Fast Food Workers Going On Strike

I haven't advocated that. I just said Businesses could do better. Stop with the bitchin about needing Illegals to do the jobs. That's just plain shameful. American Citizens need the work. But they can't make it on slave wages. That's just reality. If you can't afford to pay an American decent wage, then get out. You shouldn't be in business. Businesses can't have their slaves. They'll just have to learn to deal with that.

I agree that illegal immigration must be stopped, that it adds a virus to the market and destroys the mechanism of the invisible hand.

That said, business must pay employees the value that the employee brings.

Period.

If they pay less, then competitors will snatch the best employees through higher wages. If they more, competitors will undercut them on price and they will go under.

Sounds good, but not always the reality.

Yeah, Big Brother is making it tougher & tougher for start-up Businesses. It's time for him to get the Hell out the way.

Get out of the way by forcing a minimum wage as you advocated earlier?

I haven't advocated that. I just said Businesses could do better. Stop with the bitchin about needing Illegals to do the jobs. That's just plain shameful. American Citizens need the work. But they can't make it on slave wages. That's just reality. If you can't afford to pay an American decent wage, then get out. You shouldn't be in business. Businesses can't have their slaves. They'll just have to learn to deal with that.

You big-government liberals just keep finding new ways in which you want to 'man' to dictate to private business. You far-left radical busy-bodies want to legislate your agenda rather than relying on market forces.

And your use of the term "slave" is both inaccurate and deeply offensive to the memories of those millions who experienced what the word really means in our country's history. Not to mention those still suffering actual slavery in some parts of the world today.

I worked at McDonalds until I got fired after three days.

Cooking is down to flipping burgers or pulling fries when the f*cking beeper goes off. It's not like it requires a damn chef to make the things. The beeper goes off and you turn the hamburger over for f*ck sakes. Your entire f*cking job is hitting the timer and doing what the beeper tells you to when it goes off.

Not a job worth 15 bucks an hour.

You are correct, everything is on timers. The workers are not back there marinading meat and preparing a good dry rub tri tip or something.

Imagine what a Big Mac would cost if they were.

:eek:

I can't begrudge an America Worker for trying to get more for them and their family, anymore than i can begrudge a Business for trying to make more profit. Everyone's just trying to survive. There has to be a middle-ground. If you can't afford to pay an American a decent wage, you really should get out. You shouldn't be in Business. Whining about it not being fair and how much you need those Illegals, just isn't gonna cut it. You can't have your slaves. Deal with it.

Last edited:
Get out of the way by forcing a minimum wage as you advocated earlier?

You big-government liberals just keep finding new ways in which you want to 'man' to dictate to private business. You far-left radical busy-bodies want to legislate your agenda rather than relying on market forces.

And your use of the term "slave" is both inaccurate and deeply offensive to the memories of those millions who experienced what the word really means in our country's history. Not to mention those still suffering actual slavery in some parts of the world today.

:lol: I'm far from being a "big-government liberal."

I can't begrudge an America Worker for trying to get more for them and their family, anymore than i can begrudge a Business for trying to make more profit. Everyone's just trying to survive. There has to be a middle-ground. If you can't afford to pay an American a decent wage, you really should get out. You shouldn't be in Business. Whining about it not being fair and how much you need those Illegals, just isn't gonna cut it. You can't have your slaves. Deal with it.

There has to be a middle-ground.

The middle ground is the offered wage that is accepted.

If you can't afford to pay an American a decent wage, you really should get out.

If you can't afford to live on the wage offered, you really should get out.

Whining about it not being fair and how much you need those Illegals, just isn't gonna cut it. You can't have your slaves. Deal with it.

You just said they could, amnesty is here.
If you want to raise wages, don't whine at businesses, whine at the government that let millions of "slaves" sneak in.

If you can't afford to pay an American a decent wage, you really should get out. You shouldn't be in Business. .

Says who? You want your Big Government Mommy to decide all that, don't you? Maybe send in the National Guard if a PRIVATE BUSINESS doesn't pay a teenager living at home with his parents and flipping a sliver of meat over when he hears a bell ring at least $18 - $20/hr?

You sure as hell sound like one right now. That's kind of what I was trying to impress upon you. :eusa_whistle:

And take note of your offensively inaccurate use of language as I also mentioned. It makes you sound like a callous, hyperbolic fool.

There has to be a middle-ground.

The middle ground is the offered wage that is accepted.

If you can't afford to pay an American a decent wage, you really should get out.

If you can't afford to live on the wage offered, you really should get out.

