Fake Senate ACA Replacement Already Blocked!

Your denial is fresh. Would this even warrant a second glance from you? Or even a motivated investigation?

I bet I can find more dirt on them leaving profitable exchanges.
Private companies are not the property of the US government. It's more complicated than retail since people are paying for insurance so I'd say the fair thing is for them to have an escrow account if they want to get into it.

It's also more complicated if the government moves the goal posts on them.
That's like saying NBA teams or players aren't the property of the NBA. If the NBA says the LA Lakers aren't in the NBA anymore, guess what?

So they may not be the property of the government but they can only do business if the government allows them to do business. Are they breaking any laws?

The sad thing is that a lot of the shit corporations do are legal because they've paid our government to allow them to do whatever it is they want to do.

We the people are the boss. Our government represents us. Government is the boss. Sorry you hate it.
You lie every time you post. You obviously hate the truth. Your interpretations are juvenile beyond comprehension. The government belongs to the people, we own the government. Sorry if your smug retarded ass doesn't like that! You belong in Cuba.
All of a sudden the government you hate belongs to the people? All of a sudden WE own the government, the same one you despise and want to eliminate?
Listen you little maggot. I've never said I hated the government, I just don't worship it like you lefties do. I don't let asshole assign my emotions for me. You talk out of your ass and I'll call you on it. WE have always owned the government, libs don't seems to know it but it's how we were founded as a nation. You all have everything bass ackwards. WE are citizens, not subjects. That's why WE the people oppose you leftists.

Oh you guys worship Trump, McConnell, Ryan or whoever is in charge. But if one of them gets out of line, like Paul Ryan, he will be thrown under the bus so fast and be labeled a RINO by the rest of you.

And doesn't matter if you put Ben Carson, Carli, Don, Christie, Rubio, Cruz. Doesn't matter. They all have the same agenda.

Notice Trump isn't tearing up NAFTA? And notice the GOP house and senate aren't fixing NAFTA? You got conned my stupid fucking friend.

I realize this is a small slice of the healthcare pie but what the hell do these guys do to contain cost for the consumer? It appears to be absolutely nothing.

Highest-paid health insurance CEO earned $22M in 2016 | FierceHealthcare

View attachment 134966

I just skimmed over the article but didn't any mention of the millions they have in stock options. While I'm all for capitalism and CEO's making their worth most of these guys did not work their way up in the health insurance business and are just figureheads that know very little about health insurance. Just high paid networkers. They should all make less than 8 mil a year including stock options.

Who died and appointed you God?

Go ahead but you'll just be playing with yourself. I am not a liberal so I don't embrace judges as gods. And I don't accept cherry picked data or opinion that defy logic. If the practice was profitable why wouldn't they stay? Of course they would. Problem is you lefties cannot accept the policies of your god not working in the real world. You can't force businesses to lose money and expect them to survive.
Your denial is fresh. Would this even warrant a second glance from you? Or even a motivated investigation?

Private companies are not the property of the US government. It's more complicated than retail since people are paying for insurance so I'd say the fair thing is for them to have an escrow account if they want to get into it.

That's like saying NBA teams or players aren't the property of the NBA. If the NBA says the LA Lakers aren't in the NBA anymore, guess what?

So they may not be the property of the government but they can only do business if the government allows them to do business. Are they breaking any laws?

The sad thing is that a lot of the shit corporations do are legal because they've paid our government to allow them to do whatever it is they want to do.

We the people are the boss. Our government represents us. Government is the boss. Sorry you hate it.
You lie every time you post. You obviously hate the truth. Your interpretations are juvenile beyond comprehension. The government belongs to the people, we own the government. Sorry if your smug retarded ass doesn't like that! You belong in Cuba.

I think we are agreeing but you are so disagreeable you don't see it.

Do you realize the only thing you said that has any value was "The government belongs to the people, we own the government. " and I agree with that comment 100%. So unless you are going to say something I disagree with, I guess you and I are just two guys who lie, hate the truth, are juvenile, smug, retarded and an ass. And maybe you and me can take a trip to Cuba before Trump cuts off all ties again. Stupid fuck
We didn't agree at all. The only thing of value you said was your post, proving once again what an immature halfwit you are.

Can't win without votes! Three GOP or more vote, "Nyet(?)" or however that is said(?)!

Enough GOP senators to block Obamacare replacement will announce opposition: NBC News, citing source

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(At GOP, the "Nyet" votes have it. . . .speaking of Lands of Many Nations!)

