Excellent Pot / Kettle

Actually, Cain made a lot more sense in his few minutes, than I've heard from Obama in all his hours of blathering.

Comparing hurts my brain.

What I saw in THIS speech was:

Cain laid out several of the problems we face - not hard to do. He then gave a nice long rant about how 'liberals' are the New *******. His solution as to how to fix the problem was to wrap yourself in an American flag, have a slice of apple pie and vote republican.

Been there done that. :eusa_hand:

Obama is a different dog on a different leash held by the same corporate interests.

You 'saw' that? Maybe you should use your ears and listen more.... seeing a speaker is of no consequence... hearing them is what is important.

Is THAT all you saw wrong with my post? A potential misunderstanding of the thesis because of the multiple possible connotations of the word 'saw'?

Wow.

Kudos to AVG-JOE :cool:

Alot of countries hold us in contempt because of our debtor nation status combined with doing next to nothing about it. Our degree of influence is also rapidly shrinking more than any other factor due to this.

I recall people clamoring how our standing in the world would skyrocket with the ascendancy of Obama to the throne.

Now, alas, we're a joke. Even Qaddafi's laughing his ass off at us and saber rattling, Egypt has fallen and the EU is calling for an end to the U.S. $ as world currency.

Well done!

Herman is not a stupid person. He's right.

The evidence: This September, our national debt will hit $15 trillion. For the educationally challenged, that is 102% of our GDP. We will owe more than we have. Any citizen who's debt exceeds their assets is an idiot. Therefore, our government are idiots. Therefore, Cain is right. Our country is being destroyed by stupid people.

Where is the evidence that Cain is stupid?

if it weren't for stupid people herman and palin would have no political power what-so-ever...

though
I do agree with his basic premise

stupid people (leftwingers and right wingers) are, indeed, ruining America

I know some people (who vote) who are SOOOOO stupid they think pot should be illegal and pot smokers should have their lives ruined.

these people are SOOOOOOO stgupid they actually think that pot is worse than alcohol or tobacco

these people are SOOOOOO stupid they will tell you that they HATE DEMS because DEMS want a NANNY STATE and BIG GOVERNMENT and then (these STUPID PEOPLE) will turn around and say THEY want a nanny state (laws against pot) AND BIG GOVERNMENT (laws against pot

they are SOOOO FKN STUPID they don't realize that wanting pot illegal and pot smokers criminalized IS
a. a nanny state
and
b. BIG government....

no matter how many times sane and rational people try to tell them....

Last edited:
Alot of countries hold us in contempt because of our debtor nation status combined with doing next to nothing about it. Our degree of influence is also rapidly shrinking more than any other factor due to this.

I recall people clamoring how our standing in the world would skyrocket with the ascendancy of Obama to the throne.

Now, alas, we're a joke. Even Qaddafi's laughing his ass off at us and saber rattling, Egypt has fallen and the EU is calling for an end to the U.S. $ as world currency.

Well done!

BBC News - World warming to US under Obama, BBC poll suggests

For the first time since the annual poll began in 2005, America's influence in the world is now seen as more positive than negative.

The improved scores for the US coincided with Barack Obama becoming president, a BBC correspondent notes.
Fifteen of the countries have been surveyed every year since 2005, allowing long-term trends to be discerned.

In these nations - or 14 of them, not including the US itself - positive views of the US fell to a low of 28% on average in 2007, from 38% in 2005, but recovered to 35% in 2009 and 40% in this year's poll.

Last edited:

Well done!

For the first time since the annual poll began in 2005, America's influence in the world is now seen as more positive than negative.

The improved scores for the US coincided with Barack Obama becoming president, a BBC correspondent notes.
Fifteen of the countries have been surveyed every year since 2005, allowing long-term trends to be discerned.

In these nations - or 14 of them, not including the US itself - positive views of the US fell to a low of 28% on average in 2007, from 38% in 2005, but recovered to 35% in 2009 and 40% in this year's poll.

You know why they're 'warming' to us? Because they don't see us as exceptional any more. We're more of a joke now... to be laughed at, not respected.

Well done!

You know why they're 'warming' to us? Because they don't see us as exceptional any more. We're more of a joke now... to be laughed at, not respected.

who saw US americans as exceptional besides US americans?

and after you have shown this, please show the decline in this thinking with a time line.

thanks in advance.

Well done!

WTF are you talking about? Others never saw us as exceptional. Sometimes the small-mindedness and naval-gazing of the average American makes me sick.

And let me clue you in on something: We're not "Exceptional". We're big, we're powerful ,we're rich and we do a lot of great things in the world - but it's not because we are somehow unique and above the rest.

Last edited:

Well done!

:thewave:

Oh yea....I forgot to mention "American Exceptionalism"

Like nobody laughed at us when there were no WMDs

Well done!

Some of us, perhaps...

But not ALL of us. :cool:

Your whining doesn't change the facts. I stated those facts once, I will not repeat them. And.... there is a decent amount of Americans who will not stand idly by while stupid people destroy our country in the name of 'redistribution of wealth'.

you mean wall street CG?

yeah, they're making out like bandits lately

No, I mean Americans. Wall Street didn't drag us down into this mess. We did. Stop 'blaming' others and own the responsibility.

Sorry but :disagree: Wall Street certainly had a role in dragging the ecomomy down.

