Fast Food Workers Going On Strike

So continue to hate the poor....works well...right up until a workers revolt...
And when they revolt as these idiots are doing (and NOT thankful to HAVE JOBS in the current circumstances)...what will they do when they are FIRED/Replaced...NO one is hating the poor, dipshit.
Sure go ahead replace them that's just covering the problem up and not fixing it...it won't go away until people are given a rightful wage.

And when exactly are YOU going to lead that, hero? What's that you say? Never? You'd shit yourself in fear first?

Yeah, I thought so.

Did I say I was going to lead it you fucking dimwitted bitch? Nope sure didn't. Fuck off and go back to jerking off in moms basement kid.

since when in this country did it become acceptable for others not to try to better themselves and just blame others for their own shortcomings?

Did I say I was going to lead it you fucking dimwitted bitch? Nope sure didn't. Fuck off and go back to jerking off in moms basement kid.

Thanks for admitting you are nothing but a big mouth and an empty shell, coward.

since when in this country did it become acceptable for others not to try to better themselves and just blame others for their own shortcomings?

Since democrats figured out they could get votes by encouraging such thinking.

And when they revolt as these idiots are doing (and NOT thankful to HAVE JOBS in the current circumstances)...what will they do when they are FIRED/Replaced...NO one is hating the poor, dipshit.
Sure go ahead replace them that's just covering the problem up and not fixing it...it won't go away until people are given a rightful wage.

And when exactly are YOU going to lead that, hero? What's that you say? Never? You'd shit yourself in fear first?

Yeah, I thought so.

Nice new look for the guy who wears the skirt in the family while his poor wife busts her ass off and works.

after studying/researching this matter, I have come to the conclusion that "This All Started Under The Bush Administration". This is my final answer, no need to phone a friend or my pet ferret.

Yeah, I thought so.

YOU got banned...and *I* wonder how that happened?

YOU DESERVED IT.

DON"T COME BACK.

You're all good with Businesses doing whatever they have to do to make a profit. Yet you're so against Workers doing whatever they have to do to survive. I just don't get that mentality. It's like you're telling workers to just shut up, do what they're told, and be good slaves. I'll never begrudge a worker fighting for more. It's their right.

Nonsense.

I'm all for workers negotiating to get the most for their time and talent that they possibly can. What I oppose is a third party, such as government - or a greedy monopoly like SEUI, getting involved.

You should never open a business assuming you'll have cheap slave labor. That assumption will sink you. Either do the job yourself, or hope your family members will volunteer their time to support your business. People have to survive. They have their own families to think of. If you can't pay a decent wage, you should seriously consider closing your business. There are no free rides. No one is required to be your slave.

I agree; slavery is illegal. Only businesses that offer a job to those who will voluntarily accept the wage offered should be legally allowed to operate.

Lucky for you, that is the case. You don't want to flip burgers for what the local owner of a McDonalds is offering? By all means, refuse the job and look for another.

Some people in this country really do believe they deserve or are entitled to cheap Slave Labor. They feel they're somehow special because they operate a Business. Well, guess what? That ain't the case. Just because you want to make money, doesn't mean you're special and entitled to having slaves. You don't want to pay, then quit your bitchin and shut it down. No one owes you anything. No one is required to be a slave so you can a turn a bigger profit. You don't like that reality? Oh well, too bad. Deal with it.

You leftists constantly use the word "slave" to describe voluntary employment.

It is yet another reason that you cannot be taken seriously.

There is a reason of the fast food type place I prefer Steak n Shake. First, they treat their fast food establishment like a restaurant, therefore, the workers get tips and actually make more than minimum wage. Not to mention it gets some experience to get at least a better waiter job. Some waiters make decent money. Nothing to write home about, but enough to pay the rent. Second, they have amazing prices and special, like kids eat free on weekend. Lastly, the food is high quality. I would take their burger over McD, Wendy, Burger King etc any day of the week.

You're taste buds are numb, Steak and shake sucks...

