Facts that PROVE the rich are NOT paying their fair share

Sadly, they are paying WAY more than their fair share, while the lazy parasite class (ie liberals, progressives, Democrats, etc.) are along for the free ride in this country.

You mean like Warren Buffet?

The top 1% of EARNERS (key word here parasites - the wealthy EARN their wealth - they don't "have it" as you idiots like to say)

1) If you're going to start off with emotionally charged terms, you lose the right to stake claims to facts.

2) You have to SPEND money to MAKE money, right? So it stands to reason that those who MAKE the most HAD the most to spend.

And the top 10% MAKE how much of total income?

Like Warren Buffet?

This is ridiculously unfair. If they earn 13% of the wealth, they should shoulder the burden for 13% of the taxes. How can these idiot parasites complain the wealthy don't pay their fair share when the top 1% pays nearly 40% of all taxes, and the top 10% pays an asinine 70%?!?!?! More proof of how stupid the idiot liberal, progressive, Democrat parasites are....

Like Warren Buffet?

You said you had facts and figures from the IRS. All you're offering is the proclamations of a blogger. Here are some facts and figures directly from the IRS. Some interesting things to note.

The TOP category of gross taxes generated is the $100-$200 group. Comes out to a tax rate of 17.6% of taxable income. Not exactly the big deal you're trying to make it out to be.[/QUOTE]

There is nothing "emotional" about facts - and the facts are - the left is nothing but the parasite class that wants life handed to them because they are too lazy to get up off the couch and do something with their life. They want Communism so they don't have to work

The top 1% of EARNERS . . . pay almost 40% of all taxes.

The top 10% of EARNERS pay 70% of all taxes

You left out of the picture how much of the income they receive.

In anticipation for when you correct that omission, I'll leave you with the thoughts of a great liberal economist from the past on the subject of taxation:

"The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. … It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations

Just an FYI - there is nothing great about a Communist spewing propaganda on an idea that has been proven, world wide - time and time again - to fail spectacularly.

You, nor Mr. Adam Smith, have ZERO right to decide what constitutes "luxuries" or "vanities of life" for someone else. It's called FREEDOM. If I earn money, it's my business to do with it as I see fit. Not your business. And certainly not the business of the government. You people are just so hateful and spiteful of others success. Sad

No? I would say that Nancy Pelosi has done a fine job of sabotaging the President.

You're not smart enough to use my words in your sig, especially when you knowingly take them out of context .....

What? You didn't say those things? Shame on you, ITM.

Of course I said them, but not in that context....

Another reason why I hate liberals - they're manipulators.

They take peoples words and re-organize them..

That is fucking dishonest, you damn well knew what I meant yet you dishonestly and knowingly twist my words..

It shows how evil and dishonest you parasites really are...

You're not smart enough to use my words in your sig, especially when you knowingly take them out of context .....

What? You didn't say those things? Shame on you, ITM.

Of course I said them, but not in that context....

Another reason why I hate liberals - they're manipulators.

They take peoples words and re-organize them..

That is fucking dishonest, you damn well knew what I meant yet you dishonestly and knowingly twist my words..

It shows how evil and dishonest you parasites really are...

First of all, dummy, I don't have your fucking words in my sig. You are bitching at the wrong lefty. There is no second of all.

You're quote is as ignorant as you are. It's not Republicans job to "do something for others".

tumblr_ln6dxb6rjk1qz80pso1_500.jpg

It's YOUR job to get your lazy, pathetic, parasite ass up out of bed and do for YOURSELF.

And what makes you think that any given person is not already doing this as much as is possible? You assume that poor people are such and such, but without any evidence. Why do you insist on making this class warfare?

I have several friends who are pretty liberal. They're all hard working, decent people. I think the problem is that you're already sick. You probably have some major emotional illness going on and should seek out a doctor.

That's not true. Our society only allows you to pursue those things for which you can already pay. And considering that often times the pay can be very expensive, social programs are necessary in order to allow a greater portion of the citizenry to pursue what they want and sometimes what they need. But you're hellbent on engaging in class warfare. You want to deny the same opportunity to the poor and blame it on them that you've hindered them. You want to insist that they are undeserving, that they are lesser people, that they are inherently unworthy. You throw every bad name you can at them in order to justify not allowing them to have an equal opportunity.

and you're all too damn lazy to get out of bed.