WTF are you talking about? Others never saw us as exceptional. Sometimes the small-mindedness and naval-gazing of the average American makes me sick.

And let me clue you in on something: We're not "Exceptional". We're big, we're powerful ,we're rich and we do a lot of great things in the world - but it's not because we are somehow unique and above the rest.

:wtf:

I disagree. We are unique. America represents an interruption in evolution that fast tracked technology at a bloody cost. What if Columbus and his three little ships had met Katrina's big sister? America is where brown meets white and makes pink. Even the language isn't quite English, eh?

An American Mutt says "Woof!"

Why do you think that, for decades, people flocked to our shores? Why did millions of people apply to come into America? Because they actually did see us as an exceptional nation. The evidence is there... look at the immigration figures.... for decades, more people applied to come here than anywhere else on earth? For the free stuff? No. Because they wanted to be part of that exceptional nation that we took (and continue to take) for granted.

And... I assume you are aware of the recent confession of one Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi.... he was a major source of intel about Saddam. He recently confessed that he deliberately lied about WMD in order to get rid of Saddam. Seems his plan worked.

Why do you think that, for decades, people flocked to our shores? Why did millions of people apply to come into America? Because they actually did see us as an exceptional nation. The evidence is there... look at the immigration figures.... for decades, more people applied to come here than anywhere else on earth? For the free stuff? No. Because they wanted to be part of that exceptional nation that we took (and continue to take) for granted.

And... I assume you are aware of the recent confession of one Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi.... he was a major source of intel about Saddam. He recently confessed that he deliberately lied about WMD in order to get rid of Saddam. Seems his plan worked.

You don't see people flocking to our shores?
You don't read many threads here do you?

Mexicans come here because we are "Exceptional"

Are you still selling the "Slam Dunk" ??????

The evidence: This September, our national debt will hit $15 trillion. For the educationally challenged, that is 102% of our GDP. We will owe more than we have. Any citizen who's debt exceeds their assets is an idiot. Therefore, our government are idiots. Therefore, Cain is right. Our country is being destroyed by stupid people.

america's assets are greater than the gdp...so even if we are at 102% debt to gdp ratio, we have not exceeded debt to asset ratio...thats like saying someone income equals all their assets

You don't see people flocking to our shores?
You don't read many threads here do you?

Mexicans come here because we are "Exceptional"

Are you still selling the "Slam Dunk" ??????

If my ancestors hadn't seen the exceptionalism, I wouldn't be an American. Nor would most of us. Try and look at the big picture - not just the Mexican shit - people from all over the world have, for decades, tried to get into this country (legally).... you can pretend it ain't so but it was so. Because you can't deal with the facts, you try and deflect it with the 'mexican wave'.... sorry, Bud, that dog don't hunt. The facts support me.

And... for the record, try looking up the name Rafid Ahmed Alwan al-Janabi.... and take a look at what he did and why. It will give you some greater insight as to the decision making in the run up to Iraq. Those fact should - if you use some critical thinking - inform your opinion.... but they probably won't... because you're desperation to make it all about Bush will outweigh your desire for truth.

america's assets are greater than the gdp...so even if we are at 102% debt to gdp ratio, we have not exceeded debt to asset ratio...thats like saying someone income equals all their assets

We cannot sell our assets. That's why the internationally accepted measure is GDP. Please review Economics 101. Thanks.

Your whining doesn't change the facts. I stated those facts once, I will not repeat them. And.... there is a decent amount of Americans who will not stand idly by while stupid people destroy our country in the name of 'redistribution of wealth'.

you mean wall street CG?

No, I mean Americans. Wall Street didn't drag us down into this mess. We did. Stop 'blaming' others and own the responsibility.

But da gub'mit says so CG>

“The captains of finance and the public stewards of our financial system ignored warnings and failed to question, understand and manage evolving risks within a system essential to the well-being of the American public,” the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission wrote in a 545-page book outlining its conclusions. “Theirs was a big miss, not a stumble.”

Crisis Panel Report Blames Wall Street, Washington - Bloomberg

you mean wall street CG?

But da gub'mit says so CG>

“The captains of finance and the public stewards of our financial system ignored warnings and failed to question, understand and manage evolving risks within a system essential to the well-being of the American public,” the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission wrote in a 545-page book outlining its conclusions. “Theirs was a big miss, not a stumble.”

Crisis Panel Report Blames Wall Street, Washington - Bloomberg

Call me skeptical, but if gub'mit tells me the time, I'll check my watch before I believe it. The problem with Americans is that we prefer simple answers... I don't do simple answers. I prefer the truth.

it just doesn't get better than this>

Herman Cain To CPAC: 'Stupid People Are Ruining America' (VIDEO)

Former pizza chain CEO, tea partier and potential 2012 Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain closed out CPAC on day two, declaring that "the American Dream is under attack," and that "stupid people are ruining America."

SO you are calling Herman Cain stupid? While barely knowing him? Why, because he's black? You racist f***, you just can't hide your hatred for an "Uncle Tom" as the left likes to call him.

See how this is gonna work libs? Herman Cain is a nightmare for you all.

stupid is not propietory to any given race bucs, with consideration, if not angelic patience, to those bent on having it appear that way for the purpose of their own self loathing

Forum List

Back