🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

You must be one of the underclass I was referring to....I mean you cant even spell Fryolator even though you see it at work everyday.
He doesnt see it ever day ever since he got fired for pissing into it.

They do work hard. Just because you greedy white Republican dudes don't see that, doesn't mean it isn't so. $15 an hr is peanuts in today's America. They're not asking for the world. America won't collapse because some struggling workers make a few more bucks. I promise.
So maybe you got fired because you cant read.

And they're not demanding more money from the Government. They're demanding more money from their Employer. So it's none of your business. It's between them and their Employer.

But hey, if you think the jobs are so easy, you can always hop your fat ass on a grill and start flipping. If you guys would start doing that, we wouldn't have to listen to your constant bitchin & moanin about paying Americans a decent wage. Get your fat asses to work and do it yourselves. No one wants to be your slave. Sorry bout that.

Why should I care about a small subset of the population that underachieves in life?
There will always be ne'er do wells in society,giving them more unearned money wont change that.

They wanna be paid a decent wage. And they're not demanding it from Government. They're demanding it from their Employer. So it's none of your business. It's between them and McDonalds.

That's the big problem with you white Republican dudes. You continue confusing Corporatism with Capitalism. You don't have to worship and defend shite corporations like Walmart and McDonalds to prove you're a 'Good Capitalist.'

He doesnt see it ever day ever since he got fired for pissing into it.

They do work hard. Just because you greedy white Republican dudes don't see that, doesn't mean it isn't so. $15 an hr is peanuts in today's America. They're not asking for the world. America won't collapse because some struggling workers make a few more bucks. I promise.

And they're not demanding more money from the Government. They're demanding more money from their Employer. So it's none of your business. It's between them and their Employer.

But hey, if you think the jobs are so easy, you can always hop your fat ass on a grill and start flipping. If you guys would start doing that, we wouldn't have to listen to your constant bitchin & moanin about paying Americans a decent wage. Get your fat asses to work and do it yourselves. No one wants to be your slave. Sorry bout that.

Why should I care about a small subset of the population that underachieves in life?
There will always be ne'er do wells in society,giving them more unearned money wont change that.

They wanna be paid a decent wage. And they're not demanding it from Government. They're demanding it from their Employer. So it's none of your business. It's between them and McDonalds.

That's the big problem with you white Republican dudes. You continue confusing Corporatism with Capitalism. You don't have to worship and defend shite corporations like Walmart and McDonalds to prove you're a 'Good Capitalist.'

Nah....as I've already said.
You dont pay someone more than they are worth because not only is it detrimental to the business and you'd probably be the first person they laid off...it would also be unfair to the people who actually applied themselves to attain that 15 bucks an hour.
Anyway... shouldnt you be manning the Fryolator,or were you demoted to the nightshift for having a piss poor attitude?

I keep hearing from greedy white Republican dudes that the jobs are so 'easy.' Yet they won't do em themselves and expect to have slaves do em. If they don't wanna pay an American a livable wage, they could always hop their fat asses on a grill and make the burgers themselves.

Then we wouldn't have to listen to their constant whining about having to pay their slaves. They could always just do the work themselves. Problem solved. You're welcome. I'm here to help.

I cook for fun,and I promise you my skills in the kitchen,BBQ pit or grill far surpass whatever you think you may know about frying potatoes.
So what exactly is difficult about dumping frozen pieces of potato into hot grease and waiting for the beep anyway?
Maybe if you stopped fishing em out with your hands the job would come a little easier for you?

What greedy fat white dudes.

I know people who own franchises (McDonalds) and make a pretty poor salary compared to the time they put in (often covering for these people whose salaries you want to increase).

They are franchises. What do you think happens to them when you burden them with this ?

I am really anxious to hear your answer.

I agree we have an income distribution issue, but this isn't the answer.

If Canada can afford an $11-12 Minumum Wage, i think the richest nation on earth can match that, or do better. And shite corporations like McDonalds have made several $Billions off their slave workers' blood, sweat, and tears. They can afford to give back a bit. They'll survive.

Can you justify your claims about McDonalds ?

Many of those stores are franchises.

