Fact is fact, Tea Partiers are extremists

The Republican Party has been nosediving every since they tried to impeach Bill Clinton, its showed just what they're truly like, self-centered and all about self even when they know they can't win. It then graduated to being the party of exclusion with their "either you're for us or you're not a true American" stance and look what it has degenerated into now, Tea Party composters? These guys target the weak minded and uneducated minds they can easily manipulate.

I see all of congress the way you see all of the GOP.

Something tells me my perception is a bit more honest than yours.

It is quite obvious that you are partisan.

I'm not partisan, I equally disdain political parties because they're divisive political machines used by lobbyists and corporate America.

The right doesn't agree: National Polls Shatter Myth Of Tea Party As Right Wing Fringe Group

Check out their polls.

Fact is, they are a group of unhappy republicans. Republicans lost. They also have the minority in both houses. A fringe group is a group that isn't mainstream. How many people are needed to be considered a fringe group? Certainly the number falls between 1-49%.

49% are republicans

43% are independents

8% are democrats

55% earn more than $50,000 a year
Tea Partiers Are Fairly Mainstream in Their Demographics

It's not just "unhappy republicans" that make up this Tea Party movement.....far from it. it looks like a lot of the independents that got barry elected in the last election are part of this movement.

A large portion of Republicans started identifying themselves as "Independent" during the 2008 election cycle.

A smaller, but appreciable segment of Republicans switched over to the Democratic party during the same time period.

I would think that these people make up a significant portion of the people you are referring to.

I doubt many of the teabaggers voted for Obama or Democratic Senators.

The Republicans that voted for Obama either realized that McCain was a joke or that Obama was the better choice. I knew many soldiers who didn't vote for McCain once they learned he voted against them 80% of the time. Or some republican voters wanted to send the GOP a message.

But here is the problem with those Republicans. They will quickly forgive and forget all the shit the GOP did from 2000-2006.

And, they will fall for the bullshit that Fox News spreads. They may have voted Dem one time, but they are still conservative at heart.

What bugs me is that Clinton and Obama give/gave the GOP a lot. The idea that they are far left liberals is such a joke. Any of the GOP's good ideas, the Dems take. Hell, Clinton even gave Newts GOP NAFTA.

And the GOP only talks about good ideas. Did they impliment any of them when they were in office? I doubt it.

The Republican Party has been nosediving every since they tried to impeach Bill Clinton, its showed just what they're truly like, self-centered and all about self even when they know they can't win. It then graduated to being the party of exclusion with their "either you're for us or you're not a true American" stance and look what it has degenerated into now, Tea Party composters? These guys target the weak minded and uneducated minds they can easily manipulate.

I'm not partisan, I equally disdain political parties because they're divisive political machines used by lobbyists and corporate America.

So true. If the Senate was 100% Democrats, the lobbyists would just pay off 51 of them and they would take the position that the GOP currently holds.

But as it is right now, they only have to pay off a few Democrats.

The Supreme Courts decision to give corporations personhood was the worse decision and it is going to change this country big time, for the worse.

then you must loathe Thomas Jefferson?

:eusa_whistle:

Stats of what? The number of people that fled the Republican party during the 2008 election cycle?

Well, here's stats of losses in the Republican party over the last few years, a large part of which changed only recently:

GOP Losses Span Nearly All Demographic Groups

and:

Gen Dems: The Party's Advantage Among Young Voters Widens - Pew Research Center

Specifically:

813-2.gif

Those numbers certainly don't back up the numbers given in the Gallup Poll, Vast.
The independents that have been leaving the Obama camp since the election are the main numbers in the poll, and there are a few slight of left democrats that are pealing away from the democrat herd.

So you're just going to ignore the first link listing the massive GOP losses since 2001? And then the correlation with the rise in Democrats in roughly the same time period?

And the fact that it proves the point I made?

Those figures are two years old, dumb ass. The political landscape has shifted just in the past year drastically. The pendulum is always swinging back and forth. Clinging to the past isn't going to help you in November, but what ever helps you sleep better at night.

You know how the GOP plays dirty politics? So did Thomas Jefferson back in his day. John Adams wanted to work with Jefferson and the Congress but like todays Republicans, all they cared about was sabotaging Adams.

Adams was hurt by this and he and Jefferson were no longer friends. Only late in their lives did Jefferson apologize.

In recent times the GOP have two strategists who perfected dirty politics. Lee Atwater sabotaged Dukakis and helped Reagan win and more recently Rove and Delay were the dirty politicians who would stop at nothing to win. No matter how low they had to go. Lie cheat or steal.

The Supreme Courts decision to give corporations personhood was the worse decision and it is going to change this country big time, for the worse.

That's not what the Supreme Court said.

The SCOTUS ruled that corporations could pay for advocacy (electioneering communications) ads during election cycles. Such ads require full disclosure and disclaimer - so anyone seeing them knows who sponsored them. Given the admission of the Solicitor General that the law, if upheld, could be used to BAN BOOKS, a win by Citizens United is a win for all of us.

The restrictions on direct donations to candidates remain in place.

Last edited:
Right-wing extremists taint Tea Party protests, hurt conservative cause | The Eagle Online

This was from a conservative on conservatives. The Tea Partiers are sick extremist monkeys with severe mental issues and are in need of help. When you believe lies are the truth and believe it as gospel something is wrong.
The Tea Party members and participants are nothing more then a solid cross section of America.

I have to conclude that you think(Note that I find no evidence of this from your posting) that the American people are too stupid to know what is good for them and that the American people are nothing but 'sick extremist monkeys with severe mental issues' simply because they disagree with your outlook on life.

