Expanded background checks fails in Senate

Can you point out how the failed bill would have addressed private fire arm purchases ? You already failed with this one in another thread.

He stated no background check would have made a difference. I am merely stating that if we had ones for individual sales that there seems to be some examples where it might have stopped a killer. I didn't say this bill would have or that this bill was even good.

I missed this, and you did address it, my bad. See, this bill was a political stunt and nothing more. If they would have really wanted to get something done they would have pushed for legislation that regulated private sales, and they would have addressed our "people" problems. They did not and I would bet my next three pay checks that it cost them in 2014.

I don't know. I think they are going to be the party that tried to do something. Even though I agree it might not have really helped. And the republicans will be the party that blocked it. I might be wrong, but I think come election time it's more a win for the dems.

Nice speech, but not sure what that had to do with what I was saying. I said people get caught buying guns illegally and hence some lives may just be saved. He seemed to be saying these lives weren't important.

BS I didn't say lives were not important, but we can't save everyone. Do you really want to live in a place where the cops can prevent every possible crime, can you imagine the police state that would require? You need to grow the hell up, there is no utopia on earth where more than one human occupies the same area. True utopia can only be found in solitude, and that can get boring as hell.

I've not said any of those things actually. I was pointing out that some felons now do get caught trying to buy a gun and that his probably saves a few lives. I guess you think felons should be able to buy guns?

We already have laws against that, are you so dense you haven't figured that out? How about we send felons found in possession of a gun away for ever, ya think that might help? Better than that I'm all for killing the sobs, but you dumb assed libs won't hear of such a thing.

He stated no background check would have made a difference. I am merely stating that if we had ones for individual sales that there seems to be some examples where it might have stopped a killer. I didn't say this bill would have or that this bill was even good.

I missed this, and you did address it, my bad. See, this bill was a political stunt and nothing more. If they would have really wanted to get something done they would have pushed for legislation that regulated private sales, and they would have addressed our "people" problems. They did not and I would bet my next three pay checks that it cost them in 2014.

I don't know. I think they are going to be the party that tried to do something. Even though I agree it might not have really helped. And the republicans will be the party that blocked it. I might be wrong, but I think come election time it's more a win for the dems.

Who knows, it wasn't the last time. Laws only work on those who follow them. Adam Lanzas mother was 100% legit. The guys who got the Colombine shooters guns were 100% legit. The dude who shot up that subways guns were 100% legit (I think). Background checks were supposed to be what put a stop to thees shootings, they didn't. We have sick people running around that need to be addressed. The slasher in Texas is an example, as well as the scum bag who set off the bomb in Boston. Thats where we need to start.

Democrats voted against the bill too, nitwit.

No life has ever been lost in the driving of my car. Funny how they keep trying to make them safer though isn't it? I guess if there is a problem you should work to fixing it.
It's not about your car, Dudley....It's about saving just one life.

Don't get out of bed tomorrow....The life you save may be your own.

So I guess you would just get rid of all laws?
So I guess you would just be a general nincompoop? :lol:

Snicker:

"
Given his record, there’s every reason to believe that what’s really bothering him is the fact that red-state Dems denied him an easy chance today to demagogue Republicans as the party of child murder or whatever, which he was hoping to use next year as a way to retake the House. Then, once he had a Democratic Congress again, he could pass some new horrible permutation of ObamaCare or immigration or the minimum wage or some other liberal wishlist item that has nothing to do with gun control. Just like in his first term! That’s what he’s mad about, that a political bludgeon was essentially taken out of his hands before he had a chance to use it to achieve unrelated goals.... "

"And now he’s a lame duck, with few opportunities to pass something big and a real chance that he’ll end up with a fully Republican Congress in 2015. He might have no choice at this point but to try to tank the immigration bill too so that he’s got something to scream about next year. I wonder if Democrats will trip him up there too."

Video: Obama not handling gun-control failure in Senate very well « Hot Air

hehehehe

Last edited:
No life has ever been lost in the driving of my car. Funny how they keep trying to make them safer though isn't it? I guess if there is a problem you should work to fixing it.
It's not about your car, Dudley....It's about saving just one life.

Don't get out of bed tomorrow....The life you save may be your own.

So I guess you would just get rid of all laws?

NO !! just rescind ALL gun laws, there is no need for any of them ! there is a law against speeding yet i'll bet you have broken THAT law many times. :clap2:

The thing is, our guns will be obsolete in a 5 to 10 years. They have lasers that cause spontaneous combustion. Have you not not see the newest darpa videos?

Which is why Obama is so pissed, hahaha. Funnier than shit!

Obama-mad-magazine-cover.jpg

I love how the leftytoons talk about lies. The thread title is a lie.

Last edited:
You're getting the law confused with the backdoor treaty Obama's structuring so he can continue to disarm us apace.

Forum List

Back