Father of Newtown Victim Heckled

We have a cancer in this country, and they are armed.

628x471.jpg

Neil Heslin, father of 6-year-old Newtown shooting victim Jesse Lewis, was heckled at the Connecticut State Legislature as he testified Tuesday in hearings on the aftermath of the Newtown massacre. Gun enthusiasts shouted “the Second Amendment!” several times while Heslin, holding a picture of his son, wondered why Bushmaster assault-style weapons such as the one shooter Adam Lanza used should be sold in the state. “There are a lot of things that should be changed to prevent what happened,” Heslin said. Around 1,500 people—both pro-gun and anti, who all had to pass through metal detectors—attended the hearings at the Connecticut capitol under heightened security. Hundreds testified, with one lawyer insisting “the local and national debate has been co-opted by the anti-gun agenda.”

Read it at Connecticut Post

January 29, 2013 7:05 AM

That talking point has been debunked better luck next time.

I guess you didn't watch the video....
With all due respect the Father of this boy pushed the issue.
He asked a question and the room was silent for a good 3 seconds.
Then he said see no one can answer this question...
Then a few in the audience did answer his question...

It was so far removed from heckling its ridiculous.

You must have seen Martin Bashir's MSNBC edited version to make it look like he was heckled.

It's a shame MSNBC and the rest of the liberal media doesn't care about the truth just in advancing Obama's agenda...

They did not answer the damned question.

If I asked why gay marriage shouldn't be allowed, and someone said 'because its illegal' is that an answer? Nope, it isn't. This is the kind of stupid run around this father got.

They most certainly DID answer it, regardless of your dislike for that answer.

The Bill of Rights trumps ALL!

If you don't like it, CHANGE it!

LEGALLY!
She can't do shit....she's not from this great country, nor does she live here.

It could have prevented some of the massacres. Universal background checks on ALL sales is supported by over 90% of Americans and almost 90% of NRA members...BUT, it is not supported by the NRA...WHY???

They are already required by dealers and it is already a Federal crime to sell a gun to a felon, drug addict or mental whack.

Are universal background checks required on all sales at gun shows; yes, or no?

We should also require background checks on all sales of knives(even cooking knives), cars, baseball bats, etc etc

let everybody in this country all share in the fun background checks

We should also require background checks on all sales of knives(even cooking knives), cars, baseball bats, etc etc

Thank you for again verifying that you are a child.

hey, you started a thread on false and edited information and went all berserk over it. you should talk about who's the child

hey, you started a thread on false and edited information and went all berserk over it. you should talk about who's the child

Are you right wing parrots allowed out of your cages? Try not to fly into a window.

AGAIN...The OP has NOTHING to do with any video...it was a local Connecticut reporter who covered the hearing LIVE and IN PERSON.

It could have prevented some of the massacres. Universal background checks on ALL sales is supported by over 90% of Americans and almost 90% of NRA members...BUT, it is not supported by the NRA...WHY???

They are already required by dealers and it is already a Federal crime to sell a gun to a felon, drug addict or mental whack.

In many States. Everywhere it is required by dealers.

It is already a Federal crime to sell a gun to a felon, drug addict or mental whack by anyone anywhere.

Please, guy, stop trying to compare your penis surrogates to real freedoms. It's laughable.

The "penis surrogate" argument is the Godwin's law of the gun control debate. Congratulations, you just lost.

I think you misunderstand the problem Godwin's law as a fallacy.

But that's okay, you are a weak and emotional debator...

The method used against the cig manufacturers was that they deliberately lied about thier product. Even so I disagree with the lawsuits against them. anyone who couldnt figure out sucking on burning leaves is bad for you is a bit daft.

There is no lying going on with gun manufacturers.Thier products work as intended, as they send a projectile down a metal tube when you pull the trigger.

