Failed black state again: now S.Sudan

Blacks didn't receive anything. The people native to those regions decided to reclaim what is theirs. Success and failure has little to do with black or white, but rather a whole lot of complicated factors.
Would you kindly explain some of those complicated factors for those of us who would genuinely appreciate being educated on the topic.

Thanks.

I doubt there is any "genuine" interest....

For one example - a number of former colonies were set up as a means to provide raw resources to Europe, who then created the value added product: cloth, steel, furniture etc. None of that was reinvested into the country's infrastructure, institutions or people. Doing so also broke down traditional economies creating a mono-economy based on say, coffee or cotton. So when some of these countries gained independence they lacked the educational systems, infrastructure, democratic institutions for sucessful democratic transitions. People think it's all about the vote, but it really isn't. The vote means nothing if corruption is rife, transition of power is done with violence, etc. If a country can't protect it's citizens and treat - all of it's citizens, equally, then often tribal, ethnic and religious identifications become more important than national ones and you end up with sectarian conflicts. So in some cases when you talk about a failed state, on the surface you see corruption, dictatorships, sectarian violence - but beneath the surface is a lot more. That applies to some states and it doesn't help that many of these states have artificially imposed boundaries that force different people's together that didn't ordinarily get along. Other factors include extreme poverty and famine, few resources and climate.

This has nothing to do with race because failed states occur through out the world and there are many successful states as well in Africa.

I'm not sure why people think South Africa was so successful under Apartheid since sucess was limited to only one race. Mugabwe destroyed Zimbabwe in a way that did not occur in South Africa, but the transition was also very different.

There is an interesting list of failed states along with explanations:
The 25 Most Failed States On Earth

God, that too complicated and too much history. They are just going to go with "Cause Dey Black" because thats easier

For one example - a number of former colonies were set up as a means to provide raw resources to Europe, who then created the value added product: cloth, steel, furniture etc. None of that was reinvested into the country's infrastructure, institutions or people. Doing so also broke down traditional economies creating a mono-economy based on say, coffee or cotton. So when some of these countries gained independence they lacked the educational systems, infrastructure, democratic institutions for sucessful democratic transitions. People think it's all about the vote, but it really isn't. The vote means nothing if corruption is rife, transition of power is done with violence, etc. If a country can't protect it's citizens and treat - all of it's citizens, equally, then often tribal, ethnic and religious identifications become more important than national ones and you end up with sectarian conflicts. So in some cases when you talk about a failed state, on the surface you see corruption, dictatorships, sectarian violence - but beneath the surface is a lot more. That applies to some states and it doesn't help that many of these states have artificially imposed boundaries that force different people's together that didn't ordinarily get along. Other factors include extreme poverty and famine, few resources and climate.

This has nothing to do with race because failed states occur through out the world and there are many successful states as well in Africa.

I'm not sure why people think South Africa was so successful under Apartheid since sucess was limited to only one race. Mugabwe destroyed Zimbabwe in a way that did not occur in South Africa, but the transition was also very different.

Perhaps you should read a history book to see how places like the 13 colonies were little more than raw goods/resource sources for their king. How easy was it for places like the US or France in the 1700s to form functioning democracies? Instead of spouting endless liberal pablum/apologies for minorities who are incapable of building functional societies, why not stop lowering your expecatations of them and start demanding they do civilize and improve?

Has it ever occured to you that it is your perpetual affirmative action political perspective of minorities like arab muslims, blacks, and south americans that has enabled their shit behavior?

I think aid works better when it's invested on smaller scales, into individual communities to promote development of small scale economies, agriculture, etc. Kind of a bottom up rather than top down.

And when that doesn't work, what will be your idiotic excuse then?

At what point will you finally begin to place some of the blame for their failures on your beloved pet minorities instead of trying to drop it on white westerners?

I think aid works better when it's invested on smaller scales, into individual communities to promote development of small scale economies, agriculture, etc. Kind of a bottom up rather than top down.

