"Far Right" can't win for GOP? ...BS!

The hate religion of CON$ervoFascism is an ideology. Regardless of whether there are different kinds of CON$ervoFascists, all CON$ervoFascists adhere to an ideology with an agenda of socially CON$ervative policies. Liberals do not adhere to an ideological liberal agenda, that makes Liberalism different. It is a philosophy.

You've been Bossed.

Eddy, you seem to be trailing off into a semi-coherent rant about social conservatives who are religious.
I simply took your incoherent rant and substituted CON$ for Libs and vice versa, which you admit elevated it to semi-coherent.
Thank you.

If Republicans keep losing because they keep losing moderates by big numbers, why do conservatives think that an even more conservative candidate that is less appealing to moderates is a winning formula?

Because "moderate" doesn't mean "non-conservative" and it never has or will. The vast majority of "moderates" are people who have a conservative philosophy. They aren't going to vote for a Republican who doesn't have a conservative philosophy and doesn't have a clue as to what that is.

You are operating under a false assumption.. or several. Republican doesn't mean conservative, and independent or moderate doesn't mean non-conservative. Conservatism is a philosophy which crosses over numerous ideological lines. I mentioned earlier there can even be Liberal Conservatives. Some of my favorite Liberal Conservatives were Patrick Moynihan, Zell Miller and Joe Lieberman. When Bill Clinton won as a populist Democrat, he ran as a Conservative.

Your attempt to redefine moderate is self-serving. Moderates are not conservative. They are moderates. People self-identify as conservative, moderate or liberal. They do not identify themselves as conservative, conservative or liberal. Moderates agree with some things conservatives believe and some things liberals believe. They are neither inherently conservative or liberal.

The idea that "if only people knew what I believe, they'd support what I believe" is a narcissistic ideological trap.

Conservatives who believe that the best way to win moderates is to get even more conservative misunderstand moderates and politics.

"You are operating under a false assumption.. or several. Republican doesn't mean conservative, and independent or moderate doesn't mean non-conservative. Conservatism is a philosophy which crosses over numerous ideological lines."

The misconceptions are yours "Boss."
There is no such thing as a Liberal Conservative - the two terms are mutually exclusive. There can be conservative Democrats and liberal Republicans (although both are exceeding rare these days).

Last edited:
You are arguing a libertarian ideology not a Conservative philosophy.

I am not "arguing" anything. I am stating my personal ideological leanings which are essentially rooted in conservative philosophy. I am very libertarian-minded in my views, I like liberty and freedoms for all. I don't want MY personal view imposed on you, nor your personal view imposed on me. I want our collective communities to decide what is best through the democratic process. I can live with that, whether I can agree with it or not, that's just my personal viewpoint.

Conservatism is not an ideology. It is an overarching philosophic approach to problem solving and governance. Perhaps you could say that it is the basis for which you might form an ideological view, but the philosophy is not the ideology. That is the great misnomer and lie which has, admittedly, been very successful for the left since Reagan. Promoting the false narrative that Conservatism is this litany of undesirable ideologies and extremes which is simply untrue.

And I fight for YOUR right to to have those leanings.

I also think you described it pretty well. Actually, the same basic idea could then apply to Liberalism, if we use your logic.
Thank Reagan for the Germany you sit in today. If it were left up to the leftist they have negotiated a way to sustain the eastern block:thup:
No. Helmut Kohl and Bush 43 did the heavy lifting. Try again, Schmuel.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Okay, to start with... I take considerable exception to the left-wing incarnation of "the far right" because it essentially means "conservative." In a political context, the "far right" would be fascists or neo-confederates like Tim McVeigh. These radicals make up about .02% or less in the US, they are not a factor in any election because most of them don't vote. But the left has campaigned to instill this image of conservatives as "far right" when that simply isn't the case. So right off the bat we need to clarify that "far right" means hard core conservatives.

Conservatism is a philosophy and not an ideology. Unlike Liberalism, Conservatives have a wide range of personal beliefs on various issues of social and foreign policy nature, and perhaps even a little bit on economic issues. Most are pro life and believe in God. Most are believers in the Constitution and original intent of the founders. It's not a prerequisite to be a Conservative, you can oppose any of these and still be one.

The "debate" raging among the Republicans at this time is between what the left calls "far right" and the GOP establishment elite. In fact, the elites are even adopting the leftist rhetoric and calling conservatives "far right" in an attempt to marginalize them. So we keep coming back to this "far right" tag which simply refers to people who are passionately committed to conservative philosophy.

In 2008 and 2012, the establishment pushed the idea that only a "moderate" could defeat the Democrats. Both times, the moderate got clocked. Once again, we have the same elite establishment pushing the rhetoric that we need to nominate someone who isn't "far right" because they just can't win the general election. I say BULLSHIT!