Whining about it not being fair and how much you need those Illegals, just isn't gonna cut it. You can't have your slaves. Deal with it.

You just said they could, amnesty is here.
If you want to raise wages, don't whine at businesses, whine at the government that let millions of "slaves" sneak in.

Amnesty is here. I don't support it, but it is here. And Businesses will benefit from it. They will take advantage and drive wages down further. So, what do you expect the American Worker to do? Just sit back and become slaves? Or fight to get more for them and their families? If you don't want to pay an American a decent wage, than shut your business down. This isn't Asia, South America, or Africa. You can't and shouldn't have your slaves.

If you can't afford to pay an American a decent wage, you really should get out. You shouldn't be in Business. .

Says who? You want your Big Government Mommy to decide all that, don't you? Maybe send in the National Guard if a PRIVATE BUSINESS doesn't pay a teenager living at home with his parents and flipping a sliver of meat over when he hears a bell ring at least $18 - $20/hr?

I'm not a Big Government advocate. I'm actually quite the opposite.

You sure as hell sound like one right now. That's kind of what I was trying to impress upon you. :eusa_whistle:

And take note of your offensively inaccurate use of language as I also mentioned. It makes you sound like a callous, hyperbolic fool.

Just seeing both perspectives. Trying to find some middle-ground. American Workers have it rough these days. Not too many looking out for them anymore. Too many in this country have that knee-jerk "Defend Corporations at all cost!" mentality. I can't say for sure why though. American Workers need defending now more than ever. They're under constant attack form many sides. They have no choice but to look out for themselves.

Businesses make as much money as they can and by any means necessary. That includes laying workers off, cutting them to part-time, or hiring Temp Workers to replace them. But that's Capitalism. Profit is the goal. I understand and accept that. But to then say, American Workers shouldn't fight for more for their families, is just plain ludicrous. Fighting back is all they have. Businesses do what they do to make money, and Workers have to do what they do to survive. No one should begrudge them doing that.

Last edited:

I'm not a Big Government advocate. I'm actually quite the opposite.

Doesn't smell like it from what you've dumped here so far.

Just seeing both perspectives. Trying to find some middle-ground. American Workers have it rough these days. Not too many looking out for them anymore. Too many in this country have that knee-jerk "Defend Corporations at all cost!" mentality. I can't say for sure why though. American Workers need defending now more than ever. They're under constant attack form many sides. They have no choice but to look out for themselves. .

Sounds like YOU want Mommy Big Government to do that. Do you want Mommy Big Government to look after you? You know what comes along with that, don't you?

For someone claiming to be a Libertarian, you kinda suck at it.

I worked at McDonalds until I got fired after three days.

Cooking is down to flipping burgers or pulling fries when the f*cking beeper goes off. It's not like it requires a damn chef to make the things. The beeper goes off and you turn the hamburger over for f*ck sakes. Your entire f*cking job is hitting the timer and doing what the beeper tells you to when it goes off.

Not a job worth 15 bucks an hour.

You are correct, everything is on timers. The workers are not back there marinading meat and preparing a good dry rub tri tip or something.

Imagine what a Big Mac would cost if they were.

Imagine how much better it would taste.

Just seeing both perspectives. Trying to find some middle-ground. American Workers have it rough these days. Not too many looking out for them anymore. Too many in this country have that knee-jerk "Defend Corporations at all cost!" mentality. I can't say for sure why though. American Workers need defending now more than ever. They're under constant attack form many sides. They have no choice but to look out for themselves. .

Sounds like YOU want Mommy Big Government to do that. Do you want Mommy Big Government to look after you? You know what comes along with that, don't you?

For someone claiming to be a Libertarian, you kinda suck at it.

You refuse to see both perspectives. But that's your call i guess. Businesses do what they have to do to make more profit. So there's no reason why American Workers shouldn't do what they have to do to take care of their families. There's two sides to this story.

Last edited:
Sounds good, but not always the reality.

Unless government intervenes, it is.

You're all good with Businesses doing whatever they have to do to make a profit. Yet you're so against Workers doing whatever they have to do to survive. I just don't get that mentality. It's like you're telling workers to just shut up, do what they're told, and be good slaves. I'll never begrudge a worker fighting for more. It's their right.

You should never open a business assuming you'll have cheap slave labor. That assumption will sink you. Either do the job yourself, or hope your family members will volunteer their time to support your business. People have to survive. They have their own families to think of. If you can't pay a decent wage, you should seriously consider closing your business. There are no free rides. No one is required to be your slave.

Forum List

Back