At what point will you finally begin to place some of the blame for their failures on your beloved pet minorities instead of trying to drop it on white westerners?

I think problems like these are far more complex than you seem to credit. It's not simply one or the other's faults. You have culture, history, resources, climate, ethnic/tribal/sectarian violence that's yet to be resolved. Are you suggesting that the current means of aid through large amounts of money given to governments is effective?

I think problems like these are far more complex than you seem to credit. It's not simply one or the other's faults. You have culture, history, resources, climate, ethnic/tribal/sectarian violence that's yet to be resolved. Are you suggesting that the current means of aid through large amounts of money given to governments is effective?
Throwing money at the myriad problem solvess nothing. We have enough corruption in our own gov. We don't need to fund others.

Last edited:

Perhaps you should read a history book to see how places like the 13 colonies were little more than raw goods/resource sources for their king. How easy was it for places like the US or France in the 1700s to form functioning democracies? Instead of spouting endless liberal pablum/apologies for minorities who are incapable of building functional societies, why not stop lowering your expecatations of them and start demanding they do civilize and improve?

Has it ever occured to you that it is your perpetual affirmative action political perspective of minorities like arab muslims, blacks, and south americans that has enabled their shit behavior?

It's easier to fall back to racism isn't it?

The world of the 1700's was a different place than the world 100 years later. You can demand all you want but ignoring realities isn't going to help realize your demands.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

Sudan was divided. Muslims on the North Christians on the South. The battles are agitated by those who want control over the oil. Now where do you think the problem lies?
With militant Islam. Of course.

Sudan was just fine until it was taken over by Islamic infiltration.

Granted, oil wealth was a real factor, but Southern Sudan would have had a fighting chance if the intolerant northern Islamic regime did not commit a nation wide slaughter upon those people in the south for decades.

Last edited:

so curious, have you ever been to a neighborhood that was once all white then converted to all black? Two of my previous childhood subdivisions was this scenario. When the whites all left, the neighborhood went to shit. Why do you think doing what you proposed will end up being any different? I'm just saying. I don't get it.

there have been studies on this phenomenon, 'White Flight' it still isn't known why.

Last edited:
Wikipedia has some interesting information on this subject in

White flight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Africa
South Africa
About 800,000 out of an earlier total population of 5.2 million whites have left South Africa since 1995, according to a report from 2009.[citation needed] (Apartheid, a system of segregation of whites, blacks, and people of other races, had ended in 1994.) The country has suffered a high rate of violent crime, a primary stated reason for emigration.[citation needed] Other causes include attacks against white farmers, concern about being excluded by affirmative action programs, rolling blackouts in electrical supplies, and worries about corruption and autocratic political tendencies among new leaders. Since many of those who leave are highly educated, there are shortages of skilled personnel in the government, teaching, and other professional areas.[citation needed] Some observers fear the long-term consequences, as South Africa's labor policies make it difficult to attract skilled immigrants. The migration of whites in South Africa was facilitated by the creation of immigration routes into European countries for people with European ancestry. For instance, the British government introduced the notion of patriality to ensure white people of British ancestry from Africa could settle in the UK.[citation needed] In the global economy, some professionals and skilled people have been attracted to work in the US and European nations.[9][40]

Zimbabwe (Rhodesia)"

so curious, have you ever been to a neighborhood that was once all white then converted to all black? Two of my previous childhood subdivisions was this scenario. When the whites all left, the neighborhood went to shit. Why do you think doing what you proposed will end up being any different? I'm just saying. I don't get it.

there have been studies on this phenomenon, 'White Flight' it still isn't known why.

White flight is caused because whites believe that property values will go down when blacks move in, so they move out and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. There are plenty of wealthy and middle class predominantly black neighborhoods that don't "go to shit" and plenty of factors that cause neighborhoods to go to shit.

