🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

FACT CHECK: Trump presses falsehoods about NATO, Germany

AP FACT CHECK: Trump presses falsehoods about NATO, Germany

Not sure why I bother, as most Trumpies have been conditioned to dismiss any facts contrary to their fantasy world beliefs.

Trump is an epic failure and embarrassment, the sooner you see that the better.

TRUMP: “Frankly, many countries owe us a tremendous amount of money for many years back, where they’re delinquent, as far as I’m concerned, because the United States has had to pay for them. So if you go back 10 or 20 years, you’ll just add it all up. It’s massive amounts of money is owed.” — comments at meeting with NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg. In a tweet Tuesday, he said: “Will they reimburse the U.S.?”

THE FACTS: There is no such debt to the U.S. or to NATO. Therefore, no delinquency or question of reimbursement.

He is referring to how much each NATO country spends on its own defense and pressing them to spend more. Doing so would relieve some pressure on U.S. military spending. But there are no IOUs to collect from past years.

TRUMP: “Germany is a captive of Russia because they supply (energy). They got rid of their coal plants. They got rid of their nuclear. They’re getting so much of the oil and gas from Russia. I think it’s something that NATO has to look at.”

THE FACTS: He’s wrong about coal-fired and nuclear energy and overstated Germany’s reliance on Russian natural gas. In 2017, Germany got more than one-third of its energy for electricity from coal and nearly 12 percent from nuclear plants. One-third came from renewable energy. Only 13 percent came from natural gas, with Russia as the major supplier.

Trump was objecting to Germany’s acceptance of a new pipeline project that will bring more natural gas from Russia.

Germany plans to retire nuclear plants by 2022 and intends to reduce its reliance on coal. But Germany has not “got rid” of either.

Agela Merkel: "Nein, arschloch dummer Kopf Trump"!!!
Pres. Trump castigates European leader with facts.

Liberals become unhinged with grief. .... :cuckoo: ... :lol:
dOnald tRump wouldn't recognize a fact if I put one in a sock and beat him with it.
Bet ya you’ll get you’re ass beat tough guy by SS.
I wasn't seriously contemplating attacking the *president* with an impromptu bludgeon.

Of course you weren't, you're a Beta Male. The only thing you beat is your pud.

Nope, that was under obummer.

"Despite Mr Trump's warnings about the level of US financial commitment to Nato, the US is planning to increase the budget for this by 40% in 2018, to $4.7bn, up from $789m in 2016 under President Obama."

What does the US contribute to Nato?

This is why Trump LOVES the poorly educated......
This fucking idiot "thinks" we are spending $789 Billion on NATO

The figures are 650 billion and up in the past couple of years.

This is from CNN money.

160415172159-nato-gdp-1-780x439.jpg

These NATO countries are not spending their fair share on defense

(Yawn) Boy is the left’s criticism of Trump getting tedious and boring. It’s like children throwing temper tantrums. According to them there is nothing – ABSOULTELY NOTHING – that Trump can do even remotely right. Talk about mindless obstructionism. But then, since the left has no real policy suggestions, I guess all they can do is fall on the floor, kick their feet, and scream and whine.

You know what gets me? There should be bipartisan outrage over the US spending 650 billion per year to protect these other nations.

Tell congress to stop spending more on our military than any other country in the world

Start by getting out of NATO.

NATO has nothing to do with our military spending we dont pay them ...

DDDUUUUUHHHHH

The billions to NATO are part of the defense budget according to the charts I'm reading. Listed as military spending.

Go ahead and argue with Forbes.

"The following infographic provides a breakdown of military spending across the alliance, with only five of them meeting the 2 percent goal: Estonia, Greece, Poland, the United Kingdom and the United States. U.S. defense expenditure in 2017 came to just under 686 billion, equating to 3.6 percent of GDP."

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fniallmccarthy%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F07%2F20180710_NATO_Expenditure-3.jpg

Defense Expenditures Of NATO Members Visualized [Infographic]

NICE TRY, BUT NOT EVEN CLOSE !

LMAO

"Despite Mr Trump's warnings about the level of US financial commitment to Nato, the US is planning to increase the budget for this by 40% in 2018, to $4.7bn, up from $789m in 2016 under President Obama."

This is why Trump LOVES the poorly educated......
This fucking idiot "thinks" we are spending $789 Billion on NATO

Clearly you are incapable of reading. If you actually pay attention to the link I provided, and the section I used for my response, you will see the number the USA contributes is 4.7 BILLION. I understand that you have a hard time reading for comprehension, most progressives are spectacularly stupid, after all, but try...

The United States also funds about 22 percent of the relatively small NATO Common Funded budgets (approximately $685 million out of NATO’s $2.8 billion per year) which finance shared capabilities that benefit all allies. This shared funding accounts for just 0.03 percent of the allied nations’ aggregate defense spending, yet every $22 the United States contributes leverages $100 worth of Alliance capability. Common Funding supports, among other things, certain Alliance operational costs (such as in Afghanistan or Kosovo); NATO AWACS (see below); training and exercises; joint facilities and infrastructure; common communications; the NATO headquarters and staff; and NATO’s unparalleled multinational integrated military command structure.