As far as fast food goes they are pretty good. There steakburgers are better than McDonalds or Burger King. There chicken fingers aren't that bad. Their fries are just so-so. There milk shakes are awesome! I usually get their Southwest Grilled Chicken salad and it's pretty good.

Steak n Shake, like all fast food, is nothing to write home about, but it's better than most in my opinion.

Agreed. And, given how badly the deck is stacked against workers, I don't begrudge them a union or periodic government intervention to level the playing field just a skosh.

Especially when that union is YOUR union, and broke - needing a new host to suck the life out of in order to fund the outrageous and absurd pensions you were granted.

Frankly, I think that most of the larger-scale unions in existence today have reached the point where they do more harm than good, at least much of the time, and I believe that their day in the sun may have passed by now, but there's still a place for them, and, when done right, with an organization that does it right, organizing under a union banner can do wonders to improve wages and conditions and workplace rights and accommodations for various segments of our labor force.

There is nothing wrong with a union in concept - but just as is the case with corporations, when a union becomes a monopoly, things get bad. The unions in this nation are government sponsored and supported monopolies engaged in a trust.

Many in their zealous defense of Capitalism, preach a strange moral double standard. They seem to hold Workers to an unrealistic lofty standard of morality, while at the same time giving Businesses an absolute free pass on morality. I've been guilty of that myself in the past. Businesses don't often consider morality in their bottom line decision-making. It's all about the profit. They lay Employees off or cut their hours & pay, whenever it's convenient for them to do so. Employees and their families don't get much consideration or mercy when it comes to increasing the profits.

Unfortunately, so many people choose to completely ignore that sad reality. But at the same time, those same people are very quick to condemn and insult Workers for trying to get a few more scraps for them and their families. It's a bizarre double standard. Business Owners are not exempt from being good moral Citizens. Owning a Business doesn't give them a pass on that. If it's gonna to be a Dog eat Dog World, than so be it. Don't condemn Workers for trying to survive in it.

Business is not a charity. Any given business owes their employees nothing more than a paycheck for the hours worked. No business is going to have an employee based business model. The obligation any business has is to stay in business. They stay in business to benefit the owners and the employees who still work there. There is nothing moral about letting employees bleed a business to death.

You're clearly all-in on that double standard. Businesses do what they do to make cash, and Workers have to do what they do to get more for them and their families. You don't want morals? That's fine. But hold them both to the same standards. Capitalism is a Cut-Throat Business. It is what it is.

Here's my question for you, Paul...
Does a business really do it's employees a favor by paying them such a high wage that it ultimately makes the business go under? I watched the American auto industry do just that with the wages they were paying in Detroit. It reached the absurd point where GM was losing something like $40 on every car that rolled off an assembly line there and was only staying afloat because they turned a profit on cars made elsewhere.

That's crazy and yet the UAW didn't see the writing on the wall. So now cars are being made in Alabama in non union shops or overseas and auto workers in Michigan are unemployed. It's fine to say that workers have to do something for their families...but when that "something" is joining a union that makes unsustainable demands on the business they work for...then it's not going to end well.

the complaining burger flippers seem to have this notion that the owners of their franchises are all multi-millionaires who shouldn't have a problem giving them raises, yah, as if the owner of your local Burger King franchise has an extra 8 million just sitting around collecting dust. {they have no idea of the concept of "Overhead Costs"} you ask a 19 year old employee what Overhead means, they will in react in a state of confusion. Uhm, ahh,,,overhead? ahh, that's like "Stuff Hanging Over Your Head",,,right? errrr.

Boo Hoo for them. Don't want to pay, close your business down. There are no free rides in Capitalism. No one is required to be a slave just so you can turn a profit.

Yeah, many subscribe to a strange double standard on issues like this. They hold Workers to some unrealistic lofty moral standard, while approving of anything Businesses do. It's like they believe Business Owners are a special class. It's them, and then the Slave Class. Workers are just supposed to shut up, do what they're told, and be good little slaves. It's a mentality i'll never understand. Defending Capitalism is good, but Workers need defending too. There's two sides to the story. Business Owners are not a special class.

Forum List

Back