Hard to believe the Repubs will not support whatever HC Bill they end up with in the Senate. I would venture a guess they might lose the Senate in 2018 or 2020 if they don't pass something. Bitching about the ACA is so yesterday, they are in power now and they better be doing something or they're gone. And rightfully so.
Why are they going to block it? They haven't read it! It was just now posted!

Because they are republican members of the democrat party...that's why...
They have read enough, they want no part of it.
Two paragraphs? Schumer started his speech as it was being posted.

I wished that was getting more airplay. He criticized the bill before he ever read it!
How many republicans criticized the ACA before it was formally presented. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
I think they all knew it was mandatory insurance and therefore unconstitutional.

Here is what I don't understand.

The most likely of people to have medical problems, expensive medical problems are the old. Yet they are covered under medicare for 139 a month. Although that only covers 80 percent of part B (hospital) it still covers most seniors.

Then the private insurance companies are offering all sorts of low cost supplemental/advantage plans, most with things like free gym membership without a monthly premium.

But buy something on Obamacare. High premiums, greater than 400/month easily, and high out of pocket for example 750 dollars to go to the emergency room and not be admitted.

But since most people are covered by employer subsidized health care insurance most either don't care or think Obamacare is great stuff because their uncle Lou has coverage and it is FREEEEEEEEE.

In my opinion medicare is far superior then anything I see on the exchanges, price wise. Is that because it is heavily subsidized by the government?

Duh? Which is why "Medicare for All" is simply "Welfare for All".

Not if one is paying for it.

Just exactly how is one "paying for it"? Are you going to raise the FICA to cover the increased costs?

Will they pay the same premiums as retirees?

What happens when doctors refuse to accept them as Medicare patients?

Go ahead but you'll just be playing with yourself. I am not a liberal so I don't embrace judges as gods. And I don't accept cherry picked data or opinion that defy logic. If the practice was profitable why wouldn't they stay? Of course they would. Problem is you lefties cannot accept the policies of your god not working in the real world. You can't force businesses to lose money and expect them to survive.

Yes the government belongs to the people. And we the people are the boss. We are the referee in the game of business. Now of course they don't let stupid people like you make any decisions. Instead we elect representatives to go to Washington and regulate things like CORPORATIONS.

I know you want corporations to be treated like humans but they never die and don't care if they pollute as long as they are maximizing profits.

Funny we watch Terminator and worry about robots becoming too smart and taking over. Meanwhile we have corporations who are now treated like people and have a lot of power and control over us. Maybe it's not like in Terminator where we are at literal war with them but these corporations have waged class warfare on us.
Corporations are treated like people, you have no idea what Citizens United was. Your cartoon show didn't go to that level of detail.

Unfortunately they no longer have the votes for a straight repeal, which I would like to see. Name one welfare program that has been totally eliminated in the last 80 years. You know the commiecrats want to just put bandaids on maobamacare..

Well, Conservatives "reformed" welfare in 1996 (Personal Work Responsibility and Accountability Act)...so if you are still having ideological problems with welfare today, then that means the welfare reform from 20 years ago wasn't all it was cracked up to be. And since that was the lone legislative accomplishment of the Republican Party over the last 37 years, your complaints about welfare today undermine that accomplishment leaving the Conservative Movement and Republican Party with no legislative accomplishments they can point to in 37 years.

I think we are agreeing but you are so disagreeable you don't see it.

Do you realize the only thing you said that has any value was "The government belongs to the people, we own the government. " and I agree with that comment 100%. So unless you are going to say something I disagree with, I guess you and I are just two guys who lie, hate the truth, are juvenile, smug, retarded and an ass. And maybe you and me can take a trip to Cuba before Trump cuts off all ties again. Stupid fuck
We didn't agree at all. The only thing of value you said was your post, proving once again what an immature halfwit you are.

You said "You lie every time you post. You obviously hate the truth. Your interpretations are juvenile beyond comprehension. The government belongs to the people, we own the government. Sorry if your smug retarded ass doesn't like that! You belong in Cuba."

Where did I lie in the last post? If you can't tell me where I lied, maybe I didn't.

I hate the truth. Ok, that I agree with.

And my interpretations are juvenile. Ok.

Yes the government belongs to the people.

Do I come off as smug? Good.

Go ahead but you'll just be playing with yourself. I am not a liberal so I don't embrace judges as gods. And I don't accept cherry picked data or opinion that d
efy logic. If the practice was profitable why wouldn't they stay? Of course they would. Problem is you lefties cannot accept the policies of your god not working in the real world. You can't force businesses to lose money and expect them to survive.

