Explain to us Libs, what is a living wage?

Aussies now at FIFTEEN, NZ at 13- Very happy, profitable countries- plenty of DEMAND. Voodoo suqs.

No the Aussie consumer isn't very happy. Because they know that despite there dollar being worth basically what ours is, the exact same products in Australia cost more than they do in the U.S.

Oh BS> The min wage is $15 and they have 6 week vacations. And you're a corporate tool. And good night. LOL

You know you really shouldn't call BS on things that one can very easily prove. Go ahead and look up a few common household items and compare what an Australian has to pay for them vs. an American and come back and tell me I'm wrong. I think you'll find that on avg. the exact same product sells for about 25%-30% more in Australia than it does in the U.S.

Last edited:
Basically the Self proclaiming conservative here are demanding that people make less money and oh by the way they must also pay taxes so billionaires don't have to, too.

Gee! I wonder if that's going to make the USA a better place to live?

Um no that isn't what anyone is saying here. Not even close. Your intellectual dishonesty is right up there with JRK.

How exactly is insisting that an employer is not responsible for providing for someone's basic needs the same as saying we want everyone to make less than they do now?

I also have yet to see the issue of what taxes the poor should pay (if any) even come up yet in this thread.

Aussies now at FIFTEEN, NZ at 13- Very happy, profitable countries- plenty of DEMAND. Voodoo suqs.

The top tax rate is 25% higher than it was in 1988.
Our corporate tax rates are the highest in the world.
Where are the jobs?

BS. and way too low, ruining the country.
Not after the loopholes.
Being blocked by Pubs.

You are full of shit. Republicans called for an up or down vote on Dear Leader's jobs bill. DEMOCRATIC MAJORITY LEADER Harry Reid cast the deciding vote against the jobs bill. The jobs are being blocked by the dems. You can stick your head up your ass all you want to ignore the facts, but the facts are still the facts.

Basically the Self proclaiming conservative here are demanding that people make less money and oh by the way they must also pay taxes so billionaires don't have to, too.

Is idiocy your nature or do you have to work at it?

He's a Born Natural.

People on the bottom rung pay no taxes. My plan changes that
Billionaries have little to do with this issue, really nothing

It is about wellfare, medicare and mdicade and how we get the millions who work every day on these programs off of them while lowering the taxes and the deficit at the same time
what Bern and others have missed here is this is not about giving any body any-thing. It is about resolving multiple issues that we have no choice in resolving any more

He's a Born Natural.

It is about wellfare, medicare and mdicade and how we get the millions who work every day on these programs off of them while lowering the taxes and the deficit at the same time
what Bern and others have missed here is this is not about giving any body any-thing. It is about resolving multiple issues that we have no choice in resolving any more

I thought this thread was a question to libs about what a "living wage" was?

He's a Born Natural.

No one missed a thing JRK. We still remain in agreement about having the same goal. The contention also remains the same. Your solution does not solve that problem and is morally bankrupt.

A. For the trillionth time, the poor pay as much %wise to the gov't as the rich, dittoheads.
B. STILL $11, equivalent of 1968 min wage. Bring back demand, Myopic (racist?) tools of the greedy rich.

He's a Born Natural.

I thought this thread was a question to libs about what a "living wage" was?

It was, as I did DD on the events in Australia in my world it evolved. I was part of the crowd that thought it was just another lib spam
To them it is. part of what I do for a living is resolve issues that come into a planned event.
Using the 5 whys I came to here from trying to understand what the lib calls a living wage. To them none of this would have been part of it, but one did reply to me the events and wages in Australia. I thought how could they do that and have a lower corporate tax rate than us
this was my conclusion

A. For the trillionth time, the poor pay as much %wise to the gov't as the rich, dittoheads.
B. STILL $11, equivalent of 1968 min wage. Bring back demand, Myopic (racist?) tools of the greedy rich.

You're still full of shit. Percent wise, the top 1% pay 39% of federal income taxes. Of the other 99%, 47% pay 0% of federal income taxes. Who isn't paying their "fair share"?

He's a Born Natural.

No one missed a thing JRK. We still remain in agreement about having the same goal. The contention also remains the same. Your solution does not solve that problem and is morally bankrupt.

Bern paying people a fair wage for a fair days work is not working. Paying that same person a good wage for a good days work needs to be tried
what is not moral about that?

And please give us the detail as to how cutting a corporate tax 150 billion in exchange for raising the minimum wage 150 billion will not work?

Bern paying people a fair wage for a fair days work is not working. Paying that same person a good wage for a good days work needs to be tried

And please give us the detail as to how cutting a corporate tax 150 billion in exchange for raising the minimum wage 150 billion will not work?

Jobs have value which the free market determines. Some jobs are not worth what the government might determine is a "fair wage". It's as simple as that. Force an employer to pay that wage and he might not be able to stay in business.

You're still full of shit. Percent wise, the top 1% pay 39% of federal income taxes. Of the other 99%, 47% pay 0% of federal income taxes. Who isn't paying their "fair share"?

