Explain to us Libs, what is a living wage?

No, the government cannot mandate that employees are worth less.
A lower corporate tax rate is a conservative idea.
A "living wage" is a liberal idea.

When they set the minimum wage of 7.75 an hour, they did just that
a living wage is a human being idea

A minimum wage is a minimum, not a maximum.
How many workers earn minimum wage?
Why settle for $12 or $15?
Why not make the living wage $100 an hour?
So we can all be in the top 5% of wage earners.

I listen to Rush also
whats your solution to our debt problem?
how do we stop you and I from paying all of these taxes?
Where are we going to cut the federal budget?

you want to cut the military budget or entitlement programs?

I have never claimed a dollar amount over 13.00. By the way Australia is doing this @ 15.00 an hour. it is a huge success
there dollar is with-in 4 pennies of ours

I would not debate this if you who think it is the end of the world would come up with one idea to lower our welfare cost by 150-300 billion next year, maybe more
stop telling me how wrong I am and start telling me how we are going to fix this deficit problem
this is all this is ABOUT WITH ME

Last edited:
No, the government cannot mandate that employees are worth less.
A lower corporate tax rate is a conservative idea.
A "living wage" is a liberal idea.

Very constructive Rushbot. Nothing will be done until after the Pub recession and pub paralysis.

I confess at the outset that I have not read the other 986 posts in this thread, nor am I likely to.

A living wage can only be explained in terms of the individual. Some people couldn't live on $1000/day. They are wasteful and appreciate nothing. My mother could live in a flat rock. Whatever she had, ever how little, was a living wage and then some. The supreme tragedy of her life was that she never had the opportunity to be a financier. Because she could have. My daughter is just like her. She has just come off a 2 year stint of no job and having a baby. She is a Dave Ramsey girl and coupon queen to the depth of her soul. I have never seen so much abundance as she is able to produce having gone from DINK to managing on just her husband's take home.

Last edited:

I listen to Rush also
whats your solution to our debt problem?
how do we stop you and I from paying all of these taxes?
Where are we going to cut the federal budget?

you want to cut the military budget or entitlement programs?

I have never claimed a dollar amount over 13.00. By the way Australia is doing this @ 15.00 an hour. it is a huge success
there dollar is with-in 4 pennies of ours

I would not debate this if you who think it is the end of the world would come up with one idea to lower our welfare cost by 150-300 billion next year, maybe more
stop telling me how wrong I am and start telling me how we are going to fix this deficit problem
this is all this is ABOUT WITH ME

The solution to our debt problems?
Stop spending so much money.
Entitlements need to be reformed, now!
If you want to raise more government funds, open up more land for drilling.
Cut stupid government regulations by 50% this year. 50% next year too.

If you want to reduce welfare costs, deport 10 or 12 million illegals.
That'll also reduce our medical costs, education costs, law enforcement and prison costs.
It'll open up million of jobs for workers at the lower end of the income scale.

Very constructive Rushbot. Nothing will be done until after the Pub recession and pub paralysis.

Obama, where are the jobs?

I confess at the outset that I have not read the other 986 posts in this thread, nor am I likely to.

A living wage can only be explained in terms of the individual. Some people couldn't live on $1000/day. They are wasteful and appreciate nothing. My mother could live in a flat rock. Whatever she had, ever how little, was a living wage and then some. The supreme tragedy of her life was that she never had the opportunity to be a financier. Because she could have. My daughter is just like her. She has just come off a 2 year sting of no job and having a baby. She is a Dave Ramsey girl and coupon queen to the depth of her soul. I have never seen so much abundance as she is able to produce having gone from DINK to managing on just her husband's take home.

Good for her. I started this thread as a question. As it grew I had a response stating what Australia is doing
It changed the way I looked at this issue for ever and at the same time relaized by raising the minimum wage to lets say 13.00 an hour by cutting corporate tax rates by 40% (On the 07 budget) we could pay 20 million people that wage that was making 8 the year before and would have a balanced budget in 2007 (within 13 billion)
Thats all there is to it

less govt
more welath
less taxes for the consumer to pay
more welath for theose on the bottom to live on, taking many of them off of welfare/medicare and Medicade

And yes, I want the USA to be like Oz, after this latest Pub Obscenity of an economy. Amazing how much happier and less violent and stupid everyone gets.

crossing my fingres?
cossing my fingers?

to start with we have a minimum wage now, its the reason there is a problem as it is below the level the govt sets for that person to pay any income tax as well as it allows that person to get govt benifits, my plan fixes both in most cases

company makes 100,000 in profit, pays 25,000 in tax on avg
my plan they pay about 15,000
thats a savings of 10,000 in taxes

Now let me explain to you how this works
120 a week extra cost in wages
52 weeks means that company has enough money to go from 8.00 an hour to 12 for 2 people
or
4 people from 10-12 an hour

A company that makes 100,000 in profit a year is very small. Bern this were you give your self away every time as to how little you understand how business works, there is no guessing in this bud
lets do this. for every employee a company has that it can produce evidence that it had 20 employees that went from 8 to 12 an hour it would get dollar for dollar a tax break? DO you relize GWB proposed this in 06? (not my eaxct idea, but the same in general)
Bush said at a Wednesday news conference that any pay hike should be accompanied by tax and regulatory relief for small businesses, potentially a tough sell for Democrats, who are about to reassume control of the House and Senate.
Bush links minimum wage to tax break - USATODAY.com

Still think this a lib fix?