Yes the government belongs to the people. And we the people are the boss. We are the referee in the game of business. Now of course they don't let stupid people like you make any decisions. Instead we elect representatives to go to Washington and regulate things like CORPORATIONS.

I know you want corporations to be treated like humans but they never die and don't care if they pollute as long as they are maximizing profits.

Let's talk about this silly debate over whether corporations are "people". We can talk about the technical details of "legal personhood" if you like. We'd probably agree on a lot. The current status quo regarding the corporate charter is deeply flawed. But that's not really what we're talking about, is it?

In point of fact, corporations are organizations - groups of people who share ownership and control of a company. So, when you regulate corporations, you're regulating people. When conservatives and libertarians (and, believe it or not, some liberals) raise concerns over the Constitutionality of laws targeting corporations, we're concerned about the rights of the flesh-and-blood people that these laws impact. Do people forfeit their rights if they own, or work for, a corporation?

Meanwhile we have corporations who are now treated like people and have a lot of power and control over us. Maybe it's not like in Terminator where we are at literal war with them but these corporations have waged class warfare on us.

This is the most important argument currently under debate. There's a radical difference between free-market economic power, and coercive state power. Do you recognize that difference at all? No matter how much money Wellpoint has, they can't force me to buy their insurance. Only government can do that.

so when insurance companies have to cover millions upon millions of $$$ they never had to before, it does in fact affect us all.

So then, why do we have insurance companies? Why not just have one single entity that does what an insurance company does; administer reimbursement? How does privatizing how health care is paid benefit patients? If anything, private insurance restricts patient choice. Don't you want to go to the best doctor you can find? Well, in the current system you can't do that unless you first purchase insurance that doctor takes. The system is completely owned by middle-men and paper-pushers.

Funny we watch Terminator and worry about robots becoming too smart and taking over. Meanwhile we have corporations who are now treated like people and have a lot of power and control over us. Maybe it's not like in Terminator where we are at literal war with them but these corporations have waged class warfare on us.
Corporations are treated like people, you have no idea what Citizens United was. Your cartoon show didn't go to that level of detail.
So now you like and defend Citizens United? Funny because ever since the RWNJ's on the SCOTUS passed Citizens United it has been very unpopular with most Republicans. Even they couldn't defend it. But now I see you guys are ready to go to the next level and give Corporations all the power and rights humans have. Sick.

In point of fact, corporations are organizations - groups of people who share ownership and control of a company. So, when you regulate corporations, you're regulating people.

I'll believe corporations are people the day Texas executes one.

Let's talk about this silly debate over whether corporations are "people". We can talk about the technical details of "legal personhood" if you like. We'd probably agree on a lot. The current status quo regarding the corporate charter is deeply flawed. But that's not really what we're talking about, is it?

In point of fact, corporations are organizations - groups of people who share ownership and control of a company. So, when you regulate corporations, you're regulating people. When conservatives and libertarians (and, believe it or not, some liberals) raise concerns over the Constitutionality of laws targeting corporations, we're concerned about the rights of the flesh-and-blood people that these laws impact. Do people forfeit their rights if they own, or work for, a corporation?

Meanwhile we have corporations who are now treated like people and have a lot of power and control over us. Maybe it's not like in Terminator where we are at literal war with them but these corporations have waged class warfare on us.

This is the most important argument currently under debate. There's a radical difference between free-market economic power, and coercive state power. Do you recognize that difference at all? No matter how much money Wellpoint has, they can't force me to buy their insurance. Only government can do that.

To Restore Democracy: First Abolish Corporate Personhood

so when insurance companies have to cover millions upon millions of $$$ they never had to before, it does in fact affect us all.

So then, why do we have insurance companies? Why not just have one single entity that does what an insurance company does; administer reimbursement? How does privatizing how health care is paid benefit patients? If anything, private insurance restricts patient choice. Don't you want to go to the best doctor you can find? Well, in the current system you can't do that unless you first purchase insurance that doctor takes. The system is completely owned by middle-men and paper-pushers.
like i said - a lot of our day to day culture we don't think about would have to change in a "mindshift" - and i don't think we are ready to make all the changes necessary to really do much to our healthcare other than move a few things around.

like i said - a lot of our day to day culture we don't think about would have to change in a "mindshift" - and i don't think we are ready to make all the changes necessary to really do much to our healthcare other than move a few things around.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. It's really sad because I think the fixes to our health care system are so simple, yet it seems like we are doing the "why are you hitting yourself?" thing over and over.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. It's really sad because I think the fixes to our health care system are so simple, yet it seems like we are doing the "why are you hitting yourself?" thing over and over.
people are fighting to retain what they know and are comfortable with. man in general is a creature of habit.

we're slow to change our ways - both sides - and we raise hell when we don't like the change, even if in the end we'd love it once through it.

we need to do something ground up and all we're doing now is moving pieces around to make a different picture.