See what I mean? :eusa_whistle: You're making assumptions about people you don't even know. You know, one of my family members is heavily dependent on government entitlements. He's fully disabled, has been since he was an infant. He CAN'T get out of bed without the help of a caregiver and specialized equipment. He works harder each day just to scratch his head than you do all week. Stop the blind hatred, go get a shrink, and work out your issues.

You want Republicans to "do for you".

Why are you making this a partisan thing? I think what most people want is for society to establish for itself policies and practices that allow us to function as a SOCIETY where we all can contribute a reasonable degree based on our ability to do so, to help take care of each other.

I have, at times, witnessed car accidents. I wasn't alone in pulling over to offer help, a couple times even having to offer first aid. They weren't people I knew. But they are fellow members of my community. I was happy to help, and so were the others who offered their help as well. Once, I was in a car accident. Flipped my car. I was grateful when people stopped to help me. But thank god for the government services of the police, fire, and rescue departments who were there. As great as individual action is, our society benefits from having government run professional operations.

All of your comments are terribly disturbing. Lets set aside the fact that you can't dispute what I said, so you turn to nonsense like "you must be sick, blah, blah, blah, blah". You're every comment is about "Society" and "we". Sorry chief - America was built on "I". The individual. The right to pursue what the INDIVIDUAL wants.

And you're also full of shit on your entire sad and brainwashed belief that only billionaires can make money. If that's the case genius, how did the first billionaire become a billionaire, because if he was the first one, then obviously he didn't have that when he started. Another great example - Chris Gardner. Go watch the Pursuit of Happyness my uninformed, brainwashed friend and then come talk to me about "Our society only allows you to pursue those things for which you can already pay" (what an insanely ignorant comment). You clearly have lost the argument when you have to turn to completely false statements like this. Chris Gardner was literally homeless. And without the assistance of government or ANYONE else, he make himself into a multi-millionaire. You are dead wrong on your idiot stance on this issue and you know it.

As far as your car accident insanity, you prove your beliefs are wrong once again. On two occasions, I have intervened on serious car accidents as you have. In both cases, we did it of OUR OWN FREE WILL. That's the entire point! Government didn't set a law that said we had to intervene. We did it of OUR OWN FREE WILL. That's what this country is built on. Freedom. Personal choice. And Americans, when given the freedom to think for themselves, make the right choice - hence the reason both you (idiot Communist) and I (Conservative American) took action without being forced to by government. So thank you for contradicting your own point with that illustration.

Finally, as far as your absurd cartoon picture, I would like to point out how you once again contradict yourself with your own illustration. No where in the bible does it say "thou shall have government FORCE other people to 'help'". Hell, Jesus himself didn't even force others to help. Once again, this nation was built on FREEDOM my Communist comrade. Neither you nor your Communist pals have any business telling others they must help anyone, and it's particularly deplorable doing so in the name of Jesus (especially since the left is a bunch of atheist Communists). Even God gave us free will. Just like America did before the idiot Marxist movement of the late 1800's and equally stupid Communist movement of the early 1900's. Freedom. Free will. I'll decide if I want to help someone. And I'll decide when. And how much help. You and your communist government have no business deciding for others that they should "help".

the kid is working his way up in life...

You understand the concept???

He is being exploited by those who want dirt-cheap labor and have no respect for the rights of others. You understand that one?

He knows if he works hard enough it will payoff.

That's the way it's supposed to be, but it's not the way it is. The way it is, the payoffs come with gaming the system and exploiting others. Hard work is only a way to tread water. And there is something desperately wrong with that.

Do you realize how sad of a statement that is Dragon? Their are people all over the world who would literally committ murder to come to America and get a job. And here you sit, calling an honest job "exploitation". You are truly pathetic and should be ashamed of yourself. You're nothing but the spoiled billionaire kid who has the world in the palm of his hands, but doesn't appreciate it and instead complains about everything.

Living in America. Enjoying freedom. And being gainfully employed. The ultimate dream of destitute people all over the world and Dragon calls it "exploitation". You're an embarassment to America. You're an embarassment to your family. And you're an embarassment to mankind.

Those top 10% buy politicians to change laws so they can legally screw the American people.