I would LOVE to see the moment in court when the Douchebag from Freedom Works says, "Our product functioned EXACTLY as designed", and then the lawyer for the parents slaps down graphic autopsy and crime scene photos on the wall of the Jury Well, and said, "You call this 'as intended'? Have you no shame, sir!"

Thats why the law is needed, because people will try to backdoor killing gun rights by going after manufacturer's of guns, even if thier product wasn't malfunctioning. Note that the law explicitly leaves out product malfunctions from the protection.

No, civil law is needed to hold people to account for their actions.

Freedom Works marketted a deadly weapon to unstable people, and has fought against background checks and waiting periods.

This is why you guys don't want to see the inside of a courtroom. You'd lose. Quickly.

Universal background checks are impossible to enforce. It would make more sense to pass a law against masturbating.

Demanding universal background checks is proof that you are mentally retarded.

If my father dies and leaves me a collection of firearms, do I require a background check?

According to numskulls like you, yes I do.

I love these gun threads.......become definitive illustrations of how naive the limpwristers are when it comes to firearms. The entire narrative of their being hyper-hysterical is COMPLETELY based upon emotion. Disney rears its ugly head again.

I waited to long to add one of these to my arsenal and am lamenting it now. Mossberg has them on 18 month back-order at the present time. Hoping a buddy sells me his but if not, hopefully that mad rush to purchase millions of weapons will die down.

In the meantime, here is one sweet-ass weapon tht all non-limprwristers must obtain. It is never mentioned by the gun grabbers in any of these threads = laughable......terrified of the scary looking guns.

Fuck an AR-15.....dont even own one.............

THIS is the shit...............each shot can remove a head at 30 paces.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgPcy-J61lo]MOSSBERG 930 SLUG DESTRUCTION - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I love these gun threads.......become definitive illustrations of how naive the limpwristers are when it comes to firearms. The entire narrative of their being hyper-hysterical is COMPLETELY based upon emotion. Disney rears its ugly head again.

I waited to long to add one of these to my arsenal and am lamenting it now. Mossberg has them on 18 month back-order at the present time. Hoping a buddy sells me his but if not, hopefully that mad rush to purchase millions of weapons will die down.

In the meantime, here is one sweet-ass weapon tht all non-limprwristers must obtain. It is never mentioned by the gun grabbers in any of these threads = laughable......terrified of the scary looking guns.

Fuck an AR-15.....dont even own one.............

THIS is the shit...............each shot can remove a head at 30 paces.

Guy, i was in the army for 11 years, and have handled more guns than you ever will...

And frankly, the best argument for gun control is a gun nut freaking out about how badly he wants to go around killing things...

Going back to ignoring you now.

Universal background checks are impossible to enforce. It would make more sense to pass a law against masturbating.

Universal background checks are not impossible to enforce. And, if there was a law against masturbating, you wouldn't be here.

It is already a Federal crime to sell a gun to a felon, drug addict or mental whack by anyone anywhere.

So the answer is no, universal background checks are not required on all sales at gun shows.

Simple solution...make universal background checks required on all sales at gun shows; through licensed dealers, AND private sellers. No law abiding citizen should oppose that common sense law, UNLESS, like the NRA you are willing to aid and abet murderers so gun manufacturers send you millions of dollars.

Universal background checks are not impossible to enforce. And, if there was a law against masturbating, you wouldn't be here.

If I sell a gun to my brother, how is the government going to force him to get a background check?

You don't need to prove you're an asshole. We're already convinced.

Last edited:

So the answer is no, universal background checks are not required on all sales at gun shows.

Simple solution...make universal background checks required on all sales at gun shows; through licensed dealers, AND private sellers. No law abiding citizen should oppose that common sense law, UNLESS, like the NRA you are willing to aid and abet murderers so gun manufacturers send you millions of dollars.

The sure sign that someone is a liberal is that he thinks there is a simple solution to every problem. Gun control is the current simple solution in vogue with liberal morons.

Forum List

Back