explosion at Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, UK

Guns don't have an ideology of killing or enslaving non-believers.

That's beside the point. If you don't want law abiding gun owners painted with a broad brush, don't paint every last member of a particular faith as those who have "an ideology of killing or enslaving nonbelievers." I mean, look at the Conquistadors. They essentially tried the same thing acting under the Spanish Requirement of 1513 with the Aztecs. The Aztecs basically had two choices. Convert or die. But you don't see anyone painting Christians as merciless conquerors and slavers, do you?

"If you do so, you will do well, and that which you are obliged to do to their Highnesses, and we in their name shall receive you in all love and charity, and shall leave you, your wives, and your children, and your lands, free without servitude, that you may do with them and with yourselves freely that which you like and think best, and they shall not compel you to turn Christians, unless you yourselves, when informed of the truth, should wish to be converted to our Holy Catholic Faith, as almost all the inhabitants of the rest of the islands have done. And, besides this, their Highnesses award you many privileges and exemptions and will grant you many benefits.

But, if you do not do this, and maliciously make delay in it, I certify to you that, with the help of God, we shall powerfully enter into your country, and shall make war against you in all ways and manners that we can, and shall subject you to the yoke and obedience of the Church and of their Highnesses; we shall take you and your wives and your children, and shall make slaves of them, and as such shall sell and dispose of them as their Highnesses may command; and we shall take away your goods, and shall do you all the mischief and damage that we can, as to vassals who do not obey, and refuse to receive their lord, and resist and contradict him; and we protest that the deaths and losses which shall accrue from this are your fault, and not that of their Highnesses, or ours, nor of these cavaliers who come with us. And that we have said this to you and made this Requisition, we request the notary here present to give us his testimony in writing, and we ask the rest who are present that they should be witnesses of this Requisition."

-Spanish Requirement of 1513, (Requerimiento)

Sound familiar? It should. Because that's what these Radical Islamists are doing. But Christianity moved past forcibly subjugating people of other faiths and cultures, and given time Islam will too. This broad brushing people on this thread are engaging in is intellectually and morally bankrupt.

The Conquistadors bombed Manchester? Whoda thunkit??

Greg
Sigh. Sarcasm is not a valid argument. Are you so obtuse that you can't see some of the same behavior and tactics being used by the Jihadists as the Conquistadors?

I can't alleviate your ignorance of history so I won't even try. Good night.

You're spanking AROUND the problem. It is not deeply rooted in History and more than a car accident was caused by the invention of the petrol engine. It is about Syria, Assad, and extremists filling the vacuum. THAT is the immediate cause. Oh; and a Useful Idiot to a shit cause.

Thank you for not bothering; it would have been embarrassing for you.

Greg
Lol, what's embarrassing is your attempt to talk yourself and your argument up. You're hellbent on labeling billions of people because you can't see past your biases and emotions.

I've embarrassed a number of your friends on this thread already. I'm primed and ready to add you to that list.
Shame based scolding works only from ill bred parents to children
It does not work on conservative adults
Middle eadt is a mess because they want it that way, squabbling about 1967 borders back to BC and everything in between
Strife is their identity and there is no real wish to give it up

Bull crap....palestinians were pushed out to make room for settlers the whole world recognizes that and the UN issued dozens of condemnations against Israel that only the US vetoes (forest democracy).

That's beside the point. If you don't want law abiding gun owners painted with a broad brush, don't paint every last member of a particular faith as those who have "an ideology of killing or enslaving nonbelievers." I mean, look at the Conquistadors. They essentially tried the same thing acting under the Spanish Requirement of 1513 with the Aztecs. The Aztecs basically had two choices. Convert or die. But you don't see anyone painting Christians as merciless conquerors and slavers, do you?