The last "far right" conservative was Ronald Reagan... he won two of the largest landslides in political history. There is no evidence that a "far right" candidate cannot win the general election.... NONE! To the contrary, when nominated, they win by landslides.

Now the Elites are very powerful and have influence in the media, so they are pointing to all these polls showing how 47% of America is "politically independent" ...so we have to 'run to the middle' and be more 'moderate' which simply means, less conservative or less committed to conservative principles. The major flaw with this thinking is, most "politically independent" voters are Conservatives! A Conservative (far right) candidate is going to appeal to most of those voters. This is precisely what happened with Reagan and we called them "Reagan Democrats" because they represented the Conservatives who has previously voted Democrat.

What has been missing for Conservatives is a voice. Someone who believes in Conservative philosophy passionately and can articulate what it's all about to the masses. We've allowed people like John McCain and Mitt Romney to carry the water for Conservatism and along with the left, morph it into some backward ideology that must be defeated, or at the very least, apologized for! Conservatives have an uphill battle to change this dynamic but it can be done, it has been done before.

To the GOP Elites: You better get on board with a solid Conservative or the Democrats will win in 2016. This idea that we have to nominate someone "more moderate" is simply surrendering to the liberal left. It is telling every "independent voter" out there that you stand for absolutely nothing and will do whatever you can to capitulate to the left on every issue. You will not win with that strategy!

If Republicans keep losing because they keep losing moderates by big numbers, why do conservatives think that an even more conservative candidate that is less appealing to moderates is a winning formula?
Short answer: because they are stupid. They hail Reagan as a Conservative, but Reagan governed from the middle. Were Reagan alive today, he would be drummed out of the GOP by the Tee Potties ....

True American conservatism is not extreme, but Boss is trying to cloak his libertarian ideology as Conservatism. Boss wants us to accept his silly redefinitions as accurate: that trash will not happen. Boss thinks he can ignore all the corrections and accurate discussion. That won’t happen because his nonsense will be shoved down his throat.

A conservative like Walker may be able to win over moderates. Far right reactionaries like Cruz and Santorum have no chance now, did not in the past, and will not in the future.

I am not "arguing" anything. I am stating my personal ideological leanings which are essentially rooted in conservative philosophy. I am very libertarian-minded in my views, I like liberty and freedoms for all. I don't want MY personal view imposed on you, nor your personal view imposed on me. I want our collective communities to decide what is best through the democratic process. I can live with that, whether I can agree with it or not, that's just my personal viewpoint.

Conservatism is not an ideology. It is an overarching philosophic approach to problem solving and governance. Perhaps you could say that it is the basis for which you might form an ideological view, but the philosophy is not the ideology. That is the great misnomer and lie which has, admittedly, been very successful for the left since Reagan. Promoting the false narrative that Conservatism is this litany of undesirable ideologies and extremes which is simply untrue.

I also think you described it pretty well. Actually, the same basic idea could then apply to Liberalism, if we use your logic.
Thank Reagan for the Germany you sit in today. If it were left up to the leftist they have negotiated a way to sustain the eastern block:thup:

lol that's laughable really..You should be a comedian. that being said. You leftist fought Reagan called him a "cowboy" Ted Kennedy wrote letters to the soviets. Leftist in Europe were against Reagan. Leftist appeasers are a joke .Obama's parents were soviet, communist, sympathizers

True American conservatism is not extreme, but Boss is trying to cloak his libertarian ideology as Conservatism. Boss wants us to accept his silly redefinitions as accurate: that trash will not happen. Boss thinks he can ignore all the corrections and accurate discussion. That won’t happen because his nonsense will be shoved down his throat.

A conservative like Walker may be able to win over moderates. Far right reactionaries like Cruz and Santorum have no chance now, did not in the past, and will not in the future.
Coming from the only "Ford Republican" on the board who knew they still existed:dunno:

lol that's laughable really..You should be a comedian. that being said. You leftist fought Reagan called him a "cowboy" Ted Kennedy wrote letters to the soviets. Leftist in Europe were against Reagan. Leftist appeasers are a joke .Obama's parents were soviet, communist, sympathizers

I though he was a Muslim Kenyan ????

I though he was a Muslim Kenyan ????
and a communist sympathizer:thup:

You do the name Kuni Lemel proud!

The Democrats are only worried about Bush and possibly Paul. The rest of the GOP candidates would be easy pickings for a Dem candidate.

Jake, I don't see Paul as a major factor. But I guess we will see. I see him potentially doing a Mike Huckabee and staying long after it's clear he cannot win, if his money holds out. But I don't see him as a real threat to win the nomination or a general.

You do the name Kuni Lemel proud!

LOL....

Forum List

Back