🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle

If you want to be paid $15 an hour then go learn a skill that merits you being paid $15 an hour. A twelve year old can be trained to flip burgers. If these people were smart enough to realize they are only fighting for themselves to be replaced by automated kiosks they wouldn't be flipping burgers in the first place.

Fast-food workers strike, seeking $15 wage, political muscle
I don't understand why you people do not understand the concept of inflation. The issue of raising the mimimum wage isn't about skill, it's about what 15 per hour buys.

If Canada can have an $11-12 Minimum Wage, there's no reason why the richest nation on earth couldn't match that, or do better. Period, end of story.

But why should we? Still awaiting the logical premise.

I'll let you think about that a bit more. I'm sure you'll eventually come up with some good reasons.

TRANSLATION: "I don't have a fuckin' clue."

Obviously you don't.

Good on em. Hopefully they'll get it, or something close. McDonalds has made $Billions off the blood, sweat, and tears of their slave workers. So it gets no sympathy from me. It's time for McDonalds to do some good for a change.

Actually, Chuckles, McDonald's - the corporation - makes its money off of franchise owners. The individual franchises themselves are not going to zero out their own profit margin to pay people to do something I taught my kids to do before they hit junior high. And that IS what it would take.

Then they can do the work themselves. They can get their fat asses on those friolaters and make their own damn fries. They don't need their slaves. Problem solved.

Good on em. Hopefully they'll get it, or something close. McDonalds has made $Billions off the blood, sweat, and tears of their slave workers. So it gets no sympathy from me. It's time for McDonalds to do some good for a change.

Actually, Chuckles, McDonald's - the corporation - makes its money off of franchise owners. The individual franchises themselves are not going to zero out their own profit margin to pay people to do something I taught my kids to do before they hit junior high. And that IS what it would take.

Then they can do the work themselves. They can get their fat asses on those friolaters and make their own damn fries. They don't need their slaves. Problem solved.

So you want to fire all the mickyD employees?
I fail to see how that'll help..but okay.

Would labor need recourse to a Labor Strike, with more effectual recourse to unemployment compensation simply for being unemployed on an at-will basis in any at-will employment State?

American Workers need strong Unions again. It's the only way to keep greedy white Republican dude in check. Since their demise, the hateful greedy folks have been allowed to run amok. Wages have decreased or stayed stagnant. Unions are the only hope left for American Workers. Balance needs to be restored.

What greedy fat white dudes.

I know people who own franchises (McDonalds) and make a pretty poor salary compared to the time they put in (often covering for these people whose salaries you want to increase).

They are franchises. What do you think happens to them when you burden them with this ?

I am really anxious to hear your answer.

I agree we have an income distribution issue, but this isn't the answer.

If Canada can afford an $11-12 Minumum Wage, i think the richest nation on earth can match that, or do better. And shite corporations like McDonalds have made several $Billions off their slave workers' blood, sweat, and tears. They can afford to give back a bit. They'll survive.

Can you justify your claims about McDonalds ?

Many of those stores are franchises.

Or is this just going to be your fairy tale ?

BTW: With regards to Canada...they could not handle the illegal immigration we deal with.

Also, they have a real strict limit on who can hold what jobs.

I had to travel to Canada on business routinely for about a year. Went to Calgary, Toronto and Montreal. Routinely took cabs. Every one was a pakistani/indian who had a masters or better (mostly engineers with at least two doctors) who were not allowed to work in their professions because they didn't "qualify". These were very bright men who could have run circles around the idiots I had to work with. Canada did a very good job of keeping wages high by keeping supply low.

If you look at many of their norther indigenous populace...they freeze their asses off in abject poverty.

Canada's doing fine. It balanced its budget, lowered its Corporate Tax Rate, and still manages to consistently raise its Minimum Wage. It's enjoyed no Debt and low Unemployment for years. And it's taking care of its People. It can be done. There's no reason why the richest nation on earth can't do better.

If Canada can afford an $11-12 Minumum Wage, i think the richest nation on earth can match that, or do better. And shite corporations like McDonalds have made several $Billions off their slave workers' blood, sweat, and tears. They can afford to give back a bit. They'll survive.

Read, Learn

What's Required to Open a McDonald's Franchise?

Don't wanna pay a fellow American a livable wage, don't open a business or just do the work yourself. It's your call.

Didn't read, didn't learn.

No surprise

Ah, just more excuses for paying fellow Americans shite wages. Heard it all before. You don't wanna pay? Don't open a business or do the work yourself. Simple as that.

That makes a lot of sense.

Don't open your business...now those people have a $15/Hour job with no hours.....no money.

Wonderful.

If you wanna shit on fellow Americans, don't open a business. Or, just do the work yourself. No one wants to be your slave.

American Workers need strong Unions again. It's the only way to keep greedy white Republican dude in check. Since their demise, the hateful greedy folks have been allowed to run amok. Wages have decreased or stayed stagnant. Unions are the only hope left for American Workers. Balance needs to be restored.

I know people who own franchises (McDonalds) and make a pretty poor salary compared to the time they put in (often covering for these people whose salaries you want to increase).

They are franchises. What do you think happens to them when you burden them with this ?

