Facts About Judaism

whose perception is that? that of John and Charles Wesley?? we got
their followers here?
Right on cue.

amazing ----will they be posting ----I LOVE THEIR SERMONS
I love their evasiveness.

in what way are John and Charles evasive?

Ding should know. He has a black belt in the art of it.
Me?

I always answer questions about my beliefs

I’m not ashamed of my beliefs.

One of the flaws of religions of revelation is so called sacred texts which were written under the guise of God. And therefore, they must be completely accurate and truthful. But they were written by people based on their perceptions and contain some unreliable things (made up stories).

Let's remember the Plagues of Egypt. It is hard to imagine that these events underwent without notice of Egyptian historians of the time. But there is no mention of them in the literature.

What do the religious Jews feel about that? How is this explained?

Get someone to invite you to next year's Seder. Then you'll find out.
Or you could just answer it now.

This is a perfect example of the evasiveness I was talking about.

You don't need to set the precedent of how things should be discussed. According to you.
True.

And you should own your evasiveness.

Don’t evade it.

I got wise to you long ago. And therefore, tread warily.

Right on cue.

Me?

What's that got to do with anything?

One of the flaws of religions of revelation is so called sacred texts which were written under the guise of God. And therefore, they must be completely accurate and truthful. But they were written by people based on their perceptions and contain some unreliable things (made up stories).

Let's remember the Plagues of Egypt. It is hard to imagine that these events underwent without notice of Egyptian historians of the time. But there is no mention of them in the literature.

to what literature do you allude? the daily cairo chronicle? the NILE TIMES?
It is lame. The history of Ancient Egypt has been expored quite well, the hierogliphs deciphered, established the history of various dynasties and so on. And it is strange that there havent been found any 'official documents' (please don't equate them with leaked emails, ok) about these significant events.

try again----the hieroglyphs of Egypt are found on tombs (aka pyramids) and
record the GLORIOUS lives of the GLORIOUS dead------not the miseries of the
country. The material available to actually figure out the details of the history of
Egypt-----are very scant. In fact, in the history of Egypt---various "kings" actually
expunged stuff they did not like-------including the entire history of the OTHER kings they hated. Your concept of a well detailed "OFFICIAL RECORD" is kinda
ludicrous

Right on cue.

Me?

why would anyone be interested in your "PERSONAL BELIEFS" -----I am
trained in science------not my personal emotional response

Other that collecting IP addresses for Mossad to geolocate, what is the point of a thread trying to explain Judaism to non-Jews?

Judaism is complicated enough to discuss among other Jews. It's impossible to discuss with someone who has no shared frame of reference.

Other that collecting IP addresses for Mossad to geolocate, what is the point of a thread trying to explain Judaism to non-Jews?

Judaism is complicated enough to discuss among other Jews. It's impossible to discuss with someone who has no shared frame of reference.

so true. In fact, for the reason you cite, it is impossible for non-jews to understand
the person JESUS. --- A young Pharisee, clearly educated in the Pharisee manner----DISPUTED like a reasonable Talmudic person. It is the DISPUTED part that
confuses people who expect "CUT IN STONE" party-line which would magically be
consistent with the religion of the HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE as per Constantine

Fuck them and the horse they rode in on.
Easy, Adolph. Just kidding about the Adolph thing. Seriously, what could you possibly have against the Jews besides their tribal cliquish behavior and their propensity to act like assholes to outsiders.

Isn’t Jesus king of the Jews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pilate said, “So you are a king?” Jesus responded, “You say I am a king. Actually, I was born and came into the world to testify to the truth. All who love the truth recognize that what I say is true.”

Nice how you omitted "... of the Jews?" in the Matthean verse there, guy.

The verse reads, "And Jesus stood before the governor [Pilate], and the governor asked him, saying, 'Are you the King of the Jews?' Jesus said, 'It is as you say.' " -- Matthew 27:11

http://www.jewfaq.org/index.shtml

Many people know very little about Judaism. This site will answer most any questions you have.
Not all Jews do things exactly the same. There are 3 main denominations:Orthodox, Conservative and Reform. Orthodox are the most dedicated of the 3. Reform are the most casual.

Jews are a tiny minority. There are only 13 million Jews worldwide, which represents only 0.2% of the population.
Are you Jewish?
Of course he is Jewish...Jews love them some auto fellatio.

... Said Trish Von Blow, fellatrix extraordinaire.