Here's a "perfect' example of Trump's lunacy (or his lust for Putin's admiration)

Greece meets the 2-percent threshold because it spends a lot of money on military pensions and on weapons systems aimed at deterring its fellow NATO member, Turkey—neither of which makes America and Europe safer.

the USA contributes is 4.7 BILLION. I understand that you have a hard time reading for comprehension, most progressives are spectacularly stupid, after all, but try...

Take THAT up with your fellow moron in post #84.....

the USA contributes is 4.7 BILLION. I understand that you have a hard time reading for comprehension, most progressives are spectacularly stupid, after all, but try...

Take THAT up with your fellow moron in post #84.....

YOU addressed your moronic comment to me, dipshit. Choose your targets better.

NATO doesnt owe Trump or the US jackshit and never will.

I brought this up when he first started spreading his NATO bullshit ... HIS DRONES IGNORED IT THEN JUST LIKE THEY IGNORE IT NOW,

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

What is the yearly "contribution" of the USA to NATO?:eusa_whistle:
About 0.6 billion.

How much does the United States contribute to the UN?

That's about %20 of what we give Israel BTW.

That's not %40, that would be more like %400.

Not sure why I bother, as most Trumpies have been conditioned to dismiss any facts contrary to their fantasy world beliefs.

Pres. Trump castigates European leader with facts.

Liberals become unhinged with grief. .... :cuckoo: ... :lol:
dOnald tRump wouldn't recognize a fact if I put one in a sock and beat him with it.
Bet ya you’ll get you’re ass beat tough guy by SS.
I wasn't seriously contemplating attacking the *president* with an impromptu bludgeon.

Of course you weren't, you're a Beta Male. The only thing you beat is your pud.
Lol, you don't know me kid, stop acting like you do.

Members of the alliance are not in arrears in their military spending. They are not in debt to the United States, or failing to meet a current standard, and Washington is not trying to collect anything, despite the president’s contention that they “owe massive amounts of money.” They merely committed in 2014 to work toward the goal of 2 percent of GDP by 2024.

THE END.

--LOL

TRUMP: “Frankly, many countries owe us a tremendous amount of money for many years back, where they’re delinquent, as far as I’m concerned, because the United States has had to pay for them. So if you go back 10 or 20 years, you’ll just add it all up. It’s massive amounts of money is owed.” — comments at meeting with NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg. In a tweet Tuesday, he said: “Will they reimburse the U.S.?”

THE FACTS: There is no such debt to the U.S. or to NATO. Therefore, no delinquency or question of reimbursement.

He is referring to how much each NATO country spends on its own defense and pressing them to spend more. Doing so would relieve some pressure on U.S. military spending. But there are no IOUs to collect from past years.

TRUMP: “Germany is a captive of Russia because they supply (energy). They got rid of their coal plants. They got rid of their nuclear. They’re getting so much of the oil and gas from Russia. I think it’s something that NATO has to look at.”

THE FACTS: He’s wrong about coal-fired and nuclear energy and overstated Germany’s reliance on Russian natural gas. In 2017, Germany got more than one-third of its energy for electricity from coal and nearly 12 percent from nuclear plants. One-third came from renewable energy. Only 13 percent came from natural gas, with Russia as the major supplier.

Trump was objecting to Germany’s acceptance of a new pipeline project that will bring more natural gas from Russia.

Germany plans to retire nuclear plants by 2022 and intends to reduce its reliance on coal. But Germany has not “got rid” of either.

AP are liars, like you.

In his 1,345,399th lie of his Presidency.....President Trump immediately lies about the results of his NATO meetings as our buffoon of a President finds you cannot bully other world leaders.

Also as a shock to nobody....his cult followers claim victory with nothing to base it on except the word of a liar.

Next for Trump followers......they'll talk about how the New England Patriots won the Super Bowl last year. Pathetic.
The Associated Press on Twitter

In his 1,345,399th lie of his Presidency.....President Trump immediately lies about the results of his NATO meetings as our buffoon of a President finds you cannot bully other world leaders.

Also as a shock to nobody....his cult followers claim victory with nothing to base it on except the word of a liar.

Next for Trump followers......they'll talk about how the New England Patriots won the Super Bowl last year. Pathetic.
The Associated Press on Twitter
That’s the best news since NK gave up all their nukes! MAGA!

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 10.02.57 AM.png

Just wait

“It wasn’t a lie…it’s hyperbole". Or “It’s not a lie; it just hasn’t happened yet”. Or “It’s not, it’s an exaggeration”….

or

"Oh yeah…you can keep your doctor”

or

“Read my lips…no new taxes"

or

"I am not a criminal”

or

“I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinsky"

or

Look over there!!! Anything to diminish, distract, obfuscate, etc… the lies that the blob tells.

Wait until we hear Trumps retelling of his meeting with Putin

Forum List

Back