Expanded background checks fails in Senate

They gave into a loud minority. I have talked to a lot of people and everyone except for a small minority supports more background checks. It's definitely going to be another minus for republicans come election time. I don't think they could afford anymore.

If you believe in something and it's a good thing why must you lie about it?

Well I hope your right. Something tells me they are just bought and paid for by the gun companies and the nra. But for the sake of the country I hope that is why they voted that way. I can't imagine what is wrong with more background checks however and it will be a pretty easy political point for the Dems.

I find it funny that people argue so hard for something they have never read. Tell us what parts of the bill you agreed with or disagreed with if any.

If you believe in something and it's a good thing why must you lie about it?

Well I hope your right. Something tells me they are just bought and paid for by the gun companies and the nra. But for the sake of the country I hope that is why they voted that way. I can't imagine what is wrong with more background checks however and it will be a pretty easy political point for the Dems.

I find it funny that people argue so hard for something they have never read. Tell us what parts of the bill you agreed with or disagreed with if any.

I'm not arguing anything other than I think it will cost them a lot of votes. I don't know if the bill was good or bad. But it's clear that polically it will look like the republicans don't care about lives and do the bidding of the NRA. I believe the bill was worked on by a republican, so it was a bad political move for them if it was a bad bill.

this is something 90+ americans wanted.

who exactly does the republican party represent?

do they actually think they can cheat enough in elections to thwart 90% of the peoples votes?

...and Obamacare is something that over 70% of Americans did NOT want....and they got it shoved down their throats by assholes like Nancy "we'll have to pass the bill to see what's in it" Pelosi and Harry "fuck what the people want" Reid.

Kiss my money makin' ass!

do they actually think they can cheat enough in elections to thwart 90% of the peoples votes?

...and Obamacare is something that over 70% of Americans did NOT want....and they got it shoved down their throats by assholes like Nancy "we'll have to pass the bill to see what's in it" Pelosi and Harry "fuck what the people want" Reid.

This sums up my feelings also.:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I'm not arguing anything other than I think it will cost them a lot of votes. I don't know if the bill was good or bad. But it's clear that polically it will look like the republicans don't care about lives and do the bidding of the NRA. I believe the bill was worked on by a republican, so it was a bad political move for them if it was a bad bill.

Any politician worth is salt can explain a no vote on a bad bill, hell I'm not a politician and I could write a 15 second spot that would make this one a non-issue, simply because it contained similar provisions found unconstitutional in previous legislation.

There is probably a difference between voting for something that is supposed to help people and voting against something that is supposed to save lives. Now I'm not sure obama care will do that or that this bill would have been effective, but it doesn't look good for republicans to be anti saving lives. Which is how I assume it will get spun politically.

That's what I keep saying they always come back to take more and more.

When was the last time anything was taken that stood?

nice straw man
Gun grabbers haven't went away since clintons assault weapons ban.
And at the state level many citizens have in fact lost their rights to keep and bear arms.

I'm not sure you answered my question. I guess we are talking on a federal level. So when was the last time?

There is probably a difference between voting for something that is supposed to help people and voting against something that is supposed to save lives. Now I'm not sure obama care will do that or that this bill would have been effective, but it doesn't look good for republicans to be anti saving lives. Which is how I assume it will get spun politically.
how many people have been killed in gun free zones?
How many people were killed in mass shootings during clinton's assault weapons ban?
Does gun control work?

please tell me who is going to grab my guns. What a crok. I've had my 11 firearms for a long time. Nobody is after my guns. After this year, no more NRA membership.

how many people have been killed in gun free zones?
How many people were killed in mass shootings during clinton's assault weapons ban?
Does gun control work?

Well the machine gun ban seems to work. Clinton's assault weapons ban would have required a lot of time to really work given how many were out there. I suspect more people are killed in gun zones than gun free zones. But does it work is sure something that can be debated.

Forum List

Back