Father kills boy in his daughter's bed

I wonder how many time the Dad has said to himself; 'why did I buy that stupid gun?'

I wonder how many times this woman has thanked god she bought that wonderful gun ?

Sheriff: Woman holds intruder at gunpoint

By News Staff
Published: Mar 12, 2014 at 2:52 PM PDT

JUNCTION CITY, Ore. - A woman held an intruder at gunpoint until authorities arrived Wednesday morning.

The man then refused to surrender to police, taking up a fighting stance armed with a shoe, the Lane County Sheriff's Office said.

A deputy and an Oregon State Police trooper finally took 33-year-old Joseph Riley Baker into custody with the help of a stun gun.

Law enforcement responded to the High Pass Road home after the resident called to report she was holding an intruder at gunpoint just before 9 a.m. Wednesday.

Baker armed himself with a shoe and threatened to assault the deputy and trooper who first arrived on scene. They used a Taser to take him into custody.

The deputy jailed Baker on charges of Burglary I, Criminal Mischief I, Menacing and Resisting Arrest.

Sheriff: Woman holds intruder at gunpoint | Local | KMTR

Police tell FOX 26 reporter John Donnelly that the father was notified that there was someone in his daughter's bedroom by one of his other children.

The father then went into the girl's bedroom and discovered the 17 year old male in bed with his 16 year old daughter. The daughter denied knowing who the boy was.

A confrontation between the father and boy started. The boy apparently wasn't listening to the father's commands and reached for something. It ended with 17 year old being shot and killed at the scene.

Good Heavens! Why on earth did she tell her dad that she didn't know this guy? He likely believed that a stranger was raping his daughter. If she had told her dad the truth that she invited the boy into her room, the kid would still be alive. She now has to live with her conscience in that she contributed to the boy's death.

Yep, if I found a guy in bed with my wife or daughter, and the claim was that they didn't know him, naturally your first thought is that it's an intruder.

Love the way some of you simply accept and even encourage idiots taking the law into their own hands.

This isn't the wild, wild, West anymore, you know?

I wonder how many time the Dad has said to himself; 'why did I buy that stupid gun?'

Since he was willing to shoot the victim, he probably would have also been willing to stab him, or use any # of other weapons on him.

The story is about a gun. Try to focus dementia class!

Oh nice, dude.

Anyway, the point is, even if he had no gun, since his daughter first claimed she did not know the teen, he obviously thought it was an intruder and likely would have attacked him utilizing whatever he had. A knife for instance.
I bet you have some steak knives in your drawer that could be used quite easily to fatally attack someone with.

Since he was willing to shoot the victim, he probably would have also been willing to stab him, or use any # of other weapons on him.

Oh nice, dude.

Anyway, the point is, even if he had no gun, since his daughter first claimed she did not know the teen, he obviously thought it was an intruder and likely would have attacked him utilizing whatever he had. A knife for instance.
I bet you have some steak knives in your drawer that could be used quite easily to fatally attack someone with.

But he did have a gun, used it, and killed an innocent kid.

Oh nice, dude.

But he did have a gun, used it, and killed an innocent kid.

Quite right. From one of your posts though, I get the feeling you're anti-gun and therefore blame the fact that a gun was present is why this teen is dead.

I'm merely pointing out that sense this father obviously believed the teen was an intruder, he could have easily attacked and killed him with some other kind of weapon.

Forum List

Back