Corporations only collect taxes, they pay 0. I am a big Rush fan my-self. By the numbers it is true, but he knows as well as I do corporations pay 0 taxes. As far as perosnal income that statement is probably true
I just want to make sure as this debate evolves that every-one never lose sight of that. The person who is getting harmed with a lower minimum wage is you and I, not the corprorations
If we cut the rate they collect from us 40% and pay those under 14 an hour, 14. We could change 12.5 million peoples lives as well as get them off of the welfare wagon.
Job creation, wealth creation and the consumer would benefit by not having there taxes rasied to resolve these issues

I have been told by some that tax cuts are not a conservative idea, that is confusing

Corporations only collect taxes, they pay 0. I am a big Rush fan my-self. By the numbers it is true, but he knows as well as I do corporations pay 0 taxes. As far as perosnal income that statement is probably true
I just want to make sure as this debate evolves that every-one never lose sight of that. The person who is getting harmed with a lower minimum wage is you and I, not the corprorations
If we cut the rate they collect from us 40% and pay those under 14 an hour, 14. We could change 12.5 million peoples lives as well as get them off of the welfare wagon.
Job creation, wealth creation and the consumer would benefit by not having there taxes rasied to resolve these issues

I have been told by some that tax cuts are not a conservative idea, that is confusing

You do realize that the majority of jobs in the US are in small businesses and are not in corporations don't you?

You do realize that the majority of jobs in the US are in small businesses and are not in corporations don't you?

They still pay taxes on profits that business makes. I am not sure a LLC would pay. If you google it, it goes straight to corporate tax rates

Some very small LLCs would be pinched by this, there is no doubt
LLCs that have very few employees would be harmed to some degree. How much and how many?

Now i am talking a restaurant that has 4-6 people working there, A garbage disposal that is in a small town that has an owner and 2 employees

Most LLCs that have 20+ people would have a bare cost that would not effect them much. there would be enough making over12-14 that the bare composite rate would not be raised that much.
Its like a owner takes a 52,000 a year salary with 2 employees eho make 20,000 a year on a 40 hour week
Thats a bare labor rate of 14.74 an hour.
your bare on those 2 goes from 10 to 14 on labor would not be offfseted by a corporate tax cut of 40% probably. That is a fact

Where the largest hit would be would be in your local and state govt. See what Bacon Davis does is it pays a salary with 0 benifits.
This idea would have to have those cost added for it to work to your local and state employees, really all employees
if your bare rate was 12 an hour with health ins provided, that cost would go towards your wage
Most people in the private secotor who make 10 an hour have 0 benefits
Legacy cost would have to be part of that pay rate set forth as a minimum wage or this would never work any-way and I would be dead against it

ins
retirement
vacation
sic days
etc.... would have to towards your minimum wage calculation

A living wage must include these items, as they are part of the problem I would be trying to resolve
Medicare and Medicade is nothing but ins. Typically health ins cost me about 2.50 an hour when I pay 100% of it (@40 hours)
you make 10 an hour, your ins. is provided, you rate is 12.50 an hour

It isn't working because you have an unreasonable expectation. You are expecting an outcome from a transaction that was never meant nor should be meant to to produce the outcome you want. Your employer is a buyer, just like you are a buyer. What he is buying is your labor and he is paying you what it is worth to him. What you need to live on has exactly ZERO to do with what your compensation is. it is analgous to a quote from Einstein.

"Everyone is a genius, but if you grade a fish on it's ability to climb a tree, it's going to feel stupid all it's life." You are expecting an outcome of an employer it never had any intention of explicitly providing. Granted it happens for most as a byproduct. But no one goes into business for the purpose of providing for someone elses needs. But you expect that of them anyway and as such are a failure in your eyes. But the issue isn't there failure in your goals. The issue is you demaning an outcome from something that was never meant to produce that outcome.

So here more specifically is what isn't working and maybe then you will see what the actual solution is. What isn't working is expecting that getting a job, ANY job is going to provide you enough to live on. It doesn't work that way because in the financial transacton of compensation between employer and employee your employer is not concerned with what you need to live on. He/she is concerned with the value of what he is purchasing (your skills). If the value of your skills turn out to be less than what you can live on than what needs to change is YOU, not how much your employer pays you. YOU need to figure out what you need to to do to make enough to live on. It is NOT government's job to give you or make your employer give you enough to take care of yourself.

The problem is assuming such an exchange would happen. The only way it would is if you actially mandate both of those things. 1)Make all employers pay a living wage and 2) cut the corporate tax rate. Because simply instituting one is not going to change the other. Cutting the corprate tax rate isn't going to make a job that was once worth $8.00/hr now worth $12.00/hour

Last edited:

Horse patoot, Rush. Rich pay about 20% in the real world, while payroll taxes add up to more than income taxes for the first time, not to mention property, gas, and the ridiculous fees these days.... Change the channel and stop repeating BS Pubspin.

Forum List

Back