Right winger drooling morons are simply too fucking stupid to ever get that.

But lets look at some facts.

The economic meltdown led by Wall Street. How can trillions be taken out of the economy without anyone going to jail? Because what used to be against the law isn't. Not anymore.

How can the US Chamber of Commerce, financed by China, Russia and India, give tens of millions to Republican politicians 10 to 1 over Democrats, but then say, "Oh, we keep our money in "separate" accounts". Oh sure. Somehow, they come up with tens of millions of dollars from these countries. It disappears, but none of it ends up paying Republican politicians. Thanks to the Supreme Court, they get to keep their accounting secret. A conservative Supreme Court that has shown itself to be the most partisan in history, voting again and again 5 to 4.

Health care companies don't make anything. They down employ any doctors. They make their money from skimming insurance policies. How can such a CEO receive a paycheck for $100,000,000.00? How is that legally possible? Because NOW it's "legal".

Notice Republicans don't even seem to know that "supply and demand" is the foundation of capitalism. No wonder they see these scams as "capitalism" and as long as it's legal, it's OK! The fuckers.

It's not about how hard you work or how thrifty you are. It's about how much money you have and who you can pay off.

You're quote is as ignorant as you are. It's not Republicans job to "do something for others". It's YOUR job to get your lazy, pathetic, parasite ass up out of bed and do for YOURSELF. You lazy liberals make me sick. You've been blessed with the greatest country in the world that allows you to pursue anything you want, and you're all too damn lazy to get out of bed. You want Republicans to "do for you".

See what I mean about "drooling idiot". You've had so much Kool-Aid, that you believe crimes are the fault of the victim.

Even more pathetic, you are one of the victims.

Awww... is lazy, little RDEAN upset because nobody wants to play mommy & daddy for him and provide for his lazy little ass? You're such an idiot, you think the criminal IS the victim and the victim is the criminal! You're the typical left-wing idiot who allows criminals to walk the streets because locking them up is "wrong" since "it's not their fault they are criminals - it was the 'environment' they were brought up in".

I once had the pleasure of serving under a great leader. And he used to tell us "Excuses are like assholes gentlemen - everybody has one, and they ALL stink". And you're a typical lazy left-wing idiot - full of excuses to avoid having to make your own way through life. Go move to Cuba idiot. Don't bring Cuba to the US.

You left out of the picture how much of the income they receive.

In anticipation for when you correct that omission, I'll leave you with the thoughts of a great liberal economist from the past on the subject of taxation:

"The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. … It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations

Just an FYI - there is nothing great about a Communist spewing propaganda on an idea that has been proven, world wide - time and time again - to fail spectacularly.

Adam Smith was a Communist?

Sadly, they are paying WAY more than their fair share, while the lazy parasite class (ie liberals, progressives, Democrats, etc.) are along for the free ride in this country. These are numbers directly from the IRS and cannot be disputed:

The top 1% of EARNERS (key word here parasites - the wealthy EARN their wealth - they don't "have it" as you idiots like to say) pay almost 40% of all taxes.

The top 10% of EARNERS pay 70% of all taxes!!!

Meanwhile, the filthy liberal, progressive, Democrat lazy parasites earn 13% of the wealth but pay only 3%

This is ridiculously unfair. If they earn 13% of the wealth, they should shoulder the burden for 13% of the taxes. How can these idiot parasites complain the wealthy don't pay their fair share when the top 1% pays nearly 40% of all taxes, and the top 10% pays an asinine 70%?!?!?! More proof of how stupid the idiot liberal, progressive, Democrat parasites are....

What the Top 10 Percent of Earners Really Pay in Taxes

The top 1% owns more wealth than the bottom 90% combined, yet they are paying only 40% of the taxes.....

You want those who don't have anything to pay what they don't have? And those who have to not pay their fair share?

No stupid, the top 1% does not "own" 90% of the wealth. The top 1% EARNED 90% of the wealth. And if the lazy, idiot liberals would get off of their lazy asses, they too could own some of the wealth.

I really wish we could all just get along. All this bitterness and hatred is what is screwing up our government. Politicians don't care about the country. They care about their party and beating the other party. I would love to see all Americans fight for a single cause because in the end it affects all of us.