BTW: With regards to Canada...they could not handle the illegal immigration we deal with.

I had to travel to Canada on business routinely for about a year. Went to Calgary, Toronto and Montreal. Routinely took cabs. Every one was a pakistani/indian who had a masters or better (mostly engineers with at least two doctors) who were not allowed to work in their professions because they didn't "qualify". These were very bright men who could have run circles around the idiots I had to work with. Canada did a very good job of keeping wages high by keeping supply low.

If you look at many of their norther indigenous populace...they freeze their asses off in abject poverty.

Canada's doing fine. It balanced its budget, lowered its Corporate Tax Rate, and still manages to consistently raise its Minimum Wage. It's enjoyed no Debt and low Unemployment for years. And it's taking care of its People. It can be done. There's no reason why the richest nation on earth can't do better.

Canada currently enjoys a debt of one trillion dollars.

Don't wanna pay a fellow American a livable wage, don't open a business or just do the work yourself. It's your call.

No surprise

Ah, just more excuses for paying fellow Americans shite wages. Heard it all before. You don't wanna pay? Don't open a business or do the work yourself. Simple as that.

Don't open your business...now those people have a $15/Hour job with no hours.....no money.

Wonderful.

If you wanna shit on fellow Americans, don't open a business. Or, just do the work yourself. No one wants to be your slave.

Really ?

Then why do they apply for the jobs ?

How could you not be doing fine with doctors driving cabs ?

No surprise

Wonderful.
Automate. Then it won't matter at all. There won't be $15.00 an hour jobs. There will be $20.00 an hour tech repair and maintenance jobs. Just very few of them.

Less Americans working won't be a good thing. I mean, it will be for shite Corporations. But it won't be for average Taxpayers. More Americans on the Dole will be a bad thing overall.

Yeah, i've laid out the Canada formula. I actually know a bit about Canada and what its Conservatives achieved. They balanced the budget, lowered its Corporate Tax Rate, and consistently raised its Minumum Wage.

Canada now enjoys no Debt and low Unemployment. Its workers also make a livable wage. It's a formula that's been proven to work. We could learn a lot from our northern neighbor.

Then why is Canada's effective corporate rate higher than the US?

Just telling you what the Candadian formula is. It can be done. The greatest nation on earth can definitely do better. It could start by trying the Canadian formula.

All you're doing is hoping for more people to lose a job with this line. these jobs were supposed to be for HIGH school kids to get a job experience and start a Resume. they weren't suppose to support a family of four for crying out

Times change. McDonalds should do some good for a change. It owes its several $Billions to those slave workers it's abused for so many years. Time to give something back. Time to do right.
McDonalds never had slave workers, dumbass.

It has, and still does. It made its $Billions off the blood, sweat, and tears of its slaves. It is what it is.

Yo, those jobs are for teens, to learn responsibility, and to be independent!!! If you are working there in your 20`s, 30`s, 40`s or 50`s? You better be a Manager! If not? You better go back to school! You people are so damn stupid, it`s really funny!!! Love It!!!

"GTP"
View attachment 54537

$15 an hr does not a Millionaire make. In today's America, it's actually peanuts. These workers aren't asking for much. McDonalds can afford it. It's made several $Billions off treating its workers like slaves. It can now give a little back. It's time to do right.

Yo, those jobs are for teens, to learn responsibility, and to be independent!!! If you are working there in your 20`s, 30`s, 40`s or 50`s? You better be a Manager! If not? You better go back to school! You people are so damn stupid, it`s really funny!!! Love It!!!

"GTP"
View attachment 54537

$15 an hr does not a Millionaire make. In today's America, it's actually peanuts. These workers aren't asking for much. McDonalds can afford it. It's made several $Billions off treating its workers like slaves. It can now give a little back. It's time to do right.
No, idiot. Doing right means running your business profitably, paying workers out of those profits and benefitting the owners, which is the purpose of a company.
Hey why dont you go out and become a franchisee and make millions like they do?

Read, Learn

What's Required to Open a McDonald's Franchise?

You act like you can do something about it.
My call is to continue to pay the going rate for burger flippers......you can get a better job or stop whining ...It's your call.

Or, get your fat ass on the fryolater and do the work yourself. If you're not willing to do that, then quit ya whining and pay a fellow American a livable wage. Period, end of story.

No thanks..I like things the way they are.
You're just going to have to deal with it.

Well, the People aren't just gonna 'deal with it' anymore. You greedy white Republican dudes can't have your slave. Oh well, too bad for you. Life goes on.

So you want to fire all the mickyD employees?
I fail to see how that'll help..but okay.

Hey, no one's stopping y'all whiners from hopping your fat asses on those friolaters. You don't wanna pay? Cool, just do the work yourselves.

Canada currently enjoys a debt of one trillion dollars.

Yeah, things have changed there the last couple years. Conservatives are losing control. But they did manage to balance the budget, lower the Corporate Tax Rate, and consistently raise the Minimum Wage.

Canada is doing much better than the U.S. in most economic aspects. The formula is there. It does work. The richest nation on earth really can learn from its northern neighbor.

Forum List

Back