Father of Newtown Victim Heckled

We have a cancer in this country, and they are armed.

628x471.jpg

Neil Heslin, father of 6-year-old Newtown shooting victim Jesse Lewis, was heckled at the Connecticut State Legislature as he testified Tuesday in hearings on the aftermath of the Newtown massacre. Gun enthusiasts shouted “the Second Amendment!” several times while Heslin, holding a picture of his son, wondered why Bushmaster assault-style weapons such as the one shooter Adam Lanza used should be sold in the state. “There are a lot of things that should be changed to prevent what happened,” Heslin said. Around 1,500 people—both pro-gun and anti, who all had to pass through metal detectors—attended the hearings at the Connecticut capitol under heightened security. Hundreds testified, with one lawyer insisting “the local and national debate has been co-opted by the anti-gun agenda.”

Read it at Connecticut Post

January 29, 2013 7:05 AM

You know what bothers me most about this post? The main stream media edited tape of that confrontation...taking out the part where Neil Heslin first asks a question to which nobody responds to at all...then repeats the question...in effect demanding an answer...which members of the audience provided. That isn't "heckling"...that's an exchange of viewpoints.

What's going on here isn't an attempt to make sure what happened in Connecticut doesn't happen again because banning assault weapons won't cure mental illness or keep criminals from using weapons illegally. The murder rate in Chicago...a place with some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation should illustrate that...but this was never about stopping crazy people or criminals from getting weapons...this is about taking legally owned weapons out of the hands of law abiding Americans using the shootings at that school as an excuse. The truth is we have plenty of laws already on the books. Adding more will not make the nuts sane again nor make criminals who murder (which in case you hadn't heard is against the law!) obey gun laws.

AGAIN, I need to correct a Fox News, Breitbart parrot.

The OP HAS NOTHING to do with any video...it is a local Connecticut reporter who attended the hearing IN PERSON, and concluded Father of Newtown victim heckled at hearing as did the Chairman of the hearing who threatened to clear the room.

And again, you need to be corrected. Your local Connecticut reporter, as well as the chairman of the hearing were WRONG, as proven by the unedited videotape.

How long are you going to embarrass yourself by whipping this dead horse?

628x471.jpg

Neil Heslin, father of 6-year-old Newtown shooting victim Jesse Lewis, was heckled at the Connecticut State Legislature as he testified Tuesday in hearings on the aftermath of the Newtown massacre. Gun enthusiasts shouted “the Second Amendment!” several times while Heslin, holding a picture of his son, wondered why Bushmaster assault-style weapons such as the one shooter Adam Lanza used should be sold in the state. “There are a lot of things that should be changed to prevent what happened,” Heslin said. Around 1,500 people—both pro-gun and anti, who all had to pass through metal detectors—attended the hearings at the Connecticut capitol under heightened security. Hundreds testified, with one lawyer insisting “the local and national debate has been co-opted by the anti-gun agenda.”

LIES.. IT was edited to make it look that way.. He asked a question they answered it. The news station edited out him asking the question.. Nice try though

The OP HAS NOTHING to do with any video...it is a local Connecticut reporter who attended the hearing IN PERSON, and concluded Father of Newtown victim heckled at hearing as did the Chairman of the hearing who threatened to clear the room.

The man was not heckled, that is a fact! You and the reporter you are sighting are lying. It's on tape, your misinformation has been proven false.

Edit to add: I do not like calling you a liar but you persists in doing so.

Last edited:

628x471.jpg

You know what bothers me most about this post? The main stream media edited tape of that confrontation...taking out the part where Neil Heslin first asks a question to which nobody responds to at all...then repeats the question...in effect demanding an answer...which members of the audience provided. That isn't "heckling"...that's an exchange of viewpoints.

What's going on here isn't an attempt to make sure what happened in Connecticut doesn't happen again because banning assault weapons won't cure mental illness or keep criminals from using weapons illegally. The murder rate in Chicago...a place with some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation should illustrate that...but this was never about stopping crazy people or criminals from getting weapons...this is about taking legally owned weapons out of the hands of law abiding Americans using the shootings at that school as an excuse. The truth is we have plenty of laws already on the books. Adding more will not make the nuts sane again nor make criminals who murder (which in case you hadn't heard is against the law!) obey gun laws.

So answer me this...if in fact he WAS heckled? Why did the main stream media feel the need to edit out the part where Neil Heslin asks the question again? Why didn't they play it straight and show us what REALLY happened at the meeting?

The truth is...they edited tape to make what happened at that meeting match THEIR view of supporters of gun rights as bad people. That local Connecticut reporter heard what he wanted to hear...not what actually happened. The Chairman of the hearing was simply enforcing the rules against public comment during testimony. You make the leap of logic that he felt Heslin was being heckled because that's what YOU'D like believe happened.

And you call me a parrot? Amusing...

So answer me this...if in fact he WAS heckled? Why did the main stream media feel the need to edit out the part where Neil Heslin asks the question again? Why didn't they play it straight and show us what REALLY happened at the meeting?

