🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

FACT CHECK: Trump presses falsehoods about NATO, Germany

(Yawn) Boy is the left’s criticism of Trump getting tedious and boring. It’s like children throwing temper tantrums. According to them there is nothing – ABSOULTELY NOTHING – that Trump can do even remotely right. Talk about mindless obstructionism. But then, since the left has no real policy suggestions, I guess all they can do is fall on the floor, kick their feet, and scream and whine.

You know what gets me? There should be bipartisan outrage over the US spending 650 billion per year to protect these other nations.
That will never happen TD. They are to busy hating Trump.

true - I HATE FUCKING LIARS

AP FACT CHECK: Trump presses falsehoods about NATO, Germany

Not sure why I bother, as most Trumpies have been conditioned to dismiss any facts contrary to their fantasy world beliefs.

Trump is an epic failure and embarrassment, the sooner you see that the better.

TRUMP: “Frankly, many countries owe us a tremendous amount of money for many years back, where they’re delinquent, as far as I’m concerned, because the United States has had to pay for them. So if you go back 10 or 20 years, you’ll just add it all up. It’s massive amounts of money is owed.” — comments at meeting with NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg. In a tweet Tuesday, he said: “Will they reimburse the U.S.?”

THE FACTS: There is no such debt to the U.S. or to NATO. Therefore, no delinquency or question of reimbursement.

He is referring to how much each NATO country spends on its own defense and pressing them to spend more. Doing so would relieve some pressure on U.S. military spending. But there are no IOUs to collect from past years.

TRUMP: “Germany is a captive of Russia because they supply (energy). They got rid of their coal plants. They got rid of their nuclear. They’re getting so much of the oil and gas from Russia. I think it’s something that NATO has to look at.”

THE FACTS: He’s wrong about coal-fired and nuclear energy and overstated Germany’s reliance on Russian natural gas. In 2017, Germany got more than one-third of its energy for electricity from coal and nearly 12 percent from nuclear plants. One-third came from renewable energy. Only 13 percent came from natural gas, with Russia as the major supplier.

Trump was objecting to Germany’s acceptance of a new pipeline project that will bring more natural gas from Russia.

Germany plans to retire nuclear plants by 2022 and intends to reduce its reliance on coal. But Germany has not “got rid” of either.

Agela Merkel: "Nein, arschloch dummer Kopf Trump"!!!
Little Miss Teardrops rears his ugly head like a whack a mole! Anyone got a giant watermelon mallet?

You know what gets me? There should be bipartisan outrage over the US spending 650 billion per year to protect these other nations.

Tell congress to stop spending more on our military than any other country in the world

Start by getting out of NATO.

NATO has nothing to do with our military spending we dont pay them ...

DDDUUUUUHHHHH
That has to be the most ignorant post in USMB this year.

our only payment to NATO is Admin Costs -- look it up dumbass
Ignoramous.

US Pays 22.1% of NATO Budget; Germany 14.7%; 13 Allies Pay Less Than 1%

(Yawn) Boy is the left’s criticism of Trump getting tedious and boring. It’s like children throwing temper tantrums. According to them there is nothing – ABSOULTELY NOTHING – that Trump can do even remotely right. Talk about mindless obstructionism. But then, since the left has no real policy suggestions, I guess all they can do is fall on the floor, kick their feet, and scream and whine.

Tell congress to stop spending more on our military than any other country in the world

DDDUUUUUHHHHH
Wow, you are a moron.

If we have to protect all of Europe AND our own interests on top of that, we need the very largest military in the world.

You want to cut our defense, start by cutting our responsibilities to deadbeat nations.

NATO was intended to be “one-for-all, all-for-one” but it actually evolved into "the USA for the defense of all Europeans, and a small amount of support from the Europeans to support European Defense (from Russia), and nothing from the Europeans to support the defense of the USA?"

NATO Europeans are not US allies, they are US dependents that we have supported and rescued several times in the last century!

Most of these same European NATO “Nanny States” quickly surrendered at the beginning of WWII to the Germans after the first few shots were fired without much resistance and then contributedto the German’s war effort, except for England, Russia, and Finland.

Then these European “Nanny States” supported the German war machine by selling the Germans coal, iron, military weapons, munitions, heavy water, food, sex, relaxation, etc. at a profit as they waited for the USA, Russia and England to expend the English and US citizen’s BLOOD and US citizen’s TREASURE to free the “Nanny State” Europeans from German domination and slavery.

Not sure why I bother, as most Trumpies have been conditioned to dismiss any facts contrary to their fantasy world beliefs.

TRUMP: “Frankly, many countries owe us a tremendous amount of money for many years back, where they’re delinquent, as far as I’m concerned, because the United States has had to pay for them. So if you go back 10 or 20 years, you’ll just add it all up. It’s massive amounts of money is owed.” — comments at meeting with NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg. In a tweet Tuesday, he said: “Will they reimburse the U.S.?”

THE FACTS: There is no such debt to the U.S. or to NATO. Therefore, no delinquency or question of reimbursement.

He is referring to how much each NATO country spends on its own defense and pressing them to spend more. Doing so would relieve some pressure on U.S. military spending. But there are no IOUs to collect from past years.

