🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fact-checkers are taking aim at American Sniper

That's because fox gave the movie millions of dollars worth of free advertising. If that wouldn't have happened, there wouldn't be such a discussion now.

How naive, when the movie is exceeding $200 million at the box office. If it were a movie like oh, Selma, being fact checked, we wouldn't be having this discussion either. In fact, you would be having the same reaction these conservatives are. All of these "based on a true story" movies are bastardized in some way by Hollywood. They are never exactly true to the events they depict.
But Hannity has spent lots of on air hours claiming it was true to the events.

That's because fox gave the movie millions of dollars worth of free advertising. If that wouldn't have happened, there wouldn't be such a discussion now.

How naive, when the movie is exceeding $200 million at the box office. If it were a movie like oh, Selma, being fact checked, we wouldn't be having this discussion either. In fact, you would be having the same reaction these conservatives are. All of these "based on a true story" movies are bastardized in some way by Hollywood. They are never exactly true to the events they depict.

I could care less what Hannity thinks. Besides, it would be no different than liberals like you insisting that Day After Tomorrow or An Inconvenient Truth were accurate portrayals of the future effects of man-made global warming. Oh! But Al Gore said it was true!

Please. Spare me.

Several important falsehoods have been documented regarding the popular film American Sniper. Some links fact-checking the falsehood-ridden movies are here. Conservatives are likely not to read these fact-checks because it hurts their sensibilities as they want everything portrayed in the movie to be true.:

American Sniper The True Story of Chris Kyle
American Sniper fact vs. fiction How accurate is the Chris Kyle movie

So the first link from Time magazine comes up with 3 rulings ARE A FACT!!! 3 Rulings are a Fiction and 2 rulings don't know!
WOW such fact checking!!!
The second from the obviously BIASED SLATE.com and written by an acknowledge INTERN!!!
And is wont with an INTERN NO rulings! NO controversies. Memories versus documents! NOTHING...
But go ahead you war lovers. You people that are against Americans like Kyle. You don't seem to get it!

American Sniper
is marching toward $300M, a mark only six Warner Bros. films have passed.
“Many exhibitors are hearing from their theater managers that the infrequent moviegoers who go only two to three times a year, are coming out to see this movie,” said Warner Bros. distribution chief Dan Fellman.
“This a movie about patriotism, recognizing heroes, those who served; it’s about family.
There are those who feel it’s anti-war movie.
However, there are only 10 films in CinemaScore’s history that have done an A+ in every single category, and that’s telling,
because no matter how one views American Sniper, everybody ends up in the same place.”

AND here is why that idiots like you and the phony people like your self that made up Gruber's "Stupidity of american voter" by putting Obama into office.. don't realize!

The American people are culturally disconnected from Hollywood. They hunger for films and TV shows that reflect their values, not those of the Hollywood left. It really is that simple. And if the moneymen in Hollywood who bankroll films that might please the liberals but few others are as smart as they claim to be, a lot more films like American Sniper will be made.
Blog American Sniper on the way to becoming highest domestic grossing war film of all time

Most of the people attending "American Sniper" are proud to be Americans unlike idiots like YOU who think you are being so sophisticated and intelligent!

I could care less what Hannity thinks. Besides, it would be no different than liberals like you insisting that Day After Tomorrow or An Inconvenient Truth were accurate portrayals of the future effects of man-made global warming. Oh! But Al Gore said it was true!

Please. Spare me.
Don't get me wrong. I also think this kind of scrutiny of a movie is silly. I was only saying why it is receiving such. Don't spend so much time and effort portraying something as gospel and then act surprised when it is questioned.

Please. Spare me.
Don't get me wrong. I also think this kind of scrutiny of a movie is silly. I was only saying why it is receiving such. Don't spend so much time and effort portraying something as gospel and then act surprised when it is questioned.

I personally don't care. The whole idea of fact checking a movie period is childish. That's why I own little to no movies that portray actual events. That's what documentaries are for.

Y'know, I'm against Bush's wars, but the hysteria against this movie is getting a little much.

More like hysteria FOR the movie. Fox and right wingers gave this movie millions in free advertisement portraying it as some sort of political statement. Without all that cheerleading, there would be nothing more than discussion expected from any other movie. The right caused all the scrutiny, so why are you whining when it happens?
The Right didn't "cause" anything. They like the movie. Good for them, I don't care.

Then Michael Moore and other "celebrities" chimed in, then the Left piled on in attacking the hero.

All you have to do is read posts on this board for proof of that.

And now they're fact-checking the movie, no doubt to provide a list of errors to discredit it.

So shooting a person carring enough explosives strapped to their bodies that can blow up your entire unit from a distance safe enough to save everybody isn't heroic enough for you? I knew you were a liberal. Had to be. For you to believe that is insane! It's batshit. Instead of saving bambi you literally just picked her up and threw her on the autobahn highway and not just killed her you killed every person on the road in a 100 car pile up. Do you understand?

