Experts warn store prices will soar and shelves will be empty as greedy dockworkers strike over 80% pay raise

Give those workers $1 more an hour. They want $4 hr raise. The company says no, $3. So if the port shuts down, it's the owners fault.

Who are the owners? They are represented by USMX. A non profit. But who are the owners? We'd like to take a closer look at their finances. I bet they are mafia. So either pay up or we will expose you.
USMX Is Powerful Enough to Have Created the Outsourcing Rape of America

They need to stay out of it. Let the unions and Chinese companies who own those ports work it out.

Hey, if you want the middle class fixed, you have to support the unions. Labor.

The President should stay out of strikes. Other than support the workers.

Has anyone answered my question? Who are these port owners? Do we even know? They are represented by this non profit but no one is saying who owns these ports.
I'm not in it .. just communicating how it will fuck the economy if it goes any length of time.

You are easily manipulated but that's no surprise. Look how quickly you want to waive the white flag in Ukraine.
What have I said about Ukraine? And yes, you have to quote ME, not somebody else and no hyperventilating headlines. You claimed I said something, QUOTE IT.

USMX Is Powerful Enough to Have Created the Outsourcing Rape of America

Look what us liberals were saying about this when Bush was selling our ports to China and Dubai

The Dubai Ports World deal is waking Americans up to a painful reality: So-called "conservatives" and "flat world" globalists have bankrupted our nation for their own bag of silver, and in the process are selling off America.

Through a combination of the "Fast Track" authority pushed for by Reagan and GHW Bush, sweetheart trade deals involving "most favored nation status" for dictatorships like China, and Clinton pushing us into NAFTA and the WTO (via GATT), we've abandoned the principles of tariff-based trade that built American industry and kept us strong for over 200 years.

The old concept was that if there was a dollar's worth of labor in a pair of shoes made in the USA, and somebody wanted to import shoes from China where there may only be ten cents worth of labor in those shoes, we'd level the playing field for labor by putting a 90-cent import tariff on each pair of shoes. Companies could choose to make their products here or overseas, but the ultimate cost of labor would be the same.

Then came the flat-worlders, led by misguided true believers and promoted by multinational corporations. Do away with those tariffs, they said, because they "restrain trade." Let everything in, and tax nothing. The result has been an explosion of cheap goods coming into our nation, and the loss of millions of good manufacturing jobs and thousands of manufacturing companies. Entire industry sectors have been wiped out.

These policies have kneecapped the American middle class. Our nation's largest employer has gone from being the unionized General Motors to the poverty-wages Wal-Mart. Americans have gone from having a net savings rate around 10 percent in the 1970s to a minus .5 percent in 2005 - meaning that they're going into debt or selling off their assets just to maintain their lifestyle.

What have I said about Ukraine? And yes, you have to quote ME, not somebody else and no hyperventilating headlines. You claimed I said something, QUOTE IT.
I don't care about you. You guys. All the cons on this board. I lump you together. Now get over yourself.

I knew it!

The maritime alliance represents the major shipping lines, all of which are foreign owned

So you cock suckers are siding with Chinese business owners who own our ports. I KNEW IT!!!
Are you high or are you stupid? No one is wanting a long strike at all, we don’t want inflation. Now prove that I am siding with he Chinese on anything, or we will know you are still a lying dishonest partisan clown.

Libbies all tingly excited about bringing America to its knees again. It more fair for everyone to suffer and be non productive since they are

God you sure hope the shit hits the fan huh? October Surprise?

But don't forget how Trump handled his crisis. He ignored covid like it was the dinner check.
Here is some startling news for you. Don't forget who is pretending to be president and what party they occupy.

They must know something you don't. How much do their CEO's make?

The Economic Policy Institute (EPI) reported that CEO pay in the United States has increased by 1,322% since 1978, which is much higher than the 18% increase in typical worker compensation during the same period

This is the beauty of being in a union. They get a seat at the table. They have some power.

Maybe they'll settle for 5% a year.

Does anyone know who owns these ports? I suspect they are Chinese companies because in the Bush years they were buying up all our ports.

You’re not too bright I see. How many Longshoremen are there in this union and how many CEO’s? Maybe these skilled workers should’ve tried harder to become a CEO if they wanted to make all that money. You pay how many workers $4/hr extra a year for 7 straight years multiplied by each and every single worker I guarantee you that would cripple these companies. Union leaders are very bad at the concept of wages I see

You’re not too bright I see. How many Longshoremen are there in this union and how many CEO’s? Maybe these skilled workers should’ve tried harder to become a CEO if they wanted to make all that money. You pay how many workers $4/hr extra a year for 7 straight years multiplied by each and every single worker I guarantee you that would cripple these companies. Union leaders are very bad at the concept of wages I see
Libs feel that employees should be better off than owners. They know Nothing of the costs and risk to start and run a business which is why they talk like children about it.

Forum List

Back