Unfortunately they no longer have the votes for a straight repeal, which I would like to see. Name one welfare program that has been totally eliminated in the last 80 years. You know the commiecrats want to just put bandaids on maobamacare..

Well, Conservatives "reformed" welfare in 1996 (Personal Work Responsibility and Accountability Act)...so if you are still having ideological problems with welfare today, then that means the welfare reform from 20 years ago wasn't all it was cracked up to be. And since that was the lone legislative accomplishment of the Republican Party over the last 37 years, your complaints about welfare today undermine that accomplishment leaving the Conservative Movement and Republican Party with no legislative accomplishments they can point to in 37 years.
Nothing you say matches reality.

Welfare Reform Turns Ten: Evidence Shows Reduced Dependence, Poverty
The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 (PRWORA) replaced the failed social program Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) with a block grant program, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF). The reform legislation had three goals: 1) to reduce welfare dependence and increase employment; 2) to reduce child poverty; and 3) to reduce out-of-wedlock childbearing and strengthen marriage. In the ten years since its enactment, welfare reform has succeeded in each of these areas.

President Johnson's War on Poverty had failed to reduce welfare dependence. From 1965 to 1994, AFDC caseloads rose steadily, reaching a height of 5 million families on the rolls. Because prolonged welfare dependence has negative effects on the development of children, welfare reform was intended to disrupt inter-generational dependence by moving families off the welfare rolls through increased work and marriage. Welfare caseloads began to decline in earnest after 1996 and have fallen by 56 percent since then.

This decline in welfare dependence coincided with the increase in the employment of single mothers. These trends have been particularly dramatic among those who have the greatest tendency to long-term dependence: younger never-married mothers with little education. During the late 1990s, employment of never-married mothers increased by nearly 50 percent, of single mothers who are high school dropouts by 66 percent, and of young single mothers (ages 18 to 24) by nearly 100 percent. Welfare reform impacted the whole welfare caseload, not just the most employable.

Not surprisingly, as families left welfare and single mothers transitioned into work, the child poverty rate fell, from 20.8 percent in 1995 to 17.8 percent in 2004, lifting 1.6 million children out of poverty. The declines in poverty among black children and children from single-mother families were unprecedented. Neither poverty level had changed much between 1971 and 1995. By contrast, six years after PRWORA was enacted, these two poverty rates had fallen to their lowest levels in national history, from 41.5 percent to 30 percent for black children and from 53.1 percent to 39.8 percent for children from single-mother families.

Since welfare reform, the once explosive growth of unwed childbearing has ended. The unwed birthrate was 7.7 percent in 1965 and increased about one percentage point per year for the next thirty years. Had this rate of increase been sustained, the unwed childbearing rate would have hit 41.6 percent by 2003, but welfare reform interrupted this process. Between 1995 and 2003, overall unwed childbearing inched upward by only 2.4 percentage points, a fourth of the pre-reform rate of increase. The black unwed childbearing rate actually fell from 69.9 percent in 1995 to 68.2 percent in 2003.

To Restore Democracy: First Abolish Corporate Personhood
There's no "personhood". There's no constitution reason to deny a group of people pooling their money for a cause. There's good reason to prevent unions from taking dues and funneling it into Democrat coffers but liberals are too corrupt to care.

All of a sudden the government you hate belongs to the people? All of a sudden WE own the government, the same one you despise and want to eliminate?
Listen you little maggot. I've never said I hated the government, I just don't worship it like you lefties do. I don't let asshole assign my emotions for me. You talk out of your ass and I'll call you on it. WE have always owned the government, libs don't seems to know it but it's how we were founded as a nation. You all have everything bass ackwards. WE are citizens, not subjects. That's why WE the people oppose you leftists.

Oh you guys worship Trump, McConnell, Ryan or whoever is in charge. But if one of them gets out of line, like Paul Ryan, he will be thrown under the bus so fast and be labeled a RINO by the rest of you.

And doesn't matter if you put Ben Carson, Carli, Don, Christie, Rubio, Cruz. Doesn't matter. They all have the same agenda.

Notice Trump isn't tearing up NAFTA? And notice the GOP house and senate aren't fixing NAFTA? You got conned my stupid fucking friend.
Like I said, you're a liar. Every. Fucking. Post.

You spewed off on a tangent and couldn't even address the point.

Forum List

Back