Family Sues PA School District After Their Daughter is Abused and Called a KKK Suppor

Again, she's sueing for emotional distress. You all seem to think the state ought to hand her a big fat check because her teacher was mean to her. I think the teacher was over the line, and deserves to lose her job, but the girl doesn't deserve a cash payout.

While I agree that litigation with the goal of monetary remuneration should be severely curtailed in this country, it is unfortunately not the case. So, why should this girl and her family not take advantage of the same system that is freely used by liberals of all stripes to line their pockets and fatten their bank accounts?

Your response is "people shouldn't be able to sue for every little thing, but since they can why shouldn't everyone sue for every little thing"?

o_O

Everyone seems to be missing the point.. if you remember being a kid, its easy for one thing to be said about a kid before it spreads and leads to getting picked on. So she has a case.

Again, she's sueing for emotional distress. You all seem to think the state ought to hand her a big fat check because her teacher was mean to her. I think the teacher was over the line, and deserves to lose her job, but the girl doesn't deserve a cash payout.

While I agree that litigation with the goal of monetary remuneration should be severely curtailed in this country, it is unfortunately not the case. So, why should this girl and her family not take advantage of the same system that is freely used by liberals of all stripes to line their pockets and fatten their bank accounts?

Your response is "people shouldn't be able to sue for every little thing, but since they can why shouldn't everyone sue for every little thing"?

o_O

Good question? But why should litigation be reserved for butt-hurt liberals only? Gravy for the goose...

For the school to allow this, they need to shell out some bucks. But it should come out of the administrators and the teachers pockets, not the districts. They need to hurt personally, so they never allow this to happen again.

Again, your claim it was a joke is utterly stupid, this is where your bias comes shining through, so of course no one should get a dime. Flip it the other way and you'd scream for a good suing.

You think the teacher deserves jail time, but MY bias is showing? :lmao:

Btw, I never said it was a joke. :)

That's right you claimed the teacher said it was in "jest" and you felt it important enough to convey that.

Also, I stated why I said jail time, it is a great liberal response. :)

It IS important. This thread is going on the assumption that everything the student claims is 100% true, and everything the teacher claims is 100% false.

What the teacher admits happened should be enough to lose her job, but let's not forget that she has a different account than the girl.

BTW, keep pretending you didn't write that hurt feelings deserves jail time. ;)

o_O

Good question? But why should litigation be reserved for butt-hurt liberals only? Gravy for the goose...

So, are you admitting that if a teacher was mean to a student for wearing an Obama t-shirt, you wouldnt agree they deserve 6 figures from the state for that offense?

o_O

Another case of "Do as I say, not as I do."?

Liberals and criminals are notorious for suing Conservatives at the drop of a hat, and idiot liberal judges award damages to thieves who injure themselves in the commission of their crimes.

I hope they get SEVEN figures!!!

o_O

Everyone seems to be missing the point.. if you remember being a kid, its easy for one thing to be said about a kid before it spreads and leads to getting picked on. So she has a case.

I remember being a kid. I had one teacher who hated my guts. The meanest nun I ever met. Made me stand up in front of the class and tore into me in front of everyone for having to leave early that day. I told my mom, after I left the class in tears, and my mom marched back into the school and bitched out that teaher in front of the class.

It never even occurred to me to sue for "emotional distress".

That's right you claimed the teacher said it was in "jest" and you felt it important enough to convey that.

It IS important. This thread is going on the assumption that everything the student claims is 100% true, and everything the teacher claims is 100% false.

What the teacher admits happened should be enough to lose her job, but let's not forget that she has a different account than the girl.

Of course the teacher's account would differ from the girl's. She's a stupid bitch, without argument, but she's most likely smart enough to realize that she's being called on her inappropriate and criminal behavior vis-a-vis this child. A lot hinges on witness accounts. A lot would also depend on the girl's perception.
Have you ever dealt with a harassment case? The guys in the office are telling off-color jokes, often involving sex and women, the lone woman in the office gets a case of butt-hurt and runs to HR. Shes crying about a hostile work place, sexual harassment, etc. A great deal of what happens next is based on her perceptions, not on facts...especially that the men were simply joking and nothing was directed at her personally. All that counts is the "victim's" perception of the "crime".

o_O

So, are you admitting that if a teacher was mean to a student for wearing an Obama t-shirt, you wouldnt agree they deserve 6 figures from the state for that offense?

