Expanded background checks fails in Senate

You are deflecting. This bill never addressed sales between private indeviduels. Never even mentioned them. That makes it a moot point. Next ?

First of all, it's individuals. Secondly, why did you not answer my question? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, I guess they are pro gun sales regardless of who they are too?

? Get yourself together and come back when you can hang.

I guess your not going to answer the question. Surprising. Great debating skills you have. They seem to be similar to your spelling.

More innocent Americans will die because of right wing stupidity, many of them innocent children.

you liberal fools just absolutely hate the Constitution and all amendments after the first.., WHY ? and exactly what would an extensive background check have done to stop the Newtown killer ? in FACT no background check for the last several killers including Harris and Klebold would have stopped them.

what is needed in this country is swift and harsh punishment for those who murder people, once convicted hang, firing squad or executed in the same manor which they murdered their innocent victims.

it is the stupidity of liarberals who insist on "GUN FREE ZONES" ..., which in reality is a rich target zone for a nut job, they will encounter no resistance.

So I guess if they save just a few lives it's not worth it then either eh?

Sorry, there is a price to be paid for freedom, just ask the millions of our military dead and wounded. There is evil in the world and no law will change that, but would you dishonor our dead by freely relinquishing the rights they died for simply for imaginary security? I think it was Franklin that said something like anyone willing to give up liberty for security deserves neither liberty or security. The current NICS system data base is so lacking because states can't afford to input their information, increasing the burden on that system would be a waste of resources. The emphasis should be on prosecuting criminals and figuring out a way to make it more cost effective for states to update the system, just adding more requirements on the states and threatening current funds will make the problem worse, not better.

Nice speech, but not sure what that had to do with what I was saying. I said people get caught buying guns illegally and hence some lives may just be saved. He seemed to be saying these lives weren't important.
Quit driving your car...Lives may just be saved....:rolleyes:

The 6 Mistakes of LIBERALS

1. The delusion that individual advancement is made by crushing others.
2. Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it.
3. The tendency to worry about things that cannot be changed.
4. Refusing to set aside trivial preferences.
5. Neglecting development and refinement of mind and not acquiring the habit of reading and study.
6. Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do.

:clap2: .......................... :clap2:

More innocent Americans will die because of right wing stupidity, many of them innocent children.

you liberal fools just absolutely hate the Constitution and all amendments after the first.., WHY ? and exactly what would an extensive background check have done to stop the Newtown killer ? in FACT no background check for the last several killers including Harris and Klebold would have stopped them.

what is needed in this country is swift and harsh punishment for those who murder people, once convicted hang, firing squad or executed in the same manor which they murdered their innocent victims.

it is the stupidity of liarberals who insist on "GUN FREE ZONES" ..., which in reality is a rich target zone for a nut job, they will encounter no resistance.

Thats a big fact you put there. Did you not read this post? I think he counts as the last several killers.
Loopholes in Gun Laws Allow Buyers to Skirt Checks

By MICHAEL COOPER, MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT and MICHAEL LUO

Published: April 10, 2013

When Zina Haughton, 42, got a restraining order against her husband, Radcliffe, last October — she told a court that his threats “terrorize my every waking moment” — he became ineligible to buy a gun under federal law. But he found a way around that: he bought a gun from a private seller he found on the Internet who, unlike federally licensed dealers, was not legally required to check his background.

That is how Mr. Haughton was able to buy a handgun for $500 in the parking lot of a McDonalds that he took with him on Oct. 21 to the spa in a suburb of Milwaukee where his wife worked. There, Mr. Haughton opened fire at the spa’s pedicure station, law enforcement officials said, and kept shooting until he had killed his wife and two women she worked with and injured four other women. He then killed himself

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/11/us...anted=all&_r=0

Sorry, there is a price to be paid for freedom, just ask the millions of our military dead and wounded. There is evil in the world and no law will change that, but would you dishonor our dead by freely relinquishing the rights they died for simply for imaginary security? I think it was Franklin that said something like anyone willing to give up liberty for security deserves neither liberty or security. The current NICS system data base is so lacking because states can't afford to input their information, increasing the burden on that system would be a waste of resources. The emphasis should be on prosecuting criminals and figuring out a way to make it more cost effective for states to update the system, just adding more requirements on the states and threatening current funds will make the problem worse, not better.

Nice speech, but not sure what that had to do with what I was saying. I said people get caught buying guns illegally and hence some lives may just be saved. He seemed to be saying these lives weren't important.

No life has ever been lost in the driving of my car. Funny how they keep trying to make them safer though isn't it? I guess if there is a problem you should work to fixing it.

