Fake News. The Media Story that Trump Had Rioters Tear Gassed to Get to the Church is False According to Park Police.

My first reaction when Welfare Queen opened this thread was to support LE trying to control the crowd. But as all the rest of the story comes out, it sounds like the crowd was truly manhandled. Using force against protesters who are peacefully airing their grievances and not violating any agreed upon arrangements (like curfew) is ugly. It didn't stop them from coming back yesterday for the largest protest yet. Escalating force is NOT going to solve this problem. It seems to FEED it.
What about all the other cities that are burning? Why would law enforcement not feel that it would break out in DC as well?
I would be on their side if there was good reason to be. Big crowds, emotional protesters, lots of guff; it's not an easy job and can be dangerous as hell. In this case, it doesn't seem justified. The President's decision to take a walk through an area occupied by a large crowd of protesters before curfew was an error, it sounds like to me. Humans make mistakes. It won't kill you to admit he made one.
Law enforcement has to maintain law and order so Washington DC wouldn't burn like other cities. Again you believe the false narrative that it was for a photo opportunity.

As a matter of record, the media story that Trump had rioters tear gassed so he could go to the church in D.C. is also false. The Park Police said they had no idea Trump was coming. They asked the rioters three times to leave as they were violating curfew, destroying property, and attacking law enforcement. They did not leave so the Park service took the action they did.

Completely fake news the media keeps repeating.

Key quote from the story: "But on Tuesday morning, Park Police sources told WTOP that this was not the case, arguing that the protesters were not all peaceful, that tear gas was not used, and that officers did not know of Trump’s visit to the house of worship. The outlet went on to report that the crowd was pushed back when officers were being hit with water bottles and that protesters had climbed onto the top of a structure at the north end of Lafayette Square that had been attacked and burned a day earlier.”

You are parroting fake news. I am close friends with the reverend of that Church. He was with the protestors along with other church clergy and said it was a very peaceful and spiritual protest. He said they were pushed and gased and not told that Trump was coming. There was no opportunity for church staff or protestors to make preparations

My first reaction when Welfare Queen opened this thread was to support LE trying to control the crowd. But as all the rest of the story comes out, it sounds like the crowd was truly manhandled. Using force against protesters who are peacefully airing their grievances and not violating any agreed upon arrangements (like curfew) is ugly. It didn't stop them from coming back yesterday for the largest protest yet. Escalating force is NOT going to solve this problem. It seems to FEED it.
What about all the other cities that are burning? Why would law enforcement not feel that it would break out in DC as well?
I would be on their side if there was good reason to be. Big crowds, emotional protesters, lots of guff; it's not an easy job and can be dangerous as hell. In this case, it doesn't seem justified. The President's decision to take a walk through an area occupied by a large crowd of protesters before curfew was an error, it sounds like to me. Humans make mistakes. It won't kill you to admit he made one.
Law enforcement has to maintain law and order so Washington DC wouldn't burn like other cities. Again you believe the false narrative that it was for a photo opportunity.
It was a photo op. Trump didn’t pray or go to church or even look at the damage. The church staff wasn’t even notified that he was coming. It was a photo op plain and simple and a peaceful protest was gased to clear the way. Pathetic

As a matter of record, the media story that Trump had rioters tear gassed so he could go to the church in D.C. is also false. The Park Police said they had no idea Trump was coming. They asked the rioters three times to leave as they were violating curfew, destroying property, and attacking law enforcement. They did not leave so the Park service took the action they did.

Key quote from the story: "But on Tuesday morning, Park Police sources told WTOP that this was not the case, arguing that the protesters were not all peaceful, that tear gas was not used, and that officers did not know of Trump’s visit to the house of worship. The outlet went on to report that the crowd was pushed back when officers were being hit with water bottles and that protesters had climbed onto the top of a structure at the north end of Lafayette Square that had been attacked and burned a day earlier.”

Liar. The curfew didn't start until 7:00 PM. They fired off tear gas at 6:30.
Because they were being pelted with debris.

LIAR

You Trump supporters should get your stories strait. The OP said it was past curfew. Of course that was a lie. I was watching a live feed when the cops started clearing the park. There wasn't any sign of anything being thrown until Trump's attack on innocent protesters.

It was 25 minutes before the crowd was going to be ordered to leave.
That's why Trump did it then, to tear gas them while they were still there.
prove it.

The timeline is already proven.
They had to have their asses out by 7:00PM...not one minute after. 99.99% of these so called protest have just been excuses
No tear gas was used. You buy into liberal media narrative. It was smoke grenades. God you people are dumb.
We are past that now. There is overwhelming video evidence and personal accounts of people being effected by tear gas.

The question that remains is will anyone be held accountable for the use of excessive force and the violation of the protester's constitutional rights? Not to mention Trump's callous use of a church and the bible as backdrop for a piece of propaganda.
it was pepper gas, the natural form of tearing gas, but not the chemical form tear gas made in a lab.... there is little difference, between the two....man made vs natural.

