web site that makes it easy for the public to find government assets for sale.

:razz:

[SIZE="-3"]Call me skeptical, but if gub'mit tells me the time, I'll check my watch before I believe it. The problem with Americans is that we prefer simple answers... I don't do simple answers. I prefer the truth.[/SIZE]
[SIZE="-3"]
Do you check your air quality? How do trust in its purity?[/SIZE]

As a concept, no[SIZE="-3"].... in reality.... yea.... they're on a life long spending spree... it's like giving a shop-aholic access to a credit card with no limit.... not wise!!![/SIZE]

Then we have a basis for agreement. Where to from here?

What do you want from your concept of government and what's your concept for paying for it?

Obviously it's a game of pin the tail on the stupid Joe, in fact , there's gotta be an army of 'em here somewhere....

oh really....do link to this mysterious economist, because i don't believe such person exists.....

and i do think its a problem, i'm just pointing out that your analysis of the matter is factually wrong, and i noticed you completely ignored my examples...

you should really go to this website...i can't wait to see your reaction after you do so:

GovSales - Home Page

GovSales is a consolidated, citizen friendly web site that makes it easy for the public to find government assets for sale.

Can you please read what I say and not what you think I say. Thanks. I have not said AN ECONOMIST. I said 'Economists'..... more than one. No mysterious person.... a whole group of economists.... around the world.... who agree that owing more than our GDP is not a smart move. Is that overly difficult for you?

102.6%... in Sept 2011.... 102.6%.... you might think that's fine... many economists will disagree with you. 102.6% with over $15 trillion of debt. How many decades do you think it will take us to get our debt under control if we continue with this ridiculous spending spree?

it just doesn't get better than this>

Herman Cain To CPAC: 'Stupid People Are Ruining America' (VIDEO)

Former pizza chain CEO, tea partier and potential 2012 Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain closed out CPAC on day two, declaring that "the American Dream is under attack," and that "stupid people are ruining America."

Herman Cain is stupid for saying that the American Dream is under attack?

I have a question for you, do you think he is a lawn jockey like this guy?

Herman Cain Embraces His Inner Lawn Jockey « Btx3's Blog

Or this guy?

Lawn Jockey alert! Alan West Attacks Keith Ellison | African American Blogs @Words Like Whoa!

Or maybe he is just putting on a minstrel show.

On Chauncey DeVega's Herman Cain Post | AlterNet

If the Left was not so prejudiced they might be worth listening to occasionally. As it is I would rather hand out with a KKK member or a fascist pig like Arpaio than even live on the same planet as all the hypocrites.

Three tactics? Lies? SIN. Shift ignore and name call. Yikes, what a complete hypocrite. And the greatest irony is he uses "liberal" which the right made a four letter word long ago. He needs to add "progressive" to his lexicon. The right is working on that word too. Even 'social democracy' or justice are bad words in their world. Name call, huh! Jeez, if the conservatives didn't have liberals to blame, do you think they would be completely lost? Memories can be short but please.

"President Eisenhower describes his administration's political philosophy as 'dynamic conservatism,' then as 'progressive, dynamic conservatism,' then as 'progressive moderation,' then as 'moderate progressivism,' and then as 'positive progressivism.'" William Manchester

Don't you claim to be black? Why do you prefer to associate yourself with the a group that judges you on the color of your skin rather than the content of your character? The right is not the group that is staining those words you like so much, it is the left.

Any citizen who's debt exceeds their assets is an idiot? Where did you get that?

A young couple makes $70,000 a year and have assets of $20,000. They owe $30,000 on a student loan. They purchase a $200,000 home with $20,000 down and owe $180,000

They owe more than they earn, they owe more than their assets
Are they idiots?

Yes.

In fact, to be absolutely accurate, the US debt will be $15.476 trillion. That's 102.6%. My bad.

By gum you're right... Shit! We better get rid of those tax cuts quick, seems they're having a negative effect on our deficit that, for some reason, nobody considered!

Taxes are not the problem. Obama is raising taxes and increasing the deficit.

At no point in the president’s 10-year projection would the U.S. government spend less than it's taking in.

President Obama

Nice of you to play though.

What is the best way to get rid of our Constitution and change this country into a banana republic?
BANKRUPTCY - that has been Obama's goal all along.
Can't have complete government control as long as we have the constitution.
Right now our debt is $14+ trillion. Including interest $12 trillion of that came from 3 GOP presidents, Reagan, Bush I and Bush II. The remaining $2 trillion came from all the other presidents, including Obama, combined. Clearly it is the modern CON$ervative Brotherhood whose goal is to destroy this great country through BANKRUPTCY.

July 6, 2010
RUSH: It is said of Reagan -- I think it's true to a certain extent -- Reagan decided to starve the welfare state by creating deficits and spending

Wow.

All of the Democratic presidents must have run budgets that actually paid down the debt because Obama has added more than 4@ trillion all by himself. You might want to go back to school and check out some math courses.

GovSales - Home Page

Can you please read what I say and not what you think I say. Thanks. I have not said AN ECONOMIST. I said 'Economists'..... more than one. No mysterious person.... a whole group of economists.... around the world.... who agree that owing more than our GDP is not a smart move. Is that overly difficult for you?

102.6%... in Sept 2011.... 102.6%.... you might think that's fine... many economists will disagree with you. 102.6% with over $15 trillion of debt. How many decades do you think it will take us to get our debt under control if we continue with this ridiculous spending spree?

so nothing about those economistS being wrong....didn't want to take my word over your economists and now you are wrong :lol:

The evidence: This September, our national debt will hit $15 trillion. For the educationally challenged, that is 102% of our GDP. We will owe more than we have. Any citizen who's debt exceeds their assets is an idiot.

Natl_Debt_Chart.jpg
bush_oedipus_complex.jpg
Since all spending starts in the House, who was in charge of the House in all those good years as well as bad?

I see some tard woke up from his post superbowl loss conciliatory drinking.

Forum List

Back