Shlomo
http://www.jewfaq.org/index.shtml

Many people know very little about Judaism. This site will answer most any questions you have.
Not all Jews do things exactly the same. There are 3 main denominations:Orthodox, Conservative and Reform. Orthodox are the most dedicated of the 3. Reform are the most casual.

Jews are a tiny minority. There are only 13 million Jews worldwide, which represents only 0.2% of the population.
Are you Jewish?
Of course he is Jewish...Jews love them some auto fellatio.
Not until he tells me he is he’s not.
The Jew is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a scoundrel, parasite, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a Jew and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: “I’ve been found out.”
J. Goebbels

Back on your knees, Trish

Easy, Adolph. Just kidding about the Adolph thing. Seriously, what could you possibly have against the Jews besides their tribal cliquish behavior and their propensity to act like assholes to outsiders.

the romans invented that idea so that they could execute him for sedition
against Rome. At that time the Romans decided who should be king
So Jesus wasn't a Jew?

yes-----there were jews in Judea at that time whom the romans placed in various
positions. But Jesus was a Pharisee------the romans hated Pharisees and the feeling was mutual. They preferred Sadducees
There is no indication that Jesus was a pharisee. As a matter of fact there is no indication that Jesus belonged to any specific Jewish religious faction.
You have been lied to. Jews cannot be trusted.

Mama Von Blow is a good-looking woman, is she?

It is lame. The history of Ancient Egypt has been expored quite well, the hierogliphs deciphered, established the history of various dynasties and so on. And it is strange that there havent been found any 'official documents' (please don't equate them with leaked emails, ok) about these significant events.

country. The material available to actually figure out the details of the history of
Egypt-----are very scant. In fact, in the history of Egypt---various "kings" actually
expunged stuff they did not like-------including the entire history of the OTHER kings they hated. Your concept of a well detailed "OFFICIAL RECORD" is kinda
ludicrous
Your assertions are simplified, if not to say primitive. According to Jewish tradition, Moses lived at the times of New Kingdom of Egypt. This period is the most prominent in Ancient Egypt's history, with the most prominent pharaohs. It is the time when political might and culture reached their zenith. It was when a 'profession' of scribes emerged.
Tombs you say? Read something about papirus.

BULL. I discuss it with Gentiles all the time. You are totally full of it.

ludicrous
Your assertions are simplified, if not to say primitive. According to Jewish tradition, Moses lived at the times of New Kingdom of Egypt. This period is the most prominent in Ancient Egypt's history, with the most prominent pharaohs. It is the time when political might and culture reached their zenith. It was when a 'profession' of scribes emerged.
Tombs you say? Read something about papirus.

learn to spell-----PAPYRUS. The scribes were actually a POSSESSION OF THE KING (0k pharaoh). The schools that taught the chosen few to BE SCRIBES----were entirely under the ROYAL THUMB. They wrote for HIM and
that which he wanted written. They were not free agent Journalists or writers of satire.
When you find the comprehensive history of
Egypt by the dissident Egyptian writer for the
CAIRO ONION-----let me know. (you should learn something about actual real
Egyptian society---very controlled and caste like and MOSTLY ILLITERATE except for the
SCRIBES OF THE PALACE

Pilate said, “So you are a king?” Jesus responded, “You say I am a king. Actually, I was born and came into the world to testify to the truth. All who love the truth recognize that what I say is true.”

The verse reads, "And Jesus stood before the governor [Pilate], and the governor asked him, saying, 'Are you the King of the Jews?' Jesus said, 'It is as you say.' " -- Matthew 27:11

Hmmm, so people that believe in Jesus and denounce Jews are hypocrites?

Me?

why would anyone be interested in your "PERSONAL BELIEFS" -----I am
trained in science------not my personal emotional response
Curiosity? Comparative analysis? Search for common ground?

Those things serve science well too.

But the point is I’m not evasive about mine like you are with yours.

Get someone to invite you to next year's Seder. Then you'll find out.
Or you could just answer it now.

This is a perfect example of the evasiveness I was talking about.

You don't need to set the precedent of how things should be discussed. According to you.
True.

And you should own your evasiveness.

Don’t evade it.

I got wise to you long ago. And therefore, tread warily.
Yes, I’m very dangerous.

I ask questions. :lol:

Not intentional. I grabbed the first one I found.

It doesn’t matter either way because his response was the same. You say I am.

Forum List

Back