Tear Gas vs. Pepper Spray. The two biggest differences between tear gas spray and pepper spray are their chemical makeup and delivery methods. Pepper spray (sometimes referred to as “OC spray“) is a combination of natural chemicals, whereas tear gas (also called “CS gas“) comes from man-made compounds.
Tear Gas vs. Pepper Spray – Aftermath Services
Thanks for validating my post...it was not a choking agent. Fucking liberals.
pepper spray
Physical Effects: Uncontrollable watering of the eyes, extreme burning of the eyes and nose, temporary blindness, nasal and sinus discharge, burning of the skin, increase in blood pressure. In most cases, the symptoms of pepper spray last no longer than 45-60 minutes.

tear gas
Physical effects: Extreme burning of the nose, eyes, and throat, involuntary closing of the eyes, coughing, rise in blood pressure, mucus secretion, nausea, and vomiting. In most cases, the symptoms of tear gas spray subside within 30 minutes.

Lucky they weren't shot after throwing projectiles at law enforcement. They were common criminals waiting for a chance to loot and pillage.
i did not see anyone throwing things in the protester crowds I watched.... I saw a peaceful protest. Do you have video of these alleged people throwing things at park cops before the cops rushed them on horseback and fired off smoke canisters and pepper balls? Why not just arrest the alleged handful, or fire smoke bombs etc at them only, and not the whole rest of the innocent crowd?

LIAR

You Trump supporters should get your stories strait. The OP said it was past curfew. Of course that was a lie. I was watching a live feed when the cops started clearing the park. There wasn't any sign of anything being thrown until Trump's attack on innocent protesters.
A live feed does not see everything, it sees one perspective. Don't be such a moron.
You have camera footage and the testimony from the people who run the church... but you go ahead and believe the ever evolving Trump spin. Whatever gives you the warm and fuzzies

It was a photo op. Trump didn’t pray or go to church or even look at the damage. The church staff wasn’t even notified that he was coming. It was a photo op plain and simple and a peaceful protest was gased to clear the way. Pathetic
Why was the church damaged if it was a peaceful protest? That's why there was a curfew and the scumbags had to be dispersed.

LIAR

prove it.

They had to have their asses out by 7:00PM...not one minute after. 99.99% of these so called protest have just been excuses
No tear gas was used. You buy into liberal media narrative. It was smoke grenades. God you people are dumb.
We are past that now. There is overwhelming video evidence and personal accounts of people being effected by tear gas.

The question that remains is will anyone be held accountable for the use of excessive force and the violation of the protester's constitutional rights? Not to mention Trump's callous use of a church and the bible as backdrop for a piece of propaganda.
it was pepper gas, the natural form of tearing gas, but not the chemical form tear gas made in a lab.... there is little difference, between the two....man made vs natural.

Tear Gas vs. Pepper Spray. The two biggest differences between tear gas spray and pepper spray are their chemical makeup and delivery methods. Pepper spray (sometimes referred to as “OC spray“) is a combination of natural chemicals, whereas tear gas (also called “CS gas“) comes from man-made compounds.
pepper spray
Physical Effects: Uncontrollable watering of the eyes, extreme burning of the eyes and nose, temporary blindness, nasal and sinus discharge, burning of the skin, increase in blood pressure. In most cases, the symptoms of pepper spray last no longer than 45-60 minutes.

tear gas
Physical effects: Extreme burning of the nose, eyes, and throat, involuntary closing of the eyes, coughing, rise in blood pressure, mucus secretion, nausea, and vomiting. In most cases, the symptoms of tear gas spray subside within 30 minutes.

Lucky they weren't shot after throwing projectiles at law enforcement. They were common criminals waiting for a chance to loot and pillage.
i did not see anyone throwing things in the protester crowds I watched.... I saw a peaceful protest. Do you have video of these alleged people throwing things at park cops before the cops rushed them on horseback and fired off smoke canisters and pepper balls? Why not just arrest the alleged handful, or fire smoke bombs etc at them only, and not the whole rest of the innocent crowd?
Why was the church vandalized if it was a peaceful protest?

LIAR

prove it.

You are aware the Mark Esper has apologized for the manner in which the military cleared the park last night. He said it was wrong for the President to use troops, flash bombs, and field of combat tactics to break up a peaceful demonstration, and he believes that using the military to stop these marches is wrong.

Sec. Esper claims he had no idea that the President was going to use the military to clear the park for a photo op, and that this was wrong.

Esper is misguided and show me where Trump issued the order? We need water cannon and live rounds to deal with common criminals. They had to be out by 7:00PM. Looks like Esper is going to get his ass fired.
His Attorney General issued the order for him.

LIAR

prove it.

pepper spray

tear gas

You must watch CNN or MSNBC?

LIAR

prove it.

You are aware the Mark Esper has apologized for the manner in which the military cleared the park last night. He said it was wrong for the President to use troops, flash bombs, and field of combat tactics to break up a peaceful demonstration, and he believes that using the military to stop these marches is wrong.

Sec. Esper claims he had no idea that the President was going to use the military to clear the park for a photo op, and that this was wrong.

Esper is misguided and show me where Trump issued the order? We need water cannon and live rounds to deal with common criminals. They had to be out by 7:00PM. Looks like Esper is going to get his ass fired.
The Attorney General issued it on his own.