"If you do so, you will do well, and that which you are obliged to do to their Highnesses, and we in their name shall receive you in all love and charity, and shall leave you, your wives, and your children, and your lands, free without servitude, that you may do with them and with yourselves freely that which you like and think best, and they shall not compel you to turn Christians, unless you yourselves, when informed of the truth, should wish to be converted to our Holy Catholic Faith, as almost all the inhabitants of the rest of the islands have done. And, besides this, their Highnesses award you many privileges and exemptions and will grant you many benefits.

But, if you do not do this, and maliciously make delay in it, I certify to you that, with the help of God, we shall powerfully enter into your country, and shall make war against you in all ways and manners that we can, and shall subject you to the yoke and obedience of the Church and of their Highnesses; we shall take you and your wives and your children, and shall make slaves of them, and as such shall sell and dispose of them as their Highnesses may command; and we shall take away your goods, and shall do you all the mischief and damage that we can, as to vassals who do not obey, and refuse to receive their lord, and resist and contradict him; and we protest that the deaths and losses which shall accrue from this are your fault, and not that of their Highnesses, or ours, nor of these cavaliers who come with us. And that we have said this to you and made this Requisition, we request the notary here present to give us his testimony in writing, and we ask the rest who are present that they should be witnesses of this Requisition."

Sound familiar? It should. Because that's what these Radical Islamists are doing. But Christianity moved past forcibly subjugating people of other faiths and cultures, and given time Islam will too. This broad brushing people on this thread are engaging in is intellectually and morally bankrupt.

Greg
Sigh. Sarcasm is not a valid argument. Are you so obtuse that you can't see some of the same behavior and tactics being used by the Jihadists as the Conquistadors?

You're spanking AROUND the problem. It is not deeply rooted in History and more than a car accident was caused by the invention of the petrol engine. It is about Syria, Assad, and extremists filling the vacuum. THAT is the immediate cause. Oh; and a Useful Idiot to a shit cause.

Greg
Lol, what's embarrassing is your attempt to talk yourself and your argument up. You're hellbent on labeling billions of people because you can't see past your biases and emotions.

I've embarrassed a number of your friends on this thread already. I'm primed and ready to add you to that list.
Middle eadt is a mess because they want it that way, squabbling about 1967 borders back to BC and everything in between

Greg

Greg

Huh?

Bull crap....palestinians were pushed out to make room for settlers the whole world recognizes that and the UN issued dozens of condemnations against Israel that only the US vetoes (forest democracy).

Greg

Greg

Your people like to blow people up in 2017, 50-500 year ago references are bullshit excuse making Does not matter that the percentage to total population is low, the horrors almost always stem from the same people using the same "reasons"
Until you and yours come to that very harsh reality and seek to correct this then Islam inspired atrocities will continue

Wrong again.

Greg

Your people like to blow people up in 2017, 50-500 year ago references are bullshit excuse making Does not matter that the percentage to total population is low, the horrors almost always stem from the same people using the same "reasons"
Until you and yours come to that very harsh reality and seek to correct this then Islam inspired atrocities will continue

Guns don't have an ideology of killing or enslaving non-believers.

Greg

Greg

Go at it. With what exactly do you disagree? That Obama's policies were an unmitigated disaster? I would be more than happy to argue the "yes" case on that one.

Greg

Greg

Greg

There is that element to it but it still comes down to good old money and opportunity. The Assad regime is the root cause of the current problems. The opportunists are the ISIS scum. There are others in between but that's it in a nutshell.

Greg

Greg

Greg

Sounds like humanity rather than just Arabs.

Greg

I don't think Issa is likely to be a part of the scum "blowing us up" but I think he's looking in the wrong place for causes. Assad and his policies have led to the mass murder and destabilisation of that State. Obama FAILED policies left a power vacuum filled by ISIS and others. ISIS acts with vigour to promote its agenda. Using useful idiots abroad is part of it as well as using trained operatives for maximum effect. Iran is a proxy player. There have always been willing helpers but now the US has the opportunity to LEAD!!!

They have my prayers.