That is the idea, Georgia Boy..............I am pleased to subsidize your use of the nation's infrastructure, security and communications network.

Well if you are so "please to subsidize" for Society, then why don't YOU do it? Why do you feel the need to FORCE everyone else to do what you think is good? Exactly.

Do you know why nobody had to be forced to purchase the iPad or the iPhone? Because they are both really good. You only have to FORCE people to do something when it's a really bad idea. That's why the free market flourishes and Communism collapses nations. Game. Set. Match.

Add that to a GOP in power that would rather do everything it can to prevent anything the president wants to do rather than trying to help fix the problems of the country and you end up with the shit show we have now.

Since everything Papa Obama has done- had failed greatly
Perhaps to not do what Obama would do is the best choice
:eusa_whistle:

Of course it is good to see the Left has the other "usual" suspects also to blame
for their failed policies

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMjm4LxFa1c]Anti-Semitic Protester at Occupy Wall Street - LA - YouTube[/ame]

Which Obama policies have "failed greatly"?

It would be a lot quicker to say "which one's haven't". But just to help you out, cause you're clearly lost if you are asking that question...

His FIRST stimulus package. Promising unemployment would never rise above 8% if he could have the package he wanted, Obama rammed an $800 billion bill down the throat of the American people, only to see it fail spectacularly. Not only did unemployment rise above 8%, it rose above 9%!!! Additionally, he promised the bill would create over 3 million jobs. In fact, we have lost about 6 million. So he was off by "only" 9 million by his estimates. Anyone else who was so far off on an estimate that cost $800 billion and failed that badly would have been fired in a week.

His SECOND stimulus package - the Ominus Bill - failed miserably as well. As you can see above, despite a second round of insane spending, unemployment went UP not down.

His "Green Jobs" initiative - As of this summer, of the nearly 53,000 people who had completed the training at a cost of $163 million, barely 8,000 had found work. Only 1,000 had held a job for more than six months, according to a report released this month by the Labor Department's inspector general. He traded 1,000 jobs for $163 million. That is failure the likes of which we have never seen before in world history!

His Frank & Dodd "Finance Reform Bil" - thanks to this idiotic piece of legislation, free checking is going away for all of us unless we keep a 5-figure balance. Additionally, we are all going to start getting charged each time we use our debit cards. It really shows how stupid the left is - they try to punish the rich and all that happens is the poor gets punished. Bill Gates and Warren Buffet won't get hit with checking fees because their balances are so high and they can afford the debit card charges for each purchase. But this will KILL low income America. Great job Dems! Morons....

Gitmo! After promising to close Gitmo within 3 months of taking office, Gitmo remains open after almost 3 years.

Civilian trials for terrorists! After promising to try terrorists in civilian courts (which is absolutely hysterical since terrorists are not American citizens and therefore are not protected by the US Constitution - after all people, the US Constitution is NOT a global document. It is a US document that applies to the US and US citizens ONLY), he has now realized what a stupid promise that was and is trying them before Military Tribunals - just like the predecessor he hated so much did.

I would continue, but I would crash the US Message Board servers because they don't have the capacity to hold all of the failures by Barack Hussein Obama.

Facts that PROVE the rich are NOT paying their fair share

"Fair share" is a bullshit fascist legal fiction used by the Department of InJustice to prosecute alleged tax evaders.

Americans are ONLY responsible for those taxes that are Constitutionally imposed on ALL Americans ...rich and poor alike.

How about you guys establish what their fair share is, and then we can all measurably determine whether anyone is paying their fair share.

And I should say that the idea that anyone should be working until April to pay off the government doesn't seem fair at all to me.

this is true. I don't want any new taxes. But that isn't really an option.
Do you mean you don't want new taxes on the lower income levels only? Or are you amenable to increased taxes on the upper levels? If not, why not?

In case you you don't know it, the progressive tax rate during the most productive and prosperous decades in our history capped at 91%.

The income tax rate of upper income levels:

1950 - 91%

1980 - 70%

1985 - 50%

1987 - 38%

2004 - 35%

http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/f...y-june2010.pdf

Reductions in those maximum tax rates began with the Reagan Administration, along with other deregulations of the finance industry. If you'll research the numbers you'll find the economy began its decline in almost perfect symmetry with the decreases and deregulations.

