Experts warn store prices will soar and shelves will be empty as greedy dockworkers strike over 80% pay raise

You guys are all in with the doom and gloom. I guess we kind of own the positive vibe so I guess you always take the opposite approach. We go high you go low.

What sucks is if Trump wins and the unemployment number goes down even .001%, he will claim he's the greatest of all time.
Hyperbole is Trump's native tongue.

That's ten percent a year
They must know something you don't. How much do their CEO's make?

The Economic Policy Institute (EPI) reported that CEO pay in the United States has increased by 1,322% since 1978, which is much higher than the 18% increase in typical worker compensation during the same period

This is the beauty of being in a union. They get a seat at the table. They have some power.

Maybe they'll settle for 5% a year.

Does anyone know who owns these ports? I suspect they are Chinese companies because in the Bush years they were buying up all our ports.

Who isn't endorsing her at this point. It's why he stands no chance. Only his die hard supporters are left.
You're forgetting that the lack of presence in the recent natural disaster, the ongoing port strike, the ongoing and escalating war in the Middle East and the unrest with Iran will be hitting the fan .. and it will be glorious to watch. :popcorn:

You're forgetting that the lack of presence in the recent natural disaster, the ongoing port strike, the ongoing and escalating war in the Middle East and the unrest with Iran will be hitting the fan .. and it will be glorious to watch. :popcorn:

If the rich want to sabotage the labor party and you fall for it, then you get what you deserve.

The Oil companies for sure want Trump. They should raise gas prices to $10 hr this month.

If the rich want to sabotage the labor party and you fall for it, then you get what you deserve.

The Oil companies for sure want Trump. They should raise gas prices to $10 hr this month.
It has nothing to do with me .. but it's going to fuck with Kamala's campaign in the last month. :auiqs.jpg:

It has nothing to do with me .. but it's going to fuck with Kamala's campaign in the last month. :auiqs.jpg:
Lucky for us Trump is hanging himself at these rallies.

‘Not normal’: Social media reacts after Trump makes bizarre comments about a fly he’s bothered by on stage​

Former President Donald Trump expressed his frustration over a fly that approached his lectern in a bizarre moment during a rally speech.

Trump was on stage at Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin, making a point about a hat, when he appeared to get distracted by the creature.

“Oh there’s a fly,” the former president said. “I wonder where the fly came from?”

One audience member shouted out “Kamala.”

Trump continued: “See, two years ago, I wouldn’t have had a fly up here. You’re changing rapidly. We can’t take it any longer.” It wasn’t clear who or what the president was referring to before he changed the subject.

The internet was quick to react

Meanwhile, American Bridge 21st Century, who describe themselves an a Republican accountability group, said: “Trump is exhausted and struggling to stay on track. He begins a story about a hat, but gets distracted by a fly and never finishes. He starts a entirely new story and struggles with the word “unique.”

Many others drew the comparison between Trump and former Vice President Mike Pence, after a fly landed on the latter’s head and remained there for almost two minutes during his 2020 debate with Kamala Harris.

He continued to blame Harris and President Joe Biden for the influx of migrants coming into the country, and claimed some of them wanted to “rape, pillage, thieve, plunder and kill the people of the United States of America.” In fact, a 2024 study conducted by researchers at Northwestern University found immigrants have never been incarcerated at a greater rate than people born in the United States over an 150-year period.

While speaking at her own news conference from the border, Harris vowed to fix the country’s “broken immigration system” and accused the former president of “fanning the flames of fear and division”.

Willie Horton anyone?

Lucky for us Trump is hanging himself at these rallies.

‘Not normal’: Social media reacts after Trump makes bizarre comments about a fly he’s bothered by on stage​

Former President Donald Trump expressed his frustration over a fly that approached his lectern in a bizarre moment during a rally speech.

Trump was on stage at Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin, making a point about a hat, when he appeared to get distracted by the creature.

“Oh there’s a fly,” the former president said. “I wonder where the fly came from?”

One audience member shouted out “Kamala.”

Trump continued: “See, two years ago, I wouldn’t have had a fly up here. You’re changing rapidly. We can’t take it any longer.” It wasn’t clear who or what the president was referring to before he changed the subject.

The internet was quick to react

Meanwhile, American Bridge 21st Century, who describe themselves an a Republican accountability group, said: “Trump is exhausted and struggling to stay on track. He begins a story about a hat, but gets distracted by a fly and never finishes. He starts a entirely new story and struggles with the word “unique.”

Many others drew the comparison between Trump and former Vice President Mike Pence, after a fly landed on the latter’s head and remained there for almost two minutes during his 2020 debate with Kamala Harris.

He continued to blame Harris and President Joe Biden for the influx of migrants coming into the country, and claimed some of them wanted to “rape, pillage, thieve, plunder and kill the people of the United States of America.” In fact, a 2024 study conducted by researchers at Northwestern University found immigrants have never been incarcerated at a greater rate than people born in the United States over an 150-year period.

While speaking at her own news conference from the border, Harris vowed to fix the country’s “broken immigration system” and accused the former president of “fanning the flames of fear and division”.

Willie Horton anyone?
The east and gulf coast ports are closed down, which bring in ~50% of imported goods, and each day of closure will cost $5B and severely disrupt supply chains with an outcome of limited goods -- including little Johnny's Christmas gifts. Biden has the authority to force them to work and Biden / Harris did nothing in response except offer thoughts and prayers.

That's all you got is euphemisms about flies while the economy will be severely impacted if the strike lasts any duration of time?

The east and gulf coast ports are closed down, which bring in ~50% of imported goods, and each day of closure will cost $5B and severely disrupt supply chains with an outcome of limited goods -- including little Johnny's Christmas gifts. Biden has the authority to force them to work and Biden / Harris did nothing in response except offer thoughts and prayers.

That's all you got is euphemisms about flies while the economy will be severely impacted if the strike lasts any duration of time?
They need to stay out of it. Let the unions and Chinese companies who own those ports work it out.

Hey, if you want the middle class fixed, you have to support the unions. Labor.

The President should stay out of strikes. Other than support the workers.

Has anyone answered my question? Who are these port owners? Do we even know? They are represented by this non profit but no one is saying who owns these ports.

God you sure hope the shit hits the fan huh? October Surprise?

But don't forget how Trump handled his crisis. He ignored covid like it was the dinner check.
Who has said anything of the sort? This is not good for America and let’s hope there is no strike.

I remember Trump's tariffs to China in 2019 cost me big. USMB Republicans said I would have to take the hit for Trump to bring jobs back home.

Well, you're going to have to take this hit. Not because Trump started a trade war but because workers are insisting on raises. This is great for the middle class. But you're going to have to take this hit.

And unlike Trump, the workers here are going to win. Trump did not win. He just cost me money in 2019.

Who owns these ports?

The strike of over 50,000 workers at ports along the East Coast and Texas comes after the just-expired master contract with the United States Maritime Alliance, or USMX. Workers are striking over wages, technology, and other issues.

Who does the USMX represent? Wouldn't you like to know? I would.

Forum List

Back