Father gets manslaughter after son shoots 3yo

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Father whose 11-year-old son 'shot and killed' three-year-old boy with his gun in Detroit found guilty of manslaughter
  • Curry Bryson's 11-year-old son was accused of shooting a 3-year-old dead
  • Bryson had stored his handgun in a closet in a 'grossly negligent manner'
  • Older child threw the gun out the window and collected it later, police said
  • Gun was fired inside a car and Elijah Walker was fatally shot in the face
  • Bryson was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter & a firearms charge
  • Older boy was cleared of manslaughter because he is mentally disabled

Read more: Father whose son, 11, 'shot and killed' boy, 3, guilty of manslaughter
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

YES.

Its about time the parents/adults were held responsible for the gun deaths of children.

This man got off easy but my bet is he was prosecuted because he's black. When whites are also held responsible, I'll see that differently.

Manslaughter is the wrong charge
Negligence yes but the kid stole the gun and pulled the trigger

And always....a little perspective....

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Here are the stats on some common types of death....it would be better to start a crusade to teach people how to walk upright...and save them from falling deaths...you would save more lives.....

guns, drowning and poisoning....

If you cared about people....you would push to ban the following...

Cars, Accidental deaths 2013......35,369

Poisons...accidental deaths 2013....38,851

Alcohol...accidental deaths 2013...29,001

gravity....accidental falling deaths 2013...30,208
Accidental drowning.....3,391
Accidental exposure to smoke, fire and flames.....2,760

Accidental gun deaths 2013......505

Accidental gun deaths of children under 14 in 2013....in a country with 74.2 million children in 2010...

Under 1 year old: 3

1-4 years old: 27

5-14 years old: 39

Total: 69 ( in a country of 320 million people)

Gun Suicide: 21,175
Non gun suicide: 19,974

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr63/nvsr63_09.pdf

Then by year accidental gun deaths going down according to CDC final statistics table 10 from 2010-2013...

So...accidental gun deaths have been coming down as more people own and carry guns for self defense....now 12.8 million people actually carry guns for self defense......on their person, and the accidental gun death rate is going down, not up....

Father whose 11-year-old son 'shot and killed' three-year-old boy with his gun in Detroit found guilty of manslaughter

Read more: Father whose son, 11, 'shot and killed' boy, 3, guilty of manslaughter

YES.

Its about time the parents/adults were held responsible for the gun deaths of children.

This man got off easy but my bet is he was prosecuted because he's black. When whites are also held responsible, I'll see that differently.
Whites are more safe and responsible. I am surprised you didn't say the gun did it. Retard.

You KNOW thats the reason. How many white parents has this happened too and how many convictions were given to the parents? I bet that number is waaaaay off.

YES.

Liberalism is such a double edged sword...lol

YES.

Whites are more safe and responsible. I am surprised you didn't say the gun did it. Retard.

good point------I am not GUN knowledgable-------but it seems to me that GUNS
should have some kind of DIFFICULT to overcome safety device HOOKED on for
when they are not IN USE

he's lucky it wasn't felony murder

The father didn't commit a felony
The kid did

the kid was too young to commit a felony.

I wonder what gun laws daddy broke.

so like I said.

Did he break any gun laws at all?

The kid stole the gun had the presence of mind to drop it out a window to pick it up later and killed someone with it

And the kid could certainly commit a felony crime and this one did by murdering another whether the courts charge him with a crime is another matter entirely

he's lucky it wasn't felony murder

The father didn't commit a felony
The kid did

the kid was too young to commit a felony.

I wonder what gun laws daddy broke.

so like I said.

The victim didn't during the commission of a felony. He can't be charged with felony murder.

It wouldn't matter what gun law he violated.

Felony Murder | Criminal Law

Negligent homicide. That would be the correct charge. Any time a gun is handled or stored in a negligent manner, and someone is killed, the owner should face that charge.

Negligent homicide. That would be the correct charge. Any time a gun is handled or stored in a negligent manner, and someone is killed, the owner should face that charge.

Not necessarily. Accidents happen. A motorist that causes a fatal auto accident isn't always charged with negligent homicide, unless he's a commercial driver.

YES.

Here is hoping your car gets stolen, a child is hit by it, and you go to prison for manslaughter.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back