TRUMP: “Germany is a captive of Russia because they supply (energy). They got rid of their coal plants. They got rid of their nuclear. They’re getting so much of the oil and gas from Russia. I think it’s something that NATO has to look at.”

THE FACTS: He’s wrong about coal-fired and nuclear energy and overstated Germany’s reliance on Russian natural gas. In 2017, Germany got more than one-third of its energy for electricity from coal and nearly 12 percent from nuclear plants. One-third came from renewable energy. Only 13 percent came from natural gas, with Russia as the major supplier.

Trump was objecting to Germany’s acceptance of a new pipeline project that will bring more natural gas from Russia.

Germany plans to retire nuclear plants by 2022 and intends to reduce its reliance on coal. But Germany has not “got rid” of either.

You guys (liberals)....always wanting individuals to "pay their fair share", but for some dumbass reason you don't want liberals to pay their fair share, which evidently include liberal countries.

NATO made a Cyber Security Pledge too ...

RW idoits sing DUH DERP DERP DERP DUUUHHHHHH.

It'll only hurt for a little while kid. Don't worry though I'll spank you again.

:alcoholic:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

kinda early BOI :abgg2q.jpg:

I'm starting to feel sorry for you again, you're too retarded o know how retartded you are, you posted an article that states that the NATO Countries pledge to live up to the requirements that they agreed to get IN to NATO. God you're retarded kid.

The Germans are enriching Russia while we pay to defend Germany from Russia. This is not debatable.

Moron.....TWO little factors for your half brain to ponder.....

First, if NOT Russian natural gas.....having deactivated nuclear plants.....WHERE should Germany turn to in avoiding freezing next winter???

Second, PULL OUT all US troops form Germany and be faced with the fact that all those troops would have to be deactivated when they return to the states AND, whereas Germany is paying ONE THIRD of these troops for being on German soil, once these troops repatriated and were not sent to civilian jobs, WE would have to pay all THREE THIRDS.

Pres. Trump castigates European leader with facts.

Liberals become unhinged with grief. .... :cuckoo: ... :lol:
dOnald tRump wouldn't recognize a fact if I put one in a sock and beat him with it.

It'll only hurt for a little while kid. Don't worry though I'll spank you again.

I'm starting to feel sorry for you again, you're too retarded o know how retartded you are, you posted an article that states that the NATO Countries pledge to live up to the requirements that they agreed to get IN to NATO. God you're retarded kid.

pledge - commit (a person or organization) by a solemn promise.
"the government pledged itself to deal with environmental problems"

requirement - a thing that is compulsory; a necessary condition

now sport GFY

DDDUUUUUHHHHH

The billions to NATO are part of the defense budget according to the charts I'm reading. Listed as military spending.

Go ahead and argue with Forbes.

"The following infographic provides a breakdown of military spending across the alliance, with only five of them meeting the 2 percent goal: Estonia, Greece, Poland, the United Kingdom and the United States. U.S. defense expenditure in 2017 came to just under 686 billion, equating to 3.6 percent of GDP."

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fniallmccarthy%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F07%2F20180710_NATO_Expenditure-3.jpg

Defense Expenditures Of NATO Members Visualized [Infographic]

pledge - commit (a person or organization) by a solemn promise.
"the government pledged itself to deal with environmental problems"

requirement - a thing that is compulsory; a necessary condition

now sport GFY

You got your ASS handed to you son, you'll be ok. Your article was about them pledging to fulfill the requirements set forth to get into NATO. AS I posted. Would you like me to post it again?

The Germans are enriching Russia while we pay to defend Germany from Russia. This is not debatable.

Moron.....TWO little factors for your half brain to ponder.....

First, if NOT Russian natural gas.....having deactivated nuclear plants.....WHERE should Germany turn to in avoiding freezing next winter???

Second, PULL OUT all US troops form Germany and be faced with the fact that all those troops would have to be deactivated when they return to the states AND, whereas Germany is paying ONE THIRD of these troops for being on German soil, once these troops repatriated and were not sent to civilian jobs, WE would have to pay all THREE THIRDS.
Speaking of pulling out.

dOnald tRump wouldn't recognize a fact if I put one in a sock and beat him with it.
Bet ya you’ll get you’re ass beat tough guy by SS.

Why do liberals stand in solidarity with foreign leaders and brutal dictators, while refusing to support their own president? .... :dunno:

NATO doesnt owe Trump or the US jackshit and never will.

I brought this up when he first started spreading his NATO bullshit ... HIS DRONES IGNORED IT THEN JUST LIKE THEY IGNORE IT NOW,

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What is the yearly "contribution" of the USA to NATO?:eusa_whistle:
About 0.6 billion.

How much does the United States contribute to the UN?

That's about %20 of what we give Israel BTW.

Nope, that was under obummer.

"Despite Mr Trump's warnings about the level of US financial commitment to Nato, the US is planning to increase the budget for this by 40% in 2018, to $4.7bn, up from $789m in 2016 under President Obama."

What does the US contribute to Nato?

Bet ya you’ll get you’re ass beat tough guy by SS.
I wasn't seriously contemplating attacking the *president* with an impromptu bludgeon.

Forum List

Back