No, it's not "heroic." It is damned skillful, but it is not heroic. A man much wiser than I said "you can judge a society by the quality of its heroes".

Saving lives with 1 shot fired is heroic. saving lives period is heroic no matter how they are saved. Oh my god I'm going to fucking lose it guys.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you fucking with me??????????????????? i want the truth. Where the fuck is the damn logic in your argument? It's like listen to sarah palin the other night and saying, "what?"

According to you. Not according to those who are heroic.

I just took enough medication to make me high for the next 24 hours and enough sleeping pills to knock out an elephant. I ahve no clue when i will wake up and there's no point in setting my alarm because I wont hear the damn thing. I will finally be at peace today. See before I get to crazy and out of control I knock myself out cold. Plus, I ahve an ear infection and sinus infection and on some strong shit. I'll be sleeping with a smile. :)
Calm down, JR.

I did. I passed out for 12 hours. I think I was sleep walking. Kitchen was a mess when I woke up.

Y'know, I'm against Bush's wars, but the hysteria against this movie is getting a little much.

More like hysteria FOR the movie. Fox and right wingers gave this movie millions in free advertisement portraying it as some sort of political statement. Without all that cheerleading, there would be nothing more than discussion expected from any other movie. The right caused all the scrutiny, so why are you whining when it happens?
The Right didn't "cause" anything. They like the movie. Good for them, I don't care.

Then Michael Moore and other "celebrities" chimed in, then the Left piled on in attacking the hero.

And now they're fact-checking the movie, no doubt to provide a list of errors to discredit it.

Of course the right hyped that movie. With all the continuous buildup to it, they were practically begging for it to be fact checked.

Of course the right hyped that movie. With all the continuous buildup to it, they were practically begging for it to be fact checked.
This is reminding me of the Chik-Fil-A tantrum that vastly increased their business as a result of all the attention.

The opposition from the Left to this film is drawing more and more attention to it, more defense of it, more celebrity for it.

Doesn't matter to me. But pretending that the Left has not clearly reacted to this film is silly.

This is reminding me of the Chik-Fil-A tantrum that vastly increased their business as a result of all the attention.

The opposition from the Left to this film is drawing more and more attention to it, more defense of it, more celebrity for it.

Doesn't matter to me. But pretending that the Left has not clearly reacted to this film is silly.

Of course there is a reaction. That's what I said all along. I only noted the reason for the reaction.

Of course there is a reaction. That's what I said all along. I only noted the reason for the reaction.
I noticed all of you liberals like clowns.

Speaking of clowns........

926.gif
obama-laughing-nodding-smilling-freaky-1360677848n.gif

Frankly my dear, I couldn't give a damn...

Chris Kyle is not a hero...can you say that "Chris Kyle" is no hero....Chris Kyle’s Family Claimed He Donated His Book Proceeds To Veterans’ Charity, But He Kept Most Of The Profits: The National Review debunks the claim that all proceeds of his book went to veterans’ charities. Around 2 percent – $52,000 – went to the charities while the Kyles pocketed $3 million.

I made the comparsion in another thread to "The Birdman of Alcatraz" where a really reprehensible character was whitewashed in a movie to be sympathetic by leaving out the nasty bits and getting a likable actor to play him.

They left out the parts about Kyle's racism, his sociopathic tendencies, and his lying.

I watched this movie and all I gotta say is it was waaaaay to geared towards white trash fools. I don't know why the movie was made and I don't know why some considered it to be so good. 911 was so horrible we had to send a sniper over to kill your children....?? Really?!?!?!
Avorysuds,
Why is the Libertarian Party logo? Your comment reflects a leftist liberal not a libertarian. Libertarians do not engage in name calling it is the favorite response of leftist liberals. BTW, Clint Eastwood is a libertarian. 911 WAS horrible and we did not send a lonely sniper to deal with terrorists but a war machine. The sniper was a tiny element of that machine. It is unfortunate that terrorists use children to carry explosives and weapons/ammunition expecting decency from others not to stop those children carrying them.

Fact-checking a movie is histeria?

Uh - yeah. Over the top hysteria. It's Hollywood and this is NOT billed a documentary.

I'm with MAC - very much opposed to the war in Iraq, but chillax on American Sniper. It doesn't glorify war imho - it shows a pretty realistic picture of why you don't want to go there.

99% of the idiots who complain about this movie have obviously never seen it.

It's a movie, not a history. Glory was not fact checked, but errors certainly existed in the narrative.

Take all the criticism with a pound of salt, folks.
Glory wasn't fact checked? i'll bet dollars to donuts i can find several websites that will document the historical errors in it

i haven't seen the movie, but everything i've heard about it seems to point to it being a somewhat disturbing film that should make everyone question the price of war for the individuals involved

that said, i do have a problem with chris kyle, and that the movie, again from reports, seems to gloss over his very large and very real character flaws.

i also have a problem with the right-wing deification of the man.

You are completely full of shit. It's transparently obvious that you just automatically dislike anything a conservative likes.

You are a partisan hack moron.

Forum List

Back