Expanded background checks fails in Senate

Duh! Anybody that flashes the cash can get whatever they want on the black market.

You can get an underage prostitute with cash too. That's not a very good argument for making child prostitution legal.

If you buy a gun off a table at a gun show you fill out the yellow paper. Even the authors of the bill said so.

Loopholes in Gun Laws Allow Buyers to Skirt Checks

By MICHAEL COOPER, MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT and MICHAEL LUO

Published: April 10, 2013

When Zina Haughton, 42, got a restraining order against her husband, Radcliffe, last October — she told a court that his threats “terrorize my every waking moment” — he became ineligible to buy a gun under federal law. But he found a way around that: he bought a gun from a private seller he found on the Internet who, unlike federally licensed dealers, was not legally required to check his background.

That is how Mr. Haughton was able to buy a handgun for $500 in the parking lot of a McDonalds that he took with him on Oct. 21 to the spa in a suburb of Milwaukee where his wife worked. There, Mr. Haughton opened fire at the spa’s pedicure station, law enforcement officials said, and kept shooting until he had killed his wife and two women she worked with and injured four other women. He then killed himself

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/11/u...rt-background-checks.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Just put a deposit on a used Marlin 45-70, celebrating the gun bill fAiL......like the guy in the vid says, "The weapon only holds 4 rounds, but if you need more than 4, you're in pretty deep!"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRvCC8ugCAw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRvCC8ugCAw[/ame]

The round from a 45-70 will blow a lawnmower apart with one shot.

Last edited:
You can get an underage prostitute with cash too. That's not a very good argument for making child prostitution legal.

If you buy a gun off a table at a gun show you fill out the yellow paper. Even the authors of the bill said so.

When Zina Haughton, 42, got a restraining order against her husband, Radcliffe, last October — she told a court that his threats “terrorize my every waking moment” — he became ineligible to buy a gun under federal law. But he found a way around that: he bought a gun from a private seller he found on the Internet who, unlike federally licensed dealers, was not legally required to check his background.

That is how Mr. Haughton was able to buy a handgun for $500 in the parking lot of a McDonalds that he took with him on Oct. 21 to the spa in a suburb of Milwaukee where his wife worked. There, Mr. Haughton opened fire at the spa’s pedicure station, law enforcement officials said, and kept shooting until he had killed his wife and two women she worked with and injured four other women. He then killed himself

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/11/u...rt-background-checks.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

That was a private sale from one individual to another. The bill had NO effect on those. Reference the authors for details about sales between indeviduels. The actual bill has also been posted and linked in many other threads. Thats another fail for you.

That was a private sale from one individual to another. The bill had NO effect on those. Reference the authors for details about sales between indeviduels. The actual bill has also been posted and linked in many other threads. Thats another fail for you.

If it had something in it about sales between individuals the NRA would have been even more against it right?

Buying illegally does give them a chance to get caught before the gun is ever used in a violent crime.

Right, because it works so well now. LMFAO

Your saying nobody gets caught trying to buy a gun illegally?

Very rarely, just like the ones that falsify a background check form. There were more than 15,000 fraudulent forms submitted last year with 44 prosecutions. A few gun traffickers are caught but very few of their clients.

Our government can't even keep people from defrauding the food stamp program, let alone preventing fraud in higher pay off programs.

r-GUN-BACKGROUND-CHECKS-BILL-huge.jpg

Gun Bill Background Check Amendment Fails, Other Key Provisions Follow

Right, because it works so well now. LMFAO

Very rarely, just like the ones that falsify a background check form. There were more than 15,000 fraudulent forms submitted last year with 44 prosecutions. A few gun traffickers are caught but very few of their clients.

So I guess if they save just a few lives it's not worth it then either eh?

If it had something in it about sales between individuals the NRA would have been even more against it right?

So you admit defeat then, just as the president had to ? Hurts doesn't it ? I can tell in that you cant acknowledge the fact that private sales are not even addressed in the bill and that it wouldn't have done a thing to help Zina Haughton. Next ?

What was it Obama supporters were saying after he was re-elected...?

Oh yeah... Romney lost, get over it... Deal with it... Or words to that effect...

Hey, the bill failled. get over it. Deal with it. Whatever...

So, do you think that he would not have been able to buy a handgun in the McDonald's parking lot if the bill had passed?

The stupidity of the left never fails to amaze me.

So you admit defeat then, just as the president had to ? Hurts doesn't it ? I can tell in that you cant acknowledge the fact that private sales are not even addressed in the bill and that it wouldn't have done a thing to help Zina Haughton. Next ?

Did you mean to respond to somebody else? Cause you didn't seem to answer my question. Or are you agreeing that criminals get guns through individual sales and that the NRA is opposed to background checks for individual sales?

Did you mean to respond to somebody else? Cause you didn't seem to answer my question. Or are you agreeing that criminals get guns through individual sales and that the NRA is opposed to background checks for individual sales?

You are deflecting. This bill never addressed sales between private indeviduels. Never even mentioned them. That makes it a moot point. Next ?

So, do you think that he would not have been able to buy a handgun in the McDonald's parking lot if the bill had passed?

As a matter of fact, he would. The bill did not address those purchases at all. It would not have done one thing to change the outcome of that situation at all. I try to tell thees guys but they dont get it .

You are deflecting. This bill never addressed sales between private indeviduels. Never even mentioned them. That makes it a moot point. Next ?

First of all, it's individuals. Secondly, why did you not answer my question? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, I guess they are pro gun sales regardless of who they are too?

As a matter of fact, he would. The bill did not address those purchases at all. It would not have done one thing to change the outcome of that situation at all. I try to tell thees guys but they dont get it .

So your saying you and the NRA would have supported it if it had?

Sorry, there is a price to be paid for freedom, just ask the millions of our military dead and wounded. There is evil in the world and no law will change that, but would you dishonor our dead by freely relinquishing the rights they died for simply for imaginary security? I think it was Franklin that said something like anyone willing to give up liberty for security deserves neither liberty or security. The current NICS system data base is so lacking because states can't afford to input their information, increasing the burden on that system would be a waste of resources. The emphasis should be on prosecuting criminals and figuring out a way to make it more cost effective for states to update the system, just adding more requirements on the states and threatening current funds will make the problem worse, not better.

First of all, it's individuals. Secondly, why did you not answer my question? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, I guess they are pro gun sales regardless of who they are too?

? Get yourself together and come back when you can hang.

Sorry, there is a price to be paid for freedom, just ask the millions of our military dead and wounded. There is evil in the world and no law will change that, but would you dishonor our dead by freely relinquishing the rights they died for simply for imaginary security? I think it was Franklin that said something like anyone willing to give up liberty for security deserves neither liberty or security. The current NICS system data base is so lacking because states can't afford to input their information, increasing the burden on that system would be a waste of resources. The emphasis should be on prosecuting criminals and figuring out a way to make it more cost effective for states to update the system, just adding more requirements on the states and threatening current funds will make the problem worse, not better.

Nice speech, but not sure what that had to do with what I was saying. I said people get caught buying guns illegally and hence some lives may just be saved. He seemed to be saying these lives weren't important.

Forum List

Back