The phenomenon is not coincidental.

The tax loopholes back then were abundant..

No one paid 91% ever....

That was the maximum if you met certain criteria - no one did...

All those tax numbers are in theory..

It would be impossible to pay 91% in tax and still own a business...

It's amazing how anyone would not realize that...
The 91% maximum rate was enacted back then specifically to surmount the evasive use of loopholes. Whereas the best a talented tax accountant could do for an upper level taxpayer in the 1950s was (according to Robert Reich) to knock the 91% rate down to around 60%, the present situation is such that most major corporations pay as little as zero tax. So all things being relative it seems that restoration of the 91% maximum rate is the way to get corporations to pay an appropriate level of taxes.

(Excerpt)

WASHINGTON | Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:54pm EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Most U.S. and foreign corporations doing business in the United States avoid paying any federal income taxes, despite trillions of dollars worth of sales, a government study released on Tuesday said.

The Government Accountability Office said 72 percent of all foreign corporations and about 57 percent of U.S. companies doing business in the United States paid no federal income taxes for at least one year between 1998 and 2005.

More than half of foreign companies and about 42 percent of U.S. companies paid no U.S. income taxes for two or more years in that period, the report said.

During that time corporate sales in the United States totaled $2.5 trillion, according to Democratic Sens. Carl Levin of Michigan and Byron Dorgan of North Dakota, who requested the GAO study.

(Close)

Study says most corporations pay no U.S. income taxes | Reuters

Last edited:
I really wish we could all just get along. All this bitterness and hatred is what is screwing up our government. Politicians don't care about the country. They care about their party and beating the other party. I would love to see all Americans fight for a single cause because in the end it affects all of us.

The problem is you have simpleton brainwashed morons on this board and in life who want socialism, which violates the Bill of Rights, hence makes it illegal, yet they could care less just as long as they get something for free.

They're like monkeys who just take fruit off trees and eat it... Well now the fruit is running out and they're attacking the trees..

They want more fruit...

You see all these progressives do is demand free shit and have zero solution for their demands other than denying they're de facto socialists..

Besides this is a political board - what did you expect? agreement? :lol:

Hmm, socialism is illegal yet we gave $BILLIONS in taxpayer bailouts to companies that were irresponsible.

Socialism is illegal yet when the income tax started it was 90% on the top1%, pretty much what it should be today.

Socialism is illegal yet we had the best economy when the top tax rate was 70% and mw had the highest spending power in history.

Funny, I didn't see anything in the constitution, the declaration of Independence OR the Bill of Rights that banned socialism. I specifically remember a clause that stated "for the welfare of the people"...

Funny how people only want socialism when it benefits them. Let the bankers have $billions and take their vacations on our tax dollars, just for heaven's sake, don't give money to those that don't have any.....you need to tax them.

LOL well, that's the first time I have ever seen Adam Smith called a Communist. It's true that he was a liberal, which a lot of conservatives don't understand, but a Communist? Bear in mind that he predated Marx by almost a century.

Graduated income tax has not been shown to fail spectacularly; on the contrary, during the decades when the U.S. economy was the strongest in its history (by more than two to one measured by growth in per capita GDP), top marginal tax rates ranged from 70% to 92%.

I notice you didn't answer my question about how much of the nation's income the top X% pull in. Without that, the figure of how much of the total tax burden they pay doesn't mean very much at all.

The Top 1% do not earn their wealth. They pay 15% tax rate(if any taxes at all due to loop holes) on investments, while the other 99% pay a much higher tax rate on their money and do so the old fashion way, they earn it working for a living.

STOP listening to the propaganda that comes out of the top %, and from their misguided mouthpieces in the Republican Party. Think for yourself and support your own class, not the top 1%.

The Top 1% do not earn their wealth. They pay 15% tax rate(if any taxes at all due to loop holes) on investments, while the other 99% pay a much higher tax rate on their money and do so the old fashion way, they earn it working for a living.

STOP listening to the propaganda that comes out of the top %, and from their misguided mouthpieces in the Republican Party. Think for yourself and support your own class, not the top 1%.

sure they earned it asswipe. you didn't GIVE it to them.. they worked for it and earned stop listening to propaganda. stop conducting class war fare. get off well fare and get yer ass a job..

Forum List

Back