Family mourns man killed trying to stop shooting spree

He wasn't trying to be safe. He was trying to make others safe. It's a choice he made.

In other words: he was stupid. No good deed goes unpunished.

We all die bro. If your going to call him stupid you are calling everyone in our military stupid. They are choosing to put their lives on the line for us. Some of them are killed ( failures as some claim).

You don't understand making the ultimate sacrifice do you ?

Military men and women, police officers, etc., professionals, are trained. This man wasn't trained. Apparently, he didn't think to look around, to look behind him, to make sure he wouldn't be a target. It's a sad, needless death.

Military men and women, police officers, etc., professionals, are trained. This man wasn't trained. Apparently, he didn't think to look around, to look behind him, to make sure he wouldn't be a target. It's a sad, needless death.

He tried---he cared. Are you really going to castigate him for that ?

He should not have interfered. They did Vegas a great service by wasting those two cops.

In the US, we have more guns per capita than any country on Earth, nearly twice as many per capita as Yemen or Serbia. Doesn't that say anything to anyone? Don't the right wing gun enthusiasts get it at all? This is a very, very violent country. For private citizens to own so many guns is sick; it's a sickness.

Guns per 100 people: US = 97, Serbia = 58.2, and Yemen = 54.8

Those numbers are probably inflated due to the fact that I and many others own more than one gun. I only own one for protection, and it never leaves the house. I own many more than that for hunting, range shooting, hunting, skeet shooting, and hunting. Did I mention I like hunting.

Shotguns, rifles, handguns, muzzle loaders, and bows and crossbows. Guns are for so much more than protection.

Where did I castigate him? Nowhere. I am simply saying his death was needless. Had he not been armed, he would not have considered doing what he did and needlessly losing his life. The way he died points to the fact that only trained professionals should have guns.

Last edited:
In the US, we have more guns per capita than any country on Earth, nearly twice as many per capita as Yemen or Serbia. Doesn't that say anything to anyone? Don't the right wing gun enthusiasts get it at all? This is a very, very violent country. For private citizens to own so many guns is sick; it's a sickness.

Those numbers are probably inflated due to the fact that I and many others own more than one gun. I only own one for protection, and it never leaves the house. I own many more than that for hunting, range shooting, hunting, skeet shooting, and hunting. Did I mention I like hunting.

Shotguns, rifles, handguns, muzzle loaders, and bows and crossbows. Guns are for so much more than protection.

The numbers are not 'inflated.' They are accurate numbers. The reality is not that every 97 out of a hundred people own guns, not literally, but that the number of guns in this country, when averaged per one hundred people is 97% of the populace. It is that way because many people own more than one weapon, some owning a great many. But it averages out to 97 guns per 100 persons in the US: that is the entire population, including infants and children.

Last edited:

Where did I castigate him? Nowhere. I am simply saying his death was needless. Had he not been armed, he would not have considered doing what he did and needlessly losing his life.

You don't know that, it's not possible for you to know that. He may have tried to tackle the assailant and pin him to the ground with his bare hands, if he didn't have a gun, would that have spared him?

Carrying a gun does not make one stronger, that strength to overcome overwhelming fear is something you either have or you don't. He had that strength, and until someone is put into a life or death situation, you don't know if you do, or if you don't.

The numbers are not 'inflated.' They are accurate numbers. The reality is not that every 97 out of a hundred people own guns, not literally, but that the number of guns in this country, when averaged per one hundred people is 97% of the populace. It is that way because many people own more than one weapon, some owning a great many. But it averages out to 97 guns per 100 persons in the US: that is the entire population, including infants and children.

Oh, OK, gotcha. :up:

I would really think that the number would be more than 100% for that, but that is really close to it.

He wasn't trying to be safe. He was trying to make others safe. It's a choice he made.

Comparatively speaking, Luddley's cut-n-paste nonsense from the Daily Kos seems to accomplished as much, but interestingly, that OP-Ed piece omits what happened AFTER the "Good Guy" was shot?

Do we assume that the Miller's shooting spree continued? Or did he actually die preventing it from going on?

This very relevant fact is, I believe purposefully omitted because the Good Guy actually did STOP the shooting spree when he interrupted it, and had he been unarmed, then he may not have made the attempt.

He should not have interfered. They did Vegas a great service by wasting those two cops.

You just lost any credibility you ever had, not only on here, but as a human being. You should be ashamed, but I doubt if you know what shame is.

I have not lost any "credibility". You just don't like my opinion- an opinion that I have absolutely no reason to feel ashamed for.

You just lost any credibility you ever had, not only on here, but as a human being. You should be ashamed, but I doubt if you know what shame is.

I have not lost any "credibility". You just don't like my opinion- an opinion that I have absolutely no reason to feel ashamed for.

Then no one should have no reason to feel any sympathy when the world loses you, huh?

Remember the shooting insurance so when a nutter shoots someone, they've got insurance to pay for their defense...

Might be a good idea to include coverage for the poor families to bury their dead.

You nutters who are afraid to leave the house without your gun - Do you carry life insurance so your family can afford to bury you? And, how many of you will send a few bucks to this poor family?

Excuse me? Who the fuck did the good guy with a gun you want to penalize shoot? You are a fucking idiot when it comes to discussing guns in any way, why the fuck do you hate the fact that people have a right to live? Would you prefer that people just drop dead on the street to satisfy your fucking blood lust? Maybe you would like to see their heads explode.

scanners-head-explode-230711.jpg

Last edited:
nice job on shitting on this guy's life by making it about your rabid anti gun crusade

you're pathetic luddly

Nice job using this man's needless death to sell more guns. But, he knew what he was doing. Its his family who's suffering because he had to play Mighty Mouse.

Like I said, we've got to end this madness.

He isn't trying to sell guns you pathetic moron. He didn't even mention guns.

i tried to sell more guns? can you for once be honest luddly?

you shit on this guys life in order to pursue your rabid anti gun crusade. if he used a knife or a car you would never have posted this story. you are a sick individual.

No he can't.

His honesty is exactly what you dislike about him most. He's got a different point of view than you....and he states it. You'd prefer that he wouldn't.

The dishonesty here comes from Yurt....who knows that Luddy wasn't referring to Yurt personally selling guns. Why is it that Yurt keyed in on that? Is it because he's so honest?

How the fuck is calling for insurance on a guy that dies honest? Or did you miss the fact that he wants to penalize heroes for trying to save lives?

She... Loves to say shit to shock people.

Some may find my words "shocking" but my message will be delivered nonetheless.

Nope! I just figured out how to make you the first on my 'ignore' list. So no more of your messages for me. One thing for sure, you are unfixable, because you can't fix stupid. :Boom2:

Now let's see what gun I am going to take to the range today. :D

Forum List

Back