White flight is caused because whites believe that property values will go down when blacks move in, so they move out and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. There are plenty of wealthy and middle class predominantly black neighborhoods that don't "go to shit" and plenty of factors that cause neighborhoods to go to shit.
name one of these middle class predominantly black neighborhoods.

property values do go down when blacks move in more often than not.
As soon as they start moving in, you have to leave before too many get there. Its a known fact that blacks are much more prone to crime than whites.

10 of the Richest Black Communities in America - Atlanta Black Star

Some more interesting info on this:

Middle class whites live in nicer neighborhoods than blacks
There are three main reasons for this schism, researchers said. The wealth gap is one of them. Whites have 12 times the wealth of blacks and nearly 10 times that of Hispanics, according to the Urban Institute. That allows white families to buy homes in fancier neighborhoods than blacks and Hispanics with similar incomes.

Other factors include lingering racial discrimination in housing and the tendency to live among people of similar backgrounds.

This is particularly true of whites. Regardless of their income level, white families typically live in neighborhoods that are roughly 80% white.

Black and Hispanic families, meanwhile, live in communities that are roughly a third to a half black and Hispanic.

Here's an interesting article on this: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/u...ack-families-in-low-income-neighborhoods.html

Differences in middle class and black and white neighborhoods are vary quite a bit around the country.

There are a few upper middle class predominantly black neighborhoods in Mitchellville Maryland. And by upper class Im talking about houses in the low to mid millions.

As soon as they start moving in, you have to leave before too many get there. Its a known fact that blacks are much more prone to crime than whites.

It's a known fact that poverty has more to do with crime then race.

Its a known fact that blacks commit more crimes than whites

Sudan was divided. Muslims on the North Christians on the South. The battles are agitated by those who want control over the oil. Now where do you think the problem lies?
With militant Islam. Of course.

Sudan was just fine until it was taken over by Islamic infiltration.

Granted, oil wealth was a real factor, but Southern Sudan would have had a fighting chance if the intolerant northern Islamic regime did not commit a nation wide slaughter upon those people in the south for decades.
Yup and that points directly back to the arab connections and their cousins in asia and a few in the rest of the countries that believe they should have control over the populace. Eventually their castles and palaces will crumble.

10 of the Richest Black Communities in America - Atlanta Black Star

Some more interesting info on this:

Middle class whites live in nicer neighborhoods than blacks
There are three main reasons for this schism, researchers said. The wealth gap is one of them. Whites have 12 times the wealth of blacks and nearly 10 times that of Hispanics, according to the Urban Institute. That allows white families to buy homes in fancier neighborhoods than blacks and Hispanics with similar incomes.

Other factors include lingering racial discrimination in housing and the tendency to live among people of similar backgrounds.

This is particularly true of whites. Regardless of their income level, white families typically live in neighborhoods that are roughly 80% white.

Black and Hispanic families, meanwhile, live in communities that are roughly a third to a half black and Hispanic.

Here's an interesting article on this: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/u...ack-families-in-low-income-neighborhoods.html

Differences in middle class and black and white neighborhoods are vary quite a bit around the country.
funny stuff, I looked at the cities/ neighborhoods and mostly California. hmm, would that have to do with the movies at all? Not one city in that list not on a coast. Nice try though I'll give you that. Even had Maryland, and that's the state with Baltimore, the comments even suggest it is communities not cities. LOL. Let's see one in Detroit, or Chicago majority black. Missouri as well. Dude I'm from Missouri and live in Chicago, all one needs to do is drive through one of their communities at night. Right...........nope, people avoid it like it's the plague.

Why do you want to force a race on another? I don't get it. it's been since the 1950s jack, and it ain't any different today. I gave you the Wiki page. Go read.

Can't say that is true the richer criminal thugs have better attorneys.

Can't say that is true the richer criminal thugs have better attorneys.
The reality is that the black thugs are going to pick a black lawyer, and the chances are great that the black lawyer in question had inferior grades all the way through, but was enrolled and passed based on some affirmative action programs.
Its likely that they are doing themselves an injustice by hiring black. They should go with white.
Maybe this has to do with the longer jail times for blacks vs whites.

Forum List

Back