Why was the church damaged if it was a peaceful protest? That's why there was a curfew and the scumbags had to be dispersed.
The church was damaged the night before by a rouge act not a mob riot. You’re conflating two incidents... not very honest of you.

Another quote from the reporter.

Early Tuesday, a US Park Police source told WTOP the agency was unaware of the President's upcoming walk, and that USPP had fired smoke canisters, rather than tear gas. DC Police Chief Peter Newsham said Tues his agency hadn't used tear gas to clear Lafayette Park. Asked several
The news said William Barr spoke with park police ahead of time about the President's visit.

I read that as well after I posted this. I do not know if it is true. I do know tear gas was not used and Trump never told the Park police to go after protesters. Neither did Barr. Fake news.
not much difference between tear gas and pepper spray.... most people call pepper spray disbursement tear gas... tear gas is a more common use term that covers both in most people's mind....

Is Pepper Spray the same as tear gas?

Pepper Spray. The two biggest differences between tear gas spray and pepper spray are their chemical makeup and delivery methods. Pepper spray (sometimes referred to as “OC spray“) is a combination of natural chemicals, whereas tear gas (also called “CS gas“) comes from man-made compounds.

They did not use pepper spray either. They used smoke canisters. That is what they said. I provided the link with direct quotes from the Park police. This is not difficult. Just read what they said.

Also, Trump never directed the Park police to go after protesters. Neither did Barr. Fake news. And the media is still telling the same lies even though the police on the scene directly contradict the media.
i was just skimming this thread and I believe one of the articles you or someone else posted said they did use pepper spray, not tear gas.

let me see if I can find it....
here ya go.... Park police SAID smoke canisters AND PEPPER BALLS

NEW: Smoke canisters and pepper balls, but United States Park Police acting Chief Gregory T. Monahan says “No tear gas was used by USPP officers or other assisting law enforcement partners to close the area at Lafayette Park.”

I just said that above your post. That is neither tear gas (which the media is still claiming) or pepper spray. Believe the media or believe the cops on the scene. Up to you. :)

So then your argument is purely semantical, WelfareQueen (lol). Whether it was tear gas or mace, bullets or pepper balls, all that shit is academic.

The park police didn't use flowers, unicorns and great intentions to disperse protestors either. Who gives a flying fuck what kind of non lethal projectiles were used to do so, that's a pointless takeaway.

The point is they did it for some useless photo op.
They did it because there was a 7:00PM curfew and other cities were burning. Liberals are clinging to the Washington DC clearing of Lafayette Park and ignoring all the violence and looting in other cities. You can't cherry pick your riot.
Nope, they did it to clear a path for Impeached Trump's photo op. If they were doing it for the curfew, they wouldn't have cleared that area out until after the curfew since those people had the right to be there until curfew began.

So propaganda outlet Fox "News" parrots some COPS who are lying through their teeth, and you are actually stupid enough to blindly bleev them.

The cops were NOT being attacked, you fucking idiot parroting rube. The protestors were holding up signs and their hands, standing in place, chanting "USA!" with their hands raised.

LIAR

prove it.

The Attorney General issued it on his own.
The OP is claiming that the police issued it without the admin knowing... You say it was Barr without Trump knowing.... they are also saying it wasn’t tear gas despite eye witness accounts and camera footage. You can’t make this shit up!!! Flood the zone with lies, Trump101

The DC uniformed thugs clubbed two Australian TV reporters during the police riot.

What a great international ambassador for American police thuggery Trump is!

So propaganda outlet Fox "News" parrots some COPS who are lying through their teeth, and you are actually stupid enough to blindly bleev them.

The cops were NOT being attacked, you fucking idiot parroting rube. The protestors were holding up signs and their hands, standing in place, chanting "USA!" with their hands raised.

Words!!! Videos!!!! All TDS Fake News!!!! That’s all these turds hear and when faced with facts they go dark. Sad

MSDNC has told their Dimwinger lemmings what to believe about this, so facts won’t matter to them.

WASHINGTON — United States Park Police said Tuesday they did not use tear gas to clear protesters from Lafayette Square before President Donald Trump left the White House for a photo opp on the grounds that hundreds had just occupied at St. John's Church.

The law enforcement that cleared the area did use a type of gas that produces similar symtpoms as tear gas, called Oleoresins Capiscum, or "OC" for short.

The specific product used is a CM Skat Shell made by Defense Technology that "is widely used as a crowd management tool for the rapid and broad deployment of chemical agent," according to the company's website.

The OC gas causes the same tears and tight breath as tear gas, and comes out green.

A paper in the British Medical Journal about riot control talks about different gas canisters.

Both natural OC and Tear Gas, which is an artificial compound that goes by the acronyms CS and CN gas, cause the same symptoms and have similar toxicity and health risks, according to the doctors writing that study.

The study shares that significant clinical effects are not anticipated when people come in contact with OC, CS or CN gas.

WSUA9 has reached out to the US Park Police to ask how many 40 mm OC gas canisters they used on the crowd at Lafayette Square. They did not immediately respond.

OC is pepper based, riot control, tear gas...in the generic sense.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back