🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Executive Orders

When Republicans take over the White House, how are the Democrats going to feel about the use of executive orders

Look at history for your answer. When Bush used executive orders more than Obama, liberals didn't care. It's that consistency thing that liberals are known for, and which is so foreign to conservatives.

Executive Orders

Bush issued 291 EO's. Obama has issued 227 as of Dec 20 2015. That is, Obama is on a pace to issue significantly fewer EO's than Bush.

Hence, the real issue is the proud double standard displayed by so many righties. Bush used EO's more often, righties didn't care. Obama uses them less often, righties go into meltdown mode. Liberals are consistent, righties are hypocrites.

How about a list of what those EOs were about?
It's the content,not the number.

Hey, Hussein has often boasted about 'having a pen.' Did people think he was just joking? He's been allowed to become vengeful tyrant.

Well, when an Exxon logo gets projected in a light show on the Whitehouse just a couple hours after a rigged Supreme Court Decision on "should we allow Exxon to disturb a public water source with oil drilling (an example)" in Exxon's favor, then you will know how the far left feels about it. They are the quintessential hypocrites and will scream the loudest if such a light display were to go up, indicating the Executive branch had ample heads-up before the public came to know of the decision for the first time:

Rainbow%20Whitehouse%20display_zpslfhatdh4.jpg

As to Executive orders that might affect the far left to their core? Why not start at ground-zero: California. There might be an executive order that "for the good of the country's national security, all bans on offshore oil drilling in California will be lifted"....signed...the new republican president..

The left seems mystified why their unbridled exercise of tyranny can't be used by the GOP as well. If you can accomplish disenfranchising infants from their thousands year old contract rights to marriage (a mother and father) and insert your deviant sex cult values into that ancient right and institution with the full blessings of the Executive's blessing and influence (note: any Whitehouse changes require days if not weeks of paperwork and approval in advance) over the Court, there are no limits to what you can do. Until the other party takes over the power hold you just had.

Wow! What a terribly lame attempt to shoehorn your anti-gay bullshit in this thread. Too funny.

Not a problem. If you had gone to my previous link, one mouse click would have gotten you to the yearly lists.

Presidential Executive Orders

Now, why don't you tell us which ones are a brazen abuse of power.

Let's look at the content of the latest EO.

The standard conservative talking point is that there's no need for new gun laws, and that all that's needed is for existing law to be enforced.

So, President Obama just issued an EO which clarifies how existing gun laws have to be enforced. That is, he did exactly what conservatives demanded. He didn't make new laws, he just made certain that existing laws were enforced. And after the President did exactly what conservatives say he needed to do, conservatives are spinning about and calling the President a tyrant. Go fig.

A vast majority of Americans supports the President's actions here. In addition to fixing an incomplete law, it's good political strategy on his part. To appease their loony base, Republicans are forced to look crazy, telling everyone that gun show loopholes are a sacred American tradition, and that terrorists and criminals have the right to use those loopholes. And that sends votes to the Democrats.

When Republicans take over the White House, how are the Democrats going to feel about the use of executive orders?

This issue escalates with every President, and if Trump makes it in...you know his impatience, he will by-pass Congress.

How will the executive orders effect gun control, Health care, borders, immigration and the list goes on.

Democrat or Republican, this is a big issue and every President pushes the envelope.

What say you...

Why even have a legislative body anymore? Just have one person issue orders to the public. I believe dictators and kings did something kind of similar but as long as it is my party doing it doesn't really matter because democracy just gets in the way of doing what I want the government to do. ME ME ME ME ME. Democracy is all about me and what I want not what everyone else wants.

Not a problem. If you had gone to my previous link, one mouse click would have gotten you to the yearly lists.

Presidential Executive Orders

Now, why don't you tell us which ones are a brazen abuse of power.

Let's look at the content of the latest EO.

The standard conservative talking point is that there's no need for new gun laws, and that all that's needed is for existing law to be enforced.

So, President Obama just issued an EO which clarifies how existing gun laws have to be enforced. That is, he did exactly what conservatives demanded. He didn't make new laws, he just made certain that existing laws were enforced. And after the President did exactly what conservatives say he needed to do, conservatives are spinning about and calling the President a tyrant. Go fig.

A vast majority of Americans supports the President's actions here. In addition to fixing an incomplete law, it's good political strategy on his part. To appease their loony base, Republicans are forced to look crazy, telling everyone that gun show loopholes are a sacred American tradition, and that terrorists and criminals have the right to use those loopholes. And that sends votes to the Democrats.

Lets trim it down some shall we....
A Comprehensive List Of Obama's Worst Executive Orders

Let's start with the first one. Here's what your source states.

"Executive Order 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media."

President Obama's EOs start with #13489. #10995 would have been issued during the Kennedy administration.

So, your conspiracy blog appears to have just faked everything.

Forum List

Back