Or is this just going to be your fairy tale ?

BTW: With regards to Canada...they could not handle the illegal immigration we deal with.

Also, they have a real strict limit on who can hold what jobs.

I had to travel to Canada on business routinely for about a year. Went to Calgary, Toronto and Montreal. Routinely took cabs. Every one was a pakistani/indian who had a masters or better (mostly engineers with at least two doctors) who were not allowed to work in their professions because they didn't "qualify". These were very bright men who could have run circles around the idiots I had to work with. Canada did a very good job of keeping wages high by keeping supply low.

If you look at many of their norther indigenous populace...they freeze their asses off in abject poverty.

Canada's doing fine. It balanced its budget, lowered its Corporate Tax Rate, and still manages to consistently raise its Minimum Wage. It's enjoyed no Debt and low Unemployment for years. And it's taking care of its People. It can be done. There's no reason why the richest nation on earth can't do better.

Canada currently enjoys a debt of one trillion dollars.

Yeah, things have changed there the last couple years. Conservatives are losing control. But they did manage to balance the budget, lower the Corporate Tax Rate, and consistently raise the Minimum Wage.

Canada is doing much better than the U.S. in most economic aspects. The formula is there. It does work. The richest nation on earth really can learn from its northern neighbor.

Losing control ?

Don't pay much attention to what goes on at the state level do you.

Get your slave suit on.....your ass is grass.

What a bunch of crybabies, I picked cabbage on a farm in the humid Michigan summer sun for $2 an hour when I was a teenager, that was my first job and I wasn't bitching and complaining about it.

And I'm sure your parents worked there also and you knew you would be doing it for the rest of your life.
Nah! I didn't think so.

If you run around "knowing" that your life has to be shit forever, then you have absolutely no one to blame but yourself if that turns out to be what happens.

No sympathy for quitters, Sparky.

If you want to be paid $15 an hour then go learn a skill that merits you being paid $15 an hour. A twelve year old can be trained to flip burgers. If these people were smart enough to realize they are only fighting for themselves to be replaced by automated kiosks they wouldn't be flipping burgers in the first place.

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

A rich Leftard like any of the Hollyweird elite needs to buy a burger joint and pay their employees a high "living wage" with great medical to set an example how easily it is done and how prosperous it is.

If a $15/hour minimum wage is such a good thing, why aren't ALL businesses owned by Liberals doing that voluntarily?

Sure, no problem, McDonalds should be free to fire every one 'em and replace 'em if they refuse to work for prevailing market wages, the supply of willing labor that has the skill set required to do their jobs is virtually unlimited, good ole SUPPLY and DEMAND.

It appears not

Consumer Prices in Greenville, SC are 2.20%lower than in Calgary
Consumer Prices Including Rent in Greenville, SCare 4.61% lower than in Calgary
Rent Prices in Greenville, SC are 10.12% lowerthan in Calgary
Restaurant Prices in Greenville, SC are 8.82%lower than in Calgary
Groceries Prices in Greenville, SC are 0.40% lowerthan in Calgary
Local Purchasing Power in Greenville, SC is 4.89% higher than in Callgary

And don't even go with pay is higher, I won't find a industrial plastics maintenance job in Canada much higher then I am already making in South Carolina

And it's not a new thing. Hell, MLB pitcher David Wells remarked on it in his autobiography...he played rookie ball in Medicine Hat, Alberta...in 1983!

You dont pay someone more than they are worth because not only is it detrimental to the business and you'd probably be the first person they laid off...it would also be unfair to the people who actually applied themselves to attain that 15 bucks an hour.
Anyway... shouldnt you be manning the Fryolator,or were you demoted to the nightshift for having a piss poor attitude?

Typical greedy white Republican mentality. And you wonder why you won't be seeing the White House anytime soon. American Workers can't support you.

It will not happen even if Trump were elected. ( Deporting them all )

So try to find a middle ground. Also if you put them on visas, and have a five year window with congress approval for renew would mean those illegals are in a data base, and five years later you can order deportation and get a good majority of them.

Sometimes you have to play to get your way.

