Expanded background checks fails in Senate

Several of the purchasers were found to have been previously convicted on drug charges. Feel free to research it yourself.

Nope.

ONE person had previously been arrested on a drug charge, and then released because he was a DEA informant.

Again, that's arrested, not convicted.

Thus he was still legally able to purchase a weapon at a gun shop.

So if the 90% who supported these measures vote their conscious, the GOP is in trouble...

May the NRA be with you.

Because reason is gone.

What a shame...it was only background checks. Apparently that was too much to ask.

Wrong, did you bother to read the bill? There were mandates on states, with a threat of loss of existing funds for failure to comply. That little tactic was ruled unconstitutional in the Maobamacare decision. There were other provisions also, not just background checks.

So if the 90% who supported these measures vote their conscious, the GOP is in trouble...

Just like the last election they are catering to the minority. I will be surprised if it goes well for them.

Been going to gun shows since the 70s. They've been around long before that. Their popularity has nothing to do with the fact that criminals do not obtain their firearms at gun shows. They steal them, get them on the black market, or acquire them from a fellow thug.

Sorry if the truth doesn't fit your agenda.

Not sure what "Agenda" you're referring to. Again, I own guns and think all law-abiding, sane citizens should also own them.

How exactly do you think guns end up on "the Black Market"? What do you think the black market is, exactly? Some magical land where elves sell stolen goods?

People selling things through private sales without documentation? That IS the "black market".

The fact is that 85% of weapons that are used in violent crimes have been sold privately, without documentation, at least once.

Riiiight. A "friend" of the criminal is going to obey existing laws...and if he doesn't, he will CERTAINLY obey a new one...:cuckoo:

Let's say you're a criminal.

If the legislation had passed then if your "friend" sold you a weapon, and you were a criminal, than he would have committed a crime, and could have been punished for it. Thus making your "friend" not want to sell you the weapon.

As it is now, your "friend" can sell you the weapon and not have to worry about shit.

Of course he doesn't obey the law. He can't be prosecuted for breaking it.

WTF does he care?

only 90% don't support it, which is why these congressmen were hammered with calls and letters telling them not to support it.

r-GUN-VOTE-SPLASH-BW-huge.jpg

Spineless TRAITORS!!!!!

Gun Bill Background Check Amendment Fails, Other Key Provisions To Follow

May the NRA be with you.

Because reason is gone.

What a shame...it was only background checks. Apparently that was too much to ask.

yea it is too much to ask, too much has already been taken. the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. the right is already infringed by a host of ridiculous laws. the last thing we need is another one. you know how you feel about your rights being infringed yet you are so quick to allow the rights of others be trampled

only 90% don't support it, which is why these congressmen were hammered with calls and letters telling them not to support it.

They gave into a loud minority. I have talked to a lot of people and everyone except for a small minority supports more background checks. It's definitely going to be another minus for republicans come election time. I don't think they could afford anymore.

yea it is too much to ask, too much has already been taken. the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. the right is already infringed by a host of ridiculous laws. the last thing we need is another one. you know how you feel about your rights being infringed yet you are so quick to allow the rights of others be trampled

Perhaps you can point out where the second amendment mentions anything about a "right" to resell arms to known madmen and criminals.

You can be sure as hell that they are not generally considered to be candidates for any militia.

There is a long history in this nation of depriving certain rights to madmen and criminals in order to protect society. Most notably their right to not be locked up in a cell.

Do you feel that the Bill of Rights must apply equally to Child Rapists and Serial Killers?

They gave into a loud minority. I have talked to a lot of people and everyone except for a small minority supports more background checks. It's definitely going to be another minus for republicans come election time. I don't think they could afford anymore.

If you believe in something and it's a good thing why must you lie about it?

If you believe in something and it's a good thing why must you lie about it?

Well I hope your right. Something tells me they are just bought and paid for by the gun companies and the nra. But for the sake of the country I hope that is why they voted that way. I can't imagine what is wrong with more background checks however and it will be a pretty easy political point for the Dems.

Forum List

Back