The truth is...they edited tape to make what happened at that meeting match THEIR view of supporters of gun rights as bad people. That local Connecticut reporter heard what he wanted to hear...not what actually happened. The Chairman of the hearing was simply enforcing the rules against public comment during testimony. You make the leap of logic that he felt Heslin was being heckled because that's what YOU'D like believe happened.

You must be a parrot, because you are one of many parrots who keep bringing up the same theme; a video aired by MSNBC. This thread has absolutely NOTHING to do with any video. This was a Connecticut reported who covered the hearing IN PERSON.

When I started this thread, I was not even aware of what MSNBC aired. But now you parrots are expanding this to a conspiracy theory, accusing the whole 'main stream media'? Do you have any proof any 'main stream media' outlet other than MSNBC aired an edited video??

The FACTS are, other reporters totally independent of MSNBC covering the hearing came to the conclusion "Father of Newtown Victim Heckled"

This particular reporter was THERE in PERSON and drew his conclusion from what he saw and heard that day. I highly doubt he even saw what MSNBC aired, because he was too busy writing WHAT HE SAW AND HEARD WITH HIS OWN EYES AND EARS.

But in the tiny brain of parrots, anyone who said he was heckled first had to sit in front of their TV set, tuned in MSNBC, received their marching orders and say he was heckled.

I would support your right to an opinion, but you parrots can't generate an opinion. You can only repeat what you hear...

YOU JUST PROVED THAT.

The man was not heckled....
Martin Bashir of MSNBC lied with another edited video which seems to be the norm over there
these days.

If you guys saw the video in it's entirety there is no other conclusion that he was not heckled.

You must be a parrot, because you are one of many parrots who keep bringing up the same theme; a video aired by MSNBC. This thread has absolutely NOTHING to do with any video. This was a Connecticut reported who covered the hearing IN PERSON.

When I started this thread, I was not even aware of what MSNBC aired. But now you parrots are expanding this to a conspiracy theory, accusing the whole 'main stream media'? Do you have any proof any 'main stream media' outlet other than MSNBC aired an edited video??

The FACTS are, other reporters totally independent of MSNBC covering the hearing came to the conclusion "Father of Newtown Victim Heckled"

This particular reporter was THERE in PERSON and drew his conclusion from what he saw and heard that day. I highly doubt he even saw what MSNBC aired, because he was too busy writing WHAT HE SAW AND HEARD WITH HIS OWN EYES AND EARS.

But in the tiny brain of parrots, anyone who said he was heckled first had to sit in front of their TV set, tuned in MSNBC, received their marching orders and say he was heckled.

I would support your right to an opinion, but you parrots can't generate an opinion. You can only repeat what you hear...

YOU JUST PROVED THAT.

I watched the unedited video - you Sir are a first-class fool or a liar. The man was not heckled. That is the simple truth.

Are there really some people who are still trying to claim that he was heckled despite all the evidence?

Last edited:
Validated by who? It has been debunked numerous times as an overall indidcator of defensive use of firearms.

Your second argument is a logical fallacy, as do you really think closing all the prisions would make us safer? You are implying getting rid of guns in private ownership would make us safer, which is a gumdrop fantasy land belief.

Actually, here's the thing.

We lock up 2 million people and have 300,000,000 guns. Yet last year, we had 16000 homicides, 11,000 of them committed with guns.

Germany- Locks up only 78,000 people and gun ownership is restricted.

They had 690 homicides and only 158 were committed with guns.

Japan locks up only 69,000 people and gun ownership by private citizens is non-existant.

They had 582 Homicides, only of which 11 were committed with guns.

Yes, if we had no guns and only locked up the people who were truly dangerous, we'd have less crime.

But you have a gun industry and a prison industry that make billions of dollars playing on the fears of people like you, even though they make you LESS safe, not more. But, hey, at least we aren't socalists like the Germans and Japanese, eh?

Try telling that to someone who has had to use their gun defensively.

Or would you rather have a dead crime victim than a live gun owner.

Again, guy, I've never known anyone who has used their gun defensively.

I've known people who've had to bury family members who were killed with that gun they bought for protection.

Happened to a guy who lived next door to me.

628x471.jpg

Yes, it is from a report that clearly when someone listens to what happened was incorrect, or a lie to make the news more sensational. You have been provided the uncut version of the tape it is clear that the man WAS NOT HECKLED, give it up. The man asked the crowd a question, chided them to answer, and when someone did the Judge told them they were not allowed to talk in court and everyone said nothing after that. View the video.

Try telling that to someone who has had to use their gun defensively.

Or would you rather have a dead crime victim than a live gun owner.

Again, guy, I've never known anyone who has used their gun defensively.

I've known people who've had to bury family members who were killed with that gun they bought for protection.

Happened to a guy who lived next door to me.

My thoughts are that in my area it is fairly well known that everyone hunts so thus they have at least one gun. So I am thinking that a statistic that can't be measured is how many people were not threatened because a crook didn't want the challenge, picked easier targets or waited for the person to leave.