Trump won't be elected. The GOP doesn't want the White House.
Are you on LSD?

Typical greedy white Republican mentality. And you wonder why you won't be seeing the White House anytime soon. American Workers can't support you.

They support the republicans on jobs where it matters in the states governors house....

I keep hearing from greedy white Republican dudes that the jobs are so 'easy.' Yet they won't do em themselves and expect to have slaves do em. If they don't wanna pay an American a livable wage, they could always hop their fat asses on a grill and make the burgers themselves.

Then we wouldn't have to listen to their constant whining about having to pay their slaves. They could always just do the work themselves. Problem solved. You're welcome. I'm here to help.

I cook for fun,and I promise you my skills in the kitchen,BBQ pit or grill far surpass whatever you think you may know about frying potatoes.
So what exactly is difficult about dumping frozen pieces of potato into hot grease and waiting for the beep anyway?
Maybe if you stopped fishing em out with your hands the job would come a little easier for you?

You open a burger joint, just hop your fat ass on the grill and do the work yourself. After all, it is such 'easy work.' Then we won't have to listen to your incessant whining about having to pay Americans a livable wage.

Just because you open a business, it doesn't mean you're entitled to having your slaves. You're not special. So either pay up, or just shut up. No one wants to be your slave.

Sure, no problem, McDonalds should be free to fire every one 'em and replace 'em if they refuse to work for prevailing market wages, the supply of willing labor that has the skill set required to do their jobs is virtually unlimited, good ole SUPPLY and DEMAND.

Well then fire em and be done with it. Quit threatening, and just do it. Otherwise, pay em a decent wage. McDonalds can longer have its slaves. It is what it is.

I think the banks will be the least of your worries.

Not a threat, mind you. Just an observation.

You must be very familiar with horseshit.
Rich people who have everything to lose are NOT going to the streets.
They talk big and do nothing.
I know, I live amongst them.

Do you?

How interesting ...

Mucking out the horse stalls?:laugh2:

I'd pay $100.00 to see three rich guys drive into the Hood and bust some heads.

Poor combat strategy. Let them come to you.

You're gonna pull out your shotgun?
I got news for you...they WANT to die for the street cred; they don't CARE!
Of course you'll have to reload a few hundred times or keep switching shotguns.
You obviously never met a guy from the Hood; not that it has any intrinsic value.

Shotgun? Fuck no. I'd rather reach out and touch someone...

700spsvarmint-prod.ashx

I work with a guy who's wife was a controller for a guy who owns 19 McDonald's.
Their Operations Management is fully automated and the owner raked in at least 300K a year per Joint.
He got Police Protection because he fed them for free.
She was making 35K for 13 years and he finally canned her because he found an ex-cocaine addict to do it for 30K.
He and his wife went from being staunch Republicans to Democrats overnight.

What exactly is a fully automated operations management?

Fucking people is a Republican ideal.

Are you not the guy who claims to make millions each year.

Naah...he has never held a job in his life. he is a trust-fund baby, born with a silver spoon up his ass.

Just telling you what the Candadian formula is. It can be done. The greatest nation on earth can definitely do better. It could start by trying the Canadian formula.

Apples to oranges. California alone has a larger population than Canada and a higher GDP. You don't see a problem in trying to bring a Canadian formula to fix the US?

Like you, he just is not all that bright.

They support the republicans on jobs where it matters in the states governors house....

Good luck with that. Enjoy your fleeting success. Most American Workers know greedy white Republican dudes aren't in their corner. You're gonna lose their vote forever if you're not careful.

You open a burger joint, just hop your fat ass on the grill and do the work yourself. After all, it is such 'easy work.' Then we won't have to listen to your incessant whining about having to pay Americans a livable wage.

Just because you open a business, it doesn't mean you're entitled to having your slaves. You're not special. So either pay up, or just shut up. No one wants to be your slave.

It appears you are wrong again...

What reality world do you live in?

McDonalds Hires 62,000, Turns Away Over 938,000 Applicants For Minimum Wage, Part-Time Jobs | Zero Hedge

After receiving more than one million applications, ...McDonald's and its franchisees hired 62,000 people.

Forum List

Back