So I guess if they save just a few lives it's not worth it then either eh?

BS I didn't say lives were not important, but we can't save everyone. Do you really want to live in a place where the cops can prevent every possible crime, can you imagine the police state that would require? You need to grow the hell up, there is no utopia on earth where more than one human occupies the same area. True utopia can only be found in solitude, and that can get boring as hell.

Thats a big fact you put there. Did you not read this post? I think he counts as the last several killers.

When Zina Haughton, 42, got a restraining order against her husband, Radcliffe, last October — she told a court that his threats “terrorize my every waking moment” — he became ineligible to buy a gun under federal law. But he found a way around that: he bought a gun from a private seller he found on the Internet who, unlike federally licensed dealers, was not legally required to check his background.

That is how Mr. Haughton was able to buy a handgun for $500 in the parking lot of a McDonalds that he took with him on Oct. 21 to the spa in a suburb of Milwaukee where his wife worked. There, Mr. Haughton opened fire at the spa’s pedicure station, law enforcement officials said, and kept shooting until he had killed his wife and two women she worked with and injured four other women. He then killed himself

Can you point out how the failed bill would have addressed private fire arm purchases ? You already failed with this one in another thread.

BS I didn't say lives were not important, but we can't save everyone. Do you really want to live in a place where the cops can prevent every possible crime, can you imagine the police state that would require? You need to grow the hell up, there is no utopia on earth where more than one human occupies the same area. True utopia can only be found in solitude, and that can get boring as hell.

I've not said any of those things actually. I was pointing out that some felons now do get caught trying to buy a gun and that his probably saves a few lives. I guess you think felons should be able to buy guns?

First of all, it's individuals. Secondly, why did you not answer my question? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, I guess they are pro gun sales regardless of who they are too?

I guess your not going to answer the question. Surprising. Great debating skills you have. They seem to be similar to your spelling.

They are better then your deflection skills. You cant point out how the failure of Bamma even addressed the issue of private sales. You are a light weight.

Can you point out how the failed bill would have addressed private fire arm purchases ? You already failed with this one in another thread.

He stated no background check would have made a difference. I am merely stating that if we had ones for individual sales that there seems to be some examples where it might have stopped a killer. I didn't say this bill would have or that this bill was even good.

No life has ever been lost in the driving of my car. Funny how they keep trying to make them safer though isn't it? I guess if there is a problem you should work to fixing it.
It's not about your car, Dudley....It's about saving just one life.

Don't get out of bed tomorrow....The life you save may be your own.

They are better then your deflection skills. You cant point out how the failure of Bamma even addressed the issue of private sales. You are a light weight.

Says the guy who won't even answer questions... :cuckoo:

It's not about your car, Dudley....It's about saving just one life.

Don't get out of bed tomorrow....The life you save may be your own.

So I guess you would just get rid of all laws?

Says the guy who cant answer any questions. Just another light weight.

please tell me who is going to grab my guns. What a crok. I've had my 11 firearms for a long time. Nobody is after my guns. After this year, no more NRA membership.

I take it you failed to read Feinsteins' bill that she spent two years working on?

Says the guy who cant answer any questions. Just another light weight.

Copying me. I must be some kind of hero to you. But I guess anyone who can come up with a complete thought probably is.

He stated no background check would have made a difference. I am merely stating that if we had ones for individual sales that there seems to be some examples where it might have stopped a killer. I didn't say this bill would have or that this bill was even good.

I missed this, and you did address it, my bad. See, this bill was a political stunt and nothing more. If they would have really wanted to get something done they would have pushed for legislation that regulated private sales, and they would have addressed our "people" problems. They did not and I would bet my next three pay checks that it cost them in 2014.

Just so that we're completely clear...

Anyone who was against this bill does not have the right to say another word about "Fast and Furious". Ever. Again. (BULLSHIT !!!!)

I'm a gun owner, (PROVE IT !!) a supporter of open carry laws, (PROVE IT !!) and a I'm against any kind of assault weapon ban... (ONCE MORE, PROVE IT !!)
But this one was a no-brainer.

i have been a gun owner for 65 years, i bought my very first "high power" rifle when i was 16 y.o. and the only paperwork was the $25.00 i handed the dealer and he handed me a receipt !!! you people have infringed on my rights since that ultra stupid 1968 ANTI GUN LAW !!

what part of "shall not be infringed" do you libertards NOT understand ??????

oooh, BTW, that rifle never killed any human while in my possession.., gimme a fucking break :up:

Forum List

Back