Those bastards. Out there running their own lives without needing government. Must terrify you that something like that could actually catch on.

Actually I think both sides are right on this. In my area, the TeaParty people started as out-and-out loons, but they've moved towards the middle over time. Now I'd say it's a general "there's a lot wrong with government" movement.

You know how the GOP plays dirty politics? So did Thomas Jefferson back in his day. John Adams wanted to work with Jefferson and the Congress but like todays Republicans, all they cared about was sabotaging Adams.

Adams was hurt by this and he and Jefferson were no longer friends. Only late in their lives did Jefferson apologize.

In recent times the GOP have two strategists who perfected dirty politics. Lee Atwater sabotaged Dukakis and helped Reagan win and more recently Rove and Delay were the dirty politicians who would stop at nothing to win. No matter how low they had to go. Lie cheat or steal.

I would have sworn that Jefferson died before the Republican party was formed!!

Maybe you are talking about the Whigs?

And when we talk about Dirty politics, just remember that Dem used dirty politics long before there were a Republican party. In fact, Democrats used dirty politics before any existing party in the world!!

Now that is just old and dirty if you asked me!!

That's not what the Supreme Court said.

The SCOTUS ruled that corporations could pay for advocacy (electioneering communications) ads during election cycles. Such ads require full disclosure and disclaimer - so anyone seeing them knows who sponsored them. Given the admission of the Solicitor General that the law, if upheld, could be used to BAN BOOKS, a win by Citizens United is a win for all of us.

The restrictions on direct donations to candidates remain in place.

Just to add a bit, the Supreme Court ruled that corporations may place political ads.

Part of their reasoning is that newspapers are part of corporations too, also with the internet and how blurred it has become it's absurd to allow it in media and not corporations.

It's also called freedom.Corporations are made up of people (that's my opinion).

That Marxist Leader Mao Tse Obama doesn't like it, justifies it even more.

This is another case where Barak Hussein proved to be an arrogant fuck. There is nothing in the law that says that the Supreme Court justices have to pay there for the state of the union. They come out of respect for the office. For the Kenyan to call them out because he didn't like a ruling was very rude.

Survey: Four in 10 Tea Party members are Democrats or independents - The Hill's Ballot Box

Survey: Four in 10 Tea Party members are Democrats or independentsBy Sean J. Miller - 04/04/10 03:29 PM ET
Four in 10 Tea Party members are either Democrats or Independents, according to a new national survey.

The findings provide one of the most detailed portraits to date of the grassroots movement that started last year.

...The national breakdown of the Tea Party composition is 57 percent Republican, 28 percent Independent and 13 percent Democratic,

...The Winston Group conducted three national telephone surveys of 1,000 registered voters between December and February. Of those polled, 17 percent – more than 500 people -- said they were “part of the Tea Party movement.”

So it's rude for him to express his opinion? You're such a partisan hack.

You have no concept of how corporations are different from living people do you? The ramifications of those differences result in a huuuge disparity in influence...but you wouldn't get that would you, Mike?

You live in a kindergarten world where "FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOMMMM!!!" is a really REALLY simple concept and anyone should be able to do whatever the heck they want to in the name of freedom.

Grow up and realize that just because something isn't obvious on its face doesn't mean it isn't true.

Treating organizations like persons is ridiculous. I disagree with this ruling from the SCOTUS. But if they're going to do that...why not extend that idea of corporations as persons across all of the crimes and laws ...not just select ones.

Calling them out when they are honoring him by coming to his stupid speech is rude.

What about newspapers? They are pretty big. Should they have a right to publically endorse a candidate? They are part of corporations?

Here is a test.

Corporations are made up of:

1) Robots

2) Seals

3) People.

Scroll down for answer

3) People

Last edited:
Tell you what.

You go take a law school class on each of the following: Corporations, Business Associations, Contracts, Secured Transactions, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, and Torts...

then come back with some knowledge about how Corporations are run by people, but have entirely different capabilities, responsibilities, and legal capacities.

Once you do...I might actually take you seriously.

Corporations and businesses have the Constitutional right to protect their own interests. That right is not limited to only individual citizens.

That is My unmovable position on this issue.

Tell you what.

You go take a law school class on each of the following: Corporations, Business Associations, Contracts, Secured Transactions, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, and Torts...

then come back with some knowledge about how Corporations are run by people, but have entirely different capabilities, responsibilities, and legal capacities.

Once you do...I might actually take you seriously.

:clap2:

So it's rude for him to express his opinion? You're such a partisan hack.

You have no concept of how corporations are different from living people do you? The ramifications of those differences result in a huuuge disparity in influence...but you wouldn't get that would you, Mike?

You live in a kindergarten world where "FREEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOMMMM!!!" is a really REALLY simple concept and anyone should be able to do whatever the heck they want to in the name of freedom.

Grow up and realize that just because something isn't obvious on its face doesn't mean it isn't true.

Treating organizations like persons is ridiculous. I disagree with this ruling from the SCOTUS. But if they're going to do that...why not extend that idea of corporations as persons across all of the crimes and laws ...not just select ones.

Yeah... Obama was extremely rude to the Supreme Court. By tradition, they're not allowed to react or to argue back. There were a myriad of other venues where The Obama might have expressed his celestial displeasure, including privately. What he did instead was childish.

Oh... and in terms of "disparity of influence", what would you call free concerts, performed by the likes of Bruce Springsteen and Billy Joel as fund-raisers for Barack Obama? Is Oprah Winfrey an individual or a corporation these days? :eusa_eh:

It seems to me, that unless we're willing to stuff a gag in the mouth of any individual with a "disparity of influence", than we're going to have to let EVERYONE have their say.

Forum List

Back