🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Facebook yanks page of 12-year-old conservative who said Obama doesn't love U.S

STFU OP, Facebook can pull anything they don't like. It's you that are more in line with communist if anything... FREEEDOM you dumb fuk, facebook has the FREEEEDOM to do as they like with their product.

Lets bitch about business's that give us free shit!

Are you serious with this dude? Hopefully that wasn't you behind there typing that message...

Nobody has the right to limit the speech of others. Nobody. You don't get to enforce your opinions by the barrel of a gun (so to speak), or your product. It's ironic that we libertarians preach about individual freedom, but someone like you sides with a multi-billion dollar corporation over the individual. Heh, this is one of the rare occasions where I disagree.

Facebook is a private company, they can remove anything they want, Facebook doesn't give you the right to put anything on THEIR site. If this was a government funded site and the kid was of age, then you got something.

Now, it is a private company enforcing their rules.

I know that. It is a private company that shows the rest of the world that is okay to silence someone you disagree with. Betrays what America was founded on. Frankly I don't care if they are private or not. Facebook is supposed to be a place where any type of speech is tolerated (save threats of terrorism and the like), actually such behavior goes against that model.

Facebook has a minimum age policy. I don't get why you guys don't seem to understand that.

So...to sum it all up, FB yanked the kid's page because he was underage. It had nothing whatsoever to do with what he said.

Major thread fail.

funny-pictures-fail-cat-paw.jpg
That's not what the article said. And since FB isn't forthcoming about their reasons you have no justification for that assumption.

Facebooks policy: How do I report a child under the age of 13 Facebook Help Center Facebook

That's not proof of the reasoning for their actions. You're assuming.

So...to sum it all up, FB yanked the kid's page because he was underage. It had nothing whatsoever to do with what he said.

Major thread fail.

That's not what the article said. And since FB isn't forthcoming about their reasons you have no justification for that assumption.

Facebooks policy: How do I report a child under the age of 13 Facebook Help Center Facebook

Why are there thousands of conservatives on Facebook?

Major thread fail.

What other reason is there?

If a private entity has any policies restricting behavior then it's simple. If a case can be made for discrimmination against rightwing yahoo - then it's discrimmination, violating free speech yada yada - everyone get yer knickers in a knot and ignore the facts. If the private entity has any policies restricting behavior and the offender is leftwing, well guys - stop whining, it's a private business and you're trying to force private business to violate their rules.

Is that an accurate translation?

Why do liberals routinely get kicked off Hannity's website without cause if that's a violation of free speech? Is Hannity a Communist? Fascist? Islamist? Douchebag?

Major thread fail.

I wouldn't know. I'm not on FB.

Major thread fail.

Then why are you in this thread posing as someone who is NOT totally ignorant on the subject?

Major thread fail.

Facebook operates on reports. It has far far too many accounts for individual people to look over each and every posting. People post shitloads of stuff - including shitloads of anti-Obama stuff. FB doesn't have to be forthcoming about ANYTHING because the account clearly violates the age rule. FB doesn't have some secret way of determing participants ages.

The whole brouhaha is a silly bit of rightwing wah-wah discrimmination tantrum. Sillyness.

Major thread fail.

You don't need to know. That there are is enough to show a lack of bias against rightwingers.

Facebook operates on reports. It has far far too many accounts for individual people to look over each and every posting. People post shitloads of stuff - including shitloads of anti-Obama stuff. FB doesn't have to be forthcoming about ANYTHING because the account clearly violates the age rule. FB doesn't have some secret way of determing participants ages.

The whole brouhaha is a silly bit of rightwing wah-wah discrimmination tantrum. Sillyness.

Interesting.

Interesting.

Nah...just sillyness.

Forum List

Back