I just said I did not agree with litigation for such things. But the system is set up so that nothing would stop the parents of such a child from filing suit. It would be just as inappropriate if a teacher did the same thing to a child wearing and obama t-shirt. The punishment should be the same, either way.

anyone have proof the school actually admitted the inccident took place?
It's sounding MORE like this is....

"When Pawlucy's parents dropped off complaint forms regarding the incident at the school on Friday, they were greeted with obscenities from students.

"I want [Sam] to come back and stand up for what's right," Kristine Pawlucy said, according to United Press International, "but I'm afraid she'll be physically assaulted."

article-0-155E8398000005DC-818_634x401.jpg

Last edited:
Teacher attacks teen wearing Romney T-shirt, compares it to KKK, student says* - NY Daily News

Pawlucy’s parents met with the teacher, who apologized and explained she was only joking.

Read more: Teacher attacks teen wearing Romney T-shirt, compares it to KKK, student says* - NY Daily News

so the girl and her parents are looking for a court paycheck ?

yeah
"Only joking".

Yeah, THAT'S credible -- to morons.

So, it's credible to you?

Lol, that is funny, I said slander, not hurt feelings and I have never in my life seen or heard of slander getting jail time in this country, but like I said, you proved your bias in accepting what the teacher was to have said in jest and not accepting mine. You are to easy. ;)

No, it's really not "warranted". What happened to her isn't worth a 6 figure check from the state.

That is your opinion, it may not be the opinion of a jury, falsely claiming someone is a racist or a member of a disgusting group may seem okay for you but we have seen people lose their livelihoods over less and many of those made over 6 figure incomes.

That is my opinion. The teacher said it was said in jest, the kid did not lose a 6 figure income, it's not slander. The teacher was over the line, the kid deserves an apology and the teacher deserves to be fired. However she and her family are attempting to cash in on the incident.

Good for them Teacher should pay up and then think twice about being such a fuck up.

She deserves whatever she can get.

Lol, that is funny, I said slander, not hurt feelings and I have never in my life seen or heard of slander getting jail time in this country, but like I said, you proved your bias in accepting what the teacher was to have said in jest and not accepting mine. You are to easy. ;)

Except she's not suing for slander, she's suing for hurt feelings.

That is your opinion, it may not be the opinion of a jury, falsely claiming someone is a racist or a member of a disgusting group may seem okay for you but we have seen people lose their livelihoods over less and many of those made over 6 figure incomes.

That is my opinion. The teacher said it was said in jest, the kid did not lose a 6 figure income, it's not slander. The teacher was over the line, the kid deserves an apology and the teacher deserves to be fired. However she and her family are attempting to cash in on the incident.

Good for them Teacher should pay up and then think twice about being such a fuck up.

Except they aren't suing the teacher, she doesnt have deep pockets! They're suing the school district.

Except they aren't suing the teacher, she doesnt have deep pockets! They're suing the school district.

Good then maybe the school district will stop picking racist teachers.

o_O

I remember being a kid. I had one teacher who hated my guts. The meanest nun I ever met. Made me stand up in front of the class and tore into me in front of everyone for having to leave early that day. I told my mom, after I left the class in tears, and my mom marched back into the school and bitched out that teaher in front of the class.

It never even occurred to me to sue for "emotional distress".
I understand, but then again.. Youre talking about a catholic school known for disciplining students and I am willing to say its safe to assume it was private as well. This is a public school. Theyre not known for that, well not anymore anyway, I remember when they stilk oaddled..not Long ago, during the 80's. I actuslly ran from the principal when he was going to paddle me and got into serious trouble when they called my mother and she found me at home! Lol

Teacher attacks teen wearing Romney T-shirt, compares it to KKK, student says* - NY Daily News

Pawlucy’s parents met with the teacher, who apologized and explained she was only joking.

Read more: Teacher attacks teen wearing Romney T-shirt, compares it to KKK, student says* - NY Daily News

so the girl and her parents are looking for a court paycheck ?

yeah
"Only joking".

Yeah, THAT'S credible -- to morons.

So, it's credible to you?
Not at all. But you swallowed it whole, didn't you? :lol:

Except she's not suing for slander, she's suing for hurt feelings.

She is suing for emotional distress, not hurt feelings, the hurt feelings is your silly interpretation.

Forum List

Back