Validated by who? It has been debunked numerous times as an overall indidcator of defensive use of firearms.

Your second argument is a logical fallacy, as do you really think closing all the prisions would make us safer? You are implying getting rid of guns in private ownership would make us safer, which is a gumdrop fantasy land belief.

Actually, here's the thing.

We lock up 2 million people and have 300,000,000 guns. Yet last year, we had 16000 homicides, 11,000 of them committed with guns.

Germany- Locks up only 78,000 people and gun ownership is restricted.

They had 690 homicides and only 158 were committed with guns.

Japan locks up only 69,000 people and gun ownership by private citizens is non-existant.

They had 582 Homicides, only of which 11 were committed with guns.

Yes, if we had no guns and only locked up the people who were truly dangerous, we'd have less crime.

But you have a gun industry and a prison industry that make billions of dollars playing on the fears of people like you, even though they make you LESS safe, not more. But, hey, at least we aren't socalists like the Germans and Japanese, eh?

Wouldn't you think that trying to find WHY so many people in America are intent upon doing bodily harm to others would be a more permanent fix to the problem than blaming an inanimate object?

628x471.jpg

People lie or their impression is often wrong, here is the video unedited. I am surprised you are keeping up this liberal story line it has been well debunked.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/275625-father-of-newtown-victim-heckled-9.html

My thoughts are that in my area it is fairly well known that everyone hunts so thus they have at least one gun. So I am thinking that a statistic that can't be measured is how many people were not threatened because a crook didn't want the challenge, picked easier targets or waited for the person to leave.

That works on the assumption that criminals essentially would love to be having these confrontations.

Most crooks wait for the person to leave whether they have a gun or not. Because the law makes breaking into an empty house a lesser crime than breaking into a house with people in it, and there's a much less chance of being identified.

Again, if guns and prisons made us safer, why do we have the highest crime rate in the industrialized world DESPITE having all these guns and prisons?

Wouldn't you think that trying to find WHY so many people in America are intent upon doing bodily harm to others would be a more permanent fix to the problem than blaming an inanimate object?

We already know why.

We just don't want to do the things like address income inequality or education inequality. We give people no hope and then wonder why they engage in hopeless lifestyles of crime and drugs.

But we won't fix that... we ain't a bunch of socialists!

So we sit down, hunkered down in our homes with our home security systems and our guns and our big dogs... hoping the hopeless don't attack us.

Except of course, there were only 201 cases in the entire country of civilians shooting felons in the act of a felony. So you have a whopping one in a 1.5 million chance of actually using your gun for that purpose.

We just don't want to do the things like address income inequality or education inequality. We give people no hope and then wonder why they engage in hopeless lifestyles of crime and drugs.

Yes it is not their fault they commit violent gun crimes and do drugs.

It is yours America.

We already know why.

But we won't fix that... we ain't a bunch of socialists!

So we sit down, hunkered down in our homes with our home security systems and our guns and our big dogs... hoping the hopeless don't attack us.

Except of course, there were only 201 cases in the entire country of civilians shooting felons in the act of a felony. So you have a whopping one in a 1.5 million chance of actually using your gun for that purpose.

Oh for God's sake...part of the reason people are running out of "hope" is that they've had to endure the slowest recovery from a recession since the Great Depression because our current Administration never took economics in school! You want to lower crime rates? Give people jobs! You've got 40% of young black men unemployed and you wonder why we've got problems? Why the heck did we just raise taxes while not cutting government spending? How is doing THAT going to make things better? Progressives are making fiscal policy that makes absolutely no sense at all...and then they are turning around and criticizing citizens for wanting to protect themselves from the resulting human behavior! You've GOT to be kidding me!

Here's a newsflash for ya, Sparky! When people have no hope they feel like they have nothing to lose. Then you tell them over and over that it's someone ELSE'S fault...it's those darned "rich people" that are the problem...you're providing a justification to take what doesn't belong to you from someone else. We've got income inequality because our fiscal policy has left lower income people twisting in the wind waiting for jobs that never come BECAUSE of our fiscal policies! Rich people are getting richer because they're the only ones left with money BECAUSE of those fiscal policies. This ongoing recession (and please don't tell me that it's not a recession because of the technical rules...it is one and continues to be one for those who haven't been able to find work for years or are working a part time menial job because that's all they can find) is what has people scared. There are millions of desperate people out there that are barely hanging on. The sad thing is that we just reelected a President who's more concerned about his "agenda" then in putting them back to work so it's NOT going to get better anytime soon.

You're from Chicago, Joe B? So tell me how having some of the strictest gun control laws in the country is working for you guys? Crime rate way down?

Yes it is not their fault they commit violent gun crimes and do drugs.

It is yours America.

We have this problem.

Germany and Japan don't.

Maybe we need to look at what Germany and Japan are doing, and compare it to what we are doing.

Forum List

Back