Greg

Greg

Greg

100 years ago Palestine was a part of the Ottoman Empire. The British then took it over in WW1 and then after WW1 made it their own. At this point the Muslim population of Palestine was about 90%. The Zionists had been working on taking over for about 50 years by about this time.

Greg

Greg

Go at it. With what exactly do you disagree? That Obama's policies were an unmitigated disaster? I would be more than happy to argue the "yes" case on that one.

Greg
What if I told you that I agree with you? Obama's policies in the ME were disastrous. Look what he did to Israel at the U.N. last year.

What I disagree with is this rampant broadbrushing of an entire faith because of the actions of a few thousand radicals. And the idea that we should just simply wipe the religion out for that reason.

It's ludicrous.

Greg

Greg

There is that element to it but it still comes down to good old money and opportunity. The Assad regime is the root cause of the current problems. The opportunists are the ISIS scum. There are others in between but that's it in a nutshell.

Greg

How is the Assad regime the root cause of the current problems?

I'd say Hillary killing Khadaffi is more relative to what happened in Manchester.

Greg

Greg

I'd say Hillary killing Khadaffi is more relative to what happened in Manchester.

Interesting point but without ISIS then there's no Libyan Connection for the Useful Idiot murderer. But true; there is a very significant "Hand of Hillary" on all this NOT TO REDUCE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE MURDEROUS SCUM HIMSELF!!!

Greg

Greg

Greg

Greg
What if I told you that I agree with you? Obama's policies in the ME were disastrous. Look what he did to Israel at the U.N. last year.

What I disagree with is this rampant broadbrushing of an entire faith because of the actions of a few thousand radicals. And the idea that we should just simply wipe the religion out for that reason.

It's ludicrous.

Who said I said that?

Greg

Greg

Greg

Interesting point but without ISIS then there's no Libyan Connection for the Useful Idiot murderer. But true; there is a very significant "Hand of Hillary" on all this NOT TO REDUCE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE MURDEROUS SCUM HIMSELF!!!

Greg

Assad is battling ISIS and trying to rescue his citizens from them.

W. Bush invading Iraq (was not necessary) and Obama prematurely withdrawing troops, and then doing nothing to ISIS

when they were all in convoy is the reason they are as numerous as they are today.

Obama had a perfect opportunity and squandered it.

The question is: Was it ineptness or in support of the caliphate?

Last edited:
Andrew Spooner nailed it.

DApw8OKXkAAq0-r%2B%2528DApw8OKXkAAq0-r.jpg%2B%2528JPEG%2BImage%252C%2B790%25C2%25A0%25C3%2597%25C2%25A01156%2Bpixels%2529%2B-%2BScaled%2B%252859%2525%2529%2529.jpg

Greg

Greg

Assad is battling is battling ISIS and trying to rescue his citizens from them.

W. Bush invading Iraq (was not necessary) and Obama prematurely withdrawing troops, and then doing nothing to ISIS

when they were all in convoy is the reason they are as numerous as they are today.

I mostly agree with what you're saying but I think ISIS grew out of the actions that Assad perpetrated on his own people. Obama's description of ISIS as a "JV" team was frankly criminally irresponsible.

As for Iraq I disagree with you on that. Firstly NO WAY should Saddam have been allowed to stay in Kuwait. 2003 was a logical consequence of that action. The current threat from ISIS is more directly linked to the actions SINCE that time..imo.

Greg

Last edited:

Greg

Greg

Assad is battling is battling ISIS and trying to rescue his citizens from them.

I mostly agree with what you're saying but I think ISIS grew out of the actions that Assad perpetrated on his own people. Obama's description of ISIS as a "JV" team was frankly criminally irresponsible.

As for Iraq I disagree with you on that. Firstly NO WAY should Saddam have been allowed to stay in Kuwait. 2003 was a logical consequence of that action. The current threat from ISIS is more directly linked to the actions SINCE that time..imo.

Greg

18670803_1933233436914369_8179414308236409882_n.jpg

Forum List

Back