Of course it's liberal. Using government to tell a private business not only what they have to pay people, but that it is a business' responsibility to care of their employees needs is as liberal a concept as it gets. That is an entitlement and it is YOU arguing for said entitlement, not me.

Bern we are going to keep it the way it is just for you. when well-fare cost hit 1 trillion and Obama rasies corporate tax rates just for you so we can pay for it.
Keep telling yourslef it is a liberal idea, Okay?

actually well-fare cost in all relaity has hit the 1 trillion mark, lets go for 2

What principles of conservatism are present in your solution of using government to make a business provide for the basic needs of their employees?

Conservatism is about personal accountability. Your solution holds individuals LESS accountable.

Conservatism is about limited government. Your solution INCREASES government regulation upon business.

Conservatism is about protecting freedom and the right to make your own decision. Your solution takes that freedom away from business and restricts the options of prospective employees in the future.

Aussies now at FIFTEEN, NZ at 13- Very happy, profitable countries- plenty of DEMAND. Voodoo suqs.

No the Aussie consumer isn't very happy. Because they know that despite there dollar being worth basically what ours is, the exact same products in Australia cost more than they do in the U.S.

A living wage can only be explained in terms of the individual. Some people couldn't live on $1000/day. They are wasteful and appreciate nothing. My mother could live in a flat rock. Whatever she had, ever how little, was a living wage and then some. The supreme tragedy of her life was that she never had the opportunity to be a financier. Because she could have. My daughter is just like her. She has just come off a 2 year sting of no job and having a baby. She is a Dave Ramsey girl and coupon queen to the depth of her soul. I have never seen so much abundance as she is able to produce having gone from DINK to managing on just her husband's take home.

Good for her. I started this thread as a question. As it grew I had a response stating what Australia is doing
It changed the way I looked at this issue for ever and at the same time relaized by raising the minimum wage to lets say 13.00 an hour by cutting corporate tax rates by 40% (On the 07 budget) we could pay 20 million people that wage that was making 8 the year before and would have a balanced budget in 2007 (within 13 billion)
Thats all there is to it

less govt adding new laws is more govt, not less[/red]
more welath[red] in relative terms no, because the cost of everything else goes up with it.....like it has in Australia[/red]
[red]less taxes for the consumer to pay[/red] no because the people who's wages are going to go up are going to be offset by the people that are going to lose their jobs altogether and now need welfare[/red]
more welath for theose on the bottom to live on, taking many of them off of welfare/medicare and Medicade

And if any of that were actually true and would happen, you maybe might have a shred of a chance at making an argument (well except for you complete lack of any moral integrity). Problem is almost none of that is true.

less govt adding new laws is more govt, not less
more welath in relative terms no, because the cost of everything else goes up with it.....like it has in Australia
less taxes for the consumer to pay no because the people who's wages are going to go up are going to be offset by the people that are going to lose their jobs altogether and now need welfare

Last edited:
Aussies now at FIFTEEN, NZ at 13- Very happy, profitable countries- plenty of DEMAND. Voodoo suqs.

No the Aussie consumer isn't very happy. Because they know that despite there dollar being worth basically what ours is, the exact same products in Australia cost more than they do in the U.S.

Oh BS> The min wage is $15 and they have 6 week vacations. And you're a corporate tool. And good night. LOL

Basically the Self proclaiming conservative here are demanding that people make less money and oh by the way they must also pay taxes so billionaires don't have to, too.

Gee! I wonder if that's going to make the USA a better place to live?

The top tax rate is 25% higher than it was in 1988.
Our corporate tax rates are the highest in the world.
Where are the jobs?

BS. and way too low, ruining the country.
Not after the loopholes.
Being blocked by Pubs.

Way off base
2007 United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2007 we collected 370 billion in corporate tax. I use the 07 budget because we were within 163 billion of a balanced budget
40% of 370 is 148 billion, lets call it 150.
cut spending 300 billion in the wellfare/Medicare/Medicade budget by raising the minimum wage to 13-15

4 an hour gives you enough wealth to do 20 million people from 8-12
6 would be 12.5 million

if the minimum eage went to 14.00 an hour for 12.5 million people in this country, would it not take well over 50% of them off of these entitlement programs for ever?
what would the addition of 150 billion into the economy do?

Forum List

Back